- Text Size +
A/N: Hey everyone I got a chance to write another chapter to this story! hehe. I hope you all enjoy it and don’t’ forget to drop a review when done! It seems Dr. Sanchez captured everyone, can they all escape without dying along the way? Read on and find out!



“Troubling Gifts”



**~A Mind Is A Terrible Thing To Waste~**



**~Chapter Twenty- In His Hands~**



She opens her blue eyes and gazes painfully at the white ceiling above her. Her vision is blurred and unfocused and a terrible migraine was beginning to pound in her temples. Rose tries to lift her hands but her feet are cuffed and chained to the sides of a table she’s lying on. She notices she’s lying on a cold metal table and she gazes around the room to see her group and the others chained in a similar way. “Guys.” She mutters softly hoping to get an answer. No response was heard of course and Rose sighs. A blond strand of her hair lies gently on her face and annoyed: she tries to blow the strand away from her face unsuccessfully.



“Rose.” Kimberly whispers softly.



Rose turns over to her side and cries out in pain as the cuffs cut into her delicate white skin. “Hey girl glad to see you awake. You remembered what happened to us? The last thing I saw was Tony and Roy pointing their weapons in our direction.”



Kimberly moans in pain, her dark brown hair tumbles down her shoulders and the red highlights glitter in the bright white office light. “We got shot, I think.” She states, her dark brown eyes clouded in pain. The amber rings in her eyes dim softly at Rose’s direction.



Some shuffling and movements is heard across the room near Kimberly’s side. Kevin sits up only to be chained to the metal table: his arms on either side are cuffed as well as his feet. “God I feel like crap.” Kevin grumbled, his deep voice vibrating the room. He looks around dizzily, his green orbs absorbing the area. “The doctor has something planned. He wouldn’t have gone through all this unless he got a treatment for us. How you all doing?”



Rose and Kimberly grumble and responds at the same time, “Bad.”



Kevin nods his head, “Same here.”



Brian and Alison wake up and sit up both wincing and crying out in pain.



Alison scrolls her eyes around the bright white room, the harsh lights glare down from above in the room.



“What is this place?” Brian whispers, running his fingers through dirty blond locks.



“This is the experimentation rooms. I heard of this place. This is where all the dirty illegal things happen here.” Alison whispers, her chocolate eyes staring around the large room. At the corner of the room, a large metal machine with many assorted buttons and levels stood out, on the side of the machine stood a small rickety metal table with sharp instruments, such as needles and knives aligned in a row.



Summer gulps, now fully awake and with a shaking finger points to the table. “Oh God, What the hell is your father planning? He’s not gonna kill us right? I can’t believe this. I should have stood out of all this. I could have avoided what’s about to happen to us.” Her green eyes shot open with fear as she gazes at the others who are still sleeping. “I, I can’t be here!” She cries out in alarm.



“Relax, he can’t kill us, I won’t allow it!” Jamelet states, the cuffs clinking against the side of the table where her hands are cuffed.



Howie sighs and sits up, his sleepy eyes staring around the room in confusion.



“Oh man, this isn’t gonna end good.” Howie whispers, his dark brown eyes examine the room.



“Thanks a lot D! That’s what we need, a great encouragement from you! Really! I can see how much you wanna get out of here, the excitement is just running through you!” A.J. states, gazing at Howie, he responds sarcastically.



Dr. Natalie wakes up and stares around the room awaken by the noise. Sitting up, her mouth drops open as she stares around the test room. “Oh no, no, no. We’re in serious danger now. He got us! God only knows what he has plans to do for us…”



Suddenly Dr. Natalie is cut off by a loud grumbling coming from Ana. “This is too much, I’m gonna freeze this place completely. Sanchez is pissing me off!” She states, her bluish green eyes staring angrily around the room to the others.



“I think I’m agreeing with Ana here. I think I can set fire to this place if I have enough strength.” Nick mutters, sitting up on the table.



Ana smiles, giggling, she winks at Nick and gives him a thumbs up sign. Nick grins back and turns to hear Howie grumble something.



“The way I see it, you guys might as well get a room together.” Howie grumbles, glaring at Ana and moaning out in agony at the pain running down his arm.



“Hmmm, do you smell that?” Brian states softly.



The others shake their heads in confusion, “Yo, Rok, what the heck are you smelling, what’s up with you?” A.J. asks.



“I would have thought for sure you smelled the jealously in this room.” Brian states smiling. Snickering is heard through out the room.



