- Text Size +
Chapter 15

"So whats up?" Nick asked casually as Julio and Thomas deicded to try to win toys out of the machine Drinn and Val watching.

"Not much really." I answered sitting back in the booth.

"How have you been?"

I looked at him.

"Fine I guess."

Nick shifted in his seat. He seemed nervous. Suddenly I began to feel nervous myself. Was Nick up to something? Had he turned into Jeff?

"Listen, Anita, I still really like you. I know things haven't exactly worked out for us in the past but I was wondering if you would give me another chance."

I slowly let out a breath.

"Um." I glanced over at Julio who had just won a big teddy bear.

I felt confused. I still liked Nick but wasn't I Julio's girlfriend? I turned to look at Nick who was watching me closely. I wasn't owned by Julio.

"I would like that very much Nick." I said softly.

Nicks eyes widdened with surprise. Then a huge smile lit his face. I felt myself smiling back at him. He reached across the table and held my hand.

We began to talk soflty and plan our date. Julio, Thomas, Drinna and Val soon came over. Julio was holding the teddy bear.

"Hey guys." He greeted us.

I looked up at him feeling guilty.

"Hey Juls."

He looked down on the table and saw my hand laced with Nick's.

"Well, it's about time."

I was slightly shocked but tried to cover it up.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

This was complete irritating and insane. I thought to myself as I waited at my so called best friend Camille. It was another lunch at school and she was probably thinking of her boyfriend whom she had met online. They had gotten into a fight so she was depressed.

I tried being a good friend but it was hard since she was always so quiet and unwilling to talk. I was getting tired of waiting for her to show up.

"Hey Loretta, have you seen Camille?"

"Nope sorry."

I was really beginning to loose my cool. Camille knew that I had something important to talk with her about.

I looked around and saw Kyndra. I marched over to her.

"May I sit."

She looked at me surprised but seemed happy.

"Oh yes. Of course you can Anita."

I sank onto the bench glaring at anyone who dared glance at me.

"Are you ok?" Kyndra asked me slowly.

I sighed.

"No."

I then went on to tell her everything.

"And not just Camille but I am really getting sick of the other cheerleaders and our coahces. I mean come on!"

"I know what you mean." Kyndra said.

I saw Adrienne. She had also stood me up. She walked over.

"Anita it's not my fault...." She began.

"Listen Adrienne, I am so not in the mood to deal with this again today. YOU KNEW WHAT WAS GOING ON!"

Adrienne shifted. Usually she was the bully that everyone feared, but for some unknown reason, she got really nervous whenever I was mad at her.

"But Anita...."

"Oh fuck off!"

The bell rang and I stormed to my locker that I shared with her. I grabbed my books and headed off to class.

That day we had a pep assembly. I walked into the gym and sat with some friends. Camille soon joined us but I completely ignored her.

Can my day get any worse? I wondered watching the assembly begin.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

I sighed when I got home. I had to skip cheer practice since my grandma just had eye surgery. Dinner had just finished and I was helping my grandma to bed when the phone rang.

"Hello?"

"Hi Anita this is Lisa."

"Hi Lisa how are you?"

"Fine but I was wondering why you didn't show up to practice."

I heard some of the other girls laughing in the back ground. I felt my anger boil over.

"Sorry but something more important came up Lisa and frankly I choose family over cheering."

I hung up and sat down shaking with anger. This was going too far. I went to my parents and told them I was done. I wanted out of cheering.

I sat on my bed as my mom went to call the coaches back.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

They next day I stood at my locker when Adrienne came up to me.

"You can't quite the team Anita!"

"Whatever, I already did."

"Don't let the other girls get to you."

I glared hatefully at her.

"You can't still be mad at me!"

I slammed the locker shut.

"Goodbye Adrienne."

I walked into first period and sat between Nick and Julio. I guess they sensed my bad mood because the kept silent. I was slightly greatful for that.

Nikki was in my English and close. She tried to offer me a smile but I brushed her off. I could not stand that fake ho.

The day dragged by. Finally lunch was here. I went and sat again with Kyndra.

"I can't believe you quite. Now I'm all alone who will I talk to?"

"Hope." I said flatly.

"Ew no please no." I cracked a small smile.

Maybe Kyndra wasn't such a bad person after all.

HAPPY BIRTHDAY NICKY! wow i started this story exactly a year ago....i suck with nto finishing sorry lol. most of this chapter was true.