- Text Size +
Chapter Four

The guys all sat together dressed in black outfits. It was time for their press conference. The press conference that would announce the dreaded death of their fellow band mate.

Silently, the guys filed in and sat in a row. Their faces were solemn.

"Where is Nick?" Was the first question that was asked when the press conference began.

"Nick is the reason we called this conference." Brian started but then got choked up.

The reporters and fans that were there all sensed that whatever the guys were going to say, wasn't going to be anything good.

"I am sorry to say this, but Nick is dead." Kevin said softly.

A gasp rose among the crowd. They couldn't believe the words that were just uttered.

Surely there had to some mistake. Nick was a joker, could this possibly be some cruel joke?

The look on the guys faces showed that this was not indeed a joke.

"How did this happen?" A male reporter finally asked.

"He, he was murdered." Howie gasped out.

The guys once again broke down. The fans were also crying and so were many of the reporters.

After a few minutes AJ calmed down enough for the next thing that had to be said.

"I'm sorry but this is the end of the Backstreet Boys. We just don't think its right to continue without Nick."

The fans were even more broken hearted but they knew that they had to be understanding.

They had all hoped and prayed that there would never be an end to their favorite band of all time but if they had to end, the fans only wished that it hadn't been because of such a horrific incident.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

Nick Stokes sat going through some information about the dead band member. Nick Carter had once been a guy full of life, he was loved by many, and envied by many.

Nick wondered if this band member could have possibly done something to make someone want to kill him.

He had talked to the other guys about any known enemies but they couldn't think of anyone.

"Probably because he was a babe magnet. Someone was probably jealous." Greg said from behind Nick.

Nick turned in his seat.

"What do you know about being a babe magnet?" He asked with a smirk.

"Well both Sara and Catherine want me..." Greg answered smiling.

Nick snickered.

"So what do you have for me?" Noticing the paper that Greg was holding.

"DNA results."

"So are you going to tell me?"

"Well, the DNA comes from a girl."

"How did DNA from a girl get on him? Did a girl sufforcate him? She must have had help because Nicks a pretty big guy, no way could she have dumped him alone."

Greg shrugged.

"You find me more evidence and I'll let you know more."

Nick sighed. He pulled out his cell to call Grissom.

"Hey did you find anything else from the crime scene?" He asked.

"I think Catherine pulled a finger print from the freezer, we can't be sure if its connected however, who knows how many people have opened it?"

"Well send it in so we can check it."

Nick looked at Greg.

"Well for whatever reason, we have to find out who did it."

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

Later on that day, the guys came in to say their final goodbyes to Nick.

Slowly, they made their way into the room where his body lay. They all gathered around him and bent their heads to say a prayer.

Brian whispered the prayer and opened his eyes looking at his younger brother. Something didn't seem right. Brian looked over wondering what was wrong. Suddenly he gasped.

"This isn't Nick!"