- Text Size +
Chapter 17
Everyone's face went pale and was as white as Dominique.
"Oh my god" Kevin whispered tears starting to roll down his cheeks.
"Let's go to the hospital," Howie said ushering everyone to their cars.
Dominique went with Nick and Brian in Nick's car because Larissa had taken Dominique and Andrea in her car to Nick's. Andrea went with AJ and Howie took Kevin since Kevin was in no shape to drive. Once they arrived at the hospital Kevin ran up to the nurse's station.
"The paramedics brought my girlfriend Larissa in is she ok," He asked all in one breath.
Howie stepped up once the nurse gave Kevin a blank stare obviously not understanding a word he just said.
"Hello Larissa Roy was brought in could you tell me what room she is in" He asked as a single tear fell from his cheek.
"Let me check that for you sir" She replied typing in the name on her computer.
"Uh yes Miss Roy is still in the emergency room you guys can wait in the waiting room and the doctor should be out soon".
"Thanks" Howie said softly.
For twenty agonizing minutes the group waited to here word about Larissa's prognoses. Nick held Dominique while she cried and AJ held Andrea while she sobbed uncontrollably. Brian and Howie were sitting quietly while trying to comfort a hysterical Kevin.
"Its all my fault" Kevin whispered in between tears.
" No its not its nobodies fault" Howie replied.
"Yes it is don't you get it if we hadn't argued she wouldn't have left and we wouldn't have argued if I hadn't have been an unsupporting jerk of a boyfriend" he said starting to cry harder.
Before any of the guys could reply the doctor walked in.
"HI IM doctor Kramer are you Larissa Roy's family" He asked in a flat tone.
"UM we are her close friends" Andrea replied.
"Than IM sorry we can't give out this kind of information" He said.
"Her parents are dead and we don't know of any other family" Dominique said sadly "We are all she has".
"Well ok than Larissa was trying to avoid a truck that was taking up both lanes and when she swerved she hit a tree". He explained.
"Is she gonna be OK" Kevin asked looking at the doctor for any kind of answer.
"Well she came into the emergency room with lots of cuts and bruises and a few lacerations" "We are concerned that her blood pressure keeps continuing to get lower so we think that she has some internal bleeding so we are prepping her for surgery" The doctor explained sadly. 'IM sorry".
"How long will the surgery take" Brian asked.
"We aren't sure where the bleeding is coming from so its hard to say I will keep you up to date when its over" he replied honestly.
After the doctor left Dominique and Andrea started crying harder. Nick and AJ held them closer with a few tears starting down their faces as well. Kevin stood up.
"What have I done" he whispered.
He picked up a magazine and threw it at the wall.
"Dame it" he yelled.
"Calm down Kevin its not your fault these things sometimes happen" Brian said soothingly.
Kevin just starred at him and than collapsed on the floor crying. Brian knelt beside his cousin and let him cry.

The early morning sun started to peak out from the clouds. There was still no news on Larissa. Dominique and Nick had finally fallen asleep in each other arms while AJ and Andrea were reading a magazine hoping to help pass the time. Brian and Howie were watching Kevin pace the floor for the last 6 hours.
"Cuz come sit down you are wearing a hole in the carpet" Brian said.
"IM not going to eat, sleep, or sit till I know she is going to be ok" He replied.
"You need to sleep" AJ said looking up from his magazine.
Before he could answer the doctor came in looking extreme tired.
"I have some news," he said solemnly.