- Text Size +
Waking suddenly from his nightmare, Nick wiped the sweat off his brow. This was not the first time he had had this nightmare, but he certainly hoped it would be the last. He looked at Mandy sleeping soundly next to him; he had not disturbed her sleep, for which he was thankful.
Nick got out of bed and made his way into the kitchen for a glass of water. He sat down at the table and put his head in his hands and thought about the only thing on his mind at the time, the dream. He was dressed as a peasant would be dressed in the medieval era.

It was always the same every time he dreamt it. He would be taken by the guards and dragged to the castle. Inside he would be thrown down in front of the king and queen. When he looked up he would see the king with an evil sneer on his face; the face of the queen, however, looked as helpless as he would feel.

The king would say something to him and in the direction of the queen as well, and then he would call the guards back. Nick would then be dragged to the dungeon where he would be tortured. He could feel the pain that they inflicted in the dream, the pain of a thousand lashes on his back. The first ones hurt the most, then his back numbed to the pain and he thought he could handle more. When he started to feel like the whips could no longer sting his numb back, he would be strapped down to a table, and he felt his limbs pulled from his body. It was the pain he felt from this that would rip him out of his nightmare and back to reality.

What could this dream possibly mean to him? He had to know.