- Text Size +
Chapter Sixteen: You can’t leave me


Ashley opened her eyes, suddenly who knows how many hours later and she found Kyle’s beautiful blue ones staring down at her as he remains beside her with his arms wrapped tight around her. She smiled up at him, causing him to smile in return.

“Hey you, did you lay here and watch me this entire time?”

“Mm hmm.”

“God you must be bored,” Ashley laughed.

“Ha No, that’s where you’re mistaken darling!” He said in a rich accent, as he crawls on top of Ashley so he’s straddling her and he leaned down and began to blow raspberries on her neck once again causing her to scream and then laugh hysterically.

“Kyle Stooooooop!” She whined, as she couldn’t stop laughing once he did stop he chuckled a bit as she lay there looking up at him with a big smile on her face.

“You dork! That tickles!” She whined, but no matter how hard she tried she couldn’t stop smiling and Kyle laughed at that. She wrapped her arms around his neck placing her hand at the back of his head gently pushing his lips down onto hers for a soft kiss. He returned her kiss sliding his tongue into her mouth he made the kiss deeper. Once they pulled away minutes later he lay his head down on her chest as she lay there playing with his hair, and she looked up at the once clear blue sky that had turned dark and gray sometime while she was asleep, and it was getting pretty windy out too.

“Damn…where did the sun go so fast?” she asked curiously, and he too looked up at the sky as he rests his head against her shoulder.

“It became that way a little after you fell asleep. It’s going to start raining soon, we should probably pack up and go home.”

“I don’t wanna,” Ashley whined. He chuckled a bit.

“What? Would you rather stay here in the rain?”

“Why not? Rain is beautiful.”

“I thought black was beautiful.”

“Yes, and so is rain.”

“Why? What do you find so beautiful about the rain?” He asked curiously.

“Everything… the rain drops that make a soft and peaceful whispery sound, the feel of it when it cascades down over your face, the lightning in the sky I LOVE watching the lightning, the thunder, its just so beautiful. The feel of the cool breezy wind blowing on you… If the sun went away and never came back, and the sky was ALWAYS gray it wouldn’t bother me one bit. At home…when it rained which wasn’t very often cause it was the icky desert, but when it rained I would go outside and just stand there for hours as it did soaking wet and it would wash all of my pain and worries away, and for once I was happy. Sometimes If I was upset enough I would stand out there in the rain and cry the entire time. Rain is the most beautiful thing ever.” Kyle didn’t reply he only rested his forehead against hers, as he looks into her light brown eyes, and he pulled the blanket up on them covering everything but their heads, and he lay there gently tickling her arm, as its rested against his chest.

“Its also fun to get caught in it with the one that you…” She trailed off in mid sentence. She thought for a couple of seconds before going on “Care so strongly about. I never got to experience that though…Since I was always stuck at home in Arizona and you’re the first boyfriend I’ve ever had my entire life.”

“Then you know what? We’re going to get caught in the rain together just for you.” He replied, as he tucks a strand of her hair back behind her ear, and she smiled up at him causing him to smile in return.

“You’re so beautiful when you smile.” He informed her.

“Is that so?”

“Mm hmm.”

“So what about when I’m not smiling?” She asked, as she tries her very hardest not to smile, but it didn’t work out too well and he just laughed.

“You’re just as beautiful, but I like it best when you do smile.”

“Me too.” She replied softly. “And only you have ever been able to make me do that.”

“Well at least I know my goal has been accomplished then.”


~*~*~*~


“Dude, they’ve been gone all day almost—its like 4:30 and they’re still not back.” Nikki announced, as she enters the living room after being in the kitchen, and she has a smile on her face.

“They must be having a lot of fun.” Stephanie replied.

“Yeah—well Id like to know what kind of fun. That’s my little brother and best friend we’re talking about here.” Nikki replied, as she sits next to Stephanie on the couch as everyone was in the living room. Matt chuckled a bit.

“Protective much?”

“Maybe…”

“I’m sure they’re only just swimming or sitting there talking or something. Don’t worry so much. Its Ashee we’re talking about here, and you know how she is.” Stephanie reassured.

“Yeah I know exactly how she is-Madly in love with my brother. Who knows what’s on her mind.”

