- Text Size +
Chapter Nineteen


“Nicole STOP you’re going to get yourself killed!” Matt shouted after Nikki as he chases after her through the dark vacant woods. The rain is pouring down hard on top of them, the sounds of angry thunder could be heard all around them every few seconds and lightning could be seen lighting up the entire sky. It’s so cold outside that he can see his breath in the air when he speaks. The trees that surround them are shaking violently in the wind and are very much capable of falling over.


“Oh I could only be so lucky!” She shouted back through tears, as she does not stop running.


“Goddamnit don’t you DARE talk like that!”


“I’ll talk ANYWAY I want to talk, Matthew and there’s NOTHING you can do to stop me!” Nikki growled, as she finally stopped and she turned and looked at him with an icy glare. “Dying would be a WHOLE lot better then staying on this earth and having to deal with that fucking asshole at home!”


“You don’t mean what you are saying. Please, just come here and I will take you home.” He replied, trying his very hardest to stay calm.


“No! I am NOT going anywhere I JUST want to be left alone!”


“Think about what you are doing Nik! Think about it. Think about Seth do you really want to leave him?” Suddenly Matt noticed the tree she’s standing next to crack.


“Nikki MOVE!” He shouted with a horrified expression on his face.


“FUCK OFF Matthew!” She shouted, as she didn’t notice what is happening to the tree. She is much too upset to even notice.


“NOW Damnit I don’t want to lose you!” He shouted back in so much anger and tears streamed down his cheek. Suddenly lightning struck the tree and it began to fall over just as he expected.


“Nikki!” He shouted and then went running toward her. She finally looked at the tree and suddenly screamed in horror and he dove toward her and pushed her out of the way causing her to fall back onto the ground with him landing on top of her and he sheltered her just as the tree had landed a few inches away from them--just barely missing them. Nikki held onto Matt tight and just broke down into tears and cried harder then she already was, and he lay there just holding her and letting her cry.



~*~*~*~*~


Meanwhile back at the house, the pizza man finally arrived with the pizza and Kyle paid him while John grabbed the boxes of pizza and brought them inside with Stephanie and Ashley following. After Kyle had paid the guy he went inside too shutting the door behind him.


“Do you think Nik is okay? They’ve been gone for a really long time.” Ashley asked worriedly as she sits on the floor in the living room.


“I’m sure she is baby, Matt wouldn’t let anything bad happen to her. He loves her.” Kyle reassured her as he walks in there with his hands full of paper plates. Ashley didn’t reply, she only folded her arms and sat there staring at the floor with a very bad feeling in her stomach.


“Ashee Ky is right, please don’t worry so much.” Stephanie spoke up.


“She is my best friend. It is in my job description to worry.” Stephanie sighed as she sat across from Ashley sitting on the floor too wrapped in John’s arms as she sits between his legs. She hates it that her best friend worries so much. She worries A LOT, but mostly when it comes to Nikki. It’s amazing she doesn’t get herself sick from worrying so much. Kyle grabbed two paper plates and he got both his and Ashley’s pizza before going and sitting next to her. He handed her, her plate and then wrapped an arm around her allowing her to scoot closer to him and rest her head against his shoulder. She sat there with her plate in her lap just staring down at her pizza in silence. She is in no mood to eat. Not when she knows her friend is out there in the storm doing god knows what. After fifteen minutes had gone by the front door opened and everyone looked at it to see Matt walk in with his arm wrapped around Nikki who has tears rolling down her cheek still—the both of them sopping wet from the rain. Nikki went upstairs to change into dry clothes and Matt took off his shirt and walked into the living room as everyone still looks at him with concerned looks.


“Is she all right?” John was the first to ask.


“Not really…” Matt sighed. “She just barely got hit by a tree but luckily I have fast reflexes…”


“Oh god…” Ashley replied softly and Kyle looked down at her and gently rubbed his hand over her arm and he leaned down and kissed her forehead. Matt grabbed two paper plates and he got him and Nikki both some pizza, then he went upstairs. As soon as he got up there he knocked softly on her door.


“Come in…” Nikki answered softly, and Matt opened the door and walked in to find her lying across her bed now wearing dry clothes. He went and sat next to her handing her, her plate and she sat up and scooted closer to him before lying her head in his lap and she placed her plate in her lap and looked up at him. He leaned down and kissed her forehead.


“I’m sorry…” she apologized and Matt shook his head.


“Don’t be…you were upset.” Not replying she continued to lay there gazing up into his light brown eyes, and she can’t help but get lost in them.


“Do you want to talk about it?” He asked gently and she shook her head.


“I don’t feel like talking Mattie…just sit here with me for a while please?” Matt nodded and the two of them sat there eating their pizza together in silence. Nikki still lying there with her head in his lap and her plate against her legs. After an hour had gone by a soft knock was heard at the door. Nikki and Matt both looked at it just as it opened and Ashley and Kyle peeked their heads in.


“Can we come in?” Ashley asked softly.


“Of course Ashee,” Nikki replied and Ashley walked in pulling Kyle with her as she has a hold of his hand.


“Are you okay?” She asked, as the two of them sit down on the bed too.


“I’ll live,” Nikki answered and she sat up and wrapped her arms around Ashley and she hugged her gently.


“Stop worrying all right? You could give yourself an ulcer for worrying as much as you do you know.”


“I wasn’t worrying that much…”


“Yeah that’s a bunch of bull,” Kyle spoke up. “Both John and Stephanie as my witness you WERE worrying that much.” Not replying Ashley lay back in Kyle’s arms and he wrapped his arms around her and leaned down and kissed her lips gently and she returned it. When he pulled away she snuggled comfortably against his chest. Nikki who is done eating her pizza sat her plate down and she reached over and grabbed her laptop, turned it on and began to check her mail and stuff.


“Speaking of John and Stephanie, where are they?” Matt questioned curiously.


“They decided to go to bed early. They were being all lovey dovey so I don’t even want to know what they’re up to.”


“Oh,” Matt laughed.


“DUDE!” Nikki suddenly exclaimed, causing everybody to look at her.


“What?” Ashley asked curiously.


“WARPED is coming here in a week from now! A WEEK!”


“Whoa! We HAVE to go to that!” Ashley demanded with wide eyes, as she has never been to a warped concert in her life—her mom would never let her.


“Yeah definitely! We’ve gotta take Ashee to her first warped concert!” Nikki agreed.


“You’ve never been to one, Ash?” Matt asked in shock.


“No…” Ashley scowled. “My Mom would never let me.”


“Why not?” Kyle questioned curiously.


“I don’t know… I guess she was worried about me getting trampled on or something…” Kyle suddenly wrapped Ashley tight in his arms.


“I’ll protect you baby—no one can trample you when I’m there. Nope. I’ll kick their Asses if they even lay a hand on ya.” Ashley smiled up at him.


“Yes I know that’s why I like you so much…I feel safe with you.”


“Nik, try to get tickets online.” Kyle replied.


“Okay,” Nikki said and did just that and Ashley closed her eyes in relaxation as she could fall asleep right there in Kyle’s arms if she had the chance. He’s so comfortable and that’s one of the many reasons why she loves him—he’s just as comfortable as a teddy bear.


Review please and I will forever be your friend.