- Text Size +
Lorena awoke to the sounds of the shower running in the bathroom. She sat up and looked around. It was just a dream, she thought to herself. I'm in my room and tomorrow is the concert; what a strange dream. Amanda was in the shower, and she would tell her all about it when the water stopped running.
She sat up and turned on the television, flipping for something decent to watch. Shortly after, the water stopped running.

"Amanda, you will never guess the dream I had," she yelled. "I met Nick Carter in the dining room of this hotel because you didn't show up for the concert. Can you believe that? I mean, tell me it doesn't sound like one of those fanfictions written about him on the Internet. Like Nick Carter would approach me. It was totally cliché too. He just walked up, sat down, and asked me out, simple as that, and we talked the whole night away." She started to chuckle at her dream. "You warned me this would happen; the next thing you know I'll be writing fanfiction about him."

"That is an unusual dream. Want me to share mine with you?" a male voice came from the bathroom.

She looked towards the bathroom to see Nick standing in the doorway, wearing nothing but a towel, drying his hair. "Oh my God. It wasn't a dream? You must think I'm a complete ass for thinking..."

"Shhh... no, it's okay. I would have thought it was a dream as well; in fact, I can't believe it was real. You are the most natural girl I've ever met."

"Natural girl? Thanks, I think."

Nick sat down on the side of the bed he got up from and looked at her. "I'll be leaving soon for the next city, and I want you to come along." Shocked, Lorena just sat staring at him. "It would mean a lot to me. I love talking to you. It's nice to have a normal conversation again."

"Can't you talk to the other guys normally?"

"Yes, but after you hang out with them for a while, well, you just know what they are going to say, almost."

"I'm totally flattered that you asked me, Nick, but I can't. I have to go back to school. I have keep up with my studies so I can graduate and become a teacher."

"I just wanted to ask. I would have kicked myself if I never asked. Can I keep in contact with you, though?"

"Oh, God, yes. There is no way I would lose you as a friend now."

Nick leaned in towards Lorena. "I was kind of hoping we might be more than friends." His lips lightly brushed hers. Startled, Lorena quickly pulled away.

"Nick, I like you, but you have Mandy. I don't want you to put that in jeopardy just for a girl you met in Ohio and might never see again."

"I was hoping this wasn't our last meeting."

"Realistically, though, Nick?" Lorena couldn't believe she was being so mean to him. She loved talking to him, she loved looking in his blue eyes and not saying anything, and seeing him in a towel wasn't making what she was saying easy either.

"Well, at least give me a phone number and an e-mail so I can still talk to you. I at least want to be... friends."

They exchanged e-mail and Lorena gave Nick her phone number. She changed quickly while Nick got dressed in the bathroom. She walked him to the elevator and they hugged goodbye; she couldn't understand why she felt so sad saying good bye to him.