- Text Size +
Her long chestnut hair blew in the breeze, she could feel the gentle sweep of the ocean water against her tanned skin, and her deep blue eyes sparkled in the moonlight. She sighed as she looked out at the ocean before her.
“ What are you thinking?” A male voice asked.
“ How much different it is here.”
“ How much?”
“ A lot more, before I couldn’t stand outside without a dozen guards surrounding me and following my every move.”
“ But now you’re free to do as you please. Everything your little heart desires.”
“ But at what cost?” She asked turning and facing him. His deep green eyes seemed to see into her soul and into her very being.
“ There was no cost.” He said running his hand down her face.
“ There was a large cost, many people died for me to be free. And all because I tired of who I was.” She snapped.
“ Those people died willingly, they died because they loved you.” He said to her.
“ Samuel you say this as if it would explain everything, as if it was the answer to the questions that now flood my mind and heart.”
“ I know my love. Isabella my love I would never do anything that would ever endanger your life.”
“ But we have. There are now people searching for me. But it is you they want. They think you kidnapped me. I can not come forward and tell them that I am safe unharmed and that I left willingly they will suspect that it was a lie.”
“But we know in our hearts that it was no lie.” He said pulling her close to him.
“ But it was my heart that betrayed my mind. I am going to go lay down.” She said heading back into the house. He stood there watching her leave and then sighed as he entered the house and sat down behind the large mahogany desk.
“ Sir, if I could interrupt.”
“ What is it Matthew?”
“ Sir there are some people here to see you. Where is Isabella?”
“ Isabella is resting, show them in.” He said looking up. The boy nodded and headed from the room, returning a short moment later with two large men.
“ Mr. Talliano we wish to speak to you about a private matter.”
“ Matthew make sure I am not disturbed.”
“ Yes sir.” Matthew said closing the large doors.
“ What is it you need gentlemen?”
“ We have been informed that Isabella Sanchez was here.”
“ Miss Sanchez is in my care.”
“ We would like to speak to her.”
“ She is currently resting right now. What is it you need?”
“ She is from a rather predominate family and they have become worried about her safety.”
“ She is safe and unharmed. She came with me on her own. I know of her family and how much they hate my family.”
“ There has been a war between your families for centuries why suddenly now do you take an interest in her?”
“ Isabella is my dearest love. We are meant to be together. Some day we would like to be married.”
“ Her family will never allow that union to come about.”
“ Yes I know of this. That is the reason she came here. She wanted to be away from family that was unwilling to see past a achient feud.”
“ Sir, I’d be mindful of what is said.”
“ I am saying what is in her heart. Now gentlemen if you would excuse me I would like to check on her and then retire for the evening.”
“ We will return.” They said standing and leaving the room. Samuel stood there for a moment wondering what had brought them to his home. Isabella had only been gone three days, something that was known for her to do regularly and she had not told them of her destination or had she. He would question her about it when they had breakfast in the morning.
“ What are you going to do about them Samuel?”
“ Momma I did not hear you come in.”
“ Answer me Samuel. What are you going to do about those men? We can not have them wondering the grounds looking for Isabella.”
“ They will not return momma.” Samuel said looking at his mother.
“ They better not. Your father is to return tomorrow and I will not have some Sanchez hired guns running around this house.”
“ I know momma. I will take care of it. Have you checked on Isabella?”
“ She is resting, Mario gave her some special tea.”
“ He has to stop that, she will never be able to sleep on her own if he doesn’t.”
“ She doesn’t realize that you brought her here not that she came on her own.” She said looking at her son.
“ I know this but she will never know, I will not have her distrusting me.”
“ Does she love you my son?”
“ She truly believes that she does. And I care for her. We will seal the end of the feud.”
“ For your generation my son. But for your father this feud will never end. Dominic wants to see Isabella tomorrow.”
“ Why does father need to see her?”
“ Don’t worry my son it will not be bad.” She said touching his face and then leaving the room. Samuel shook his head and then walked down the hall and up the marble steps to the second floor of the house. He entered Isabella’s room and found her sleeping peacefully in her large canopy bed. He walked over and ran his hand over her cheek and smiled.
“ We will be together forever, and no one will change that.” He said as he kissed her forehead. He stood and left the room, entering his own room just down the hall. Samuel smiled and knew that his union with Isabella would change both their families forever. He would rule them both, an evil smile play on his gentle features as he closed his bedroom door. He turned and walked towards his bed and smiled as he found a small woman sitting in the center of it.
“ What kept you?” She asked him.
“ Business.” He answered as he captured her lips in a kiss. She moaned loudly as he pulled her body closer to his.
“ When is the deal to be done?” She asked as she pulled away from him.
“ Three days.” He answered as she unbuttoned his shirt. Her lips slowly leaving a firery trail down his body. She unclasps the buckle of his pants and slowly slid them down his body.
“ When does she leave?”
“ As of now, never. But soon my dearest soon that will change.”
“ You care for her.” She said looking into his green eyes. He grabbed her harshly and slapped her hard.