“She may be madly in love with him, but you know she’s not one to do anything she’ll regret later. I know for a fact she’s not planning to be a mother anytime soon, and I know for a fact she doesn’t plan on having sex till she’s 25 and married, and old enough to have the responsibility of being a mother. She’s the most innocent person I know. If we all went to a party and all decided to drink SHE would be the one driving us home because she would refuse to have anything to do with alcohol, and you know that. She’s your best friend, and you know she would never do anything against your wishes.”

“Yeah I know…its just that this is the first time they’ve spent the entire day alone together without me around and my best friend dating my little brother is still kind of weird for me, and you’ve SEEN how close those two are they’re inseparable.”

“Yeah I’ve seen how close those two are, and they’re the cutest couple ever. I’ve never seen two people so in love before as much as they’re. He’s so good to her and is always trying to find every way possible to make her happy and it works. He DOES make her happy, and when was Ashley ever happy before Kyle?”

“Never…”

“Exactly. She’s happy with him and isn’t that what you’ve wanted all a long? Was for her to be happy?”

“Yeah more then ever.”

“Ashee isn’t looking for sex hon, she’s just looking for someone who will love her, and from what it looks like I think she’s finally found that someone.” Nikki didn’t reply she only rested her head against Stephanie’s shoulder as the two of them sat side by side on the couch.

“Looks like they’ll be home soon anyway—Its getting ready to storm soon.” John announced, as he’ standing near the window.

“Heh nuh uh—Ashley loves the rain.” Nikki replied.

“Oh.”

“Well…whenever they do come back Stephee, Ashley and I made plans for the three of us to go to the mall later tonight—sort of a girls night out. Since Greg took my baby to his house I’m going to need something to do.”

“Okay cool,” Stephanie smiled.


~*~*~*~*~

“I’m going to put the stuff in the car—it’s starting to sprinkle.” Kyle told Ashley.

“Kay.” Kyle got up from lying on the blanket next to her and he gathered up all of her stuff. The bag of food and wrappers, and her rose he had given her and he took it all to the car. He opened the door to the backseat and put it in there, and then he shut it just as it started to pour. He turned to find Ashley standing up now. She had been ever since he walked back to the car. He went over to her and wrapped her in his arms.

“Happy? We be soaked now.” Ashley smirked as she wraps her arms around his waist and pulls him closer.

“You’re such a whiner.” She laughed.

“Oh yeah?”

“Yeah.”

“Well what about you? Miss ticklish?” He asked, before starting to tickle her and Ashley began to laugh hysterically.

“Stooop,” She whined. “You’re gonna give me a tummy ache because of how much you tickle me.”

“Awww,” He replied in a teasing way, then he picked her up over his shoulder and he carried her over to the lake leaning her over threatening to throw her in.

“AHH Kyle no! Please no!” She begged, as she clung to him. He laughed.

“Give me one reason why I shouldn’t?”

“Cause you care about meeee?”

“Id still care about you even if I threw you in,” he laughed, as he again moved her toward the water. She screamed and clung to him tighter.

“If you throw me in there I swear to god I will pull you in with me!” He suddenly put her down, as he didn’t feel like getting more wet then he already was and she smiled and pushed him into the lake, as he didn’t even see it coming. When he came up he had an extremely shocked look on his face.

“Ohh you evil person you!” he said, as Ashley stood there giggling to no end at her evilness.

“That’s it! You’re going to pay for that!” He threatened, and then he jumped out of the water and dove toward her. Ashley screamed, turned around and began to run away from him as he chased her around the area. She ran toward a tree with a low branch and grabbed onto it pulling herself up, then she climbed the next branch and out of his reach.

“Oh like I can’t climb trees too!” he laughed. Ashley stuck her tongue out at him.

“Come get me.” She challenged.

“I wouldn’t challenge me if I were you baby, Cause I really will come get you!” He warned playfully.

“Try it.” She replied with no fear in her at all.

“Alright, here I come” He replied, as he started to climb up the branch. Seeing as how the branch was wet from the rain he lost his grip of the tree and fell to the ground landing on his back.

“Oooow,” He whined, and Ashley laughed.

“Oh yeah baby, you really got me!” He scowled and stood up from the ground, and then he grabbed onto the branch again and pulled himself up managing to not fall this time. As soon as he did she climbed up to the branch above her and smiled sweetly down at him.

“You can keep going as high as you want honey, but sooner or later you’re going to run out of branches.” He warned, before climbing up to the branch above him and right underneath her. She climbed up two branches more, and he followed her. When he was right underneath her before she could go any higher he managed to grab onto her foot, and she screamed in horror and hugged the tree branch. He laughed.

