- Text Size +
Chapter 8
A few weeks' later things were going great for Gina and her friends. Gina thought about the last few weeks as she was packing her stuff. She along with Chelsea and Rachel had leased an apartment closer to the guys in Orlando. Especially now since the guys were on break for 6 months. Of course being closer to the guys weren't the only reason. They would be closer to school as well. Gina was happy to be moving out of her parent's house. Gina had told her mom about how she had seen Nick again. Her mom had not only been thrilled but it also gave her some incentive to call his parents in LA, which she had only talked to Jane twice since the move. Gina remembered back to her and Howie's first date. Howie had taken her to a nice Mexican place where they laughed and talked than had gone to the beach to watch the sunset. He had been such the gentleman that day and of course since she had fun they had many days after that and were now officially a couple. Gina sighed at the memory of the night before. Howie had taken her to dinner and dancing and than when he had taken her home he had asked her out. Gina had said yes because she had found to like Howie a lot. Of course she had feelings for Nick still but was learning how to shut them down. Nick and Gina had talked on the phone almost everyday but things were still awkward. Gina had finished the last of her stuff and put the box in the trunk of the car and left a few minutes later after saying good bye to her parents.
Gina arrived at the apartment and was surprised to see Chelsea and Rachel already their unpacking their things in their bedrooms. The apartment had 3 bedrooms withits own bathroom attached along with a living room, kitchen and laundry room. After a few hours of packing the girls decided to take a break and sat on the couch to talk since they had just listened to music without a word and there was nothing else to do till they got the TV hooked up. " What has been up with you guys lately?" Rachel asked while sipping her coke. They hadn't really talked. They'd all been busy. " Nothing really been busy with Ryan" Chelsea replied with a shrug. " Have you talked to Kevin" Gina asked. At the mention of Kevin Chelsea's eyes lit up. " Yeah I have Kevin calls almost everyday so we talk about all kinds of things" Chelsea answered. " Does Ryan know about Kevin" Rachel asked. Chelsea bit her lip. The truth was that she hadn't said a thing to Ryan about Kevin. Lately overtime Kevin's calls had made her think about Kevin more and more and at times forgot about Ryan. " Um no" Chelsea said. Rachel smirked. " You like Kevin as more than a friend don't you". Chelsea looked away and shook her head. " No I don't". " Yes you do I can tell from your face plus you are honest with Ryan usually and if Kevin is just a friend you would have told him" Gina explained. Chelsea rolled her eyes. " IM in love with Ryan and IM happy besides Kevin is having problems in his marriage and doesn't need to be in any new relationships right now especially since he was deciding on whether or not to divorce Kristen so I really have no chance with him" Chelsea reminded them. Hey all had heard about the problems in fact Chelsea was the first to hear and she had urged him to ask the boys what to do since they knew Kristen and she didn't. She had told Gina and Rachel and both girls thought it was a sign. Before either girl could say anything the door bell rung.
Kevin pulled up to his house around dinnertime. He had gone to the gym to help clear his head. The past few days Him and Kristen had been fighting worse than before. They didn't have anything in common anymore and he knew that the marriage was for the most part over. He had called Chelsea almost every day since they had met and ended up confiding in her. She had told him to ask the boys on what to do since they knew Kristen and when he told the boys about it they said he should end it. He couldn't stop thinking about her no matter how much he tried. Kevin walked in the door expecting to see Kristen making dinner but the house was dark. Kevin walked upstairs to take a shower but walked into the bedroom to find the closet door open and Kristen's side empty. He looked around to find all her stuff gone. A note had been laid on the nightstand. Kevin opened it and it said:
Dear Kevin,
By the time you read this I will be long gone. You know are marriage isn't working and IM not happy. I suspect that you can't be happy either and all the fighting has gone on long enough. I filed for divorce last week and the papers that you will need to sign that will make it legal and final should be arriving in the next few days. I hope you have a nice life and I am already seeing someone else so IM moving on with mine. I still love you Kevin and always will.
Love,
Kristen
Kevin's eyes started to water in the realization that his marriage was really over. Kevin knew it was for the best and was probably going to do that anyway but that didn't make it any easier. He still loved Kristen but knew it was time to move on. Kevin put down the letter and decided on taking a shower and calling Chelsea afterwards.
After the girls had sat back down with their large stuffed crust extra cheese pizza they started gossiping again. " So Rachel how are you and AJ" Chelsea asked with a smirk. Rachel looked at her. " Nothing AJ and I have been on a few outings and talked on the phone" Rachel replied. " So you haven't had sex with him yet" Gina asked in disbelief. Gina could remember Rachel telling them at least a thousand times that if she got her hands on AJ she would rape the man and than a few weeks earlier she had met him and nothing happened yet. " Why not" Chelsea asked. Rachel sighed. " Because I care about him I mean before I assumed it would be strictly physical but just talking to him there is so much more" Rachel explained. Chelsea choked on her piece of pizza. "You mean to tell us that you actually want to date AJ" Gina asked trying get it straight. " Well yes but IM still going to remain friends for a little longer besides I have ideas for him" Rachel said mischievously. After a few minutes of silence Chelsea looked at Gina. " So what's going on between you and Howie". " Me and Howie are dating" Gina replied nonchalantly. " Oh my god that’s great what about Nick" Chelsea asked. Chelsea thought that Gina should be with Nick. " Nothing me and Nick are just friends we are just starting over and he is still with Mandyand I have put my feelings for him behind me as you can see I have moved on" Gina explained. " AS you should Nick can kiss your ass after they way he befriended you and with that dirty whore Mandy you don't need him" Rachel pointed out. Chelsea knew there was still feelings for Nick but decided to keep her mouth shut and let her friend be happy.