“ I care for no one.” He said, she smiled as she pulled him closer, a low growl escaping her lips as she shoved him onto the bed.
“ You care for me.”
“ You’re a common whore that comes to my bed for a high price.”
“ I stopped taking money from you years ago Samuel and you know it.” She said raking her nails across his bare chest.
“ This is very true Madeline. What fun we have.” He said flipping her over and straddling her. She moved her hands over his sculpted chest as he kissed his way down her body, his tongue flicking out to tease one nipple and then moving to give the other the same treatment. He loved how her moans excited him, how her cries of pleasure drove him wild. He kissed down her body, looking up at her only for a moment to see the passion that lay in her dark eyes. His tongue flicked out and licked her moist folds, her hips thrust upward towards him.
“ Now be patient my dear.” He said holding her hips down. He slid a finger in and watched her squirm, sliding in a second he slowly worked them in and out at a snails pace.
“ Don’t tease lover.” She whispered.
“ But that’s half the fun.” He answered as he slid a third finger in, his fingers working in and out of her body; he could feel her contract over his fingers. He slid them out before she was to far, he heard her groan in frustration but gasp in shock as she felt him slam into her. She arched her back and moved her hips with his rhythm as they moved together in perfect harmony. Samuel watched as her eyes slowly closed and her head was thrown back against the pillow deep in passion. He could hear her moaning loudly as he moved in and out of her harder and faster, his hand slowly moved up the bed, he knew she was to distracted to feel what he was doing as he pulled the gun from the night stand. He slid the gun up her body watching her tremble but he knew she had know reason to fear him as he lifted the gun and pulled the trigger. Her now lifeless body lay against the bed as he slid from her. A bullet wound in her forehead, her eyes open full of surprise.
“ I am sorry. But you knew to much.” Samuel said pulling on his robe. He turned and opened the door.
“ Get her out of here. Make sure that she’s not found near the house. Camilla come change the sheets, when you are done I will be in the study.” He said walking down the hall away from the bedroom. Two men filed into the room and scooped up the slender woman and carried her body from the house. Camilla hurried to perform the task she had been assigned.
“ He will never learn.”
“ No ma’am he wont.” Camilla said as she pulled the sheets from the bed.
“ Where is my son?”
“ In his study, he told me to fetch him when I was finished.”
“ Draw him a bath, he will need one.”
“ Yes Ma’am.” Camilla said. She quickly changed the sheets and made sure that any remains of blood and other matter was cleaned from the wall and headboard. When she was finished she hurried into the adjacent bathroom and drew a hot bath. She stepped from the bathroom in time to see Samuel speaking to a man she had never seen. She could see he was angry as he moved his arms pointing at something. Shaking her head she went about her work as she finished in the bathroom. She jumped as she heard a gun shot, coming back from the bathroom she screamed as she saw Samuel’s dead body laying in the hallway, the man she had seen him speaking with gone.
“ What has happened?”
“ Sir, your son was shot.” Camilla said pointing down the hall. Dominic hurried down the hall and dropped down next to his now dead son.
“ You find the ones that did this, I want their heads.”
“ Sir, Isabella isn’t in her room.”
“ She caused this.” Dominic shouted.
“ She could not have left on her own.” Mario said looking at his boss.
“ How so?”
“ I gave her a sedative in her tea this evening. She would not wake until morning.” Mario said looking at him.
“ Then find the ones that did this and took her. Make sure she is brought here safely.”
“ Do you think it was her family?”
“ I do not know Victoria but I will find out and avenge our son’s death.”
“ Be careful Dominic, we have many enemies the would see our entire family dead.”
“ Find my son.”
“ Sir?”
“ Samuel wasn’t the only child Mario, find Daniel.”
“ Yes sir.” Mario said as he hurried from the scene.
“ Sir what do you want done?”
“ Find the preacher he will ready my son for his funeral. Then find the doctor to give my wife something to help her rest.”
“ Yes sir.” Camilla said. She watched the older man as she hurried down the hall; she could see vengeance deep in his brown eyes. His son’s killer wouldn’t go unpunished. She returned a short time later to find the hall completely cleaned and the son gone.
“ Sir, the doctor is on the way, your wife would like to speak to you.”
“ Thank you Camille.”
“ No problem sir.”

Victoria walked in her room, she hated the feeling she was having and it bothered her more that her youngest son was now dead. Samuel was just a boy and hadn’t done anything wrong to warrant someone killing him in his own home. Isabella was gone and not of her own free will, someone had come to her home and this angered her very much.
“ My darling.” Dominic said as he entered the room.
“ He is gone Dominic, there was no reason for someone to come into our home and kill our son. I want who ever did this dead.”
“ And you shall have vengeance my dear.”
“ I want the man responsible for my son’s death brought back. I want to kill him myself.”
“ Then it shall be done.” Dominic said. He looked towards the door to see Mario standing there.
“ We have someone that has come to see you sir, he says he knows where Isabella Sanchez is.”
“ I will be there shortly. Victoria my love, get some sleep. I shall return with good news.”