- Text Size +
Cold Case

Chapter One

Nick Carter laughed happily with his friends. They were on a plane on their way to Las Vegas for a concert.

"So AJ, how do you feel about Vegas?" Nick asked.

AJ grinned happily.

"The casinos, beautiful woman, the strip for tons of fun. Yeah Vegas is my place!" AJ responded.

Nick looked out the window as the plane gently touched ground in Las Vegas. Looking out the window, Nick could view the strip.

"Where are we staying again?" Nick asked looking at Kevin.

"The Mandalay Bay." Kevin answered with a smile.

Nick located the hotel from the plane and smiled. It was nice. Finally they were aloud to get up ready to get off the plane. The boys got off easily since they were seated in first class.

~~~~~~~~~~

Nick bounced around his hotel room excited to be in Las Vegas. He wanted to go out and have fun but Kevin had insisted that they all rested in their rooms for a while before they made their way out. Also that night, they had a concert so there wasn't much they could do before it.

"Nick settle down." Brian laughed watching his younger friend.

"I can't help it Brian. I can't sit still." Nick exclaimed bouncing on the bed.

"Nickers, aren't you a little too old to bounce on the bed?" Brian asked amused.

"Nah, you can never be too old for some good ol' bed bouncin'." Nick replied with a smile.

Brian shook his head, Nick was too much.

"Hey Bri, they don't have the water I liked stoked up in here. I'm gonna go to the store and get some alright?"

Brian looked up from his magazine.

"Do you want me to come with you?" He asked.

Nick shook his head.

"No, I'm ok. I don't mind going alone." He said grabbing his jacket.

"Alright Nick be careful ok?"

Nick knodded and ran out the door.

~~~~~~~~~~

"Morganna, daughter of darkness, Mistress of evil, I call upon you. I call upon your powers here under the full moon." A girl dressed completely in black danced around the chilly dark basement.

"It is I, the black widow who calls upon thee. I call for the powers of hell to give me strength for the souls I shall drag forth. Help me, Help me Morganna, daughter of darkness, Mistress of evil fil me with thine powers of evil." She cried.

"I need fresh blood, a new sacrifice." She whispered looking at the old blood that stained the hard, cold floor.

"I will go out and find some." She swept up her cloak and slipped into the shadows of the ally.

~~~~~~~~~~

"Hey Grissom, what's going on?" Nick Stokes asked walking up to Grissom who was standing in the lobby of the Mandalay Bay.

"Nick Carter, heartthrob of the world known band the Backstreet Boys, has disappeared." Gil said.

"Hmm, well I can see why he would be a target for a kidnapping." Nick said.

Jim Brass came up to them.

"I have some of the best people on my team out searching for him. Do the guys in the band have any idea where he could have gone?"

Gil shook his head.

"The older member Kevin said that he had asked them to rest in their rooms before the concert tonight. Nick's roommate Brian is in shock and can't remember where Nick said he was going."

"Isn't that a little strange?" Nick asked.

Gil shrugged. He became thoughtful. As he opened his mouth to talk, Brian came running up to them.

"I just remembered! Nick said that he wanted to go to the corner store to pick up some water!"

Gil turned to Nick.

"Head out over to the store and see if he ever made it."

"On my way." Nick turned to leave when suddenly Sara Sidle walked up.

"I'm here." She announced.

"Sara, I paged you 30 minutes ago." Gil said.

"Yeah well you tell me to go get a life and when I finally do you decide that you need me and when you do I have to be there on the snap of a finger." She answered.

"Well we have a missing celeb to look for. You go with Nick." Gil answered.

Nick sighed.

"Thanks, just make me feel welcome." Sara rolled her eyes following him.

They headed off to the store.