- Text Size +
Authors Note: All righty, So I apologize for the long wait for an update people...how long has it been? months? Well Anywho, I finally have the inspiration to keep going and have finally written another chapter --with a lot of help and support from Nikki. Thanks Babe! Your awesome! I hope you all enjoy.





Chapter Eighteen:




"So where should we go now?" Stephanie asked, as the three girls are now once again walking through the mall as they had finished their ice cream.


"Torrid!" Ashley exclaimed in excitement, which made Nikki laugh. She is happy her friend is back to her normal hyper self. Torrid is Ashley's absolute favorite store to shop at next to Hot Topic.


"Okay, Torrid it is." Nikki answered with a small smile on her face.


"Yay," Ashley replied happily.


"I'll meet you two in there. I'm going to stop at this shoe store first." Stephanie replied.


"Okay," Ashley said, and than followed Nikki into Torrid and Stephanie went the other way to the shoe store she had seen.



~*~*~*~



"Alright I need a break," Kyle announced to no one in particular as he shuts off the laptop. He got up from sitting on the floor and suddenly decided he needs a drink. He went into the kitchen for a dr pepper.


"Why don't we play video games?" Matt suggested.


"Okay cool," Kyle agreed, and the two of them set up the game system putting in the game 'Need For Speed Underground'.


"John do you want to play?"


"No thanks--Maybe the next game.


"Okay," Kyle replied, as he sits on the couch with his game controller. Matt sat on the floor leaning against the couch. Kyle got the orange and black Toyota Celica and Matt made a silver Mazda Rx-7. The two began racing and Kyle kicked Matt's ass four times in a row and then Matt finally won because Kyle totaled his car; he had hit an oncoming truck.


"Ah ha I finally won!" Matt cheered in victory, as he looks at Kyle with a cheesy smirk. Kyle rolled his eyes.


"Yeah cause I totaled my car, loser!"


"I still won!" Matt scowled.


"John do you want to go now?"



"Yeah," John nodded and Kyle handed him his controller.


"Good luck Matt you're gonna need it." Kyle laughed, as he got up and headed toward the kitchen.


"Dude shut up!" Matt growled, before beginning his race with John. Kyle only continued to laugh as he disappeared into the kitchen.



~*~*~*~

Mean while back at the mall, Nikki and Ashley spent 10 minutes in Torrid, than they decided to go looking for Stephanie, as she had never met up with them in Torrid like she said she would. As soon as they got there they went into the shoe store to discover Stephanie trying on some black and pink adias.

“Whoa, Steph, those are cool shoes.” Nikki commented, and Stephanie looked at her smiling.

“You really think so?”

“Yeah and they’re a very purtyful color too.” Ashley added.

“Good, than I’m getting them.” Stephanie replied after thinking for a few minutes and she got up, took her shoes off, put them in a box and she went off to pay for them after changing back into her old shoes. When Stephanie had bought her new shoes the three of them went looking in other stores. They spent a few hours more, than they decided they’d head home.

“Hey guys!” Ashley said cheerfully as she was the first one to enter the house, Nikki and Stephanie behind her.

“Hey Ash, Its good to see you smiling.” John replied with a small smile on his face. Ashley smiled really big as she watched him pull Stephanie into a passionate kiss. She then remembered her own boyfriend and looked at Kyle to find him sitting in a chair with the leg rest up.

“Kyyyle I want a greeting like thaaat!” She whined with a jealous tone. Kyle chuckled a bit.


“Well come here then,” he said while holding his arms out to her. She smiled and went and crawled into his lap. He placed his hand to her cheek gently caressing it as he looks into her light brown eyes with so much love in his own.

“It is VERY nice to see you smiling,” he repeated, than he brought his lips down on hers for a gentle kiss. She wrapped her arms around his neck and returned it making it deeper. When he pulled away she rested her head against his shoulder and closed her eyes.


“Did you have fun at the mall?”


“Mm hmm.”


“Did you buy anything?”


“No, Nikki bought me an orange Julius, but I wouldn’t let her buy me anything else.”


“Ooh.”


“Well I’m hungry,” Matt announced after a few minutes of silence as Nikki sits next to him and he has his arm wrapped around her.


“Yeah, why don’t we order some pizza or something?” Stephanie suggested.


“I’ll do it,” Kyle announced, but than looked down at Ashley to discover her sitting sideways in his lap with her legs dangling over the arm rest of the chair and her head rested against his shoulder and she looks like she could fall asleep there. He chuckled a bit.


“You aren’t going to let me up, are you?”


“Not unless you intend on taking me with you.” She smirked. John who is near the phone laughed and shook his head and he reached over and picked up the cordless phone.


“Here Ky, catch.” He said. Kyle looked at him just on time to see him throw the phone toward him. Kyle caught it and he turned on the phone and dialed the nearest pizza place and ordered pizza to be delivered. When he hung up he wrapped both arms around Ashley again and kissed her lips gently.


“You’re so spoiled you know that?”


“Only because you make me that way baby.” She smiled up at him sweetly. He chuckled a bit and shook his head, than he rested his forehead against hers and placed his hand to her leg and gently rubbed it as she wears her green and black plaid skirt and fishnet stockings and she still has her legs dangling over the arm rest. She closed her eyes in relaxation. Everyone was silent for a while until suddenly thunder crashed and a few seconds later lightning struck causing the entire sky to light up and Ashley suddenly looked excited.


