- Text Size +
“Troubling Gifts”



**~A Mind Is a terrible thing to waste~**



**~Chapter Twenty Seven- On The Run~**



Roy glares at the TV screen as he races to the large window, showing Damien his partner dead on the ground. “Damn,” He whistles, shaking his head sadly at the dead corpse. “Man, Damien what happened? You fool. You should have came up here instead of leaving through the front. Moron. You forgot you were dressed like that kid. Well, rest buddy. I guess you weren’t man enough to handle this. It’s up to me now.” Roy states, his light brown hands grab the small pistol. “Well baby, it’s time for the plan, all you gotta do is hit them good. Make them scream in pain as they choke on their blood.” He whispers to his small pistol. He puts it away in one of the many different pockets located on his black cargo pants. He walks back to the desk and pushes a tiny red button found hidden on the side of the mahogany desk. Smiling, the red alarms are set off and begin to blink and twirl. The soldiers knew the warning and begin racing out the building armed and ready. Roy looks out the window before leaving his office and realizes Damien wouldn’t have left if the experiments were still indoors. “They’ve escaped!” He mutters angrily as he fixes the bullet proof vest on him. The loud alarms ring in his ears, bringing him to pure ecstasy. Laughing, his brown eyes scan the room as he gathers up more arsenal and heads out the room. Placing the bullets in place, he smiles and heads out the room, closing the thick mahogany door behind him. “They can’t run from the government, I know where they live!” He whispers manically laughing and heads down the hallway stairs to an exit.

~*~



“We don’t have time for this!” Summer screams as she covers her arms from the loud ringing alarms that are now set off.



“The alarms are off! They know!! We can’t be here! Let’s go!” Natalie yells over the loud alarm. Her dark brown hair blows in the wind loosely as she clutches the colorful vials in her white lab pocket. Her light tan complexion glowed in the soft moonlight that shimmered down on them tonight.



Riley stares at Nick on the ground and stands up still pointing the pistol at him. “Say anything and I’ll kill you now Damien!”



Nick cowered on his knees and raises his hands in the air. He tried talking but his voice choked up. He was in pure terror and his voice wasn’t cooperating with him.



Brian looked at him in pity and hatred, “How can you let an innocent live die? How could you?” Brian screamed in rage and backslaps Nick across his left face.



Nick held back tears that sprang in his eyes and shakes his head. His throat felt raw and dry and his voice seemed to have left. That hurt to hear that from his friend.



Riley runs his fingers through his unruly black curls and sighs, “Should we take him with us? We could let the soldiers loose on him to see him scream in pain.”



Nick’s blue eyes raised fear and horror as he chokes out, “Please, stop! It’s me! Don’t hurt me! Please I can prove it to you!”



Riley shakes his head and feeling no pity for the blonde man, he mutters, “We ain’t got no time for his jokes, lets cuff him and take him with us. Maybe he can provide us with some vital info.”



Kevin nods his head and pulls out a pair a handcuffs to put it on Nick’s wrist.



“Hurry, oh God they see us!” Kimberly yells in horror, her dark brown eyes alighted brightly with the amber rings in it. Her dark brown hair fluttered in the cool night, the red highlights toppling over her shoulders.



A.J. looks back to see over ten soldiers spotting and pointing at the group. They start running towards A.J.’s direction. He mutters a low profanity and races off into the woods followed by Brian, Howie with Paige in his arms, Jamelet, Summer, Rose, Kevin holding Nick by the arm with Natalie on the other side and Riley pointing his gun at Nick and holding the comatose Alison in his other arm.



Bullets chatter the night air as it pierces and strikes the trees. Yelling was heard coming from the soldiers as they shoot at the group, bullets gazing over Rose’s and Kimberly head. Shouts of orders were given from the soldiers as guns fired away.



“Watch out!” Jamelet shouts as she grabs Kimberly and pulls her out of the stray bullet’s path. The forest was thick and difficult to get through. Tons of trees surrounded the group as they race though the dark forest. The trees block any light from entering and A.J. stopped short in the run stalling the others.



“What! What is it?” Howie asks in alarm.



“Where’s the exit out of here?” A.J. asks as he turns down another array of trees.



“Dude just go straight!” Nick shouts suddenly as Riley pushes his pistol in Nick’s temple.



“Didn’t I tell you if you spoke you’ll get shot!” Riley growls, fingering the trigger.



Nick stares at Riley, “I can’t believe this, look I can show you, dig in my jean pockets, my wallet should be there!”



Riley smirks, “Oh yeah. Like I’ll fall for that Damien! I ain’t stupid! Now move this is a warning, the next time I’ll shoot!” He growls eyeing the blonde man in front of him.



