- Text Size +
Chapter Ten:


"I'm bored," Ashley pouted, as she swims up behind Kyle and wraps her arms around him from behind, as he stands there talking to Greg. Kyle smiled a bit and took her hands wrapping them more around his waist, and she rested her head against his back.

"Why is miss Ashee bored?" he asked.

"Because theres nothing to do." She answered simply. Greg chuckled a bit.

"Good reason to be bored." Suddenly Nikki went up behind Greg and wrapped her arms around his neck resting her chin on his shoulder, as she stands behind him too. Shes liking how he is right now. The sweet and gentle Greg that she once knew. The way he was when she used to love him--before he became controlling and jealous. Greg turned his head a bit and looked at her with a raised eyebrow.

"You're in the deep part that even I can't stand in--I need you to keep me up." She lied. Greg believed her, but Stephanie and I immediatly saw right through that lie. She wants to be near Greg. I looked at her all confused and she gave me a 'dont ask' look. I did as she said and left her alone about it planning to ask her later when Greg isn't around. I wrapped my arms more around Kyle and kissed his shoulder before resting my chin on it. He turned his head a bit and smiled.

"Comfortable?"

"Yes very."

"Dude, lets do a chicken fight!" Nikki suddenly said, after thinking for a bit, and she crawled up onto Greg's shoulders.

"Yeah!" Ashley replied in excitement, as she was glad to have finally found entertainment. She tried climbing up onto Kyle's shoulders but couldn't because she was so much shorter than him. Kyle chuckled a bit.

"Hold on shortee let me help you."

"Hey, don't make me dunk you again!" Ashley threatend. He laughed once more.

"I won't baby, I'm just playing. I'm gonna go under water and you can get on my shoulders all right?"

"Kay." He went under water, and as planned Ashley sat on his shoulders and he came back up.

"Yay!" Ashley said happily, and Nikki laughed.

"Wow, this should be entertaining. Best Friends going against each other." John laughed.

"Yup-don't worry you and Stephee will be next." Nikki replied.

"Yeah, and if its against you, you're going on Matt's shoulders. I'm afraid i'm gonna need a rest after this." Greg replied.

"Steph, tell us when to go." Kyle said, as he moved us closer to Greg and Nikki.

"Okay... Go." She replied, and Ashley immediatly grabbed Nikki's hands and tried her very hardest to knock her off of Greg's shoulders, but Nikki being the strong athlete put a lot of strength on Ashley. She almost knocked her over, but Ashley caught herself, and kyle also caught her fall.

"No! No! You AREN'T gonna win this!" Ashley demanded and put all of her strength into pushing Nikki. After a few struggling and almost falling off, Nikki suddenly fell backwards screaming on her way into the water.

"Awww man!" Greg whined.

"YEAH! Go me!" Ashley cheered in so much excitement, and Kyle laughed.

"Damn Ash--you beat Nikki--Miss strong and agressive basketball player." Ashley smiled proudly, and Nikki just laughed and shook her head.

"Steph, John, and Matt's turn." She said, as she swam over to Matt and climbed up onto his shoulders. Stephanie got up onto John's shoulders, and they played their game. After a lot of struggling, Stephanie finally ended up in the water, and Nikki won.

"YEAH! I'm the best!" Nikki cheered. Stephanie stuck her tongue out at Nikki, and Nikki did the same in return. Nikki crawled down from Matt's shoulders. Ashley who was now wrapped in Kyle's arms as hes still standing where she can't feel the ground, turned around to face him and she wrapped her legs around his waist and rested her head against his shoulder.

"Tired?" Kyle asked curiously, as he noticed her yawn.

"No, its still early." Ashley insisted. Kyle looked into her light brown eyes and found sleepyness in them. He chuckled a bit.

"Okay miss anti-sleep." Ashley stuck her tongue out at him. Kyle smirked and leaned down capturing her lips with his in a deep kiss, as she had her tongue sticking out. Ashley giggled between kisses, and wrapped her arms around his neck. Once he pulled away he smiled down at her.

"Don't stick your tongue out unless you intend to use it." Not replying to what he said, Ashely placed her hand to his cheek and again brought his lips down on hers for an intense kiss. Kyle moaned softly against her lips and pulled her closer, as he returned her kiss.

"Ew, get a room !" Nikki whined. Ashley pulled away from Kyle and looked at Nikki smiling.

"Thats incredibly disgusting. I believe I am scarred for life--my best friend and my little brother making out in the pool." Kyle smirked and kissed Ashley's cheek before resting his forehead against hers, and Nikki went back to her conversation with Stephanie and John.

"Anyway, why are you fighting against sleep baby?" Kyle asked gently, as he rakes his fingers through her wet dark red hair. Ashley looked into his eyes for a couple of minutes before answering.

"I don't like to sleep," She answered, as she shrugs her shoulders.

"Why?"

