- Text Size +
Chapter Five

Grissom quickly stepped forward. He had been watching to make sure nothing happened.

"What do you mean this isn't Nick?" He asked carefully.

"It's not him! Nick has a tribal tattoo around his arm."

Grissom leaned over the body to look over it more carefully. Like Brian had said, there was no tattoo on the arm of the dead body.

"So then, this isn't Nick." Grissom said looking up at Sara.

Sara had a bewildered expression on her face.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

Grissom sat with Nick, Greg, Sara, Catherine, Brass, and Warrick.

"You guys, this could be a good thing, or it could be a very bad thing." Sara said going over some notes.

"There is a chance that Nick could still very well be alive." Greg added.

"Let's go back to the alley and check again to make sure once more that we did not miss anything that might be a clue." Grissom said closing his folder.

The gang all looked at each other then got up.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

Drip. Drip. Drip.

Who in the hell was dripping that water? It was really beginning to get on Nick's nerves. He was tired and trying to sleep but he had been awakened by the dripping sounds.

His head was hurting like crazy, he realized. Probably another hangover.

Slowly, his blue eyes fluttered open. He was confused as the looked around.

He realized that he was lying on a cold, hard floor and he was tied up. The room was freezing and very dim. It was hard for him to see what was going on.

He groaned. His head was pounding like hell now. Slowly, he forced himself to sit up. He blinked hoping to clear some of his sight.

A door to the left suddenly swung open and a small girl walked in.

"So you are finally awake." Her chilling voice echoed in his head.

He wished that she wouldn't speak. His head felt like it was going to explode and she was making it worse.

"Wh-where am I?" He croaked.

He was shocked by the sound of his own voice. It sounded foreign to his ears. The girl smiled a wicked smile.

"You are in the basement of my house. I captured you. You know belong to me."

Nick coughed harshly. The dust around him was killing his throat.

"What do you want from me?"

"I want your blood."

Nick felt his heart beat race. Was this girl some sick fan.

The girl stepped into the moonlight in front of him and smiled. Nick was sure he was going to faint. In here mouth were fangs.

"Who are you!"

"You can call me Darla."

"Are, are you a a vampire?" He asked feeling his body shaking.

She threw her head back and laughed.

"I am the greatest vampire there is here. I have the power to rule."

"But, why me?"

She walked around him slowly. The hems of her black dress caressing his skin.

"You are young, strong, a good catch for me. I need young blood to survive."

Nick felt his eyes start to tear up. He began to blink fast. He wasn't going to cry, no not in front of her.

"How is your head?" She asked touching it.

Nick winced. Her touch made it throb like hell. But he refused to answer her.

Darla drew her fingers back. Nick saw that they were slightly damp. To his horror, he realized that they were damp with blood. HIS blood.

Darla smiled, her eyes locked with his as she slowly lifted her figers to her mouth. She sucked greedily on them, savoring this young mans taste.

Nicks stomach turned and he leaned to the side and threw up hard. His body raked with the force.

Darla soothingly stroked his back as he emptied his guts on her floor.

"There there little one. Everything is going to be ok."

Nick stared at her his eyes wide with fear. He shrank back away from her against the wall.

She laughed and stood.

"I will see you later my love."

Nick felt some relief as he watched her leave. He would rather face the darkness than her.

Once he knew he was alone, he broke down and cried.