- Text Size +
Chapter Twenty:


“NOOO! Momma HELP! THEY’RE going to GETS me! HELP!” Seth’s frightened voice was suddenly heard from in the other room and just a few seconds later, Nikki’s bedroom door opened and a frightened five year old came flying into the room. He looked around frantically for his Momma as tears stream from his eyes and when he saw her he flung himself into her arms, clung to her tight and cried. A very concerned Nikki wrapped her arms tight around Seth and held him close and she gently rubbed his back.


“Seth baby calm down, who is going to get you?”


“CLOWNS! Lots of them! They’re OUTS to get me!” Nikki sighed now knowing Seth was having a nightmare because of the movie his irresponsible father had let him watch earlier.


“Baby that was just a dream, there are no clowns out to get you I promise.” She reassured him gently.


“Yes there is Momma!” he insisted. “They in my room.”


“If there were clowns in this house buddy I would surely scare them off. There’s no way Id let them harm you.” Matt spoke up and Seth looked at him with watery eyes and an unsure look on his face.


“They sneaky.”


“Come on Seth, I will show you that there aren’t any clowns in your room.” Nikki replied, and she got up still holding Seth and she carried him into his room. When she got in there he held onto her tight and rested his head against her shoulder. She turned on the light.


“See? No scary clowns in here.”


“Under bed.” Nikki carried him over to his bed, put him down and then got down on her knees and looked under his bed.


“Nope. There is nothing under here except for your Chuck Taylors. See for yourself.” Seth slowly crouched onto the floor and he cautiously peeked under the bed. When he saw nothing he looked at her.


“See? Your room is perfectly safe. Now why don’t you try to go back to sleep?”


“Kay…” He replied with an unsure look on his face. She picked him up and laid him back in bed. She was about to cover him up but was suddenly stopped.


“NO!!”


“What?? What’s wrong now?”


“Wants Auntie Ashee to tuck me in.” Nikki rolled her eyes but was smiling as she went and peeked her head out in the hall.


“Auntie Ashee you are needed in here!”


“Coming!” Ashley replied, and a few seconds later Ashley came into the room pulling Kyle a long.


“What’s up?”


“Seth wants you to tuck him in.”


“Ooh okay I would love to.” Ashley replied while smiling sweetly at Seth and he smiled back. She went over to him and covered him up.


“Will you stay in here and make scary clowns go away when they come back?” Seth begged with a frightened expression on his face.


“Aww, kiddo you’ll be just fine I promise.”


“Nuh uh,” Seth disagreed and he shook his head.


“Yeah huh. Cause your Uncle Kyle is here and so is Matt and no clown would EVER go near them.”


“Yeah buddy I’ll be watching. If they come near you I’ll fight them away.” Kyle reassured.


“You promise?”


“Of course. No clown will even set foot outside your bedroom door or I’ll tell Kyle to hang them over a boiling pot by their toes and we’ll all watch them scream and we won’t let them go until they promise never to bother you again.” Ashley told him and Seth smiled really big at this.


“Really??”


“Uh huh. So why don’t you get some sleep now okay? And we’ll wake you up if its time for clown stew.”


“Okay,” Seth replied happily and Ashley smiled and recovered him up and then she stood up from sitting on her knees. Nikki kissed Seth’s forehead.


“Good night baby.”


“Good night Momma,” Seth said softly and not even a second later he was asleep. Nikki, Kyle, and Ashley all walked out of the room turning the light off behind them and they shut the door just a crack.


“Clown Stew…where do you come up with that stuff?” Kyle laughed. Ashley smiled and shrugged.


“It got the kid to sleep, didn’t it?”


“Well yeah, but you just got one weird imagination, babe.”


“She’s one of a kind, that’s for sure.” Nikki replied as she wraps her arm around her best friend and the two of them went in her room to find Matt sitting in there on Nikki’s lap top.


“Did you buy the tickets, Nik?” Ashley asked as the three of them joined Matt on the bed.


“Yes, but its late now. We should start getting ready for bed and stuff. Ash since Greg went home do you want to move into the guest room now?”


“Yes I do.”


“Okay, I’ll help you move your stuff in there.” Nikki replied, and the two of them gathered all of Ashley’s stuff up. Kyle went in his room and Matt walked up behind Nikki, wrapped his arms around her waist from behind and kissed the top of her head.


“I’m going home. I’ll see you in the morning okay?”


“Are you sure? Its storming out.”


“Its just right next door, I’ll survive.”


“Okay…” She said and then turned around in his arms and she hugged him tight. He returned the hug. The two of them stood there together for a few minutes just hugging, then when he finally pulled away he left the room and Nikki looked at Ashley to find her standing there all ready looking at her and smiling.


“What?” She questioned, while raising her eyebrow.


“Nothing,” Ashley answered while shaking her head as she still has a huge ass smile on her face.


