- Text Size +
Chapter Two

Trent knew he was playing with fire. Darla was a strange girl. Different from any others that he had met before.

Carefully Trent made his way down the ally where he was supposed to meet her.

"Darla?" He called out. He could not see her in the darkness. He heard movements and a chill ran down his spine.

"You have come Trent." She greeted, her voice set in it's edgy way.

"Yeah, you asked me to meet you here. What's up?"

Darla stepped out of the shadows an evil glimmer in her eyes.

"You lied to me Trent. You lied to me and now you must pay."

Trent was scared but he tried not to show it.

"Darla, honey, I didn't lie to you, we just had a misundersanding." He spoke trying to keep his voice calm.

"No Trent, you lied. And now you will pay." Her voice was low and huskey.

Suddenly dark figures lept out at him from the shadows. He yelled out trying to fight them off. One strong man grabbed his arms pinning them at his side.

Another person pulled a plasic bag over his head and held it tight.

Oh please someone help me. Trent begged silently. Please someone, I don't want to die.

The person kept the bag long and tight around his head. They all knew that it would't be much longer. He was losing air, he was losing strength. As they expected, Trent's body went limp. The man pulled the bag off of his head.

Darla looked down at her ex boyfriend. He was very handsome. About 6'2, with blond hair and beautiful blue eyes. He also had a killer smile.

The two men picked him up.

"What should we do with him Darla?" One asked.

"Dump him." She answered before she turned and walked away.

~~~~~~~~~~

Jim Brass led the way through the store. They all looked around. A woman behind the counter was working alone that night and had been knocked out. She had woken up later, but nothing had been taken. Confused she had called the poliece. This was strange concidering the fact that this was the store that Nick Carter had been headed to.

Nick Stokes and Sara Sidle walked in. They had their CSI examiniation kits with them. They looked around the entire store. No clues about what the men wanted, or anything that showed that something could have happened to Nick there.

"I am guessing that something happened to our Backstreet Boy before he even jot here." Jim said.

"Great, well just have to check the allys by the store and see if we can go over his steps as he headed here." Nick said.

Suddenly one of the men on Jim's team called out.

"Hey Brass I got something!" He said.

He was standing by the freezer, his face pale. Nick, Sara, and Jim walked over to him. Nick looked inside. There he was. The blond haired heartthrob. Nick was lying in the freezer. He was dead.

"Sad really." Sara said.

"What is?" Nick asked her.

"To be on top of the world, living in fame one minute, and then dead the next."

Nick shook his head. Together they began to comb the place looking for clues. Out back, Sara picked up a black glove. She looked it over then put it in an evidence bag.

Near the freezer was a plastic bag. Nick decided to take it in to see if it had prints or anything. After they gathered all that they could, they made their way back to the lab to run tests and call the others to let them know what had happened.

"Hate to be the one to tell them their friend is dead." Nick said.

Sara gave him a grim smile.