- Text Size +
Cassandra Silver Dove stood looking out at the flowing fields, her long dark red hair dancing in the breeze. Her deep dark blue eyes seemed to almost sparkle in the moonlight. She turned her head as she heard a horse in the distance, telling her someone was approaching her village. Whistling she turned to the young indian boy that had joined her.
" What have you seen?" He asked her.
" White Men. I'd say about five or six. Maybe a search party. Tell the others." She whispered to him.
" Him again?" The Boy said looking towards the tall man sitting upon the almost silver colored mustang.
" He seems to find our village of great interest."
" He mustent find our village come we must return." He siad grabbing her hand and leading her back towards the village.
" What's wrong Silver Dove?" The Chief asked.
" The white man has returned and he's not alone." She said looking upon the older man. The chief had taken her in as a child and she had grown to love him as her own father. His wife had been killed during a midnight raid so the only children he had was her and the boy at her side.
" You've played to long in the sun little one. he wouldnt dare return here." The Chief said looking at her.
" But father I've seen him. So did Little Eagle." She said looking towards the boy at her side.
" It is true father he's here. I saw him with my own eyes. He's not her imagination he's real." Little Eagle siad holding onto Silver Dove's hand. The Chief looked at his two children and nodded. Sending several of his best warriors off he wanted the stranger brought in alive. Then he turned his attention back to Silver Dove and Little Eagle. He had admired the livelness of his daughter, it proved just how different she really was, her long red hair streaked with a silver streak down one side set her out from all the other indian maidens. But it made her wanted just as much. Her skin as white as that of a dove. Hence the name Silver Dove.
He remembered when she had been brought to them as a child, she was frightened and alone. Couldnt have been more than five years old at the time. Her family had been killed by a warring tribes warriors. He had taken her in and raised her as his own, he saw her fire and love of life. She adapted quickly to her new life even taking the indian name with pride.
" Little Eagle take your sister back to her tent. Stay with her." The chief said to him.
" Yes father." Little Eagle siad taking her hand and leading her back towards her tent. She smiled sweetly at her younger brother, he was a few inches taller than she was even if he was younger than she was.
" What of the white man father?" SHe asked looking towards him.
" He will be delt with." The Chief said.


~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~


" Are you sure about this Richardson?" The man asked.
" Yes I am. A red haired girl was seen with this tribe. And even if I have to kidnap every white girl that is with an indian tribe I will." He siad looking at him.
" You cant keep doing that. It will get you killed."
" I've found their rightful homes havent I?"
" Yes sir you have. But Kevin as your friend are you really sure about this one? We've checked every tribe from here to the Rio Grand and havent found the one that has your sister. Maybe she's dead."
" SHe was a child they wouldnt kill her. Please Nick dont question me about this again."
" Hey dont get mad at me. I'm just tellin' ya" Nick said. Kevin moved forward trying to get a better look at the girl.
" There she is. They are taking her back to her tent."
" The red head? She's very pretty." Nick said looking at the girl as she entered her teepee.
" Yes she is. And she's white. We are taking her before dawn. Cause I know that they will move again and we wont find them." Kevin siad.
" Yes sir. I'll get the others." Nick siad heading off to get the other two men that had come with them.
" Do it right this time. If McLean messes up again I'm letting the indians have him." Kevin growled. Nick nodded vigoursly and ran off to get the others. Kevin watched as the three men made their way down and into the camp unseen.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

Silver Dove sat on the floor of her teepee. she looked towards the doorway and saw that Little Eagle sat just outside. She knew he worried about her and that he'd protect her no matter what. She heard a noise towards the other side of the teepee and turned to see three white men standing in there with her. Standing quickly she started to scream, but one moved foward and shoved a cloth in her mouth silencing her.
" I'm sorry but you've got to come with us." He said his voice raspy as he spoke. He moved her foward as another tied her arms tightly together and they headed out the back of the teepee unseen. Little Eagle had heard a noise and peeked into the teepee to find his sister gone.
"Father she;s gone. Someone has come and taken her." Little Eagle called out to the Chief. The Chief turned his eyes towards the cries of his son and nodded.
" Send out a war party find her bring her back alive." He siad. " But bring me the men that took her."