- Text Size +
Raven Wolf, The world of War.
By Vicki © 2004

It had been nearly twenty years since the war, since she watched her world change in an instant. Her world had been one of peace until they came, until the time of the monsters. She knew that now her people where a slave of these monsters and her world was now that of war, constant battling that went on scared her. She knew that they had yet to harm her being the princess of this world, they knew that it was her power that held it together. Her father had already been killed at it was her that tried to lead her people into freedom.

“ I wouldn’t milady.” The creature hissed at her.

“ What would you do to me if I did? You know that if I die so does this planet.” She growled looking at the creature that stood before her.

“ That is why we allow you to live, for if it wasn’t for that I personally would have killed you long ago.”

He said walking towards her. His snake like features made her skin crawl and she often wanted to scream and run from him. But she didn’t want to show him the fear that lay deep within her heart.

“ Princess Ravenwolf you should know by now that everything here has been done to please you.”

“ Like hell. This world was a peaceful one until you creatures came here.” Raven shouted. He struck her hard across the face causing her lip to bleed.

“ I’d watch my mouth princess. Unless you’d rather continue your reign without a tongue.” He hissed.

“ Commander Kelmar I don’t foresee you harming me. I am a being of great power and the only reason I allow you to live is because you’ve threatened my child.” Raven said looking at him.

Kelmar stood nearly seven-foot in height and towered over Raven as he looked into her defiant green eyes.

“ What if I told you that there was another planet, another place that we want to conquer?”

“ Then go.” Raven said, “ It would do my people good to see your kind gone from our world.”

“ But this world princess is the world where your father sent your brother for safe keeping. Do you remember little one, when you where nothing more than a child? When your father told you your twin brother was being sent away for his safety.”

“ I do, what of it?”

“ He was sending him away cause he had already foreseen our arrival. Your father knew we where coming and did nothing to prepare for that other than to send a child to another world.”

“ Then my brother is safe from your grasp.”

“ Not hardly.” Kelmar said looking at her. Raven growled and then turned on her heals and left the room. Kelmar laughed as Raven moved out of site.

“ What do you want done now milord?”

“ It is time to reunite these children. Time to bring back the powers.” Kelmar said looking at the guard.

“ And if he doesn’t come freely?”

“ Then bring all that oppose me with him. I want him here, I want him to fear me as Raven does.”

“ Yes milord.” The guard said turning and heading from the room. Kelmar smiled evilly and turned walked out to look at his kingdom; he ruled this world even if it was threw the pitiful child that was now their leader. Princess Ravenwolf and her daughter Silvermoon where the ones that truly ruled the land and he knew if Ravenwolf came to terms with her true power she would be his distruction. Kelmar knew this and feed upon the fear he produced in Ravenwolf.


“ Mother is everything all right?”

“ Yes my child everything is fine. What are you doing up?” Raven asked looking at her daughter. Silvermoon moved closer to her mother and held her close. Raven ran her fingers threw her daughters long dark red hair and inhaled the scent that was her child.

“ I heard you crying. What has Lord Kelmar done now?” Silvermoon asked.

“ There is no fooling you is there?”

“ No mother.” Silvermoon said with a sly smile.

“ Your gifts are developing nicely. And that is the one thing we must keep from Kelmar. He must never know of your powers.”

“ He will never know.” Silvermoon said holding her mother close. Raven hoped that this was true that Kelmar would never know of Silvermoon’s powers of the gifts that she had inherited from her mother and grandparents.


~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

“ Tell me milord what is so special about these people?”

“ They are telepaths, I can feel their power, but it’s Ravenwolf, her unknown brother and their offspring that I wish to possess.”

“ What is about them?” The sorcerer asked.

“ Her gifts are different, they are telepaths just like their people but it’s the gift of shape shifting and controlling of one’s mind that I wish to possess. Owning a telepath is nothing big, there is an entire sector of them, but Ravenwolf and her family are special.”

“ Does she know of your plans?”

“ Her mind can not enter my own, she only sees death and distruction when she probes my mind.”

“ I keep her child well hidden, but tonight she returned to her mother’s side.”

“ And it was as I wished it. But remember sorcerer if she tells her mother of our plans it will be your head.”

“ Silvermoon was easily controlled, her mind is still new and she dose not have control over her powers as of yet. But what of her when her uncle returns? When the unknown brother returns?”

“ I will deal with prince SilverWolf when he returns.” Kelmar shouted.

“ Yes milord.” The sorcerer said bowing to the creature before him.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

“ Hey Kevin what’s up with you tonight? You seem testy.” Howie said looking at his friend.

“ I don’t know, I am sorry about that. I didn’t mean to blow up at you guys.”

