- Text Size +
“One Last Dance”

**~Dancing Around the Topic~**

He sits slump back in the sofa, feeling the boring of four pairs of eyes on him. Sighing, he looks up to see Brian and A.J. each holding a goofy grin. “Look, if you guys are gonna pester me about what happened, go ahead. I don’t see what the big deal is.”

Brian burst out in laughter as A.J. smirks, folding his hands on his knees, sitting across from Nick.

“Of course not Nicky. I tongue down all my co-workers like that. I mean you even said it was just a simple business task to help out the young lady right? So why should we assume that you’re hitting on her especially when we walked in on you two making out. It means nothing…” A.J. stops as he was greeted with laughter from the others all except Nick who sat across glaring at him.

“I don’t get what you find so funny about all this. I’ve walked in on you doing more than a kiss and you don’t hear me blowing it up.” Nick smirks, crossing his arms before him on his chest.

Brian chokes back a laugh as he calms down to concentrate on Nick, “You know Alex is just teasing ya. He’s all jealous of you that’s all.”

“Ha, me jealous, not thanks buddy. I just find it interesting that Nicky boy here is denying to us and that Leviticus or whatever her name is lady, that he’s digging her.”

Kevin smiles: sitting on the arm of one of the sofas where A.J. is sitting at. “I think what Alex meant is that if you’re interested in her that it’s ok. Or in A.J.’s terminology ‘It’s about time.’ And you’re right, you don’t have to explain anything to any of us. We’re not your parents plus you’re of age.”

“Thank you. At least someone here understands that.” Nick states confidently, strolling to his shared bedroom to rest.

Once the bedroom closes, all eyes land on Kevin who beheld a huge smirk.

“Dude, please, all that talk and you yourself don’t believe a word of it.” A.J. chuckles, sliding over on the sofa for Howie to sit down.

“So they’re dating then right?” Howie asks curiously.

“Shhh…dude no. That’s not how Nick plays his game. He’s leading her on. He wants to see how far he can go with her before making it official.” A.J. teases, running a hand through his growing black and red tinted locks.

“And you know this because?” Howie asks curiously, pulling a couch pillow from behind onto his lap.

“Cause dammit D, I’m training the boy myself.” He grins, leaping onto his feet as he eases his way to the back porch. “Well, I’ll be in the pool if you need me.” And he shuffles down the wooden steps, ripping off his t-shirt, running in his black swim trucks.

Howie snorts, shaking his head, “Kev’s right B. We’re acting like little girls over this whole kissing and dating issue with Nick. Why can’t we find something better to do with our time?”

“Cause this is the only thing that is happening and we have nothing else to do.” Brian chuckles, heading to the back porch to watch A.J. jump into the in ground pool that Kevin had in since the past month.

Howie glances at Kevin who seemed deep in thought about something. “Hey Kev. What’s on your mind?”

Kevin nibbles on his lower lip, standing up from the arm of the sofa. “Nothing.” He whispers, walking away to the back porch to join Brian. Howie narrows his eyes at his friend and shakes his head.

“I hate when he gets all quiet on me.” Howie grumbles to himself, making his way to his shared bedroom next to Nick’s.
~*~

She stretches out slowly, spreading her legs out on the floor before her. Her hands extend to touch the tip of her feet as she takes a deep breath. She can hear a soft giggle from her room mate as she raises her head to see Nadia sprawled out on her own bed.

“What’s so funny?” Genesis sits up, spreading her butter pecan arms over her head.

Nadia turns slowly to her friend and smirks, “You.”

“Me?”

“Yup.” Nadia giggles, twirling a strand of her black tendrils.

“And I know I’m gonna regret asking this but why?” Genesis closes her legs in front of her, stretching it out as she flexes her ankles as a warm up.

Nadia sits up from the bed, her dark eyes held an amusing glitter in it. “Dear, I know we already discussed this, but when you go to rehearse today, can I go with?”

“No.” Genesis promptly answers, standing up and leaning down on her left side to stretch out her abdomen.