"I just don't..." Kyle raised his eyebrow in curiousity.

"Why?"

"I just don't like to sleep...okay?" Ashley asked, as tears threatened to fall.

"Come on Ash....tell me..."

"No." Ashley answered sternly.

"I bet if I asked Nikki she would be able to tell me everything." Ashley who was becoming frustrated pushed Kyle away and she swam over to the hot tub and crawled into it, and she began to pout. Kyle sighed. Nikki who had saw the entire thing was now confused.

"What did you do now, Kyle?"

"Nothing!"

"Obviously you did something, if shes crying again!" Nikki snapped.

"All I did was ask her why she was fighting against sleep! Is there a law against being concerned for your girlfriend??"

"It is when you ask her personal questions that she isn't comfortable talking about!" Nikki replied, with so much anger in her voice, than she swam over to the hot tub and crawled in and she went and hugged Ashley.

"Are you okay?"

"I'm NOT tired!" Ashley demanded. "I WON'T sleep, I WON'T." she snapped, as she began to cry. Nikki hugged her tightly and rested her chin on top of her head, as she holds her close.

"Calm down sweetie, no one is forcing you to sleep. Kyle didn't know it was this personal, he didnt mean to upset you." Nikki soothed. She stood there hugging her until she had finally calmed down. Kyle stood there thinking for a couple of minutes then he went and crawled into the hot tub and Ashley looked at him sniffling, as she was still very upset. He offered her his arms. She looked at him for a couple of minutes, than she accepted the offer and walked into his open arms, allowing him to wrap them around her.

"I'm sorry... I didn't know. Please forgive me." He apologized. Ashley didnt reply, she only hugged him tighter and rested her chin on his shoulder.

"You don't have to tell me...but I am concerned for you, and if you ever do want to talk about it i'm here." she stood there thinking for a couple of minutes, as the two of them stood in silence, than she suddenly broke it.

"Every time I go to sleep I always have a nightmare. You know the kind that grips your heart in fear and won't let go..."

"Nightmares of your step father?" Ashley nodded.

"And sometimes of other things... like being raped..." She added. "Earlier today was not the first time i've woken up screaming and crying from a nightmare--usually no one is around to comfort me like you and Nikki were. Sleeping is one of the scariest things in the world to me--if I can help it I try to do everything I can to avoid it. The night time is when I do most of my writing, because if I'm writing it gives me something to do and distracts me from sleeping." Kyle looked into her light brown eyes for a couple of minutes with so much concern, as he tucks a strand of her wet hair back behind her ear.

"You could get very sick from doing that to yourself..."

"I know, but I dont know what else to do. Sleeping frightens me more than anything. I'll end up waking up screaming and crying, it never fails." Kyle didn't reply, he only kissed her forehead and hugged her tight. He sat down on the step of the hot tub and he pulled Ashley into his lap and the two of them sat there talking. Nikki went and hung out with everyone else. After awhile Kyle got out, and Ashley followed. He took her hand and brought her over to the lounge chair everyone was sitting down on earlier, and he helped her sit down, before sitting down in front of her. Ashley hugged her legs close to her chest, and pulled her towel around her. Kyle did the same with his own towel, and they again sat there continuing to talk. Soon everyone got bored of swimming and got out.

"Its getting late...we should probably all go inside now." Matt announced. Everyone agreed and gathered up everything before going inside.


~*~*~*~*~


As soon as Ashley changed into her pajamas instead of her bathing suit she came out of the bathroom to find Nikki all ready in her pajamas and lying in her bed with the light off. It was 1:30 in the morning, and everyone was getting ready for bed. Matt and Nathan downstairs using the two couches as their bed. Matt being too lazy to go home, even though he only lives Next door. After a half n hour had gone by and as Nikki was sleeping Kyle suddenly peeked his head in. Ashley who was just lying there staring up at the ceiling looked at him and smiled a little bit.

"Come lay with me for awhile baby." He whispered. She slowly got out of bed trying her hardest not to wake Nikki up and she went over to Kyle. He took her hand and pulled her into his room shutting the door behind him.

"Honey, Nikki would have a fit if she found out we were sleeping together..." Ashley warned.

"Just lay with me for awhile--you can sneak back in before she wakes up and she'll never even know. Besides, its not like we're going to have sex." Kyle replied, as he pulls her over to his bed. Ashley crawled under the covers with him, and he lay down. She lay next to him resting her head against his shoulder.

"Right?" He asked, as he looks down at her.

"I'm 18 years old baby, there is no way."

