- Text Size +
“Troubling Gifts”



**~Chapter Twelve- Destroying CAPPA~**



She gazes her brown eyes out at the podium, as her father takes a stand to begin the speech. Sighing, she stands watching her father at the podium addressing the guests. Doctors and many scientists filled the dining room for the spectacular event to take place. A total of what seems more than fifty people, mainly men excluding Dr. Natalie, Jamelet and the five girls from the experiment filled the room. Her father, his peach face and head full of thick dark brown hair glazed with light grey along the side, glows in the soft yellow lights casts from the glass chandleries in the room. His dark brown eyes gaze intensely in the large crowd as Jamelet takes a deep breath. She sighs softly as her father, the doctor and the one in charge of CAPPA, stands proudly discussing the event at hand.



“Good evening and thank you all for coming here. I’m Dr. Sanchez and I run the organization of CAPPA as you all know. I’m pleased to announce after years of searching and tracking down for experiment 1B. We now have them here with us in this very room. I’ll make this quick so we can get to the main events. Over here, if you all look at the center of the room, the five men are the one’s we been after since day one.” He states, tugging on his white lab coat and fixing his silver framed glasses.



All eyes stare at the Boys who stands there confused and frightened by the whole event. A.J. looks up at the small stage where Dr. Sanchez was standing and Dr. Natalie gazes at Alison with her dark brown eyes sadly. Jamelet gulps and shakes her head softly. Something was up, she can feel it. Jamelet looks at Dr. Natalie with confusion in her eyes. She was fearing that something terrible was about to happen shortly and it had to do with experiment 1B.



“What’s going on?” Jamelet cries out suddenly feeling extremely guilty. All the negative things she done in the past made her out to look like a bad guy and now the sudden sense of guilt overwhelmed her. She listened to her father before hand, believing that what they, the corporation are doing is legal and safe. Now she knew the truth behind it all and she wanted out. Although there’s no excuse for her past behavior, she figured she can change all that now, if she makes the right choice. She stares at her father quietly and feels her heart racing. Dr. Sanchez smiles at his daughter and places his finger over his soft pink lips.



“Shhh… sweetie, tonight the rest of the world will see what we’ve been hiding this whole time. I think it’s time we tell the media, the joy and discovery of my plan! I found the medication and no one got hurt!” Dr. Sanchez replies to his daughter.



Jamelet murmurs, “How can you say that? Can you even imagine what their feeling or what they went through?” She states suddenly at her father.



He smiles, “Angelito (little angel), how can you come to the defense of them if their just mere vessels of my experiments. Besides what’s your problem with them anyway?”



“It’s my business when you go and hurt them physically. I thought you wanted to be a doctor. Doctors help people, not hurt them!” Jamelet shouts, pointing her finger at him.



Her father laughs, “Oh my precious daughter, relax, this’ll be fun. Part of being a doctor is helping the society as well, amor. (Love) Besides I am helping a lot more people by stopping these men from harming society.



At this Kevin shouts, his green eyes burning in hatred, “How dare you! You claim to help people yet you have us here chained up! I have a family and so do the other guys! Have you ever thought of that? Do you know how many people are searching for us at this moment? Let us go!” Kevin yells angrily at Dr. Sanchez.



The doctor smiles and points to a guard, “Handle him! I don’t have time for his hollering.” The guard nods his head and walks slowly to the Boys.



Jamelet shouts, “You never said you were going to hurt them.” She glares at her father. She can hear the soft frightened murmurs from the Boys.



Dr. Sanchez smiles, “I have a plan and I want to show them my work. I’ve started this corporation and I will watch it succeed.” He tugs on his black pants and green sweater under his lab coat. “And now.” He continues, “I will show you what these Boys can do. Shall we get to it now?”



The crowd roars into a loud applause as Dr. Sanchez along with some tough burly guards, grab the Boys and pushes them to the center of the large room. Nick shakes in fear as Brian stares at the guards. One of the guards dressed in all black with a black blazer and cargo pants filled with arsenal weaponry, pushes A.J. roughly towards the center of the room with everyone else surrounding him.



The guard with black shades and short jet black straight hair, stares at A.J. manically. His skin a caramel color in the soft lights, pulls out his pistol and points it to A.J. head. A.J. could hear the guard fingering the trigger with a grin on his face.



