- Text Size +
Well off I go to come up with more crazy plots for this story. ‘til later bye!



“Troubling Gifts”



**~A Mind Is A Terrible Thing To Waste- Unknown~**



**~Chapter Nineteen- Better Off Dead~**



Jamelet races up the stairs followed closely behind with her group. A large iron door stood before them and behind that door a loud painful screaming was heard.



“Oh No! What’s happening behind there?” Summer whispers, her large green orbs wide open in fright.



A.J. steps in front of the group and with his eyes stares at the lock of the door. The door made a clicking sound and flings open with A.J.’s telekinesis. And before him stood the other group covered in thick splattered red blood. They all seem distracted and formed a small circle staring at something on the floor of what looked like a girl.



“Paige!” Rose cries out and pushes A.J. out of the way. She races over to the other group and pushes her way to the middle to see what they were staring down at. “Oh God NO! Is she ok?” Rose yells out, her blue eyes clouded with worry.



Kevin shakes his head, “I don’t think so, she passed out from the pain.”



Jamelet, Summer and Ana surround the still Paige on the floor. Rose cradles Paige in her arms as Jamelet begins to examine the girl.



“Natalie what happened? She’s breathing ok and her pulse it good. Why she passed out?” Jamelet states pressing her fingers down Paige’s back.



“She was caught in a stampede. The altra-species were sent free and we were left defenseless against them. I had to think fast and used what was available in this hallway. We electrocuted them with the wires on the walls and they died. All six of them are dead. We’re all ok, except for poor Paige. She’ll be ok though, she’s a fighter.” Dr. Natalie states softly, her brown eyes falter a moment before looking straight at Jamelet. “I’m sorry. None of this was suppose to happen. We were just suppose to leave this place but it’s become so difficult with your father watching us at every moment. He knows what we’re trying to do and he’s determine to stop us from freeing his secret. If we tell the government officials about all the illegal activities occurring in this institution, CAPPA will shut down for sure.”



Rose sighs aggrievedly, “Who cares if this place shuts down? I just wanna go home and be with my family now! Save Paige, she’s gonna die if you don’t help her now!”



Summer and Howie approach Kevin all the while the conversation with Jamelet and Natalie is occurring.



“Hey Kev. I don’t understand what happened here. Can you explain?” Howie states gently as Summer smiles trying to bring some comfort to the broken hearted man in front of her.



Kevin sighs and shakes his head, “God D. What are we gonna do? We’re gonna die trying to leave this place. I know Sanchez got some ideas on how to torture us next.”



Howie gulps and pats Kevin’s shoulder, “Don’t think that way, we found the door to leave this hell hole, let’s go before it’s too late.”



Kevin nods but stops and looks around at the other guys and girls. “What about them? We gotta tell them too.”



“They know, let’s go!” Howie shouted persistently. Suddenly the dim bulb light swinging on a wire from ceiling lights up and breaks. The ceiling lights turn on and off, blinking consistently almost memorizing. “Let’s get the hell out of here now!” Howie shouts to the group. Howie lands on his knees and cries out, “Aww, what the heck is gonna on? I can’t control it! My gift, I can’t control it.”



It seems no one else was listening, everyone was distracted by the loud hissing sound the blinking lights were making.



Summer touches Kimberly’s dark brown hair gently. The natural red highlights of Kimberly’s hair blended with the smeared blood on her hair. “Hey girl, how you doing? You ok?”



Kimberly nods her head and stands up with Summer’s help. Alison stands up with the help of Kimberly and they begin walking over to the exit of the room.



“What the hell happened here?” Nick states nervously rushing over to Brian. He walks over to Brian and wipes his finger across Brian’s cheek to see the blood streak on it. “Ugh! What is this? Blood?” Nick asks curious yet the fear in his voice was evident.



Brian tries speaking but only manages to stutter out, “Mon, mon, Monsters came! They wanted to hurt us and they hurt Paige! We killed them though, they’re dead!”



A.J. shakes his head in confusion, “What? What are you talking about? Rok, it’s ok, Just tell me what happened here.” He states with concern in his voice, he pats Brian’s shoulder and squeezes it for reassurance. “Buddy, explain to us from the beginning, what happened?”



Brian was about to start explaining but was cut off by Rose screaming. All eyes stare at Rose who’s screaming in pain as Dr. Natalie and Jamelet gently take the hurt Paige away from her. Summer races over to calm Rose down and helps her stand up.



“Rose stop! Stop! What is it?! Stop screaming and tell me!” Summer states nervously, the goose bumps emerging on her pale white complexion.



Rose looks directly at Brian, and in a demanding tone states, “Run!”



All eyes stare at Brian and right behind him a large wave of water crashes through the hallway ready to claim victims. Everyone screams in panic and races to the only door there. Jamelet lifts Paige in her arms and Howie comes to help carry Paige in his arms.



“I got her! Just run!” Howie states as everyone filed in through the door.



Everyone heads down the stairs rapidly fearing the worst. Kevin, Nick and A.J. slam the large door shut behind them.



“Lock it! Lock it!” Nick screams out, A.J. nods his head and stares at the door hearing the clicking of the lock on the door.



“It’s ok, we’re fine. See.” A.J. states, his back turned to the group as he stares at the door in front of him to make sure it remained locked. He smiles and states at the frightened looked that passed Nick’s face.



