- Text Size +
a/n omg you im so sorry that i have not updated this in forever. i kinda forgot about it for a while getting wrapped up in my other stories. i hope you still read this.

Chapter Three

Nick sat thinking hard. He was trying to figure out who killed the young pop star. The results of the examination had come back. Nick was so confused. He had not been stabbed, shot, nor posioned. His body had no signs that he was beaten or that he had suffered from blunt trama.

Nick got the bag and carried it to be steamed. He was gonna try to get prints lifted off of it. Greg walked in.

"Hey whats up?" Greg asked.

"Tryin to figure out how this popstar was murdered?" Nick said walking behind the box that was steaming the bag.

"A Backstreet Boy huh?" Greg said crossing his arms looking at the bag.

"Yup" Nick answered.

"So did he die from sufforcation?" Greg asked looking at the bag.

Nick stood up and looked at him. Slowly, he walked around to see what Greg was looking at. On the bag, they both could cleary make out the face.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

Kevin, Howie, AJ, and Brian all sat down in the crime lab with Nick Stokes and Sara Siddle. Nick flipped through a few papers then looked up.

"We have found a body, we need one of you to come with us and identify the body.

All of the guys paled.

"You found a body?" Brian asked.

AJ, Howie and Kevin all gasped with shock. This was not something that they expected to hear.

Nick and Sara looked at each other with grim expressions.

"Yes, and the match, matches the description of your friend." Sara said.

The guys looked at one another. They weren't sure exactly how they wanted to deal with this.

"I'll go." Kevin finally offered standing.

Nick and Sara nodded and lead him down to where the body was. Kevin didn't want to do this. His legs were shaking badly and his heart was pounding so hard inside his chest that he thought it would break free.

After a walk that seemed endless to Kevin, they got to a door. Sara looked at him before opening it. Kevin felt like he was going to be sick but had to stay strong for the others.

The three of them walked over to a table. Slowly, Nick pulled back the sheet. Kevin let out a small cry.

There, on the cold table lay his bandmate, his friend, his brother. He felt the tears in his eyes as he looked down on the lifeless body of Nick. His blond hair was a mess like it always was.

Kevin bit his lip. Nick lay looking like he was sleeping but Kevin knew the harsh truth. He stepped away from the table.

"It's him." He whispered.

"I know its hard...." Sara said unsure how to be comforting.

Kevin nodded and slowly exited the room.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

The guys all waited for Kevin. He came back into the room his eyes red. Seeing Kevin like this, they knew how it was and they all broke down.

Gil stood solemly.

"We promise we are doing our best to find out who did this to your band member."

"He was more like our brother." Brian sniffed.

Grissom nodded.

"We will find the person who did this. I'm very sorry for your loss."

After giving their thanks, the guys left.

"How are we going to handle this? How are we going to let our fans know?" Howie asked soflty his eyes till wet.

"The best thing I think is for a interview." Kevin sighed.

"I'll contact his family." Brian said after a moment, his voice breaking.

"Oh Nick, what are we going to do with out you?" Kevin sighed once he was alone.

This is the end of Backstreet.