Howie rolls his eyes and mutters, “Whatever.”



Suddenly the front metal door slides open allowing entrance for the doctor and many of his soldiers along with Tony, Roy and Riley, the young guard.



Smiling, Dr. Sanchez brown eyes glitter with glee, “Well welcome everyone! I’m so glad you’re all awake. See I have a special treatment for all of you! I guess you had your fun playing tag in the building but play’s time over now. Tag, you’re it!” He growls, tapping Jamelet’s shoulder.



She shudders and stares at him in shock, “How could you! What you’re doing is illegal! If you think you can use innocents human lives for sick testing, you’re wrong, very wrong!”



Dr. Sanchez smacks her across her left cheek roughly. Her head turns to the side, the red marking of the man’s hand imprinted on her cheek. “Don’t ever question me! You should have known better than to help experiment 1a and 1b leave. You didn’t think you could get away with it right!”



Paige screams out, “NO! Oh God no! You’re sick, you know that! You won’t get away with this!” Her blue grey eyes open in fright. Her blond hair topples down on her shoulders as she gulps watching the doctor laugh.



Dr. Sanchez stares around the room with a hint of happiness on his face, “Shh, it’s my turn to play now. Since you so joyfully accepted to speak up against me, I’ll go for you for next.”



Ana growled, “You leave her alone! Why don’t you come and play with me? I’ve been waiting for quite a while for you to join in this little charade!”



He smiles, running his fingers through his brown hair. Waving his finger at Ana, he remarks, “Oh my Ana. You always did have something to say, I like that about you. Always protecting the younger test subjects. Believe me Ana, stop it! I mean who will help you now? It’s too late, you can’t run and you surely can’t hide. You’re now in my hands and you’re all caught.” The doctor states angrily. As he’s stating this, he rolls the metal table with the sharp instruments over to Jamelet.



“Now let’s begin, shall we?” The doctor states lifting a needle and examining it. He taps the glass tube on the large needle and smiles. He reaches over and grabs Jamelet’s arm, ripping the lab coat off her. “Stay still and we can get this done quick.”



Screams were in the room and Kevin shouts out, “Give me the shot first! Leave her for last. She’s your daughter for God’s sake!”



The doctor laughs and smiles at his direction. “Oh my boy I prefer my way. She goes first then the doctor over here.” He points over to Natalie.



“You’re a sick man!” Nick shouts out. His blue eyes blazing towards the doctor’s direction.



Tony and Roy laugh pointing their rifles at Nick’s head. “Hey, these are filled with real bullets, wanna try them out!” Roars Tony.



Nick gulps and stares helplessly at the doctor and Jamelet. Sanchez rolls up Jamelet’s green peasant top sleeve and smiles. “K my child, this will sting and then after a few minutes will begin to burn. But don’t worry, you won’t feel anything after words. I can promise you that.”



“What the hell is in the needle?” Cries out Dr. Natalie, her brown eyes wide open in fear.



“Oh, well it’s my little treatment I’ve been working on for the past few weeks. It’s seems I found an answer to the disease that was once lurking my other daughter’s body. So see sweetie, I’m helping you, not killing you. I’ll do the killing later after she’s all well.” The doctor growls, his eyes glittering dangerously at Natalie’s direction.



Brian, Howie and A.J. all hold their breaths waiting for what will happen. Dr. Sanchez giggles, “You know what’s so funny. I was beginning to like you all and then you had to go and mess that up. Tsk, tsk, really it’s a shame.” He lowers the needle into Jamelet’s arm as she screams out.



Suddenly the doctor drops the needle in surprise. The needle clatters on the tiles as the doctor’s mouth drops open. He collapses on the floor dead and all eyes stare at Riley. The six feet two inch young solider: holds a silencer in his hands. His chocolate skin shimmers in the bright white light of the room. His all black attire made him stand out of the white room.



“You killed him!” Roy shouts shooting at Riley.



Jamelet gulps and closes her eyes, the tears straining to fall.



Ana shouts out, “It’s too late for him! Jamelet, he was up to no good! He was gonna kill you! Riley saved your life.”



The young built and muscular soldier ducks down and begins shooting back at Roy. His unruly mess of short black curls lies hidden beneath his black cap. Soon Tony begins shooting with his rifle, the bullets gazing pass the innocent bystanders on the metal tables.



“We’re in a cross fire! We got to get out now, before it’s too late.” Howie shouts breaking free from the iron chains. Kevin, Brian, A.J. and Nick do the same and free Jamelet and Dr. Natalie from the chains.