“Come here.”

“No-I aint going in that lake.” She insisted.

“I’m not going to throw you in the lake.”

“Liar.”

“I promise you I’m not.”

“Uh huh-I know better than that.”

“Baby I swear to you I’m not going to throw you in the lake. I just want to hold you.” She looked down at him as he still held onto her foot, and she looked into his blue eyes and discovered he was telling the truth. She let go of the tree and let him pull her down into his arms and he leaned against the branch as he cradles her.

“You’re evil you know that?” He asked, as he looks down at her.

“Yup-proud of it.” she smiled up at him, and he laughed. Suddenly they saw a crack of lightning and seconds later thunder crashed causing Ashley to hold onto Kyle tighter, as she didn’t see that coming. He chuckled a bit.

“Awww baby you scared?” He asked, as he holds her closer.

“No…just didn’t expect that.”

“Hmm well we need to get out of this tree—this isn’t exactly the safest place when there’s lightning.” Ashley nodded her agreement and moved out of his lap, and he began to climb down and Ashley followed trying her very hardest not to slip as it was harder to go down then it was to go up. Once Kyle reached the ground he stood there watching carefully, as Ashley is still a few branches away. Suddenly she lost grip of the branch as her hand slipped and she screamed, as she fell.

“KYLE!” Before she could hit the ground Kyle dove toward her and caught her landing on his ass on the ground in the process. She clung to him for dear life as he sat there holding her.

“You’re okay, I’ve got you.” Not replying she rested her head against his shoulder.

“Wanna go home now.” She pouted, as she was freezing cold and a little shaken from her fall. He got up cradling her as he carried her to his car. He carried her to the passenger’s side, opened the door and sat her in her seat before shutting the door again and going around to his side. Once he was in the car he reached into the back and grabbed the blanket and he wrapped her in it as she had scooted into the middle to be close to him. She rested her head against his shoulder and sat there shivering and he started to drive home after turning Good Charlotte on for her. He had borrowed Nikki’s CD. Once back to the house the two of them got out and he took her hand and brought her inside.

“Hey Ashee, Hey Ky did you two have fun??” Nikki asked.

“Yeah lots,” Ashley managed to smile even though she couldn’t stop shivering.

“Go get into some dry clothes sweetheart, I’ll make a fire in the fireplace and some hot chocolate. Kay?”

“Kay.” He kissed her cheek before letting go of her hand and she went upstairs as she was still wrapped in her blanket.

“What’s wrong with her? She looks frightened.” Nikki questioned Kyle worriedly as soon as she heard her bedroom door shut.

“We were messing around and I chased her up into a tree. She kept climbing higher to get away from me and I went after her. When we finally got to the top she let me take her into my arms but then we saw lightning and then heard thunder and remembered we weren’t exactly in the safest place so we started to climb down. I made it to the bottom, but she wasn’t even half way down yet because she was having a hard time. She lost grip of a branch and fell and almost hit the ground but I caught her just before she did. She’s a little shaken by the incident.”

“Awww…” Stephanie replied.

“But other then that she’s fine right?” Nikki asked.

“Yeah.”

“Did your surprise cheer her up any?” Kyle smiled a little bit now.

“Mm hmm—I haven’t seen her smile so much like she had done today. She was laughing and stuff like her mother never even called her yesterday.”

“Good,” Nikki smiled. Kyle nodded and went over to the fireplace. He got some wood and put it in there, and then he lit the fire and got it ready for when Ashley comes down. After doing that he went into the kitchen and everyone followed. He made him and Ashley some hot chocolate and everyone else made themselves some too. By the time he had walked into the living room with both their hot chocolate, Ashley came downstairs dressed in a white tank top and some black shorts.

“Come here,” He said gently. She went over to him as he was standing near the fireplace, and he sat down Indian style. He took her hand and pulled her into his lap and he again wrapped her in their blanket. He handed her, her hot chocolate and they looked at everyone else who was now sitting in the same spots they were in earlier.

“Nikki”

“Yeah honey?”

“We going to the mall still?”

“Yeah of course. Not till a little later though.”

“Okay.” they were all silent for a few minutes, and then Ashley again broke it.

“Where is Seth and Gregory?” She asked all confused.

“Greg took Seth to his house.”

“Ohh okay.”

“Yeah, I got tired of Greg being around, he was driving me crazy so he took Seth to his house with him.”

“Cool.”