“Well that was a fast respond. I’m going now!” She giggles out, jumping off her bed and stands before her friend.

“No. Dee no. Why?” Genesis mumbles out annoyed.

“Look if a kiss happened that time: imagine the possibilities this time around.” Nadia clasps her hands excitingly.

Genesis breaks into a laugh. “When will you drop that already? We already talked about it.” She tugs on her green halter top and adjusting her jean skirt.

“So hello! We’re done this job of training and showing people to dance but never did we at all ever kiss our clients.” Nadia grins, tapping her foot on the floor.

Genesis rolls her eyes, placing her hands on her hips. “It was out of curiosity. It was wrong of me to do that. I didn’t want Nick to think something more would happen.”

“Well it’s too late for that!” Nadia teases, pulling on her friend’s arm. “You already gave him a piece of you. I wouldn’t be surprised to see if you just take the boy down and tell him, ‘Give it to me baby!’ Then you’ll really now what you’re dealing with.”

Genesis shakes her head as she laughs, “Must you always change this into sex?”

“Duh!? That’s what this whole thing is about girl! You’re gonna laid and I’m gonna be eating your food for the next month. It’s just that simple.”

“There isn’t any sexual tension between the two of us. So don’t even go there.”

“Oooh but I just did and trust me the look on your face when you kissed him was like ecstasy.” Nadia bubbles out, seeing the glare on her friend’s face.

“Ok, see now we’re just gonna end this conversation. This is silly.”

“Silly ha! Girl, I haven’t had this much excitement since I got mine’s from Joey the other day.”

“Egh: info that don’t need to be shared girl.” Genesis smirks, covering her ears with her palms.

Nadia grins, fixing her own bed, throwing on a bed cover. “So you’re heading now?”

“Just about, why?”

“Ohhh ‘cause I was gonna use the car. But that’s aight. I’ll have Joey come pick me up.” Nadia states, taking out the creases on the bed cover.

“Oh aight.”

“Ohhhhhhh, girl. You know what I just heard!” Nadia states: suddenly remembering why she got up early this morning.

“What?” Genesis asks, packing up an iced bottle of water into her gym bag.

“Egh, you remember that wench Desiree?”

Genesis frowns, recalling the woman that had stood in the way of her reaching her goals before hand. “Oh God, how can I forget.”

“I heard…” Nadia pauses, licking her upper lip slowly before continuing to finish. “She signed up for the same performance you’ll be doing. Seems like you’ll have her as one of the competitors.”

“WHAT! NOO!!! Damn! Please tell me this isn’t real?” Genesis growls out, flinging a clean rag onto the top of her gym bag.

“Sorry, I just figured you needed a heads up on that. I know we both can’t stand her but you’ll be seeing her with one of the top male dancers that she could muster up to afford from New York’s dancing academy.” Nadia sighs, seeing her friend becoming tense.

Genesis exhales deeply, blowing out some air before she straps on her gym bag. “That’s unfair. I’m working with a guy whose heart is in the right place but for him to master the more complicated steps in only a matter of days is too much pressure.”

“Look Gen, you even said so yourself that Nick could do it, don’t worry. I bet the judges can sniff out all that fake stuff she’s gonna bring in. They won’t judge on the complicated steps more but rather how well you guys click and trust me, the judges will see you guys are at ease with one another.”

“That’s not the problem Dee. He has never performed before in front of an audience.”

“Well then, that’s about to change. You go and get everything ready. I’ll make sure to stop by there with company. If Nick can perform confidently in front of a crowd then we should have nothing to worry about.” Nadia smiles, lifting her mobile phone up to her ear.

Genesis smiles, “I’m not sure what you’re doing, but I’ll trust you.” She glances at her watch and takes a deep breath. “I gotta get going now! I’m gonna be late at the dance studio. I’ll see ya there then.” And Genesis bolts out of the house, racing down the front steps, boarding their black Camry.
~*~

Nick paces nervously in front of the dance studio, every once in a while glancing down at his watch. Sighing, he leans on the closed door, waiting for Genesis to arrive. He taps his foot on the tiles, gazing around impatiently when he hears Genesis racing down the hallway, her sandals clomping along creating an echo.