“ Don’t worry about it man, it’s been a long week and we’ve all gotten very little sleep.” Alex said looking at his friend. He could see that there was something wrong with his friend but couldn’t tell what.

“ I just feel weird tonight. Like I have to be somewhere else.”

“ Where else would you go? We have a tour to plan for and you’re not married.”

“ Yeah but I am dating. Dianne is out of town on a conference for a few days.”

“ Maybe that’s your problem. You want to be with her.” Brian said looking at him.

“ Yeah maybe that’s it. I’ll call her later and find out how she’s doing, maybe that will help that weird feeling I’ve got.” Kevin said looking at them all.

“ Well let’s get back to the hotel and get some rest, we’ve got a busy day a head of us tomorrow.” Howie said running his fingers threw his unruly hair, he regretted cutting it as short as he had.


Later that evening Kevin sat alone in his hotel room, he looked around and picked up the phone. Dialing a number he often called he waited to hear her voice on the other end.
“ Hello?”

“ Hey Dee.”

“ Kevin, what’s wrong?”

“ Does there have to be something wrong for me to call?” Kevin asked.

“ Well when it’s nearly 1am yes there does.”

“ I was just missing you.” Kevin said as he leaned back against the plush pillows.

“ Well I miss you too, I was thinking about you earlier.”

“ Really now, I hope it wasn’t something bad.”

“ Very bad actually, thinking about the things I’d do to you once I got home.” Dianne said with a laugh.

“ Sounds like fun, but I might be a few more days. We are still working out the schedule for the tour.”

“ Yeah but you don’t sound so thrilled about that tour.”

“ I am, actually I am looking forward to getting back on the road with the guys.”

“ You’re just getting lonely. Don’t worry I’ll be joining you once this conference is done.”

“ Yeah maybe that’s it. Well babe I am going to let you get some sleep and I better do the same. We’ve got an early morning meeting planned.”

“ All right, I love you Kevin.”

“ I love you too Dee.” Kevin said. He waited and then hung up the phone. The feeling he had had earlier in the evening was still there and he didn’t understand why. Reaching up and shutting off the light Kevin drifted off into a dream filled sleep.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

“ When are you coming home brother?”

“ Who are you?” Kevin asked looking at the woman.

“ I am your sister. I am your twin; you need to return home brother. We need you.” She said holding her hands out to him. Kevin looked to see a silver hair child standing to her side.

“ Who is that?”

“ This is my child, this is your niece. Silvermoon say hello to your uncle SilverWolf.” She said.

Kevin looked at her strangely.

“ My name is Kevin.”

“ Your name is SilverWolf, from the planet Kimar. I am your sister Ravenwolf.” Raven said looking at him. Kevin still didn’t understand what was going on.

“ Why haven’t I ever seen you before?” Kevin asked.

“ We were separated as children, you where sent to earth to hide you from Lord Kelmar but now he’s come to our world and enslaved our people. I am a prisoner in my own palace, our parents are dead. I need you SilverWolf. I need you.” Raven said extending her hand to him. “ I need you.” She whispered as she disappeared into the dark.

“ Don’t leave, I don’t understand. Please don’t leave.”

“ You will remember. You will remember. The crystal will show you the way.” Her voice said.

“ Crystal what crystal?” Kevin shouted.

Kevin sat up and looked around the room. Wiping the sweat from his forehead he looked at the clock, he had been asleep. He reached down and felt something around his neck. He reached over and turned on the light and then looked down.

“ The crystal will show you the way.” Kevin whispered. He looked at the silver and black crystal and held it up to the light, in an instant the room was filled with charts and maps of the solar system.

“ Oh my god.” Kevin said reaching his hand out to touch the images. The bedroom door suddenly sprung open and two hooded men stood there looking at him. Kevin looked at them and raised his hands sending the two men flying into the wall across the hallway. Kevin looked down at his hands wide eyed as his friends came to his aid.

“ Are you unharmed my prince?” Howie asked.

“ I’m fine.” Kevin said paying no mind to what Howie had just said.

“ Are you sure?” Brian asked looking him over.

“ I’m fine.” Kevin said raising his hands. Brian nodded and stepped back. Nick looked at the two fallen men and then watched as AJ moved forward and touched their faces.

“ They are Kelmar’s men.” AJ said looking towards Brian.

“ What?” Kevin said looking at them.

“ I think it’s time we talked.” Howie said motioning the others into the room.

“ What of the intruders Captain?” Nick asked.

“ Deal with them and be quick about it.” Howie said. Nick and AJ both nodded and hurried to get rid of the two hooded men. While Kevin looked on in utter confusion.