“So anyway lets see this bracelet Kyle wouldn’t let us see until you did!” Nikki replied, as she got up and went over to Ashley and Kyle, and she sat in front of them on the floor. Ashley held her wrist out to Nikki trying to hide the fear in her eyes. She hated for people to see her wrists because it shamed her at what she had done to herself, but Nikki noticed the look of fear in her eyes right away. She gently took Ashley's hand and looked at the bracelet.

“Ohh pretty.” She said, as she examines the little charms on it, and Ashley couldn't help but smile though she now felt extremely bad. Nikki gently rubbed the scars on her wrists.

"I know," She said softly, before taking Ashley into a hug. "Its okay." Ashley returned her hug just being thankful to have her friend near. After a while she pulled away and Ashley rested her head against Kyle's shoulder and everyone sat around talking for a while. Ashley sat there listening the entire time until she soon again fell asleep in Kyle's arms.

"She’s sleeping Ky," Matt who had been watching Ashley for quite sometime announced. Kyle looked down at Ashley and he shook his head smiling.

"Figures...this is her second nap today. She sleeps A LOT..."

"Because she’s depressed. You tend to sleep a lot when you're depressed." Nikki replied.

"Well at least she’s not fighting against it anymore." Stephanie replied.

"Nik," Kyle said, as he looks at Nikki who is still sitting next to him and Ashley.

"Yeah?"

"Can I use your laptop again?"

"Mm hmm."

"John"

"Yeah?"

"Toss me that pillow please." John grabbed the pillow next to him and threw it to Kyle. Kyle caught it and sat it on the floor next to him, before gently lying Ashley down with her head rested on it and he covered her up with her blanket and got up and went upstairs to Nikki's room to get her laptop. Once up there he grabbed it and hurried back downstairs and he went and sat in his place next to Ashley again. He turned the laptop on.

"How come you've been borrowing my computer so much?" Nikki asked suspiciously.

"No reason." Kyle shrugged. Nikki raised her eyebrow at him.

"Really, no reason at all. I've just been bored and thought I would look around online a bit."

'Hmmm..." Nikki replied, as she was now onto Kyle. She knows he’s up to something. She got up and went to sit on the other side of Stephanie as Stephanie sits there wrapped in John's arms. As soon as Nikki had gotten up and left Kyle looked back at the computer and typed in 'Backstreet.net'. The website he had found in a search engine the other day.

~*~*~*~


Later on that day Ashley woke up and looked around to find everyone still sitting around talking, and Kyle still sitting there on Nikki’s laptop. She sat up and scooted closer to him. Seeing this he clicked out of the Backstreet Boys website that he’s on just as she wrapped her arms around his neck and rested her chin on his shoulder.

“What’cha doing baby?”

“Nothing, just checking my e-mail.” She kissed his cheek and she looked around at everyone else.

“Hey Ashee you’re finally awake!” Nikki greeted as she looked up from the notebook her and Stephanie are taking turns writing in. They’re working on their Backstreet Boys fanfic that they’ve been co-writing together over the Internet.

“Hey,” Ashley replied, and she got up and went over and sat on the other side of Nikki.

“What’cha two writing?” She asked curiously.

“We’re working on our story that we’ve been co-writing together over the Internet.”

“Ohh.”

“Yup.”

“When are we going to the mall?” Stephanie questioned.

“How about in a half n hour from now?” Nikki asked, as she looks at her watch to see that it reads 5:30.

“Okay.” Right after Stephanie had said that thunder crashed violently in the sky outside and a second later they saw a flash of lightning that lit the entire sky. Ashley smiled really big.

“Dude that’s awesome.” Nikki shook her head smiling.

“You and storms I swear.”

“They’re COOL.” Ashley insisted. She sat there watching them write their story for a while until she grew extremely bored.

“Well I’m going to go upstairs and change into some clothes that I can wear to the mall.”

“Okay,” Nikki replied. “Let me know if you need anything.”

“Okay.” Ashley went upstairs and into Nikki’s room and she got out some clothes to wear before going into the bathroom. Once in there she shut the door and began to change. As soon as she did she was wearing a white Metallica Tee shirt that has short sleeves and long black fishnet sleeves attached to it. She has on her green plaid o-ring skirt, and she’s wearing fishnet stockings and some black boots. She brushed her burgundy hair, which is still a little damp from the rain and fixed her black eyeliner and mascara. After doing this she went back into Nikki’s room and spotted her cell phone lying on the floor from when she was changing earlier—it must have fallen out of her pocket. She leaned over and picked it up and she went to missed calls. When she did she found ‘Home-12:00 PM’ Ashley raised her eyebrow, as she remembers that’s when she was sleeping earlier during her first nap and was with Kyle. She went to the top of the stairs holding her phone.