“Yo, Nicky. We’re safe. What the hell are you freaked out by now?” A.J. whispers. Suddenly noticing how eerily quiet the large group had gotten, he turns around to see more than fifteen armed guards with rifles and pistols drawn at them at the bottom of the stairwell.



“Damn, that’s sucks.” A.J whispers in fright. He leans against the door and hears the pounding of the waves crashing behind the door.



One of the soldiers with a large rifle gun, points directly at A.J. The little red laser beam coming from the gun stops in the center of A.J.’s forehead. “Hey let see you guys escape this now.” The large built guard dressed in the black attire: Black blazer over a black sweater and black cargo pants cuffed in the ends in black combat boots. His chocolate complexion glitters brightly in the harsh yellow hallway light. His dark brown eyes stare at A.J. and snarls in his direction. “You didn’t think the game is over now did ya? I received special orders to kill every single one of you. And doctor Sanchez said to begin the execution with this woman.”



The soldier points to Jamelet as she cries out, “No! He can’t do this to me! I’m his daughter, he just can’t kill me!”



“He can if he wants to and you can’t stop it.” The large solider speaks out.



“Tony! How could you!” Dr. Natalie yells out. The solider smiles and winks at her.



“Better yet, I’ll kill you right after I kill this woman. You broke my heart and I’m about to break yours with this lead.” The solider states smiling, tapping the rifle in his right hand with his fingertips.



“I think you’re bluffing!” Kevin speaks up suddenly.



Tony laughs, “You think? Ok, we’ll see when I blow your little head off. Let’s see the fans go crazy for that.” Tony states with venomous in his voice.



Brian shakes his head and elbows Kevin in the side, “What are you trying to do, die fast?!” He whispers in Kevin’s ear. Kevin stares at Brian and Brian suddenly understood. Kevin has a plan and whatever that was, he knew he has to play along.



“You’re right! Look at him. I bet he never shot anything with that gun. I don’t even think he even knows to use it!” Brian teased, smiling his million dollar smile at Tony.



Tony growled and the look at the other soldiers ready to shoot on his command. “Hold your fire guys. I think they want to play some more. What do you think Roy?”



Roy, a muscular soldier standing next to Tony grins, “That’s what I’m thinking. They never get tired of playing, so I say we give it to them.”



Rose, Summer, Jamelet, Alison and Kimberly watch the soldiers in fear. Howie cradling Paige in his arms stands next to Kevin and Brian. While Nick and A.J. stand at the top of the staircase behind a grinning Ana.



Nick speaks up, “Hey I thought you were gonna ‘ice’ us? What are you waiting for? Just push the trigger and kill us already.”



Tony raises his finger and was about to give the signal to fire when suddenly a small laughter broke the thick tension in the stairwell. He sees an average height girl of about five feet seven inches with light braided blond hair down her shoulders stepping down the stairs. Her white complexion glitters innocently in her light blue ripped jeans and tight dark blue tank top. Her bluish green eyes sparkle with joy as she passes her hand down Tony’s face. Suddenly a look of horror crosses Ana’s face. She turns around to look at A.J. with confusion on her face. A.J grumbles and realizes that they lost the ability to control their powers now. A.J. was lucky to be able to use his powers on locking the door but after that he couldn’t do anything else.



“What’s wrong Ana? Can’t seem to figure out why you haven’t frozen me yet?” Tony teased, his low voice penetrating in the hallway.



Ana glares at Tony and spits in his face. Tony wipes away the wet saliva and laughs. “Dr. Sanchez wasn’t gonna let you walk around with the wonderful power of yours knowing you’ll do damage. This entire stairwell is covered in insulin and is a magnetic force pulling all your wonderful gifts away from you. So since Dr. Sanchez wants the thrill of diminishing all of you, we’ll just take you there.” And with that raises his fingers and the hallway is filled with the clattering of bullets spraying. One struck Nick on the shoulder, another strikes Brian on the leg. Kevin ducks down and is struck in the hand with a bullet. Jamelet, Summer, Alison, Rose, Kimberly, Natalie and Ana get hit with the a bullet each on their chest. They all fall on the floor and pass out in a deep sleep and Howie holding Paige stands in the corner of the top of the stairs watching Nick, Brian and Kevin pass out from the tranquilizer.



A.J. stands next to Howie and takes a deep sigh, “This is gonna suck big time.” Then a bullet strikes him on the chest and he passes out, collapsing on the floor. Tony laughs and points the rifle at Howie.



“Ok, ok, that’s it for now.” Tony states to his fellow comrades to stop shooting. Going up the stairs, he stops and stares at Howie. Tony smiling, looks at Howie in disgust. “You know it’s really sad that you thought you could go against and escape from this company. Haven’t you thought that the doc is watching you. Come now, I thought you were smart now. Join your friends. All that running around is making you tired, let’s catch up on some sleep now ok?” Tony whispers manically, pointing the tip of the rifle into Howie’s chest and pushes the trigger back. The bullet hits Howie’s chest and he suddenly fells extremely tired. There was no pain, the bullet wasn’t real, it was a plastic dart tranquilizer. He fights to keep his eyes open and feels the weight of Paige removed from his arms. His vision blurs and before he closes them, he sees Tony laughing and pointing.

~**~



**~TO BE CONTINUED…~**