- Text Size +
The long car ride to Denver would be unbearable for Lorena if she didn't have her favorite CD to listen to in the car and a concert for that group at the end of her journey. She was not going to the concert in Denver; that would have been too easy and, of course, would have made sense. But her friends all lived in different states, so they found a state that was the closest to the middle and decided to meet up there for the concert. That state happened to be Ohio, and Lorena had to get to Denver or she would miss her plane.
On the plane she took her CD with her and listened to it several times. She felt so attached to the Backstreet Boys because of the friendships she had made because of them. If she hadn't 'discovered' them then she and her friends would have not had something to really bond over. Because of them and listening to their music and lusting over the guys, they had gotten to know each other better and even made new friends they wouldn't have met otherwise. It was for those reasons Lorena wouldn't stop listening to them.

She got to the hotel where she and her friends were supposed to meet and got the key to the room she was sharing with her best friend who would be coming in from New York. She threw her stuff down on the floor and flung herself down on a bed and took a well-deserved nap; the concert wasn't until tomorrow evening anyway.

When she awoke she was still alone in the room.

When was her flight? she asked herself. She turned on the television and sat there, frustrated that there was no one to talk to and really nothing to do. Maybe one of her other friends had arrived. She called down to the front desk and asked about the people that were planning to stay in the other room, as well as her roommate.

"I'm sorry, ma'am, the patrons in room 202 cancelled their reservations, and the other young woman from room 407 called and left a message saying she had to regretfully cancel."

She couldn't believe it. All of her friends weren't coming. She was alone in a strange city to go to a concert by herself with empty seats on both sides of her. Lorena grabbed her key and made her way to the dining room; not only was she hungry, she was pissed, and that was not a good combination for her.

She found a table away from the tiny crowd in the place and sat down. She ordered and got her food shortly after. Most of the small crowd were young girls, probably there to see the same concert as herself, though they were the kind of girls that annoyed her.

When she finished eating she ordered another soda and pulled out the book she kept in her purse and started to read.

Finally the crowd of girls disappeared. Probably past their bedtimes, she snickered to herself. This was when she noticed new faces enter the restaurant. She got wide-eyed and hid her face from view when she realized that the Backstreet Boys themselves had just entered.

"How unusual is that? I'm staying in the same hotel as the boys themelves," she whispered to her book as if it had ears.

"Does your book talk back?" a voice asked her.

Lorena froze, staring at her book when she heard a voice respond to her. "Um..." She looked up to be met with a pair of blue eyes and a smile. "I, uh... well... oh boy, this is embarrassing," she said, blushing terribly as she sat looking at the face of Nick Carter.