“Kyle”

“Yeah baby?” he asked, as he looks up from the laptop and at her.

“It says on my phone that my mom called earlier while you and I were at the lake and it says it was during the time I was sleeping. Do you know anything about this?”

“Oh…yeah she did call…” Kyle answered, as he looks at Ashley cautiously, and Nikki looked at her brother curiously.

“Why didn’t you tell me that she did?”

“It slipped my mind?” Ashley looked at him suspiciously for a couple of minutes, and then she went to answered calls. She went down the list and saw ‘Home-12:00’ on the list.

“Oh. Well do you mind telling me what she said when you answered it? Or did that slip your mind too?” she asked, the tone being obvious in her voice that she is pissed.

“Its not important.”

“Kyle…”

“Its NOT important.” He said, trying his very hardest to stay calm.

“Its bad enough that you talked to my mother behind my back, but now you aren’t even going to tell me what was said???”

“No I’m NOT! Because I don’t want you to get upset damnit, OKAY?? I worked my ass off on cheering you up and I’m not about to let her ruin it AGAIN.” Ashley looked at him in so much hatred for a couple of minutes, then she stormed off into Nikki’s room and she slammed the door shut and was pissed. She wouldn’t care too much about him talking to her if he didn’t make it such a big secret about what was said. She grabbed her converse shoe and she threw it at the door in anger before going into the bathroom and slamming that door shut.


“She’s throwing and slamming things around…she’s really pissed…” Stephanie said worriedly.

“And did I just hear two doors slam? She’s in the bathroom…the bathroom and angry…” Nikki added as she was getting kind of scared.

“What’s the big deal about her being in the bathroom when she’s angry?” John asked all confused.

“My razor is lying out in the open where she can see it…” Nikki answered. “She tends to take the anger all out on herself…”

“No…she PROMISED me she wouldn’t do that anymore!” Kyle demanded in anger mixed with fear and he jumped up and ran upstairs. Once up there he opened the door and went into Nikki’s room.

“Ashley! What are you doing in that bathroom?”

“Nothing! Nothing at all!” Ashley answered, as her eyes suddenly fixed upon Nikki’s razor. She took it in her hand and sat on the floor leaning against the bathtub and she stared at the razor in fascination. It was her old friend, the thing she used to turn to for everything. She wouldn’t cut herself now of course, because she promised both Kyle and Nikki she was done doing that. But she just wants to hold it for a while. Hold it and look at it. It made her sane in ever way. It was her only comfort.

“Nothing my ass! Open the door now!” He demanded.

“NO! Go away I hate you!”

“No you don’t!”

“Yes I DO! I hate liars, and most of all I hate people who keep secrets from me, ESPECIALLY when it’s my boyfriend!”

“Its FOR your own good!” He replied, as he sighs and rests his head against the door.

“I don’t want you to be upset anymore baby, please you don’t understand how much it hurts me when you’re upset.”

“JUST GO AWAY! I want to be alone!” Ashley begged.

“Well if you want to be alone, WHY don’t you go back home? You’ll be alone ALL YOU WANT!” Kyle yelled, as he was now extremely frustrated.

“Kyle Johnson don’t you DARE say that!” Nikki demanded, as she stands in the doorway of her bedroom.

“FINE Maybe I will go home if that’s what you want!” Ashley said, as tears rolled down her cheek and suddenly the door opened. She went over to the closet and got all of her clothes down from the side Nikki had let her have and she went and laid it out on the bed and began to fold them all up.

“No baby, I don’t want you to go home.” Kyle sighed.

“Yeah, which is why you just told me to go home?” Ashley asked, as she looks at him with tears streaming down her cheek, and so much hurt in her eyes. “Fine with me, I’ll go home. If it hurts you so much that I am upset you would think that’d be the LAST place you would want me to go.” She added, before she looked back down at the clothes that she was in the middle of folding up. Kyle thought for a couple of minutes, and then he went over to her and wrapped his arms around her waist from behind. She didn’t say a word or struggle to get away she only put the now folded up shirt that took her forever to fold up cause she was upset into her bag. He took her hand before she could fold anything else up.