"Exactly, and I'm 17. I'm not about to get a girl pregnant at 17. I just thought we'd lay together and Id keep you company since theres no way you're going to sleep tonight." Ashley didnt reply she only snuggled close to him and he rested his forehead against hers. The two of them lay in bed talking for awhile, than as Kyle hoped Ashley fell asleep around 3:30. He held her close to him and watched her sleep, as he gently rakes his fingers through her hair. He lay there watching her sleep until 4:30 in the morning, then he picked her up cradling her and he carried her back into Nikki's room. once in there he carefully lay Ashley in the empty space next to Nikki, and he covered her up before kissing her forhead and leaving the room. He went back to his bed and crawled into it, and he was out in not even a minute.

~*~*~*~*~


The next day around 10:30 Kyle went into Nikki's room to find Ashley still lying in bed, but now she was awake. She smiled at the sight of him, causing him to smile in return.

"Good morning beautiful, how did you sleep?" he asked gently, as he went and crawled into bed with her. He lay on his side and wrapped his arm around her.

"Surprisingly well," Ashley answered, and Kyle kissed her lips gently. "I guess i'm going to have to fall asleep in your bed every night, because being close to you just brings a peaceful side to me..." Kyle smiled, as he looks down at her and gently rakes his fingers through her hair.

"Are you hungry?"

"Yes, very. Why?" Ashley asked curiously.

"I made you a special breakfast."

"Really?" Ashley smiled up at him. He nodded, and once again kissed her lips gently, than he got up. He took Ashley into his arms so hes cradling her and he carried her downstairs and into the kitchen. He placed Ashley in a chair at the table where there was a plate all ready made.

"I found out what you like for breakfast from Nikki and decided I would fix it for you." Kyle explained. He had made bacon, eggs, hasbrowns, and toast knowing its Ashley's favorite.

"Aww....Kyle...." Ashley softly, and she looked up at him. She placed her hand to his cheek and brought his lips down on hers for a passionate kiss, and he returned it.

"Thank you, you're so sweet." Kyle smiled, and he went and sat in the chair across from her where his own plate is at, and the two of them ate breakfast alone together.

"Where is Nikki?"

"She went on her run early this morning, than she came back had a quick shower and had to go to work. She said she'd pick you up an application and bring it home for you."

"Ooh okay. Where is everyone else?"

"Greg, John, Nathan, and Stephanie all went somewhere--I have no clue where and when they will be back."

"Oh." Kyle placed his hand on top of Ashley's as its rested on the table, and the two sat talking as they ate. As soon as they finished eating Kyle did the dishes really quick, and Ashley ran upstairs to take a shower and get dressed.


~*~*~*~ Later on that day ~*~*~*~


Its now 2:30 in the afternoon, and Nikki and everyone had finally gotten back after Kyle and Ashley had spent the entire day alone together, and everyone was now sitting in the living room with nothing to do.

"I'm bored," Ashley whined, as shes lying on the couch with her head in Kyle's lap.

"Me too," Stephanie added.

"Momma," Seth said, as hes sitting on the floor playing with his cars.

"Yeah baby?" Nikki asked.

"Can we go to dee park?" Nikki suddenly smiled.

"Does everyone want to go with me and Seth to the park? That should make you all un bored."

"ME! I DO!" Ashley raised her hand in excitement, as if she was Seth's age, and Seth laughed at her. Ashley smiled sweetly at him. Nikki got up and picked Seth up from the floor, and she kissed his forehead.

"Your auntie Ashee is crazy." She whispered to him, as she carried him out the door with everyone following.

"I HEARD that!" Ashley replied, and Nikki just laughed. As soon as everyone got to the park Nikki put Seth down and as soon as she did he took off toward the playground. Kyle who was back behind talking to Greg, Nathan, Matt, and John went up to Ashley and took her hand into his. She looked up at him.

"Come swing with me." He said gently, and he lead her toward the swings that no one was on. The park was surprisingly empty today--There was only two other kids there, and a mother. Kyle sat on a swing, and he pulled Ashley into his lap so her back is turned on him, and he wrapped his arms around her waist and rested his chin against her shoulder, and he began to slowly swing back and fourth. Ashley rested the back of her head against his shoulder and looked up at him. The two swung in silence for a few minutes, until he suddenly broke it.

"If you could have three wishes come true--only three, what would they be?" Ashley thought for a couple of minutes before answering.

"To get one of my books published and loved by many people, To meet the Backstreet Boys--preferably Nick Carter but all of them would be cool too and give each and every one of them a hug and tell them how much they mean to me, and my mom...I would really like to know that my mom loves me, because it really seems like she doesn't. You know...it would really make me happy if she just for once took the time to get to know me... and spend time with me..." Ashley answered. When she had told him her third wish a single tear rolled down her cheek. She thought for a couple of minutes.

"Why?" She asked, while looking up at him.

"Just wondering." He answered, as he has a mysterious look in his eyes. Ashley noticed this right away and knows hes up to something.

"Whats your favorite flower?" he suddenly asked out of the blue.

"Red roses." She answered, and again rested the back of her head against his shoulder. She closed her eyes and relaxed as he swung on the swing, and held her close to him.