- Text Size +
A/N: Yup that’s right this is the next chapter you guys are staring back at. Smile! I thought of all of you guys and wanted to write this chapter up for you all to enjoy. Sadly the next chapter is the last chapter for this story. *sighs* I know, I know. You guys liked this story so much but we have to end this eventually. So don’t be sad, you got one more chapter till it’s over! Don’t forget to drop a review and enjoy!



“Troubling Gifts”



**~A Mind Is A Terrible thing to waste~**



**~Chapter Twenty-nine- A Fight for Freedom~**



A.J. peers out the truck window to see more than five large helicopters coming in his direction. “Damn, how we gonna escape this?” He mutters softly over the loud pattering of bullets, soldiers running and the flapping of the helicopters.



Summer smiles gently and her green eyes shine in the moonlight, “Don’t worry about this, we’re almost there, just drive a few miles down and we’re out of here!” She states happily, her blond locks toss over her shoulders gently as Paige giggles.



“There’s too many of the soldiers around here!” Paige yelps as a bullet crashes into the front van window. Screaming in fear she fidgets with the handle ready to leap out. Her blond locks are tied in a ponytail, the edges of her hair tinted in orange.



“Paige please calm down, I need you to be ok, your gonna lose control of your powers if you keep it up!” Summer shouts over the rumbling of the truck.



“Too many bullets, get the guys out!” A.J. shouts with panic and concern in his voice. His chocolate eyes glazed in fear as he stares at the side window staring at the ten on motorcycles at the back of the truck.



Paige continues to fiddle with the door handle as Summer pulls Paige’s hand away. “Stop it, you could fall out like that.”



Paige in nervousness flings open the door as she topples out and rolls on the concrete road.



“Paige!” Summer screams out as the trunk continues moving forward. “Stop the truck! Paige fell!”



A.J. shakes his head, “I can’t there’s too many soldiers running on the side of the truck. I stop and we’re all dead!” A.J. shouts as more bullets crash on to the side of the truck. “Tell them to go!”



Summer gulps as she sticks her head out to see Paige standing up surrounded by soldiers.



“Paige!” Rose and Kimberly shout as they see her getting circled by armed masked black dressed soldiers.



Suddenly as the ten looked on, they see the armed soldiers collapse on the floor as a river of water comes shooting out of their mouths.



“What the hell is that?!” Nick shouts as he watches the soldiers die.



“She drowned them!” Kimberly states, her dark brown eyes with amber rings begin to glow, “And I’m about to give them some of my medicine!” She giggles as her dark brown eyes glowed brightly in the night. She turns to face more soldiers this time in army jeeps. The armed soldiers beginning to shoot as Kimberly stares at them.



“I’m going back to get Paige, can you stay here on the back of the truck till I get her back.” Riley states to Dr. Natalie as he backs off the truck. Riley’s light chocolate complexion shines brightly in the streetlights as small drops of his sweat roll down his face.



She nods her head as Riley throws her a small pistol. Her light tan complexion glittered in the night lights. She catches the weapon in her hands as Riley shouts, “Just in case” And drives back to get Paige.

~*~



Kevin shouts “Let’s get off the truck now!” His motorcycle rolls off the back of the truck onto the slick pavement and the others do the same.



Jamelet flings her arms on Kevin’s shoulder as she stares around in fear. Kevin smiles and shouts to Jamelet, “Listen to me, you have to drive this thing, while I stop the soldiers.”



Jamelet shakes her head no rapidly, her light brown eyes glittering in fear, “No way! I can’t drive this thing! I don’t even have a license yet!” Her peach complexion glittered in fear, “You’re kidding me right?!” She shouts over the bumpy road, her dark medium brown locks tumble around her shoulders as the wind presses on them.



“No, now move! We’re switching places.” Kevin shouts, his green eyes sparkling in the moonlight and street lamps. His black spikes blended with the darkness of the night.



Kevin stops the motorcycle and they both switch places, this time Kevin sits with his back against Jamelet so he can see the soldiers coming at them. Kevin looks up at a helicopter and feels the red lasers burning in his eyelids. The lasers shoot out and strike the front of the helicopter causing it to explode in the air. Screaming was heard as the erupting explosion shakes the ground. Jamelet laughs in fear as she tries to steer the vehicle to the best of her ability.