“Show them what you can do!” Dr. Sanchez states from the stage, his brown eyes open excitedly at the scene.



A.J. shouts to the doctor a small profanity before speaking, “Go to Hell!” A.J. states nervously, knowing if they wanted, he would have been shot dead already. He stares at his friends who all have their hands up in the air surrendering.



“I’ll go, but I’ll meet you there later.” Dr. Sanchez states, laughing with glee at the frighten Boys.



Brian walks towards A.J. quickly as a different guard pokes him with the pistol on his back. “Go join your friend over there.” The gruff voice of the guard speaks.



Brian’s blue eyes gaze with dread at A.J. and the other guys. He stands next to him nervously, he leans near A.J. and whispers, “I don’t know what’s happening! They’ll kill us if we can’t think of something to do!”



“We’re not animals for us to get treated this way!” A.J. shouts a little too loud catching everyone’s attention.



Dr. Sanchez smiles, “On the contrary, young man, since the beginning you and all your little friends have been in it. Do you know how pleased I am to see you all here and that the medication works. It’s a success and you, my little experiments, are the proof!” He states, eagerly clapping his hands.



Jamelet brushes her brown strands behind her ears and stares at the horrified Boys with despair.



Kevin stares at Dr. Natalie and shakes his head, “I can’t believe I bother talking to you! You’re twisted just the rest of them!” He screams out as he struggles against getting pushed in the center. A guard in all black, his white face shining with beads of sweat, slams the head of the pistol behind Kevin’s head.



Dr. Natalie closes her eyes sadly as a stray tear rolls down her light tan complexion. “I’m sorry, I didn’t know. If I knew, I would have stopped it a long time ago.” She whispers softly. The guys didn’t hear her, they weren’t interested in what she had to say anyway.



Crying out in pain, Kevin clutches the back of his head as he manically glares at Dr. Sanchez.



“Behave boy, I don’t have time for your ignorance and petty emotions. I have to get on with the show.” Dr. Sanchez states cruelly.



Nick is grabbed from behind and one guard pushes Nick on the head, causing Nick to stumble towards the center with the others as the guests giggle with enjoyment.



Howie stares in fright with soft brown eyes at the scene before him. Suddenly a guard grabs him by the shoulder and with a deep voice booming in Howie’s ear states, “Are you gonna cause me problem like the others? Or will you cooperate?” The guard states with anger raising in his voice. Howie reluctantly walks slowly to the center to join his friends.



“There now, that wasn’t too hard, now was it?” Dr. Rodriguez states suddenly appearing from the shadows of the wall.



A laughter was heard as Dr. Robertson comes into the room with enjoyment on his face. “I must commend you, Dr. Sanchez, I’m completely blown away with the success of this experiment.” He states grinning.



Howie and A.J. scream out, “No, I can’t believe this!” As a doctor enters the dining room door.



Dr. Rodriguez smiles, “Ok, this is the deal guys. You’ve all been found with the substance that was injected in your blood vessels and now that you’re all grown, the powers in the substance have grown completely. As you’ve all been tested, you all know what you can do.” He states, patting his lab coat pockets.



Howie gulps as a group of fifteen armed men surround the guys with loaded pistols in their hands.



“Um, I don’t know if it’s just me, but I wanna live to see tomorrow you guys.” Nick whispers to the guys cluttered together.



Kevin glares, “Fine.” He states to the crowd. “You wanna see some powers? I’ll show you some!” He cries out angrily staring at Dr. Sanchez.



Meanwhile, Ana and Paige look at each other nervously knowing something dangerous was about to happen. Ana’s bluish green eyes lit up as she stares at the guys in the center. Giggling, she whispers something into Rose’s ear. Rose’s pink glossed lips spread to a smile and she gazes her blue eyes at Kimberly. Kimberly giggles when Rose told her about the plan. Kimberly’s brown eyes grew big as she leans in to Alison to fill her in. Alison in turn places a frown on her soft white innocent face.