Brian cries out in pain as a bullet slams into his left arm. “AWww, Awwwww! Oh God that hurts!” Whimpers Brian in pain as the silver bullet crashes into his soft flesh. After a few minutes, everyone is out of the chains and all make a run for the nearest door. The large metal door couldn’t be open from the inside since no one knew the code to unlock it.



“Wait! Where are you all going? The fun has just started! Tony states, grinning widely: fingering the trigger of his black rifle. “I mean the boss is out so now I get to do what I always wanted! You know what they say when the cat’s away, the mice will play.” Tony states, his dark complexion shining from the bright lights in the room. “I’ll just finish what Sanchez had planned this whole time. He was planning on injecting you all with acid.”



At that the girls gasp. “Acid?” Alison whispers, her brown eyes moist with tears. Dr. Natalie hold onto Paige and Jamelet and Summer nurses Brian’s arm.



“Yeah, acid! He was gonna let all of you burn from the inside out. I think that’s a great idea, I’ve always wanted to see people die first hand from the effects of it. It’s horrific and delightful all at the same time.” Tony states, his brown eyes staring at the men of the group. “You know I never did like your music, so this’ll be like payback for that.”



The five men stare at Tony with anger and suddenly his giant frame begins to shake uncontrollably. “Wh, wh, what’s going on?” Tony shouts in between his tremors. Roy raises his pistol and shoots at Kevin. The bullet races at Kevin and crashes into the wall missing its expected target.



“Damn!” Roy shouts out, his small frame shudders a bit. Holding the pistol tightly in his hands, he points and tries his luck again. This time the bullet hits the wall behind the group.



“Looks like you’re nervous Roy! What’s up with that?” Riley states, pushing his pistol towards Roy’s temple. “You can’t seem to hit the target right! Do I have to show you?!” He states growling.



Roy mumbles and raises his dark brown eyes at the Riley. “You wouldn’t have the guts to do it!”



“Try me!” Riley states. Riley pushes the tip of the gun more deeper into Roy’s temple.



Roy snarls, his brown complexion begins to sweat in fear. “Don’t push it boy!” Roy states.



Tony cries out and crashes to the floor, blood seeping out of from his neck due from Riley’s silencer. Suddenly smoke begins filling the room and everyone cries out in surprise. Tony’s crimson liquid spreads out across the white tiles, staining it.



“The smoke! The smoke it’s back again!” One of the soldiers screams out. “You know what happened the other time the smoke was out!” Another soldier screams out. All begin running to another door way where the door couldn’t be open. “NOOOO!!” The soldiers begins shouting, banging on another door.



“Brian!” Jamelet whispers, “Hey listen to me, did you have anything to do with this?”



Brian shakes his head, “I can’t, my powers are dormant in this room and you know it. That must just be regular smoke.” He whispers, looking at his bandaged arm in pain.



“OK, so now what?!” Summer states nervously her back against the white wall.



Kevin shrugs his shoulders, “I guess we wait and find another way out.”



“Dude there’s no other way out!” Nick shouts, his face full of apprehension.



“Actually there is! Follow me!” Riley’s voice shouts out suddenly surprising them, Roy escaped and runs with the other soldiers to another doorway .



“NO, you work for them! I ain’t following you!” Ana shouts out defensively, clutching her hands into fists on her side .



Riley pleads with them as the other soldiers ran around in the back looking for a way out unaware of Riley’s presence.



“Trust me, Sanchez trusted me the most and showed me all the secret areas and entries in this institution. So come, I saved one of you already, what more do you want me to do?”



Dr. Natalie sighs, her dark brown eyes flutter, “Fine, I mean do we really have a choice. You guys, look around us. We either stay here and die or leave this inferno and do something with our lives.”



Jamelet smiles, “Alright, well Riley lead the way. But remember if we find you suspicious I suggest you watch your back.”



Riley smiles and gives her a soldier’s salute, “Yes Ma’am, I understand completely. You can kill me if you think I’m up to no good!” He states helping carry the weak Paige in his arms through the thick white smoke.



A.J. sighs and shakes his head, staring at Howie he mutters, “I don’t know D. who to trust anymore.”



Howie shrugs his shoulders and pats A.J.’s left shoulder, “Well buddy let’s hope this guy doesn’t try to get us killed.” And with that the large group of six men and eight women jump down to hidden trap door to an underground lair.

~**~



**~TO BE CONTINUED…~**