“Kyle please go away,” She begged, as she broke into tears for the first time. “Let me pack alone. I’ll be out of here in a half n hour then you can be happy.”

“I don’t want you to go baby, I really don’t. Happy is the last thing I would be if you leave.”

“Then why did you tell me to go home?” She asked while sniffling.

“Because I’m an asshole, and I say things I don’t mean when I am frustrated.” He answered gently, as he turns her around to face him. He caught a falling tear as he looks into her light brown eyes.

“I mean this though…you mean the world to me, and it would kill me more then you could ever know if you leave. Don’t go back there honey, they treat you like shit and that’s the last thing you need.”

“I don’t want to be alone anymore…” She answered, while still sniffling, as it was clearly obvious that she was still upset.

“Don’t leave me all alone Kyle,” she begged, and he wrapped her tight in his arms making her rest her head against his chest.

“I’m right here baby you’re never alone. Ever.” She wrapped her arms around him in return and hugged him tighter as she was afraid to lose him. He kissed her forehead and returned her hug. Once he pulled away he sat on the bed and pulled her into his lap so she’s sitting side ways and she rested her head against his shoulder, as he takes her hands into his and turns them over to look at her wrists. He gently rubbed his fingers over the cuts being thankful that there weren’t any new ones. Nikki who had gone into the bathroom a few seconds before suddenly noticed her razor lying on the floor and her eyes widened in fear.

“Ashley Elaine!” She yelled, and Ashley held onto Kyle tight. She came out of the bathroom with her razor in her hand.

“What was this doing on the floor?? Why did you have it??”

“I wanted to hold it Nikki…that’s all…” Ashley sniffled.

“Why?”

“Because I needed to.”

“Why?”

“It kept me sane…” Nikki looked at her for a couple of minutes, then she went over and sat next to Kyle on the bed.

“Let me see your wrists.”

“No.”

“ASHLEY”

“NO! I don’t like it for people to see them and you KNOW that!”

“I’m your best friend!”

“I don’t care I don’t want you to see it!” Ashley cried. “I feel ashamed for people to have to see it!”

“She didn’t cut herself Nikki, relax.” Kyle finally spoke up. “I looked.”

“I don’t want you to even be holding it.” Nikki demanded lightly.

“I HAVE TO Nikki it makes me feel better!” Ashley pleaded desperately.

“NO! There are different ways for you to feel better! You have ME if you need comfort come to ME and I will be your comfort I will keep you sane. ME I will do it! I just don’t want to lose you!” Nikki yelled, as tears roll down her own cheek. “THAT’S what I am here for that’s what you came here for, so you could be close to ME and I could HELP you. You don’t need a stupid razor that doesn’t solve ANYTHING.” She added, as she throws the razor across the room and Ashley flinched as it hit the wall and she looked over at it longingly. Nikki pulled Ashley into her own arms and she hugged her tight. Ashley buried her face in Nikki’s shoulder and cried even harder. Nikki gently rubbed her back as tears roll down her own cheek and she held Ashley close to her in fear that if she didn’t she would lose her.

“I love you Ashley, I really do. I’m your best friend and you know I’m here for you. You don’t need that razor for comfort you can always come to me and you know I will make it all better. Let me be your comfort, let me be the one that keeps you sane. Let me be your anti cut. Please Ashley I just don’t want to lose my best friend. You don’t know how hard it was for me when you were in Arizona and I was here knowing that you were hurting yourself and there was nothing I could do. There was no one there to stop you. I would cry ALL the time, and you know me, you know I don’t cry. But YOU made me cry because you mean EVERYTHING to me. You’re important to me and goddamnit you can’t leave me here all alone!”

“I’m sorry,” Ashley apologized, as she hugs Nikki tighter and continued to cry. “I’m really sorry.” Nikki didn’t reply, she only sat there holding her friend close and when she had finally calmed down Nikki looked down at her to find Ashley already looking up at her.

“I love you too,” Ashley told her, and again rested her head against her shoulder. Nikki just sat there watching her for a few minutes then she broke the silence in the room, as she grabs a tissue and wipes away the tears.

“Come on, let’s go to the mall. We need to get your mind off of things.”

“Okay…” Ashley replied, and the three of them got up Ashley grabbing her cell phone from the floor and putting it in her pocket and the three of them went downstairs.

(Authors Note: Review Please! and I will reward you with the next chapter =)