“Oh God Nick! I’m so sorry! I hope you weren’t here long waiting for me. I was caught up in something.”

Nick shakes his head, “Na, its alright. I was just here for like ten minutes, it just seemed like forever for me that’s all.”

“I’m just so glad you’re here. I’m in a little dilemma that’s all.” Genesis rapidly whispers, unlocking the dance studio room, entering it as Nick follows behind.

“What kind of problem?” Nick asks, placing his black gym bag on a stool.

Genesis walks over to one of the ballet dark mahogany bars and leans her back on it, facing him. “It seems that our little competition has gotten real heavy. I heard from Nadia that this girl got a professional dancer as her partner.”

“And you don’t think I can cut it against him right?” Nick asks, easing his way to the stereo.

“No! No, it’s not that. Its just I don’t know what to do. I mean, I just know the girl is gonna do something so wonderful and blow the judges away…”

“And me being your partner with no dancing background or experience is making you wonder correct?” Nick raises his eyebrows, running his hands through his raven hair.

Genesis sighs, “I, I don’t know. Nick I have no idea. It’s just now it’s gonna get crazy and we have to work extra hard to do better than her.” She stares at him strangely, inching closer to him.

Nick eyes her and smirks, backing against a wall, his back hitting one of the wooden poles. “Uhhh ummm.. is there something wrong?

Genesis crinkles her nose as she lifts her hand to his hair, holding onto a strand. “Blonde hair?”

Nick’s eyes shot open, “Huh?!” He turns to gaze into the full length mirrors all aligning the room, staring at his hair. He can see the black dye slowly fading as his blonde roots were beginning to show. If A.J. saw this, he would have to start saving up to pay A.J. for losing the bet and he can’t let that happen. “Crap!”

“What?” Genesis eyes his confused.

“Uh, nothing. Nothing at all. Nothing serious. But yeah.” He turns to her and smiles, “You said we have some strong competition, so let’s try to catch up and not waste the little time we have left.”

Genesis smiles, nodding her head, “Alright.” She races to turn on the stereo as the music blasts out:

“Last dance
Last dance for love
Yes, it's my last chance
For romance tonight
I need you by me
Beside me, to guide me
To hold me, to scold me
'Cause when I'm bad
I'm so, so bad.”

Genesis calls Nick over to the center of the floor with her finger as he takes his position before her. “Alright. I decided if we’re to stand out from the rest of the other competition. We gotta add and mix different types of dancing styles.”

“Aight cool. Like what?”

“Well have you ever danced tropical music? And by that I don’t mean Latin.” Genesis speaks loudly over Donna Summer’s song.

Nick laughs, “What exactly do you mean?”

“Reggae. Nick you have heard of reggae right?”

Nick nibbles on his lips, nodding his head.

“Great, so you know how it is right?”

Nick shakes his head as a look of frustration grows on Genesis.

“Ok, wait you have a group of friends, haven’t you seen any of them dancing to it?”

“Nope. They’re too shy to do that.”

Genesis runs a hand down her face as she takes a deep breath. “It’s ok. I’ll show you some moves. It’s not hard. It’s all about moving your hips and I know you know how to do that well right?” She raises her dark eyebrows at him as he smirks.

“Depends on the occasion.” Nick whispers seductively, taking hold of Genesis’s awaiting hands.

She giggles and tells him to place his hands on her waist. And he does so quickly. “Now Nick you have to be serious about this whole thing. I can’t have you getting turned on by the moves I’m doing. It’s a serious competition.”

“Well I can’t control that, my body thinks on its own.” Nick smirks, pulling her close to him.

Genesis blows out a whiff of her strand out of her cheeks as she grabs his waist and tells him to move his hips side to side to the beat. Nick does as told, smirking at the cross look on Genesis’s face.

