- Text Size +
Chapter Nine: Never Underestimate a short person


After what seemed like ten minutes that Ashley pulled away from Kyle's kiss, She smiled up at him sweetly. He chuckled a bit, as he rested his forehead against hers, and wraps his arms around her waist pulling her close.

"What are you smiling for?" He asked her.

"I don't know....you just really make me happy." She answered softly, as she shrugs her shoulders. He smiled too, as she told him that.

"Good. You deserve all the happiness in the world, and I'm glad I cause it." Ashley brought a hand up and began to gently rake her fingers through his wet dark brown hair, as she stares into his beautiful blue eyes that she loves so much. She placed her hand to his cheek and brought his lips down on hers for another soft kiss before again looking into his eyes.

"You deserve happiness too."

"Well you keep being as beautiful and sweet as you're, and i'll be forever happy." Ashley smiled even bigger at what he said, and she wrapped her legs around his waist as he had moved into the deeper part of the water where she can't feel the ground, but he can, considering hes 5'11 and shes only 5'0.

"Whats the matter? can't touch the ground anymore baby?" He teased.

"You're a meanie." She pouted. He laughed at her pouting and placed gentle kisses on her forehead.

"I'm kidding honey, don't be sad." She smirked, as she now had an evil plot, and he noticed the evil look in her eyes right away.

"What are you up to?"

"Nothing baby, why would I be up to something?"

"I dont know...you tell me." She shrugged her shoulders.

"I'm not up to anything Ky, don't worry." He looked into her eyes for a couple of minutes not being sure if he can believe that.

"....Okay." She again brought his lips down on hers for a passionate kiss. He moaned softly at the intense kiss she was giving him, and immediatly relaxed forgetting about the evil look in his girlfriends eyes. Just as soon as she pulled away she playfully dunked him under water.

"Hey!" He whined, once he had come up and Ashley just giggled.

"Thats it, you're going to pay for that!" As soon as she saw that he was serious, Ashley screamed and began to swim away from him, and he went after her. Nikki who had saw the entire thing laughed.

"Run Ashee!" Ashley soon reached the side of the pool and she tried jumping up, but since the side walk is wet she only slipped back into the pool. Kyle was catching up to her and almost grabbed her, but suddenly someone grabbed a hold of her hands and pulled her out of the water. She looked up to see it was Greg. As soon as Greg put her down on the ground Ashley continued to run not caring if it was Greg who had helped her up. At this point she was just thankful he was on her side. Kyle Jumped out of the pool having an easier time than Ashley, and continued to run after her. He chased her around the pool once not catching her at all, than she ran into the house after grabbing a towel and wrapping it around her and he grabbed a towel too and went in after her. Nikki shook her head smiling as she looked at everyone else.

"Those two are crazy."

"Yeah--the perfect couple." Matt laughed.

~*~*~*~*~

Ashley who was still running from Kyle ran up the stairs and into Nikki's room. She was about to shut the door, but Kyle dove into the room before she could. Ashley screamed, and went running toward the side door where his room is at, but he grabbed her hand. She screamed once more. He was about to pick her up, but she dropped to the ground and crawled under his legs.

"Hey!" Kyle whined once more, and Ashley just giggled and jumped to her feet and started running again. He turned around and went after her.

"Never under estimate a short person!" She said, as she still ran. She ran into Kyle's room and he caught up to her. He picked her up and playfully threw her onto the bed sending her into a fit of laughter. She was about to jump up from the bed, but he gently pushed her back down and crawled on top of her so hes stradling her. He grabbed one of his pillows and began to playfully hit her with it. She just laughed hysterically. When he finally stopped he took her hands and brought them up above her head and laid them out on the bed lacing her fingers with his, as he stared down at her in victory.

"Now what were you saying?" He asked, as he leaned down and kissed her lips gently, before staring into her light brown eyes once more.

"Never under estimate a short person." She answered, while bravely looking up at him.

"Nah, I believe you were saying Kyle is the greatest, and you just adore him so much." Ashley giggled.

"But baby, that would be lying." She teased. He narrowed his eyes, and she just laughed once more.