Nick stares at Riley, “Do you want me to set fire on the building? We’re not that far away, I think I can hit it from here.” His blue eyes beginning to glow a bright blue as he stares at the estranged CAPPA building a few feet away from him.



Riley pulls Nick’s arm suddenly, “Move! Your talking is wasting time!” He states, pulling out a small magnum from his black vest and putting away the pistol in his vest.



Nick gulps nodding his head and runs off following the rest of the group.



“Ana! It’s time! Go!” Jamelet states, giving Ana orders. Ana smiles and laughs as she stands in front of the forest waiting the oncoming soldiers.



A.J. and Summer gaze over the complete darkness they’re surrounded in and crash into Howie.



“It’s too dark, it’s gonna get dangerous if we move further into this forest!” Summer shouts to the group. Her short blonde tresses are tied in a ponytail as her green eyes try to adjust to the darkness.



Riley nods his head, “What do you think would be the best motive? We’re already in the forest . Let’s just go and find the end.”



“How? We can’t see!” Paige states in Howie’s arm.



“I have an idea!” Howie states as he gently places Paige on her feet. “Can you walk alright?”



Paige nods her head, “Yeah, Natalie managed to help my back a lot. I can make it.” Her blonde tresses hung down her shoulders over her black tank top with the drawing a blue dragon on it.



Howie smiles, “K good. Everyone get behind me!”



The group crowds behind Howie, each crashing and stumbling over one other as they gather behind him. Howie’s eyes lit up, shooting out a ray of light from his eyes. Some dry leaves burned as a shot of lightening strikes a tree setting it on fire. The forest alit brightly as the tree’s leaves burned under the tiny flames. Another set of lightening strikes the tree across from it as it lights up as well. The exit was a few feet away as an open deserted highway loomed before them.

~*~



During this time Ana rushes to the front of the forest while about ten armed soldiers came at her. One masked man points his gun and snarling he states, “Get the hell out of my way!”



Ana laughs and bats her bluish green eyes at the man. “Well that’s a mean way of getting people out your way now ain’t it?” She states smiling. Another masked man begins shooting, the bullets gazing her body. Glaring at them, she raises her hands in front for her. The cold mist in her body raises as she blows out with her lips a poof of cold air.



The soldiers murmur and back away knowing full well the power of this experiment. “She’s the ice chick!” One of the masked soldiers states, pointing his rifle at her.



One running solider comes at her and he drops on his knees screaming holding his head in his hands. He was freezing from the inside out as he screams out in pure pain. The other soldiers watch in terror as the man freezing had his abdomen iced and burst open, spilling out the frozen organs onto the green grass. The cold icy red crimson liquid splashes on the grass.



“Oh man!! Did you see that?” One of them shouted, screaming in fear. “What the hell is wrong with her?” he shouted as he started firing at her. Ana laughed as she stretches her hand out, a spray of ice started rising on the soldier’s leg as he tries to shoot at her. She ducks and moves out of the oncoming bullets way as she continues to let the ice climb the man’s leg. The other soldiers scatter in fear and run back to the building while Ana laughs watching the soldier freeze in her ice. She smiles and turns back to go into the forest but notices Nick standing there beside her.



Ana glares at him and brushes past him. “You came too late. I already disperse of them.” She states, watching Nick mesmerize in terror at the results of the two frozen dead solider.



Nick smiles, “I came to finish up, I think you might wanna stick around for this.” His blue eyes glow a bright cloudy blue as he stares at the tall CAPPA institution. Ana sits down cross-legged on the grass besides Nick who stands ready to let the flames out. Suddenly fire shoots out and engulfs the building. Another shot of fire slams on the side of the building slowly burning through the raw metal. Nick continues letting fire shoot out of him until he felt the entire facility was burning peacefully. Few screams were heard a mist the crackling of the fire. He hears giggling coming from Ana. Turning, he looks down at the happy young woman. “What’s so funny?”



Ana smiles, tugging on her tight blue tank top and light blue jeans torn on the knees. “You forgot to bring the marshmallows. I didn’t know we were gonna be camping out.” She states enjoying the sight of the prison that held her from life and society. The building that held her captive for so many years is now turning into melted metal and that brought joy to her.



“Come on, let’s go. The company set out helicopters and more soldiers are loose on the ground. We have to meet up with the others now before we get lost.” Nick states, eyeing the burning building.



“Ashes to ashes.” Ana states walking away with Nick leading the way.



“Dust to dust you little wench!” Roy growled hiding a few feet away from them with some other armed soldiers ready to shoot.

~**~



**~TO BE CONTINUED…~**