- Text Size +
“Troubling Gifts”



**~A Mind Is A Terrible Thing Too Waste~**Unknown



**~Chapter Twenty-two-Lost and Found~**



Kevin sighs heavily and scrolls his green eyes across a wall. “Nothing, I don’t see anything.” He mutters over to Riley who’s holding a flashlight down the dark hallway.



Riley stares down the dusty pathway and points the dimming flashlight down it.



Brian coughs and gazes his blue orbs down the wall. “Hmmm… hey Riley you have any idea where one would take somebody who’s trespassing?”



Riley smiles, “Ah, see now you’re thinking! We usually bring them to Dr. Sanchez and then transfer them to the upper level floors, it can vary. Sometimes we put the trespassers on the fifth floor or down below in the lower basement levels.”



Nick interrupts, stepping between the two men, “Wait, this could take forever, I say we split up, three of us find Alison and the other three out for the medicine. Personally, I just wanna get the hell out of here and we’re spending too much yapping.”



A.J. laughs and pats Nick on the shoulder, “That’s right buddy, you tell them.”



Howie smiles, “Ok fine. Two groups it is.”



Riley shakes his head, “No, that’s not a good idea! I’m the only one here who knows the way around through security and I take risks letting you guys run around. You realize at this point you got your powers but the minute you reach the upper levels it will disappear for the time being. Then you’re helpless.” His brown eyes open wide in apprehension.



“Not the way I see it.” Brian states, shifting the rifle in his hands.



“Look, come on, we loaded with weapons and we’re pissed off. Besides I wanna get them back for that remark they made about our music.” A.J. smirks as he clicks and twists the upper part of the gun: snapping the bullets in place.



Riley laughs and begins walking down the hallway, “I’m telling you guys, splitting up is a bad idea. Look what happened the last time you guys attempted that splitting up move.”



Howie sighs, “Well we gotta do this fast. Look, I say me, Brian and Nick head out to get the medications and you, A.J. and Kevin find Alison. Deal?”



Riley passes his light chocolate fingers through his unruly black curls. Licking his lips softly, he lets out a sigh. “Man, I’ll regret doing this but we’re on a time limit. Howie, I’ll tell you where to go, listen carefully, I’m only telling you this once. Ok?”



Howie nods his head as Riley pulls out a marker and starts drawing a map on the dirty white wall.

~*~



“Look, I’m just saying I should have been there. None of this would have happened and we could have gotten away with everything. Now Dr. Sanchez is dead and Riley is off helping those fools.” The aggravated solider states slamming his pistol down hard on the rickety table top.



Roy sighs and stares at his friend who is still grumbling and complaining about the plan. “Calm down Damien. We’ll figure out something. We know this entire facility by heart. Those guys couldn’t find their way out of here even if they wanted too. You know everywhere outside is armed. We’re set. Chill out.” Roy states calmly, running his fingers down the side of his black cargo pants.



Damien stares back hard at Roy, his blue eyes gleaming in pure hatred. “I ain’t down with this whole letting the enemy have some fun. What if they’re smarter than they look? What if Riley gets them out and they escape. Then what? Huh? Tell me!”



Roy purses his lips and lets out a long deep breath. “We’ll make sure we won’t let that happen now, will we?”



The solider leans on the desk top facing Roy, he tugs on his all black attire matching similarly as Roy’s. “That’s a lot bull talking coming from you. Fine, since you so insist on this working out.” Damien states with sarcasm dripping in his voice. “Sanchez death wasn’t part of the plan and you know it.” He growls angrily.



Roy smiles, “Not at all, but it’s a lot easier, hell Riley is making our plan come out better. What a laugh, our enemy helped us out. I never did like that kid. I knew he was trouble from the beginning. Always quick to object, never wanting to follow orders. Always the rebellious type. Well Riley has another thing coming at him. He doesn’t know what he’s doing. Only following what he thinks is right.” Roy states sneering.



Damien laughs, his light pale complexion glittering in the bright light. Running his fingers through his short blond locks, he stands at a height of six feet two inches. He was a bit rugged looking in a sort of attractive way. Roy’s eyes lit up at he begins laughing. “Hey Damien, now that I’m looking at you in this light, did anyone ever tell you that you look like the blond kid in that group.”



Damien’s icy blue eyes glared out at Roy, “Yes, most unfortunately.” He states annoyed at Roy’s assumption.



Laughing, Roy suddenly had an idea, “This is great, I just thought of something.” Roy states, pushing a tiny red button on the wall near the desk. The wall spreads apart to reveal a large flat screen television showing a fuzzy picture of what looked like seven women in a room. No sound was heard except the buzzing sound of a bad focus on the camera screen.



Damien stares at the flat screen and shrugs his shoulders, “So, what’s your plan?”



Roy smiles, “You’ll see.” He states casually.