~*~



Ana’s laughter erupts as the group continues driving following A.J. in the truck. She clutches onto Howie as they too switch places, leaving Howie sitting behind her with his back against hers. “Ana, I hope you can drive this thing.” He whispers, his short wavy brown locks blow gently in the wind. Ana giggles as she grips the bars and steers the motorcycle steadily. His tan complexion glowed brightly in the golden street lights.Hois





Ana smiles and turns to face his back, whispering she giggles, “Well if I haven’t failed that driver’s test before hand this would be legal for me now wouldn’t it?”



Howie plastered a frightened look across his face as Ana laughs, her bluish green eyes twinkling in delight as her light blond locks flutter down her broad shoulders. “You’re kidding right?” He asks nervously as she grips the bars and drives the motorcycle down the lane.



Ana nods her head and blows him a kiss, “Baby would I lie to you?”



Howie gulps, “I wouldn’t what to know.” And he smiles at her before staring at the oncoming helicopters that were shooting at them. Bullets crash next to their feet as Howie stares up at the helicopters. Large sparks of electricity shoots out of the helicopter, suddenly one of the helicopters stop in mid air and falls down towards the ground rapidly. Howie laughs as the helicopter crashes on the ground, sending tremors in the pavement.



A.J. sticks his head out the window, laughing in joy as clapping is heard from the others.



“Nice! Way a go D! That was hot!” Summer shouts from out the black truck’s window as the others laugh.

~*~



Riley drives up and grabs Paige in the backseat, “Girl you lucky you got those powers. Are you ok? By the way, I must say nice killing.”



Paige giggles, her blonde locks blowing in the wind. “Thanks, it’s not a big deal really.” She whispers holding onto Riley’s broad shoulders as he pulls away from the lane and races to catch up with the others. His black unruly curls blows gently in the cool breeze.



Paige looks back to see army tanks and jeeps riding up to them. One masked armed soldier points a rifle at Paige’s direction as he shoots. The bullets miss and strike the front wheel of Nick’s motorcycle.

~*~



Nick feels the motorcycle slip his grip as he crashes on the ground, the motorcycle slides away from him as Rose tumbles on the hard pavement. The motorcycle is on its side, the front wheel spinning rapidly.



“Rose! You ok?” Nick shouts over the roaring of the bullets as he lands on his back.



Rose gazes dizzily at him and nods her head as she drags her knees and crawls over to him. A small trail of crimson blood dribbles from her lower lip. “Yeah, I’m just peachy Nicky boy.” She croaks out sarcastically, her voice a bit shaky.



Nick runs his fingers over his blond spikes as the he looks at the rest of group fighting off soldiers from all different areas. His blue eyes blink brightly as he turns to see four army tanks pull up near by him.



“They’re gonna kill us!” Rose stutters in pure horror as fifteen soldiers hop off the tank and walk towards them shooting.



Nick gulps and tells Rose to calm down, staring at the soldiers, he feels his inside burning as a rage of fire blast out of his hand. The fire ball crashes into the army tank and the tank explodes sending a spray of soldiers out of the way.



Rose laughs as the wind picks up immensely. What felt like an invisible storm of hurricane crashes onto the soldiers tearing them apart. Five more soldiers ran towards Nick angrily shooting and missing all the way. Nick’s blue eyes cloud suddenly as sparks of small fire balls land on the ground encircling the soldiers.



One masked soldier cries out, “What the hell is he doing to us?”



“He’s surrounding us with the fire! We’re burning!” Another masked solider cries out as the flames gather in a circle begins to spin around them enveloping them.



The flames begin to eat through the suits of the soldiers as the cries of pain filled screams fill the air.



Rose laughs and claps as the flames die down revealing five scorched burnt bodies. “Wow, was it hot for you as it was for me?” She asks giggling.



Nick wipes his palm across his sweaty forehead and sighs. “It was extremely hot for me!” he smirks in her direction as they board the motorcycle and drive off to catch up with the others.

~*~



Kimberly turns around to see the screaming soldiers burnt and crumble to the ground. She grips onto Brian’s shoulder as Brian whispers to her. “Kim, you drive while I take the back and watch out for us, ok?”



Kimberly nods her head as Brian stops and switches places with her. Seating in the front, she grips the bars and sighs, her dark brown hair glitters in the moonlight reflecting her red highlights from the golden street lamps. Her light tan complexion skin glitters beautifully in the natural light. Brian stares at the running soldiers as Kimberly pulls away in the motorcycle. Brian stares at the soldiers and they collapse dead on the floor. Kimberly turns around to see the masked black attired soldiers gag and fall on the ground dead.