"You'll pay for that too!" He demanded playfully, than he got up and picked her up over his shoulder and he carried her down the stairs, as she hangs upside down over his shoulder. Once he had her outside everyone looked at them.

"Help! Nikki! Your brother is torturing me!" Nikki just laughed, and Kyle went to the edge of the pool where the deep end is, and he threw Ashley into the water, her screaming the entire way in, until she hit the water and went underneith. Once she came up Kyle was the one laughing now. Ashley scowled, and splashed him with water. She went to the side of the pool and tried getting up but again the side walk is wet, and she slipped back in.

"Kyle heeelp," She whined. He chuckled a bit.

"Awww poor baby." He replied, than he held out his hands to her. She took a hold of them and he pulled her back out of the water and wrapped her in his arms as she was now shivering.

"Cold..." She pouted. He brought her over to the lounge chair she was sitting on earlier with Stephanie and Nikki, and he grabbed her towel she was using earlier and wrapped it around her.

"That better?" He asked gently. She nodded, and he kissed her lips gently before helping her sit in the empty spot on the lounge chair next to Nikki.

"I'll be right back--I'm going to get the sour cream and onion chips. Do you want your hershey bars?" Ashley nodded her responce.

"Ky, bring the recess peanut butter cups too please." Nikki replied.

"Bring the entire bag of junk food." Nathan added.

"And baby, dont forget my dr pepper." Ashley said sweetly. Kyle laughed.

"What am I everyone's slave?"

"No, just mine." Ashley teased causing everyone to laugh.

"Haha, funny." Kyle replied.

"And you just threw me into the pool too, therefore you've been bad. You shall be severely punished." Kyle smiled and shook his head, than he went inside the house. He returned a few minutes later with the bag of junk food and Ashley's dr pepper. He went and sat behind Ashley allowing her to scoot back and sit between his legs. He put the bag down in the middle of everyone and handed Ashley her dr pepper. Nathan handed her the box of hershey bars as well. Ashley leaned back against Kyle's chest, and rested the back of her head against his shoulder as she looks up at him.

"So I'm your slave huh?" He asked, while smirking a bit.

"Yes, and you've been bad. You shall be punished severely." He chuckled a bit and she placed his hand to his cheek.

"VERY severely." She said softly, than she brought his lips down on hers for a very deep kiss.

"Well so far I'm liking your punishment." He laughed. She smiled up at him, than she looked at everyone else to discover Greg gone.

"Where is Gregory?" She asked curiously.

"He just went to put Seth to bed." Nikki answered. "It might be awhile because he had two naps today."

"Ah I see."

"Ash--since when did you have tattoos and a belly button ring? When I talked to you on the internet a few days ago you were saying that you only had your ears pierced." Stephanie asked curiously, as she had just noticed Ashley's tattoos and belly button ring. Ashley smiled.

"I just got them today when Nik and I went shopping at the mall."

"Ohhh thats awesome. I like the chinese symbol. Its kinda like mine--mine means family, what does yours mean?" Stephanie asked curiously.

"Yeah Ash, what does it mean? I was wondering the same thing." Nikki asked.

"Its Kyle's name." Ashley answered, while looking up at him, as hes tracing the outline of it with his finger. He suddenly looked at her.

"Really?" Kyle asked, with a small smile on his face.

"Mm hmm."

"Awww," Stephanie replied.

"I also have a rose on my back." Ashley added, as she leans forward so everyone can see.

"Yup yup, I saw that earlier." Kyle replied. "And a gothic fairy on her right shoulder blade." suddenly Greg came back outside sighing in relief, and everyone looked at him.

"That kid is NEVER having two naps in one day again." Greg demanded, and Nikki just laughed.

"Have troubles?"

"Oh yeah--the kid was full of energy."

"But hes asleep now?"

"Yeah, finally."

"Good." Ashley suddenly noticed Nathan walking toward the door to the house and he was near the pool. She grinned evilly and Stephanie noticed this.

"Ash? What are you up to? I know that look..."

"Shhh" Ashley said, while placing her finger to her lips, than she got up and slowly began to sneak up on Nathan.

