- Text Size +
Kevin looked around and noticed that night had fallen over the countryside. It was a beautiful night with the two moons shining in the sky.

“ She’s safe.” Dianne said sitting down next to Kevin.

“ Are you sure?”

“ They’ve left her unharmed for over twenty years and even now that she has a child she’s still alive.”

“ But what if my niece is the only reason she’s alive. And what’s this about Raven and AJ?”

“ Before I came to be with you, I was with Arinon and Raven when they where wed. Arinon had quietly left the planet and joined Arinon on my planet where they where wed in a beautiful ceremony. We have halo pictures of it if you’d like to see them.”

“ Yes that would be nice, but after we find my sister and her daughter.”

“ That I can help with.” Penarine said walking up to them.

“ How so?”

“ At night the palace isn’t heavily guarded and we can sneak in without detection.”

“ But where?”

“ Threw the dungeons. Normally they have prisoners down there I set free but if we need a quick entrance that would be it.” Penarine said looking from Kevin to Dianne.

“ Assemble the others we leave now.” Kevin said standing.

“ Yes milord.” Penarine said bowing and then leaving them alone.

“ You are a true leader Kevin, once your able to assume that role you will be a natural at it.” Dianne said with a smile.

“ I sure hope so.” Kevin said, running his fingers threw his hair. He looked up to see Brian, Nick, AJ and Howie walking over to them. Penarine came up the back with several torches.

“ When do we leave?” Howie asked.

“ Now. Penarine knows where to enter the palace and I want to do this tonight before they start searching for us at first light.” Kevin said.

“ Ok, oh and Kevin to answer your earlier question. I am Chyron, Nick is Venar, Brian is Parin, and of course AJ is Arinon. Does that help?”

“ Yes but let’s go we can discuss names later.” Kevin said following behind Penarine.

The closer they got to the palace the more they noticed that there where guards walking near the rooftops. Many kept their eyes out towards the forest not paying much attention what was going on below the palace walls. Penarine motioned for them to follow him quietly as they walked close to the wall. Penarine pressed a brick on the wall and the wall slid aside.

“ Follow me.” He said leading them into the dungeon. They could hear faint talking and then AJ’s eyes widened when he realized one voice belonged to Raven. Pushing past the others AJ took the lead and hurried down the hall. He could hear the crack of a whip and wondered if Raven was being tortured.
~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

“ Well Princess, maybe it’s time to start what my lord wanted done. He wanted you displayed for all your people. I am happy to do that for him.” The guard said looking at her.

“ You’re going to die for this. I will see to that you are hanged.” Raven seethed as he moved towards her.

“ There won’t be much of you left to have me hanged your highness.” H said looking into her angry eyes. Raven looked past him and could see a shadow and then yelped in surprise as the guard was tackled and knocked to the floor.

“ Arinon?” She said looking at her savior.

“ Yes milady.” AJ said punching the guard in the jaw knocking him unconscious.

“ He’s got the keys in his pocket.” Raven said looking into AJ’s eyes. AJ pulled the keys from the pocket and hurried to unhook her arms. Raven fell into his arms and kissed him deeply.


~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

Kevin watched from the shadows and smiled, Raven was safe now they needed to find Silvermoon.

“ Where is your daughter?” Kevin asked from where he stood. Raven pulled away from AJ and looked into the shadows.

“ She is safe, I was always told she was safe.” Raven answered him. “ Show yourself brother.”

“ You know my voice?”

“ I know everything about you. I’ve missed you.” Raven said pulling him close and hugging him tightly.

“ Tell me what has happened here?”

“ Kelmar and his people came here nearly twenty years ago.”

“ But that would have made you nothing more than a child.”

“ I was, our parents where the ones ruling this planet at the time. Kelmar arrived in a bright blaze of fire, it was as if he knew our planets prophets had predicted that he would come.”

“ If it where known he was coming why not take us both from the planet?” Kevin asked her.

“ Because one of us needed to stay, needed to rule our people even after we had been conquered. There are a few that follow Kelmar but most follow me.”

“ The rebels?”

“ My doing.” AJ said looking at his friend. “ When I had heard that the people where being starved and forced from their homes. I thought that it was time to fight for our planet back, fight for our princess.”

“ But why did it take so long to tell me?”

“ Too many questions SilverWolf. The answers will come later.” Raven said touching his cheek.

“ What about Silvermoon?”

“ Penarine can fetch her.” Raven said looking at the old man. Penarine smiled and nodded.

“ Yes my princess, I will bring her to the village.”

“ Good, come we must leave here.” Raven said taking AJ’s hand. Penarine moved silently up the stairs and into the main part of the palace while the others escaped out the same way they came in. Kelmar didn’t even know she was gone.