- Text Size +
“Troubling Gifts”



**~Chapter Fourteen- Division Is A Must~**



The door opens and Kevin gulps as a spray of bullets come shooting at his direction. Summer grabs for any ones hand and clutches the open hand near by her.



She turns to see A.J smiling, his chocolate eyes sparkling, “You’re kinda fast, ain’t ya?” He states laughing raising his hand to show Summer’s hand cupped in his.



Blushing, Summer pulls her hand away, “I was scared, it doesn’t mean anything, so get over it.” She states smiling, her cheeks a flustered pink.



A.J. smirks, “Sure it doesn’t mean anything, I’ll believe that.” He replies sarcastically.



Alison steps in front of everyone and her soft brown eyes stare at the large twenty something guards shooting at them. Suddenly a copper bullet freezes in front of her face and the guards stand stiff, silent and still. Alison sighs and gazes at the guards dressed in all black, their pistols raised in the air aimed at her and the group. The mass amount of copper bullets stay stuck in the air, unmoving. One bullet almost grazes her ear, as she stands mystifies by the whole scenery. Sighing nervously, she pushes some stray medium dark brown hair off her white beautiful face. Walking over to the unmoving figures, she passes the guards and pushes open the front door of the dining area.



Alison sighs and stares back at the group with the Boys and girls. “Great, now how am I gonna do get the guys out without them getting shot?” She grumbles, tugging on her brown locks. She stands at the exit of the room, it really is tempting to go and leave like this but she couldn’t do that. Not when people depended on her to get them to safety and out of here and especially when innocent lives lie on her help. Gulping nervously she grabs the frozen guards pistols and flings it across the room. About a good amount of the metal weapons lay across the forest green carpet on the other side of the room. “Ok, guys I hope ya ready to run now?” Paige whispers, staring at the guards who are holding nothing in their hands. Suddenly her eyes glow and the scenery moves and time returns to normal again. Kevin watches the guards who stare at group angrily shouting a mixture of profanity and sudden commands.



“Where’s our guns?” Shouts one of the guards loudly, the guards come racing across the large room to the group of five men and seven women.



Kimberly giggles; her dark brown eyes light up and the amber rings in her eyes, glow a bright red. She gazes at the oncoming guards smiling, “Hey guys watch this.” She raises her hands and in the very dim lighted room, the floor beneath them begins to shake violently. The approaching guards stumbling and fall on top of one another all the while shouting and reaching for some other form of weapons on their black blazers.



“Hurry you guys, lets get out of here!” Brian shouts almost stumbling on the carpet as well. Carefully and quickly the group makes it out of the room each holding on to each other so as to not leave anyone behind. Once out the door they all stand in the hallway confused as to what to do next.



A.J. turns to the thick dining room door and lifts his right hand in the air. Clutching his hand like he was closing a door, it seemed like he was holding an imaginary key. He turns his hand and locks the door shut. “They go in but they can’t come out!” He smiles gazing at the rest of the group.



“That was some close call, great job Alison! Dag girl, if I was you, I would have bolted out of here on my own, forget the others.” Nick states eying her happily.



She smiles, “I couldn’t do that. Miss Jamelet, Miss Summer and Dr. Natalie have cared for me all the while I was here. I couldn’t leave you all in danger, I would never get any sleep thinking if you guys get hurt.” Alison states smiling at the women in front of her. She was interrupted suddenly by a loud yawn coming from Ana.



“Oh man, that was too sweet for me. Just too mushy for my liking. Now can we move on? You forgot we have the entire company coming after us.” Ana says annoyed, her bluish green eyes sparkling with glee.



“She right, we have to move on, the shortest way out of here is heavily guarded and there’s no way your powers will work in that area.” Jamelet states, her medium brown eyes glitter in the bright florescent light.



Kevin asks, his deep voice vibrating and echoing down the long white lit up hallway, “So what do you think would be best?”



Jamelet shrugs her shoulders, “I’m figuring if we go as a big group we’re better off so as not to lose anyone along the way.”



Dr. Natalie smiles, “That would be a great idea except for one problem.”



“And the problem with that would be? Summer asks curiously, her short blond locks lay across her shoulders loosely.



“The problem with that would be that we’re too big as a group and this whole place is rigged with traps of all kind. If we travel as we are in this group, sooner or later we would have to break apart any way. The hallways get narrower as we travel eastward and evidently we would have to break into groups.” Rose states, her blue eyes gaze at the women to see what they thought.



Summer shakes her head and throwing her hands in front of her to show her dislike, “There’s no way we can separate now, don’t you see that that’s what they want us to. We do that and we then become easy targets for those guards.”



