- Text Size +
A/N: Man it’s been ages since I wrote another chapter at least that what it feels like to me, *sigh* But I’m refueled and ready to write another chapter for you guys, I hope you all enjoy it! Thanks so much you guys, well off I go, *fingers tingling ready to write* Hehe, ‘Till later, peace out!



“Troubling Gifts”





**~A mind is a terrible thing to waste- Unknown~**



**~Chapter 16- Looking Ahead~**



The footsteps thudded softly on the white tiles of the hallway as Dr. Natalie leads her group down the eerie silent hallway. The harsh white lights blare down on them and the bright white walls seem to blind ones vision. Placing her hands on her side, she faces her group, her dark brown eyes, glittering. She passes her light tan fingers through her dark brown long straight hair, which tonight is clipped in a low ponytail. She nervously fiddles with her tight baby blue t-shirt and tugs on her black knee length black skirt.



“What’s up?” Kevin asks with concern on his face. His green eyes penetrate through her, making her highly nervous and agitated.



“Mr. Richardson don’t take this the wrong way, but can you not look at me too much. Your eyes are quite a dangerous weapon and I don’t want to be caught in them.” Whispers Dr. Natalie with concern in her voice.



Paige giggles, “It’s ok, she tells us the same thing all the time. Don’t feel bad.” She states smiling, patting Kevin’s shoulder, her blue grey eyes glittering.



Brian chuckled and stares at Kevin, knowing Kevin’s concern was of the other group. “Hey, we’re gonna meet up with them. They’re fine, you’ll see. Besides with A.J. and Nick in that group, they’re set.”



Kevin gulps and feels shifting in his arms as Alison opens her soft brown eyes to stare at Kevin. She smiles and giggles, “Now this is the way to wake up.”



The others laugh and feel a bit more relaxed after her statement. Kimberly rubs her eyes and yawns and stares back down the hallway they just passed. Her dark brown eyes squint at the harsh bright lights. Alison gently is placed on her feet as she walks softly.



Alison sniffs the air and frowns, “You guys, they’re coming!” She whispers in fright. Dr. Natalie shakes her head and fumbles for her keycard to swipe at the thick iron door in front of her.



Kevin stares around the hallway in confusion, “Ali, are you sure? I don’t see anyone coming.”



Brian’s blue eyes grew wide, “Oh God!” He yells pointing down the hallway they had already walked down, to see the front door blast open allowing entrance to more than fifteen armed guards all shooting to the group’s direction. Everyone scatters for protection and the clicking of the iron door slides open. Dr. Natalie rushes in followed by the others in the group into another hallway form behind the iron the door. Suddenly the iron door makes a clicking noise and slams shut locking Brian out of safety from the others.



“Brian!” Kevin screams, slamming his hands roughly against the side of the iron door. “Open it doctor! I swear if he dies, I’ll kill you!” He screams out her direction.



Dr. Natalie completely terrified moves away from him down the hallway, “I don’t know what happened! That door shouldn’t have done that! It never did that before hand. I don’t understand how it could have done that!” She whispers, her voice choking on emerging tears.



“Well you better understand! If he dies, know you’ll be serving a nice long term in prison.” Kevin growls under his breath, his emerald eyes shining in anger.



Paige steps in the middle of the two and looks at Kevin. “Kev. It’ll be ok, Brian can use his powers, he’ll be fine. I know he will.”



Kevin stares hard at the doctor and softens as he gazes at Paige’s face. “I’m sorry. I pray he makes it out of there ok, or I’ll never live it down.” He whispers to them.



Alison pats his shoulder, smirking, “Why are you worried? Brian is like the living grim reaper himself. If anything, we should be ones to watch out.” Her brown eyes open wide at him. “So are you ready to go? The door will open again, it’s just jammed, Dr. Natalie can fix that up right?” She stares hard at the doctor, her innocent white complexion glitters in delight.



The doctor nods and gulps, walking over to a small switch box and begins pulling on a black wire.



Kimberly smiles, “Looks like you scared the doctor lovely. Look how she’s all shaking. Man if only Ana can see this.” She states grinning, enjoying and taking in the doctor’s fright.

~*~



Brian watches the iron door slam shut before him as panic seizes him. “No! No not this!” He shouts, banging his fists on the iron door roughly. “Please open, this isn’t funny! Come on, open up!” Brian can hear laughing as the large group of armed guards dressed in all black point their rifles to him.



He faces the guards and he can feel his heart banging against his chest, Goose bumps run all along his arms and down his spine as a cold sweat breaks on his face. One of the soldiers, smirk and pulls off his black shades to stare at Brian. “Looks like you can’t sing your way out of this one now can ya?” This remark is followed by an abrupt laughter from the armed guards and they inch their way closer to Brian. They were only a few feet away from Brian and a few seconds away from firing their weapons.



Brian needed a distraction, but what? He thought quickly following his eyes down the crowded hallway and sees a small camera hanging in the corner tucked beneath down the hallway. Pointing his finger, he opens his eyes and screams, “He’s watching he’s watching!”



The guards shrug their shoulders and Brian can hear laughter, “So, let him look!”



“You can’t kill me! I’m too important for Doctor Sanchez for you to just kill me. He still needs me. I’m his successful experiment, he can’t just get rid of me!” Brian states: knowing full well that Dr. Sanchez is watching and listening to what he’s saying.

~*~



“Damn the boy!” Dr. Sanchez growls, slamming his hands down on his office desk. “He’s too smart for his own good. Capture him then if he feels like acting up. Besides, what’s more fun than punishing a celebrity? We’ll make him eat those words of his.” He states, his voice vibrating in his office.