“You’re not putting any passion into learning this move. Please Nick, help me out here.”

Nick laughs and surprises Genesis, practically grinding on her as he does the move with ease, lifting one of her legs up to his waist in the process.

Genesis laughs, holding onto his shoulders as they perform some reggae step with ease, both falling into steps to the music.

Once the song was over, Genesis gazes at him in wonder. “I thought you said you didn’t know how to dance to that type of music.”

Nick flashes her a confident smile, “I lied. And I like to think I did a good job cause the look on your face was priceless.”

“Oh yeah. Yeah, you surprised me alright.” Genesis whispers faintly, her cheeks burning a bright solid red. She didn’t know what came over her at that moment. The fact that he had total control over the steps and held her so close to him threw her off for it was usually the other way around. But for today, today it was the opposite and she felt at a lost.

“Well good. That was my intention. And reggae has been a thing I grew up hearing around my neighborhood. Plus I have friends that dance like that at some parties we used to have back in the days.” Nick settles on the floor, sitting cross-legged, tugging on his black jean shorts and navy blue tank top. He takes a sip of his bottled water and gazes at Genesis who was looking through her gym bag for something. “So you have your doubts with me huh?”

Genesis looks over at him as she pulls out a bottle of water and a rag to clean off the faint sweat that rose while dancing. “It’s not that Nick. Its just I’m cautious about the whole dancing thing and…”

Nick cuts her off, raising his eyebrows at her, “I wasn’t talking about the dancing.”

Genesis looked confused and takes a seat besides Nick, sipping on her bottle, allowing the cold liquid to refresh her. “Then what are you talking about?”

Nick shrugs his shoulders and gets up from the floor, making his way out of the dance studio.

“Hey whoa, you’re not leaving already are you?” She calls out, seeing him stop at the threshold.

Nick shakes his head, “Nope, just going to the bathroom unless I need help in that too?” He smirks, exiting the room.

Genesis smirks, her eyes at the threshold as she drinks the cold water. “He’s a cocky son of a…”

She stops suddenly to see Nadia enter the dance studio with a grin on her face. “Hey girl.”

“Hey missy. He’s cocky now huh? How’s the dancing going?” Nadia strolls into the air conditioned dance studio. Gazing at her friend oddly, she flops on the floor besides her.

“Good. And yeah he is. Just curious, what does a guy mean when he’s saying if I’m having doubts about him.”

“What, did mister Nick told ya that?”

“Maybe.”

“Doubts on his dancing?” Nadia lied on her back, her long tan legs stretched out before her.

“That’s what I thought. But it was something else.”

Nadia sits up and grins widely, “Ohhhhhh, hehe. I think he was talking about something else indeed!”

“What? What could he mean by that?”

Nadia sucks her teeth, “You can not be this dense girl!” She waves an open hand before Genesis’s face.

“Am not. I’m just curious about what he could have meant.”

“Please like you can’t tell what he meant.”

“I’m thinking he could mean if there is something going on between me and him. But I don’t know.”

“Ting, ting, ting! You just answered your own question.” Nadia giggles, standing up as she exits the room. “Listen, I got us into a dance club for tonight. Bring Nick, that way you can get him use to having some audience. I’ll invite his friends he’s staying with.”

“Aight. Where’s the club at?”

“The ‘Hot & Heavy’ club about a few twenty miles down. They’re having a dance off and I thought why not you and Nick show off your stuff there.”

“Nice. I just hope he’s up to it.” Genesis states, pulling on a few loose strands of her hair back into a ponytail.

“Up to what?” Nick appears, entering the studio, greeting Nadia.

Nadia grins, “Hey you. I’ll let Gen tell ya. I’ll see ya later. I have things to do.”

“Ok, bye.” Nick waves at Nadia as she exits the studio. “So you’re gonna tell me what?”

“Oh that Nadia found this dance club a few miles from here called the ‘Hot and Heavy’ club. There’s gonna be a dance off just for fun and I think we should both go there tonight.”

