- Text Size +
Lorena had spent most of the night re-reading the book The Law of Love. There had to be some reason she had packed that book instead of her dream book. After finishing chapter seven, Lorena put the book down and started to think. How could she be so blind to not see it? She couldn't believe it had taken her that long to think that her dreams could mean something else. Instead of normal dreams, they very well could be past-life memories.
With a burst of sudden energy, she jumped up off her bed and started to pack; after all, she still had to go home that day. She wanted to try and catch Nick before he left for the next concert venue to tell him what she thought the dreams could be. Pulling her long hair back in a ponytail, she pulled a new shirt out of her newly-packed suitcase and made her way out the door, luggage in hand.

*****

Pulling Nick's naked body closer to her, Mandy felt secure in her position as his girlfriend. No one could do to Nick what she could, and she knew it. She could feel Nick start to wake up, and she wanted to shower before he got in the bathroom. Giving Nick a soft slap on his ass, she headed to the shower.

*****

Lorena sat in the lobby with her book hiding her face, watching the crowds walk by, hoping to catch Nick before he left. It didn't take long for her to recognize him coming off the elevator. Before thinking, she bolted from her chair and caught up to him quickly.

"Nick, about our dreams with each other in them. They may be more than that, they could be past-life memories." The words flew from her mouth.

Nick stood gasping at Lorena and what she just said. He couldn't believe she just ran up to him in the lobby of the hotel and blurted out that he was having dreams about her, especially since Mandy had just stepped off the elevator and he could feel her icy glare on his back.

He watched as Lorena and Mandy stood looking at each other the way women do when they know they are competing for one guy. "Nick, would you like to explain the meaning of this twit's comment?" Mandy finally said.

"Twit? Oh, I'll show you what this twit is capable of," Lorena shouted back. She made a move towards Mandy, but Nick stepped between them. Turning to face Mandy, Nick prayed Lorena could forgive him for what he was going to do.

"Mandy, she's just a fan having obsessive delusions about me. You know how some of these people get. It's best to just ignore her and leave it at that."

Not believing her ears, Lorena could only stand there as Nick and Mandy walked away. When they reached the door, Nick looked back to see Lorena standing, frozen in the spot he left her, shocked at his words. He tried to give her a pleading look, but was met with eyes full of tears.

*****

Rubbing his eyes as he awoke, A.J. tried not to think about his dream from the previous night. Dreams like that he tried to promptly forget, because they were confusing and he didn't like to think about something as confusing as a dream anyway.

The tour was moving on today, and A.J. still had to pack. He took one look at his bags and sighed. Packing would be easier if he didn't insist upon making a mess when he got into his hotel rooms. He picked up a shirt crumpled on the floor and wiped the back of his neck with it; for some reason he felt very sticky on the back of his neck. Must have had something to do with his dream.

He threw his shirt in his suitcase and quickly packed everything else away. Looking down at himself, he noticed that he was not wearing anything that would be suitable to face fans in. He re-opened his suitcase and pulled out a pair of jeans and a t-shirt. Finding his hat and sunglasses on the dresser, he threw those on as well and made his way to the buses.

Before climbing aboard the bus, A.J. spied Nick and Mandy walking out of the hotel hand in hand. A.J. sneered at the scene, then got aboard the bus and slumped in a seat to continue napping.