“Yeah right.”


“What? Can’t I smile without being interrogated about it?” Ashley laughed.


“I know you, Ash.”


“And I know you too! Glad we got that out in the open! Phew! I feel SO much better now!” Nikki shook her head smiling.


“Smart-ass.”


“That’s me!” Ashley said cheerfully as she grabs a pile of her clothes and hurries off into the guest room.


“Hey! Come back you, you never answered my question!” Nikki called after her. She grabbed a pile of Ashley’s stuff and took off running after her. She could hear Ashley laughing from in the other room. When she got in the room she found it empty but the pile of clothes Ashley had is lying in the middle of the bed so she knows she’s in there somewhere.


“Okay, where are you hiding?” She asked and began to search the room for her. She checked under the bed first, and when she didn’t find her there, she went to the closet, opened it up and began to look in there. Ashley smirked and came out from hiding behind the door and she quietly snuck up behind Nikki. When Nikki didn’t find her in the closet she turned around.


“BOO!” Ashley shouted, and Nikki screamed in horror and jumped back and Ashley laughed hysterically.


“Oh that was SO not cool!” Nikki laughed and Ashley smiled sweetly.


“I thought it was funny.”


“Yeah, Yeah.” Nikki replied. “Lets just continue getting you moved in here, eh?” The two of them spent the next ten minutes moving Ashley’s stuff into her new room and when they finished Nikki went into her own and Ashley shut the door and began to get ready for bed.



~*~*~*~



Kyle who had gone into his room along time ago laid in his bed for a half n hour looking in a car magazine and he kept an eye on the crack underneath Nikki’s door where her light shined through. When the light finally turned off he waited a few minutes until he was sure she was asleep, then he got up and walked out of his room and down the hall to Ashley’s new room. He saw the door open just a crack and knocked quietly before peeking in. Ashley who is lying in her bed writing in her notebook looked up at him and smiled at his appearance. He smiled back.


“I thought you could use some company,” He announced, as he walked in the room shutting the door behind him.


“What if Nikki catches you in here?”


“I waited till I saw her turn her light off. Besides, I’ll go back in my room after you fall asleep.” He explained, and he went over to the empty side of her bed. She held the covers up and he crawled in bed and wrapped her gently in his arms. She rested her head against his chest and snuggled close to him.


“So I heard you were being a smart-ass. What were you smiling about huh?” Ashley smirked.


“I was watching Matt and Nikki hug. I think they are the cutest couple ever even if they aren’t together anymore. He makes her happy, have you noticed? Like REALLY happy.”


“I have, and even though she’s sworn up and down that she will never take him back I don’t believe it for a second.”


“I think tonight’s incident has brought them closer together and maybe, just MAYBE something might happen between them sometime soon. That’s what I was smiling about… when I saw how close they are together it got my hopes up. Id give anything to see her happy again.” Kyle smiled and kissed Ashley’s forehead and he hugged her close.


“What about you? You haven’t been very happy lately yourself.” Ashley shrugged.


“Nikki’s happiness is more important than mine. That’s all I care about.” Kyle looked into her light brown eyes for a couple of minutes, then he pulled the blanket over their heads, and rolled over so he’s lying on top of her with her wrapped in his arms and he leaned down and began to place soft kisses on her neck. Ashley tilted her head back giving him better access as she wraps her arms around him in return.


“Well your happiness is what I care about,” He informed her between kisses. “I don’t care if it takes me a lifetime I’m going to do everything I can to make you happy.”


“Just being here with you makes me happy all by itself, you have no idea.” Kyle rested his forehead against hers and gazed into her light brown eyes for a couple of minutes before bringing is lips down on hers in a soft kiss and she returned it making it deeper.



~*~*~*~


The next day Ashley awoke around 10:00 to find Kyle no longer beside her. He had snuck back into his room early in the morning before the sun was even up. She lay there looking around the room for a while trying to wake up, and when she finally did she crawled out of bed and got dressed into a black over sized t-shirt that says The Ramone’s in red letters and she tied it with a scrunchie so it wasn’t so long on her. She put on a matching red skirt and she brushed her hair real quick before going downstairs. When she got down there she found Nikki and Stephanie down there a long with two other people who she assumes are her parents who had finally come home.


“Hey…” Ashley spoke nervously as she didn’t expect to find them home today. She would have made herself look a bit nicer.


“Hey Ashee, sleep well?” Nikki asked as she can sense her friend’s nervousness. She got up and went to hug her.


“Yeah,” Ashley answered while never taking her eyes off of Nikki’s parents who never took their eyes off her either. Nikki turned and looked at them.


“Ash, this is my Mom and Step Dad, Caslyn and Kenny. Mom, Kenny this is my best friend Ashley.” She introduced.


There you go! Hope you enjoyed! Review and you'll get a cookie!