“Why?”

“Cause I want you to dance in front of people. Do you know how many people will be at the competition next week? It’ll be tons and I need you to get used to the people and not go all stage fright on me.”

Nick nods, “Seems reasonable I guess.” He stretches, throwing his arms overhead.

“Well it is. And what exactly did you mean by that statement before you left to the bathroom about my having doubts of you.”

Nick smirks, “Exactly what I meant.” He says smoothly, distracting himself by looking for a rag in his gym bag.

“Be clear. What do you wanna say?” Genesis grunted, her hands ball into small fists on her side.

Nick raises his eyes to her and chuckles, whispering to himself, “And here I thought I was the blonde one.”

“Huh? What did you just say?” Genesis mumbles.

“Nothin’ So we gotta to practice and we just got started. So let’s dance.” Nick smiles.

Genesis stares at him, clearing her throat, “Right, well fine.” And she flips through the track numbers finding a song to rehearse to.

Nick watches her from a distance and smirks, curious to see her reaction on his past comment. Obviously what he had said was leaving her confused and bewildered and he loved it.

Genesis sighs and stands before him as they begin their dance moves from the beginning. They shuffle side to side and he twirls her, dipping her seductively as they had rehearsed before, her body slides down his leg as he pulls her on her feet steady and she wraps her leg around his waist as he pulls her down both going down to their knees. Again they were facing each other as Nick traces his fingers down her cheeks. Genesis quivers at his touch as he smiles and brushes back a strand of hair.

“What, what are we doing?” She stutters out nervously as Nick traces her full red lips with his finger.

“Whatever you wanna do.” He whispers over the music as he feels her breathing increase. Smiling, he gazes down at her and gathers her in his arms, his eyes tracing the anxiety on her face and feeling it in her body, her small body sending shivers down her spine every few seconds at his touch.

Genesis gulps and pulls away from him his grip, gasping for air as she stumbles over to the threshold to exit the studio. Nick smiles and sits back on the floor, watching her take a breather. Obviously he knew she was falling for him and that didn’t seem to bother him at all. In fact he was willing to wait until he can have her completely. Until then he can play her little game for a little while longer.

Genesis steps out of the studio, gasping for air, fanning herself. She couldn’t believe this was happening to her. Why was her own body embarrassing her? He was just a guy, nothing more and nothing less. Sure he was appealing to the eye, but she couldn’t fall for a stranger. She hated being so superficial, drawn to him cause of his looks. She wanted to know the man behind those blue eyes, not just his physical aspects. And as she stands there fanning and trying to cool herself off, she can feel Nick coming up from behind her, his hands touching her back gently.

“Hey you alright?”

She jumps at his touch which created an almost electrical pulse to vibrate down her spine. She gulps, pushing back some of the stray brown locks that escaped her ponytail. “Ye, yeah. Sure, I’m ok.” She whispers out breathlessly, facing him with a gentle grin.

“Oh ok. I was just curious. You looked freaked out. I guess I shouldn’t have done that.” Nick states innocently, watching her move into the doorway.

“Done what? You did nothing wrong. You practiced the moves like I showed you. There isn’t anything wrong with that.”

“No, I mean about holding you too long and stuff, I think that made you uncomfortable.” Nick whispers, passing a hand down her arm which caused another small shiver to erupt from Genesis’s body.

Genesis forces out a laugh, “Me uncomfortable? Please.” She rolls her eyes, her mind swirling with dirty thoughts that could consume the man if she allowed it. ‘You didn’t make me uncomfortable. You could hold me as long as you want.’ She thinks to herself smirking as she enters the studio with Nick right behind her.

“Ok, since we got that small part down, shall we continue?” Genesis whispers out, eyeing Nick through the corner of her eyes.