"Uh Oh..." Nikki laughed, knowing exactly what she was going to do. As soon as she was right behind Nathan, he suddenly heard foot steps. Ashley became aware of this. Nathan turned around to see who it was, and Ashley swiftly moved behind him again as if she was his shadow. Nathan looked at everyone with a raised eyebrow, and everyone tried there very hardest to keep a straight face. He studied everyone carefully, and suddenly noticed Ashley was missing.

"Where is Ashley?" he asked suspiciously.

"She went inside." Nikki answered, covering for her friend.

"Nuh uh... I would've seen her pass me by..."

"You just weren't paying attention then, because she is inside." Kyle replied. Nathan looked at everyone suspiciously still.

"What is she doing inside?"

"Going to the bathroom. Would you like a full description of what she was doing in the bathroom too? cause you'll have to wait till she comes back out for that." Nikki replied, as she has an annoyed tone in her voice. Nathan gave Nikki a dirty look, and she shot one right back, than he went to turn around to go inside again, and just as he was turning around Ashley suddenly shoved him into the pool, and he screamed the whole way in until he went under water, sending everyone into a fit of laughter. Nathan came up spitting out water, and he looked at Ashley who was giggling uncontrollably.

"You BRAT, I had my clothes on and everything!" He said in so much anger. Ashley laughed.

"Awww poor THING, you got your CLOTHES all wet. Cry me a river and build me a fricken bridge to get over it."

"Oh...thats it. You're SO dead!" he threatend, and wasn't playing around either. He jumped out of the pool. Ashley who didnt see any sign that he was messing around became frightend. She quickly ran over to Kyle.

"Kyle help!" She begged, and flew into his arms. He wrapped protective arms around her as he knew Nathan wasn't playing.

"Dude, chill out. It was just a joke!" Kyle demanded.

"NO! I won't chill out! I'm sick of that bitch giving me dirty looks every chance she gets, calling me names and saying REALLY mean things about me, I'm sick of her doing all this stuff and getting away with it, yet I can't do anything back because she gets all sensitive! I'm sick of it!" Nathan yelled.

"Oh, No you did NOT just call her a bitch." Nikki replied, as anger and rage was slowly building up inside her.

"YEAH I did! and I meant every word of it! What are you going to do about it??" Nikki started to get up and go after him, but both Greg and Matt held her back down.

"You better fucking shut up and apologize to Ashley Nathan, or I'll release Nikki!" Greg demanded. "And you know damn straight that she can kick your ass! Shes done it before, and you KNOW she won't hold back on doing it again!"

"Dude, Greg, why are you even defending her?? She treats you the same way!"

"Because, I don't let it bother me thats why! You obviously dont know what shes been through but I do, and I understand why she gets sensitive like that. Maybe you should get to know her before you blow up on her like that. She was just messing around, can't you take a fucking joke?? Shes a sweet and innocent girl and never means any harm, and if you took the time to get to know her you'd know that! She may not like me and treats me like shit, but I'm not going to beat the crap out of someone who is much smaller than I am, and doesn't even mean any harm. THINK about it." Nathan growled, as he was so frustrated and angry, and he stormed into the house slamming the door shut.

"Oohh if he wakes my baby up, I swear to god..." Nikki threatened.

"Nikki, calm down." Stephanie replied, while taking her hand into hers. Nikki took a few deep breaths trying to control her anger, and when she finally did calm down she looked at Greg with a raised eyebrow.

"What?" Greg asked curiously.

"That was very sweet of you... what you said about Ashley..." She informed him, as she looks at him smiling now. Greg smiled a little bit and shrugged his shoulders.

"Did you really mean all that? or were you just saying that to be the peace maker?"

"I meant it all..." Greg answered, as he looks over at Ashley who is wrapped in Kyle's arms and has her head rested against his shoulder. She looked at him in so much confusion. She is incredibly mean and nasty towards him--why does he care about her? She wondered to herself. After awhile she looked up at Kyle, and he looked down at her.

"You okay baby?" He asked gently. Ashley nodded her responce, and he leaned down and kissed her lips gently. He wrapped her towel around her as he has her cradled in his lap, and she again rested her head against his shoulder. Everyone sat around talking for awhile, than they all got in the pool and began to swim again.