- Text Size +
Chapter 14

*Two Months later*

"How are you feeling?" Julio asked stroking my hair as he took a seat near me.

"I'm doing better. Thanks Juls." I said with a smile.

He slung his arm around he and I smiled. Julio and I had gotten a lot closer since he had been with me in the hospitle. I looked up at him, he bent his head and his lips grazed mine soflty.

It wasn't romantic but it let me know that I in a way belonged to him and that he would always be there for me.

It was time for another one of our pep assemblies and frankly, I was slightly nervous. This would be my first time performing with the squad since the rape.

Today we were showing off one of our new routines that we would be doing for competition during Christmas break.

Nick and Thomas joined Julio and I.

"So Anita, you ready to shake it for the football team once again?" Thomas teased his eyes glowing.

I rolled my eyes at him.

"Thomas, you couldn't get me to shake anything for you if you paid me."

Julio and Nick snickered.

I winked at Nick and soflty kissed Julio before running over to join my teammates.

"Are you and Julio dating?" Small Nicole asked me.

She and her friend Janae who was in 8th grade did not look happy. I shrugged and turned to Adrienne.

"So Drinna, are you ready to get out there and show this school that we rock?"

"Of course I am, especially Ben." She said licking her lips.

"Whos Ben?" I asked unaware of her latest crush.

Adrienne's eyes searched the gym then she pointed out a tall red head.

"Well if he is your type...."

"Whats wrong with him?" She demanded.

"I just don't really think he is cute." I wrinkled my nose.

"Just cuz he's not Julio...."

"Julio and I are just friends Adrienne."

"Right." She coughed.

I turned to glare at her and she pressed her tongue against the inside of her cheek.

"Drinna!" I smacked her arm.

She snickered and turned to get in place as we were about to be anounced.

"And here to do a routine that they are gonna use in competition next month, our cheerleaders!" Ms. Larson announced.

I put a big fake smile on and ran out and into place.

The music started with Guns and Roses Sweet Child O"Mine. Counting the beats in my head, I jumped into my groups hands and was raised into a liberty. Adrinne and I did scorpians as we were roated in a circle.

For those of you unsure, a scorpian is when we stand on one foot and hold our other foot on the back of our heads. It was awesome!

The crowd clapped loudly as we were thrown up into the air for a cradle, Adrienne and I twisted before we got caught. The rest of the routine fly by. All of our stunting was being hit perfectly.

When I moved into place for the sexy dance Drinna and I made up, I ended up in front of Julio and Nick.

I smiled at them as the music blared from the speakers. I noticed Nick was watching me with a funny look on his face.

He and I kinda talked here and there after the accident but he seemed to be keeping his distance.

I tried to push him out of my mind. I was Julios girl wansn's I? The routine ended with a pyramid, Drinna and I linked. Julio, Nick and Thomas were on their feet cheering.

I ran over to them Julio pulled me against him.

"That's my girl. I knew you could do it."

I hugged him tightly and caught Nicks eye. He held my gaze firmly and slightly licked his lips I wasn't sure what to think but Julio pulled back.

"School is over lets bounce!"

With my arm around his waist, we along with Drinna, Thomas, Nick and Val left to get a bite.