“I think Rose has the plan right. Think about it, the smaller we are, the more harder it is for some traps and guards to get us. The smaller the better.” A.J. states, concern on his face.



Howie holds back a laugh, “Somewhere along that statement, something just didn’t sound right.”



A.J. rolls his eyes, “Whatever man, let’s keep this clean man.” He smiles flipping his finger at Howie.



Kevin steps in between them, “That’s enough! Come on, let’s go I’m sure they’re coming for us.” His green eyes glowed in worry.



Paige gazes down both sides of the hallway and whispers nervously, “If we’re gonna divide up, then do it now, I see three armed men coming down the west wing!” She tugs on her blond locks which were tinted at the ends with a hue of orange.



Dr. Natalie stares at the group before her, “Fine, I’ll take one group and Jamelet you take the other group down the other end of the hallway. We’ll try to meet up on the back side of the lobby by eleven.” She says quietly, looking quickly at her watch.



Jamelet nods her head, “Fine, we gotta try to divide evenly though, but that’ll be impossible with thirteen people. I got Ana, A.J., Rose, Howie, Nick and Summer.”



Dr. Natalie gazes at the group, her dark brown eyes seem troubled in worry, “Ok, I got Brian, Kevin, Paige, Kimberly and Alison on my team. It’ll do for now, we’re still too big though but we’ll deal. Let’s head out.” Dr. Natalie replies and turns to Jamelet, “Good luck and I’ll see you downstairs.” She smiles softly.



“Be careful.” Jamelet states quietly as Natalie’s group head down the opposite way, down the hallway. Jamelet looks at her group, “Well guys let’s go.”



Summer nods her head, nervously she asks, “Jamelet can you say all of us will make it out of here alive?” Her green eyes open wide in fear.



Jamelet smiles, “Yeah, we should be fine. Don’t worry about it, besides we have Ana, the ice girl.”



“And the other group?” Summer asks quietly staring down the opposite hallway where the shadows of the group were left as they turn a corner.



“They have Brian.” Jamelet states carefree, walking down the hallway down the east side, with the others following.



Summer shrugs her shoulders, “Oh ok.” She says nervously.



A.J. smirks, “And you have me.” He states whispering in Summer’s ears, laughing after seeing Summer blush slightly.



They walk down the white hallway, the bright white lights casting down on them.



“Hey Nick, you think you bad now cause you can cause fire?” Smirks Rose, her blue eyes glittering in mischievous.



Nick rolls his eyes and flips a small flame off his finger on Rose’s peasant flowered shirt. The small flame spreads over the shoulder of her shirt as she screams out, patting at the flame. Nick laughs and points at her.



A.J. shakes his head shamefully and looks at Summer, “You think he would have grown up by now. He surprises me everyday.”



Summer smiles and watches as poor Rose pats away the small flame, blowing at it.



Ana giggles: small cold mists escapes her soft lips and she leans on Howie’s shoulder, “Hey, what do you say me and you use our powers in a different way?” She smiles naughty, licking her lower lip seductively.



Howie smirked, “You’re kidding right? I mean you look so young.”



At this Ana took offense, “Hey, I’m seventeen now! What do you mean I’m young?! I ain’t too young for a car license right?” She yells at him, puffs of cold mists escapes her lips, touching Howie’s cheek sending a chill down his back.



Howie raises his hands in defense, “Whoa, ok, let’s change the subject now. I see you wanna talk about something else.” He tries to laugh it off but he feared Ana’s powers.



Jamelet stops in front of the large white iron door, “K guys this is it, behind this door is where we begin our adventure, buckle up kids, it’s gonna be a bumpy ride.”



“I like things that go bump.” A.J. states gazing at Summer curiously.



Jamelet types a password on the side of the door and it slides open revealing ten armed guards all pointing their rifles at the group.



“Ugh, I knew I should’ve gone in Dr. Natalie’s group, they have Alison, the time girl.” Grumbles Rose.



Nick smirks, “But you forgot you’re in the team with Ana and me the fire starter.”



Jamelet stuttered and stares at the guys, “K guys now would be a good time to use your powers.”



A.J. gulps, “Uh oh. We’ll try but I can’t promise what can happen.” He states and stands next to Howie and Nick who raise their hands to the guards who begin to shoot copper bullets at their direction.



Nick grumbles, “Man this is gonna hurt so much now.” He states feeling his eyes begin to sting for his powers.



Summer gulps and mouths silently to Jamelet, “Can they stop them?”



Jamelet shrugs her shoulders and mouths back quietly to Summer, “We’ll have to wait and find out.”

~**~



**~TO BE CONTINUED…~**