Kimberly shivers at the thought of having such an incredible power and concentrates on the driving. Suddenly an army pulls up in front of Kimberly and starts shooting at them. Brian topples off the motorcycle as a bullet strikes him on his arm. “Brian!”



“Keep driving! I’ll be ok!” He shouts back as some soldiers drop dead when they near him.



Kimberly stops the motorcycle as the ricocheting bullets thunder beside her. A bullet grazes pass her arm, making a small cut. She growls and stares at the army tank as the ground begins to shake beneath the tank. The soldiers crash onto the ground and try to stand up. A large bubble in captures one soldier as he screams loudly. The bubble pops and upon that the soldier begins to physically melt in the black attire. Pieces of melted flesh slide off the bone as the crimson blood boils and bubbles on the ground. The soldier crashes on the ground dead as the others scream and shoot wildly at Kimberly’s direction.



Brian smiles and watches as Kimberly stares hard at the other remaining soldiers. Suddenly the ground where the soldiers are standing on begins to bubble and spread apart, revealing what looked like lava emerging from the ground beneath. The smoldering orange thick lava swallows the soldiers and burns through them entirely. Brian sucked his teeth and backs away from Kimberly. “Wow, I don’t ever what to piss you off!”



Kimberly smiles and giggles, “Lucky I like you. All will be forgiven if you sing to me.”



Brian smiles and passes his pale hands through his sandy blonde hair, “Ok, remind me later. I owe you.”



Kimberly giggles and gives him a thumbs up, “No problem, I’ll remember!” And with that both board the motorcycle making their way to the end of the lane.

~*~



Summer stares at Alison who is still asleep. “Hey did you see that? They’re all gone!” A.J. states suddenly interrupting the silence in the truck.



Summer smiles and nods her head, “Yeah, looks like the soldiers are still coming and I think I see a tank coming up next to us.” She states nervously as a masked soldier pulls out a rifle facing her direction. The point of the rifle breaks the side window when the soldier breaks the window with the gun. “Uh, A.J. there’s, there’s a guy with gun pointing at me!”



A.J. looks and shakes his head, “I got this covered, take the driver’s seat and move over! I’ll take care of this guy.”



Summer climbs over Alison as A.J. slides beneath her. He pushes Alison over next to him, his body against the window as he stares at the rifle facing him. Summer grins and grabs the wheel, pushing her feet on the pedal. She can feel the freedom so close to her. Soon she’ll be out of this place and get away from all the horror.



A.J. stares at the guy and the army tank, he smiles and leans his head out the truck window in the passenger’s side. “Tell me how high you can fly?” Then with that, the army tank rolls over on its side and crashes over the edge of a nearby small cliff. The tank rolls off the cliff and disappears in the darkness. “Hey you guys didn’t tell me how high you flew?” He grumbles playfully as Summer smirks, one eye on A.J. “We’re almost there Summer!”



Summer smiles and winks at him, “Did that hurt to flip that tank over?”



A.J. pouts jokily, “It hurt my head. But I’ll deal I guess.”



Summer smiles as she glances on the side mirror to see the other five motorcycles behind her. She feels her heart patter as her fingers grip the wheel. Just two more steps and they’re over the army line, out of the institution and away from the government. Summer drives over the white painted line and passes the wooden sign that states: “You’re now leaving CAPPA station of Washington D.C.”



A.J. hollers in joy as Summer burst out laughing, full of joy. She can hear the others in the motorcycles pull up next to her cheering and screaming, until out of the shadows, Roy steps out with a grenade in his hands and a whole army of soldiers behind him ready to shoot on command.



“Maybe you shouldn’t count your chickens before they hatch!” Roy states, his brown complexion glittering in the moonlight in his black attire. Roy smiles and stares at the thirteen people. “You guys cause me enough hell. It ends now!” And with that flings a grenade into the trucks side broken window where A.J. is sitting.



Nick sighs and stands dizzily knowing he couldn’t use his powers. He looks around and notices the same thing with all the others in the experiment and shakes his head.



Suddenly a loud scream was heard from Alison as she wakes up. Her straight brown hair topples over her shoulders as her brown eyes open wide in distress. The screams shake the ground, air and everything in it. And everyone stares at her in shock.

~**~



**~TO BE CONTINUED…~**