- Text Size +
Chapter 10

I lay down on my bed thinking. What could have gone wrong why had Adam walk out on me? My phone rang.

"Hey Anita."

"Hi Thomas."

"What are you doing tomorrow?"

"I don't know why."

"There is a party at my house, Julio wants to know if you will be his date."

"No."

"No? Why not!"

"If he wanted me to go out with him he should ask me himself." I hung up the phone.

I was about to roll over when the phone rang.

"Damnit Anita you have to go with me to Thomas party." Julio said cutting to the point.

"Why should I?"

"Because you know and I know that we make a hot couple so come on."

"I guess, I have nothing better to do."

Julio and I finished talking on the phone and making plans. I knew I should have been more excited on finally having a date with Julio but I still felt depressed about Adam.

"Anita are you there?" Julio asked.

"Huh? Oh yeah sorry I was just thinking."

"Anything I could help you with?" He asked in a serious voice.

"Julio, what do you think of me truthfully?"

He paused.

"Well I like you, you are usually very sweet and you are pretty and fun to be around why?"

"Adam walked out on me on our date today." I said then began to answer what happened.

"Anita, Adam didn't walk out on you because he doesn't like you, he walked out because he felt that he shouldn't become between you and Nick."

"Oh." I answered. I wasn't sure what to think now.

Julio and I talked a while longer then we got off the phone.

~~~~~~~~~

The next day I got up and watched a movie with Camille. She and I talked about the party later that day. I helped her decide what to wear then looked for what I wanted.

I put on some short blue jean shorts and a tight hot pink top. I braided my hair into two braids and finished the outfit with hot pink tennis shoes that were also high heels. Camille and I drove to the party. I walked in and looked around. An arm slid around my waist.

"Hey." I said greeting Julio.

"Hey." He answered smiling at me and taking a drink from his beer bottle.

We walked around. I noticed Nick in a corner talking to Nicole. When he looked up I pretended not to see him and took a drink of beer from Julios bottle.

Julio and I moved close together and danced on the dance floor. We were grinding heavily. I saw Nick. He didn't look too happy.

I walked around and drank out of bottles from Brock, Jerrid, Thomas, and some other random guys. I wasn't getting drunk however. I actually hated the taste of beer so I was actually only pretending to drink from the bottles

I was dancing with Jeff, a cute football player who was beyond drunk when I noticed Nick was still watching. He actually looked worried. Rolling my eyes I let Jeff lead me outside.

"Where are we going?" I asked looking at him.

"To my car." He replied slurring.

Sighing I got in and he began to drive.

"Jeff, this really isn't a good idea. You are really drunk. Why don't you let me drive?" I asked nervous. How dumb could I have been to get into a car with a drunken football player.

"Shut up!" He said harshly.

Scared I shrank back into my seat. Jeff pulled up to a desserted area.

"Um what are we doing here?" I asked in a soft voice.

"This." He leaned over and began kissing me.

"Jeff stop it!" I said pushing him away.

"BITCH!" He yelled slapping me across the face.

I drew back scared of what was going to happen.