“Yay!” She exclaimed happily and Stephanie laughed.


“Kyyyle I want to go out there pleeeeeease?”


“Again? It’s storming out baby.”


“Just underneath the porch. I want to sit and watch the lightning. Pleeeeeease?”


“Okay, okay we’ll go out there.” He replied before she could do anymore begging and he got up, put her down and took her hand and he led her out into the front yard. Everyone else got up and went with them. Kyle led her over to the railing of the porch and she leaned against it as he remained behind her. He wrapped his arms around her waist and rested his chin against her shoulder and she leaned back comfortably against his chest.


"Where the hell is Greg?? He’s supposed to have my baby back by now!" Nikki exclaimed on her way outside, as she suddenly realized its almost 11:00--way past Seth's bed time, which is 9:30.


"Hey Nik, calm down. He probably fell asleep again." Kyle assured her.


"Whatever, you know he’s lying EVERYTIME he uses that excuse. That dumbass..." Nikki let out a low growl as she leaned up against Matt who was leaning on the railing. Matt draped an arm around her and kissed her temple.


"He'll be back, Greg would never let him get hurt." Ashley sighed looking at her best friend. Nikki always was stressed over something, and it seemed like she was a 45 year old woman going through menopause. Kyle wrapped his arms around her waist and kissed the back of her neck softly.


"What'cha thinkin' baby?" Ashley shook her head in response not wanting to talk about it. Her not telling him only made him even more concerned than ever. He turned her around to face him and gently tilted her head back so she’s looking him in the eyes.


"What’s wrong?"


"Nothing."


"Really? I bet if I asked Nikki she'd tell me there was something bothering you."


"Why don't you just leave everyone out of it?" Kyle gave Ashley a look of frustration.


"I don’t want to talk about it alright? Drop it." She snapped quietly, than she gently pushed him away and went over to the railing and jumped up onto it so she’s sitting inches away from Matt. Kyle sighed and went over to her wrapping her arms around her waist and he whispered into her ear.


"I'm sorry." Not replying Ashley wrapped her arms around his neck and she rested her chin on his shoulder and just sat there listening to the different discussions going on and Kyle kissed her forehead.


"You've got to be kidding me! God damnit! The fucker needs to learn
how to answer his fucking PHONE!" Again Nikki shouted angrily, closing her cell phone and pulling away from Matt.

"C'mon babe, you need to calm down. Greg probably has a good excuse." Matt pulled her back into him by her waist and rested his chin on her head. Then the sound of crunching gravel was heard and two headlights shined through the heavy rain onto the house. Greg climbed out of the car with no coat on went to the other side to grab Seth. He seemed to be fussing because he was tired. As he hurried to bring Seth out of the rain, his pace slowed as he saw the furious eyes of Nikki. She didn't say a word to Greg as he took Seth into the house and changed him into his pajamas and put him to bed.

"Nik, I really don't think you need to make a big deal about this." Kyle said to his older sister, but bit his lip when she gave him an icy glare.

"Don't tell me to not make a big deal outta this, it's a HUGE deal. How many times has Greg done this, huh? HOW MANY?! I'm sick and tired of him being an irresponsible parent!" Then Greg appeared from the house, not looking at Nikki.

"Hey look, I'm sorry Nikki--"

"SORRY?! You're SORRY! How wonderful Greg, because that just changes EVERYTHING!" Nikki laughed bitterly. Greg sighed.


"We both fell asleep when we were watching IT. You have no reason to freak out."


"OH, I have NO reason. There's a fucking thing called a PHONE GREG!"



"I'm sorry, I didn't think about it." he replied, running a hand through his hair. Nikki rolled her eyes,



"And why in the hell did you let him watch IT?! You know he can't watch any movie about clowns! He's going to have nightmares! Are you fucking STUPID?!"


"Well I'm sorry I can't be the fucking perfect parent like you NIKKI! Since you don't seem to make any FUCKING MISTAKES!" Nikki pushed Greg up against the railing on the other side of the porch



"You better just shut your fucking mouth before I do it for you!"



"Oh you will huh? I fucking dare you…” Greg glared down at her, his eyes turning dark and Nikki stumbled back. Matt stepped in and pushed Nikki behind him. "Don't you fucking touch her, EVER! Just get the fuck outta here before you do something you're gonna regret." Before anyone else could make a move, Nikki took off into the rain and into the woods behind her house.


“See, NOW look what you did! Why don’t you just go home before you screw anything else up?!” Matt shouted at him, and then took off running into the woods after her. Greg growled in low angered tone before punching his fist into a near by wall in anger and he ran to his car, got in, slammed the door shut and he started the car and drove out of the driveway and down the road nosily. Ashley started toward the woods but Kyle pulled her to him by her waist.


“What do you think you’re doing?”


“I want to go see if Nik is okay.”


“No, just let Matt take care of it. Who knows how far into the woods she’s run off to. You could get yourself lost.”



That is all. What do you think? Let me know and I will give you a cookie ;)