- Text Size +
Chapter 17

I walked silently into the gym, dressed for cheer practice. I kept my eyes blank and ahead not looking at a single person. I ignored the whispers that were all around me. Let them talk I thought I didn't care.

"Hey Anita!" A bright and chirpy voice greeted me.

I glanced towards the direction of the voice and saw Kyndra waving and walking quickly over to me.

"Hey." I answered adjusting my pony tail.

"It's really great to have you back." She said throwing her arms around me hugging tightly.

I smiled tightly at her.

"I really didn't have much of a choice." I said flatly.

"Eh, screw the others." She said standing back.

I slid into the splits to stretch when I felt my foot being kicked. I looked up and Adrienne stood there sheepishly.

"Glad you are back." She said quietly.

I shrugged not wanting to answer but I didn't want to be fighting with her either.

"Thanks." I finally sighed.

She took a seat near me.

"So, are you going to forgive me yet?" She asked looking at me.

I faced her and was silent for a moment then I sighed again.

"Oh alright, I guess we've been through worse right?" I asked with a tiny smile.

She smiled back relieved. We both hugged and practice began.

When it was over, a few of us headed to the local gymnastics club for our first tumbling lesson.

I sat stretching when the gymnastics head coach Jutta walked by.

"Have you done gymnastics before? You look so graceful and have the natural look of a gymnast." She said stopping by me.

I looked up at her excitedly in awe of her compliment.

"I took a couple of lessons as a child for a summer camp, but no other than that no training."

"Well, I think you are going to be able to do just fine." She said and began our work outs.

I fell in love all over again with gymanstics. A couple of the girls, Kyndra and Erin were just learning cartwheels. I already knew how to do cartwheels to both sides perfectly and I could also do a right handed roundoff too.

My handstands were strong and the hour flew by. I was slightly sweaty from working so hard but so excited also with the compliments that I had recieved.

When I got home my mom told me that my aunt Ruth had called for me. I went to call her back.

"Hi,  you called?" I asked when she answered.

"Yeah, I was thinking that it would be a great idea for you and Camie to do gymnastics together." She said.

I rolled my eyes, I wasn't very fond of my cousin.

"I don't know how that would work out Ruth, the tumbling classes I am in are for the cheer squad."

"Well you and Camie can do it at a different time like before or after. It would be good for both of you."

I bit my lip thinking. Extra gymnastics lessons? That really would be worth it. I mean what was one hour with her anyway?

"Ok, I'll talk to my gymnastics coach about it and set something up." I finally said.

"Great, talk to you later then." She said hanging up.

I went to the bathroom to take a shower. Was my life finally turing around to a positive light? I sure hoped so.

Stepping out of the shower, wrapping myself into a large warm towel. I called Nick inviting him over for dinner.

As I sat waiting for him, I shut my eyes focusing on the positive for once. I needed to live life again. And gosh darn it, I was going to!