- Text Size +
Chapter 20
"No you can't leave me". Kevin cried as the heart monitor continued to flat line.
The doctor and nurses came running into her room.
"Sir you have to leave" One of the nurses said.
"NO I want to stay please hurry and save her," He yelled.
"You can't stay here and we are doing everything we can" The nurse replied pushing him out the door.
Kevin watched as they were trying everything from C.P.R to putting medicines into her IV and were now using the crash carts. Kevin walked into the waiting room to find everybody sitting in there. Brian looked up and saw Kevin hysterical.
"Kevin what's wrong" Brian asked alarmed.
"Larissa… she… her heart stopped" Kevin cried stuttering.
"OH my god" Dominique whispered and collapsed into the chair that was near her.
Nick sat down next to her and pulled her to him so she could cry on his chest. Andrea was in shock; She just starred at Kevin a blank look on her face.
"Andrea, honey, are you ok," AJ asked concerned.
"No IM not" She finally yelled coming out of her trance. "Where is my baseball bat I need to hit something or someone".
"You don't have your baseball bat with you and it wouldn't help you.
"OH no it would help with the pain and just hurting someone right now would make it better" Andrea replied tears pouring out of her eyes.
AJ grabbed her with tears in his own eyes and tried his best to calm her down. Brian and Howie were at Kevin's side trying there best to console him and be strong for him. The gang waited 15 minutes before the doctor finally came in. Everyone looked at him expectantly.
"We were able to get her back" He started.
"Thank god" Kevin replied while everyone else sighed with relief.
"I also am happy to report her vitals have stabilized and she should be waking up anytime" Doctor Kramer reported happily.
"Thank you doctor" Andrea replied with a smile. Kevin, Andrea and Dominique walked into her room to see her. She looked a little better. She had started to get a little bit of color back in her cheeks and her heart rate was strong.
"Hey girl we are all glad you came back," Dominique said as she stood on one side of her bed.
"Yeah IM glad you didn't leave it wouldn't have been the same without you" Andrea agreed.
"Baby please open your eyes I miss looking into them and I miss your smile. Kevin started singing "ALL I HAVE TO GIVE".

Meanwhile Larissa was feeling a lot of pain and her mind was foggy and dark. The last couple of days she had heard everything everyone said but it was faint. She was trying so hard to wake up but she couldn't. When her heart had stopped she had been in the white light and watched her friends and her boyfriend cry. It had made a few tears slip down her cheek. She had been trying to wake and was too weak. Now she was faintly hearing Kevin singing. The fog was starting to clear up.
"I got to wake up" She told herself. "I miss them so much".

Dominique and Andrea watched Larissa's heart rate go up as Kevin sang to her and knew that she heard him and was hoping she would respond. After the song Kevin took her hand and kissed it.
"I love you so much" He whispered. Suddenly Kevin felt a light squeeze on his hand. "OH my god did you see that" He asked Andrea and Dominique.
"Yes we saw that IM going to go get everyone" Dominique replied excitedly and left.
She came back a few minutes later with Nick, Brian, AJ and Howie. Kevin squeezed her hand and got another squeeze back this one a little harder than before.
"Come on honey open your eyes for us we are all here" Kevin urged.
They all watched as her eyes started to flutter and she moaned. After a couple of minutes her eyes opened fully and she blinked a few times adjusting to the light. She smiled. She couldn't talk because she had the respirator down her throat. They all cheered and Brian went and got Doctor Kramer.
"Well IM glad to see someone is awake," Doctor Kramer said as he walked in.
He checked her vitals and heart rate and all that good stuff. When he was done he said
"Well everything looks strong and she is strong enough to be off the respirator so IM going to take it now Larissa I want you to get ready to take a good breath after I take this out are you ready". Larissa nodded in response.
"OK here we go" He replied and slowly took it out. Larissa coughed a little but took that first breath of air.
"Good job I will be back to check on you later your still pretty weak so get some rest" He advised before leaving.
Kevin sat down in his usual chair. "Hey how are you feeling" He asked with a soft smile.
"IM tired" She rasped.
"OK than go to sleep we will all be here when you wake up" He replied.
"OK" She answered with a weak smile and within minutes was fast asleep