~*~



Summer sighs and places her head on a plush blue velvet pillow on the small sofa in the room. Sleeping was a difficult process, she wanted to sleep away the problems, hoping that when she wakes up she’ll be dreaming and none of this had happened. That when she opens her eyes, she’ll be in her bedroom and it was all just a nightmare. Her green eyes snaps open and she mutters a low profanity. “Aw, man this real. I hoping I was imagining everything.”



“Sorry, this is true.” Mutters Dr. Natalie, passing her fingers through her long brown hair. She stares at her painted nails and sighs sadly. “Jamelet, what do you think is our chances of getting out of here?”



Jamelet turns to face the young doctor and mutters, “One out of hundred. We’re lucky we got this far. I’m thinking the company is letting us wear out until we give up.”



Paige groans out in pain suddenly and Natalie rushes over giving the young girl a message on her spine. “K, sweetie this is gonna hurt, but it’ll help you relax ok.” Natalie whispers to Paige.



Paige nods and stares at Jamelet with sad blue grey eyes. Her blond locks topple around her shoulders, the orange tint ends gleaming in the light. She runs her fingers down her black tank top with a blue dragon on it and dark blue denims.



Jamelet tries smiling and nods her head, “We’ll get out of here for you.”



Rose mutters, “I should go with the guys, I could use my powers. Let me and Ana go.” She tugs on light pink flowered peasant top and run her fingers through her knee length jean skirt. Her blue eyes grew big in excitement as she taps her beige sandals impatiently on the forest green carpet. Her blond strands are tied up in very loose bun, locks topple gently on her shoulders from the bun.



Ana giggles, “Come on Jamelet, let me and Rose play. I say it’s time we showed those soldiers who’s really the boss.” Her bluish green eyes twinkle with mischievous as she stands in her tight dark blue tank top and light blue jeans torn on the knees. Her blond hair now tied in a loose low ponytail.



Jamelet stares out the window to see a large twenty feet gate, yards away surrounding the facility outside. “Even if we manage to leave the building, then we have that gate.”



Summer pats Jamelet’s shoulder and gazes out the window. “It’s so weird how out there is so calm, there’s a completely different life. A world of its own fearing other things.”



“It’s a different world in here.” Jamelet states, her medium light brown eyes twinkle in the light.



“And this world functions by different rules.” Dr. Natalie states, her light tan complexion glittering in the light.



Kimberly grumbles lying beside a hurt Paige on a black furry sofa all the while as Rose slips out the room. No one noted that Rose left the room or noticed when Rose opened the door and quietly left.

~*~



Once out the door, Rose stares at the dark hallway. Not being able to see anything, she stretches out her hand in the hallway. She reaches the end of the mile long pathway and feels for something, anything to take a hold of. Realizing it was a ladder her hand brushes up against, she grips the cold metal stairs in her hands and begins climbing up. She slides open the same trap door that earlier had saved her and the others. She climbs up in the laboratory room and she sees Dr. Sanchez’s corpse on the black tiles along side the dead corpse of what once was Tony. The room cleared out and no one except the dead bodies greeted her in the room. She walks over to the front metal door of the room and opens it only to be greeted by a mouth of a pistol.



“Hey there sweetie, where’d ya come from?” A soldier states, his brown eyes glittering. Rose backs up into the room and gulps. The broad all black attire dressed man stares roughly at her.



Rose knew she was trapped; there was no smoke to lose focus this time around so Rose walked close to the closed trapped door. Suddenly she opens her mouth and lets out a death defying scream, the glass windows in the room shatters and splitting the shards of glass panes crashing to the floor. The soldier screams out as his ear drums blow out, blood starts leaking out of his ears and trails down the side of his face. After what seemed like thirty seconds of the loud echoing of her screaming, Rose stops and watches the solider cupping his ears and covering it in agony. He seems in pain and is screaming on his knees. She stares at him and smiles, “Can I knock you off your feet?” She whispers.



The solider stares at her, confused from where he’s at on the floor. Suddenly she spreads her arms aside from her and a large grumbling starts, wisps of air start growing forming what seems like a small hurricane from the floor. The tiny whirling wind begins growing until it reaches the ceiling. Rose’s blue eyes are glowing a blazing blue and suddenly the soldier realized what was happening. Since he lost his hearing, now all he sees is the cold wind coming at him. He knew that as fast as that wind is coming at him, he’ll be torn apart and he stares at the wind too frozen in shock to move. Then the wind surrounds him, capturing him in its cold embrace. He screams as the wind cuts into his flesh and rips it off. Pieces of flesh and limbs are strewn across the room and the bright crimson liquid splashes on the black tiles. Rose brings her arms down and the hurricane vanishes like hence it started. “Nothing to it.” Rose whispers and makes her way back to the door.

~**~



**~TO BE CONTINUED…~**