A solider bits his lower lip and stares at the doctor, his dark brown eyes gazing at the doctor. “They can hear you in the hallway. You forgot to turn off the speaker on the set.” The young solider states, his chocolate complexion glowing in the office light.



“I know that. It’s ok.” Dr. Sanchez replies softly as he pushes a small red button at the edge of his office desk. His medium dark brown eyes lit up as he passes his peach colored fingers through the short brown locks on his head. “If Brian wants to play then we’ll play.” He states eerie, gazing at the large flat screen on his office wall next to his desk. The television shows the hallway beginning to fill up with smoke and some gas as the armed guards there begin screaming in pain. Their skin seems to be eating itself and rot begins to grow on the skin, changing the skin to green. Their flesh begins to rot and wrinkle and get sunken into the bones, the echoing of the loud painful screaming, as they drop dead on the floor. The crimson liquid oozes out of the large bodies and trickles on the white tiles, staining the tiles with its dark red blood. Brian watches in horror as all this takes place. He stands there clutching onto the sides of the iron door, praying it will open and save him from the horror that will take place.



“Oh man.” Brian whispers fearfully as the thick smoke comes towards his direction. Whatever that gas did to those soldiers, Brian knew he couldn’t get out of this one.

~*~



The guard stares at Dr. Sanchez miserably, “Doctor, how could you! You killed all those men with that acid smoke you let out!”



The doctor smirks, “Riley, the smoke is just smoke, there was nothing wrong with that smoke. That was all Brian’s doing. Don’t you see, when the experiments are in fear, their powers reach their ultimate and we just witnessed it!”



“No way! Sanchez I saw you press that button! You killed the guards, not him.” The young guard states, gripping his rifle in his hands.



The doctor laughs, “Believe what you wanna believe, that man has the strongest power yet! He will be the one to bring this company to success. Don’t you see, all this running around as they try to leave this place is only making those experiments stronger! Imagine what I can do once I gain control of the blond fool with the death power? How many people will be at my command?”



The young guard watches in shame, shaking his head sadly. “I can’t believe my dad signed me up for this.” He whispers.



Dr. Sanchez smirks, “Keep on complaining and see what happens to you.”



The young guard who for only twenty is the youngest of all that trained there, stands there ready to do what the doctor asks. He’s built and muscular and stands at a height of six two and his head is covered in an unruly mess of small black curls. The young guard salutes the doctor and apologizes kindly to him. His dark brown eyes lower to floor and waits for the doctor’s next command.



Dr. Sanchez smirks, “You don’t wanna get on my bad side now do ya?”



The young guard shakes his head rapidly. “NO, sir NO!”



“Good, then off you go, put the plan in action, they won’t leave this facility. We’ll smash their plan before they know it.” Dr. Sanchez replies as he watches the TV screen to show the iron door open up and letting Brian join the others in the group. Dr. Sanchez smiles, Good boy, he’s almost too strong for my liking. He thinks to himself as the TV screen fades to black.

~*~



Jamelet leads the way down the burnt hallway followed by the tired men and women behind her. Summer yawns and walks along with A.J. holding onto his side in case he collapsed again. Ana and Howie follows right behind them, Ana who if any one missed her smile, knew she was enjoying every moment of having her chance to grab on a Backstreet Boy. Nick stumbles in pain down the hallway as Jamelet and Rose each hold on to him from either side.



No noise except their breathing and the echoing of their footsteps filled the vacant hallway. No one noticed a guard coming from behind them from beneath the tiles that quietly separated. It allows the solider to rise up from the hidden trap door buried beneath the white tiles. Summer who’s watching the back of the group, notices it and quietly taps A.J.’s shoulder to look. She places her fingers to her lips to let him know not to make noise. That’s the last thing she needs is to alarm the others. A.J. turns and his soft brown eyes begin glowing at the soldier’s direction. Suddenly the soldier went flying in the air and was slammed on the wall hard. The rifle that was in the soldiers hand clatters onto the floor, disrupting the silence. The rest of the group turns and watches as A.J. raises the rifle with his mind and smiles. With his hands he pretends to be holding up the floating gun in front of him. The rifle is pointing at the solider who’s screaming out, “Don’t kill me! Don’t kill me!” A.J. looks at the others and shakes his head, with his fingers held out like a gun, he flicks his thumb like he pushed the trigger of the gun and suddenly the soldier was bombarded with lead in his body as the bullets come shooting out of the floating rifle, slamming the soldier’s body.



Rose blue eyes open wide as she screams out in horror as Summer runs to her, screaming in fright as well. Once the bullets were done, the floating rifle crashes onto the white tiles loudly. Howie and Ana stare at that amazed and Nick begins clapping his hands.



“Yo, Bone, I didn’t know you had a license for a gun.” Nick smirks yet a little traumatized about seeing a dead person.



A.J. feeling the same way, shrugs his shoulders, “I don’t, but I have a license to kill according to the medication in us.”



Howie laughs, I guess.” His soft brown eyes open wide, watching the dead body slide down the wall, leaving a trail of smeared crimson liquid on the white walls.



Ana smiles, her bluish green eyes sparkle in delight, “I like the way he’s thinking.” She states, staring at A.J.



Jamelet rolls her eyes and smirks, “Had enough fun? Let’s go. My father was watching that. Be careful using your gifts. It can wear you out.” She states pointing to a small camera above them on the ceiling.



A.J. smirks, eyeing Summer next to him, “That is if Summer don’t first.” He whispers towards Summer’s direction, causing her to blush in pink.



Howie laughs as he struggles to walk, “Man, what a power.”



Ana smiles, “You ain’t see nothing yet.” And with that leads him along with the others to find the nearest stair case.

~**~



**~TO BE CONTINUED…~**