He nods and she pushes play on the stereo, taking her place on the floor as Nick quickly does the same, standing before her. They begin instantly once the music starts, with Nick carefully letting Genesis slide down his leg as they shuffle side to side and break into a reggae style beat. He grabs her leg and wraps it around his waist as she leaps up and slides down on him as he tries his best to control his body from not responding to the sensual touches. He feels her hands smoothly grab his back as he arches and sighs suddenly in pleasure.

Genesis pulls away and smirks, “Please tell me you didn’t enjoy that?”

“Me? Na.” Nick chuckles, continuing to do their dance moves as he gets down on his knees: slides across smoothly on the floor and stands up twirling, taking a few steps back, shuffling his legs behind him as when he first began. Smiling, he twirls around and stops, waiting for Genesis to run and jump for the final lift. She runs to him as he catches her and lifts her up, her arms held straight up in the air as she slides back down on him, her arms trailing down his shoulders. The music ends once again and Nick breaths heavily as Genesis stares back at him curiously. Suddenly he was pushed back to the mahogany wall as she begins to pelt him with soft kissed on his cheeks and around his lips. Nick moans out and pulls her to him as he hungrily kisses her, lavishing her lips to its fullest. He can hear her moan out in soft pleasure from his kisses as his hands trail down her back, causing her to arch in anticipation. Nick no longer waiting for any excuse: pulls her to him as he devours her with kisses as she cries out in joy and laughs. She steps back as he holds onto her, following as she melts into his arms, falling on her knees and then lying on her back on the floor with Nick doing the same. Nick stares at her and pulls away from her lips, taking a breath as he smiles. “I’m not sure if this is one of the new moves we’ll be doing.”

Genesis laughs and pulls him to her so he was on top of her as she strokes his raven locks in her fingers. “I don’t think so. Maybe we’re rehearsing for something else.”

“Maybe.” Nick whispers into her ear, feeling her shiver beneath him. And he trails his hands down her jean skirt, his fingers brushing her bare legs beneath the edges of the skirt. His hands begins to rise, lifting the skirt along with it. She shivers from the anticipation and moans out.

“Wait! Wait!” She moans out, her heart slamming across her chest as her body craved his touches more.

“What?” Nick whispers, looking back at her, slowly kissing her neck as she clasps her arms around his neck blowing into his ear. Nick moans out as he kisses her down her neck line.

“We should stop this right now, before we get caught.” She whispers out, breathing heavily.

Nick smiles, “That’s the fun part.”

“No…” She breathes out, loving the feeling of this man. She knew she had crossed boundaries the moment he touched her. He had some form of connection that her body only wanted more of.

“Just this time Gen.”

“No…it’s too fast, too soon.” She whispers out, hating herself at the moment for the comment. She lied, she wanted to continue, to have him become one with her but her guilt caught up to her and she couldn’t allow it. And she was right, as unreasonable as it sounded to her body, she was right. It was too soon, too fast for the both of them. And she wanted to cherish their moments together. Sighing, she watches Nick nod his head as he pulls away from her flustered body as he exhales heavily. Helping her back on her feet, he smiles and tugs on her green halter top. Whispering in her ear as he gathers his belongings, “I always loved the color green. Now I have more of a reason to love it.”

Genesis laughs, blushing. She was surprised at herself. What came over her? What was she trying to do? Everything she had told Nadia before then had been a lie: that simple kiss meant more to the both of them then they could ever imagine. She smiles and flustered, she gathers her belongings and gazes at him as he brushes past her, his hand trailing down her neckline as he picks her up from her backside to lie a kiss on her sweetly parted lips. She sits awkwardly, her legs touching his lower chest as he kisses her slowly, tasting every part of her through that one kiss. She sighs in pleasure and he puts her down so she can get her gym bag.

“Maybe we shouldn’t tell the others about this.” Genesis whispers, glitter in her eyes show joy.

Nick nods, “Ok, I already had a lot of explaining to do when my friends first caught us.”

Laughing, Genesis giggles, “Imagine what would happen if they got this news.”

“Then we’ll never sleep through it.” Nick smirks, leading her out of the studio.
~**~

**~To Be Continued…~**