Dr. Natalie and Jamelet watch in horror as Kevin stares directly at Dr. Robertson. Two bright blinding red lasers shoot out of Kevin’s green eyes, hitting Dr. Robertson in the center of his forehead. Suddenly the quiet room is field with an agonizing screaming from Dr. Robertson. His flesh is torn and splits apart, as the crimson blood oozes out of the hole in the forehead. At this, people begin running around in terror as the guards aim the pistols at the Boys.



A bullet was about to hit one of the guys in the chest when suddenly the bullet and everyone and thing stopped frozen in time. Alison gulps and walks over to a stiff Howie who’s frozen in time along with everyone else. Alison pushes Howie away from the bullet that was stuck frozen in the air.



Alison stares around and hugs herself. “Please make this stop! I wanna be normal! Why does this happen?” She whispers to herself. She walks over to a corner of the room and feels her heart speed up. Her power didn’t hurt her, she was trained to use it so many times that the tingling sting didn’t bother her anymore. She crumbles to the floor and curls herself up, bringing her knees to her chin. The cool satin royal blue curtains caress her skin softly as she sighs. She feels the warm wet tears trace down her cheeks as she closes her dark brown eyes to resume time. All around her, she can here the screaming and the pounding of footsteps scurrying out of danger. The room was in chaos and people race out the room. The guards start shooting; bullets piercing the walls, cracking and damaging the expensive cream wall that’s in the fancy room.



Through all the chaos, Alison is afraid of moving, too much danger for her and she was frightened. She sees Jamelet running up to her through all the mess, “Come with me, I’ll protect you.” She whispers to the young teen. Alison sits still on the floor too scared about the mess that erupted in the room. Jamelet leans down and whispers gently to Alison, “Trust me, I’m on your side now. My father is sick and I intent on putting a stop to his sick medications and experiments.” She places her warm peach hands around Alison’s shaking shoulders and helps the girl stand up.



Through all this, A.J. and Howie are struggling to stay alive avoiding the spraying bullets that’s being shoot out. Nick in his fear, doesn’t realize what he’s about to do. His blue bright eyes, glows a fiery blue and suddenly a flame starts on the royal blue curtains and starts spreading around the room. Another flame shoots out of his finger and the crackling fire starts burning on the waxed mahogany planks.



Brian races out around the room and he touches two guards who suddenly collapse on the floor dead. A.J. turns to one of the guards and lifts up a pistol from the man’s uniform in the air. The guard stares frightened as the floating pistol lingers in the air. A.J. stares at the glass windows and suddenly the windows break, glass splintering inside and the shattered pieces crash on the floor loudly. Some of the few people who were still in the room, stops running and stands scared at the actions.



“Oh dear God! What the hell is he?” One of the unknown doctors shout out.



A.J. continues to stare around the room as Howie raises his hand up in the direction of the chandeliers. In a few second, the lights in the chandeliers break, spraying out large sparks of electricity onto the floor. The room suddenly is enveloped in darkness as the lights in the room are all broken. The smell of fire continues to grow and the girls from experiment 1A stand there smiling and clapping their hands at all that was happening. The door to the room was crowded as people push and shove to exit the place. The five men stand together as the fire started getting out of control. Jamelet and Alison leaves the room through a secret back door hidden behind one of the curtains. Ana, Rose, Paige and Kimberly run to follow Jamelet as Dr. Natalie and Summer tells the Boys to come follow them to safely.



A.J. stands there in fear at all the damage he and his friends did to the room. Summer stares into the soft brown eyes and smiles. “It’s ok. You did you what you had to do. Let’s get you and friends to safety before the guards come in here to kill you.” Summer smiles, gently clasping his hand with hers.



He smiles, “Thanks for not running away, like I’m a freak.” He whispers to her over the crackling of the spreading fire.



Summer giggles, “I’m used to freaks and you’re not that bad.”



Jamelet screams out, “You guys hurry over here, they’re coming!”



“You heard the lady. Let’s go!” A.J. states smiling at Summer.



Howie looks over at Nick and asks Dr. Natalie who’s they.



Dr. Natalie stares at him with a frown, “They are the ones designed to kill you, now let’s move, go!” She states racing over to leave the burning inferno behind her. The guys race out of the room joining Summer and Jamelet along with the others. And Jamelet stares one last time at the incinerating room and closes the door loudly behind her.

~**~



**~TO BE CONTINUED…~**