- Text Size +
“Troubling Gifts”



**~Chapter Four- No Results~**



Kevin stares around the waiting room in the doctor’s clinic impatiently as he gazes at the other guys. The gray walls are covered neatly with artistic painting and posters. The warm yellow light cascades down the room from one glass chandelier, hanging above them. Brian is nibbling on his lower lip nervously while Howie starts flipping through pages of a magazine reclining on the soft beige leather sofa. Nick taps his sneakers on the black tiles nervously and lets out annoyed sigh. And A.J. keeps checking the clock on the wall tensely and stares at Kevin with a worried expression on his face fiddling his fingers.



“Kev. You think they found out something. Cause we’ve been waiting here for a while now.” A.J. whispers, sitting next to Howie who’s right across from Kevin.



Kevin gulps, “I don’t know. It must be taking a while for them to find anything in our blood.”



Nick fingers the small white bandage on his arm where a few minutes ago, a doctor took samples of his blood as well as the other guys. Now here they are waiting for some form of results to arrive.



Brian sighs and stands up, pacing back and forth in the waiting room. “Kev. He’s coming, the doctor’s coming.” His blue eyes stare at the entrance of the waiting room, as all other eyes follow Brian’s.



A tall dark Caribbean man, his complexion a warm dark chocolate which shines brightly in the florescent light, enters the room. His big gray eyes scan the five men in the room. He opens his lab coat and pulls out a pen. In his hands, he held a small manila folder with a sheet of paper in it.



“Doctor Robertson, did you find any thing that can help us?” Brian states, his eyes practically pleading with the doctor for the results.



“Gentlemen, I’m sorry to say, but in all reality, nothing is wrong with any of you. You’re all very healthy. That’s good news! You should be happy. Nothing was found in your blood and as for any of you suffering from depression. From what I got, talking with each of you in my office. You’re all very emotionally healthy. I can’t tell from anything else why those strange occurrences happen or why it happened? But maybe it’s just from a very hyper imagination.” The doctor states, his Trinidadian accent showing clearly in his voice.



“Imagination? Doctor that can’t be it!” Howie states concerned. “What we experienced last night has never happen before. You can’t tell me why I have electricity shooting out of me?! I can’t believe this.” Howie states nervously as A.J. gulps anxiously. Brian runs over to comfort Howie who’s shaking in fear.



“Doc, look is there any where you can recommend for us to go get ourselves check out? I mean this isn’t normal. Last night my friend A.J. lifted his arm and a vase was magically picked up and thrown across the room! There has to be a deeper explanation as to what’s causing this.” Kevin states, his emerald eyes unfocused as he fights some frustrated tears from filling his eyes.



“Sir I can understand why you would feel this way. This is a strange phenomenon for all of us. I myself have never heard of such a story as yours. But I think I can help. I know of a doctor or rather a neurosurgeon who can help you. If you truly believe this is happening to you, then maybe doctor Rodriguez can help you locate the problem. This can be more of a mental issue and he can help find the solution. Will that be ok?” Dr. Robertson states.



Howie sighs and Nick stares at Kevin with a worried expression on his face.



“Kev. I don’t know about this. A mental issue? I don’t like this whole thing.” Nick states, his blue eyes staring deeply into Kevin’s eyes.



“I think the doctor can help us. I sure for one will not leave until I find out what the heck was that thing that was shooting out of my hands.” Howie states confidently.



Brian gulps and walks to Kevin. “It’s up to you, If you think this can be a good idea then I’m down with this.”



Kevin nods his head, “How fast can see this doctor Rodriguez?” He questions Dr. Robertson.



“As fast as you need him.” The doctor replied.



“Ok, then I say now.” A.J. replies. All the others nod their nods as Dr. Robertson goes behind the counter to arrange an appointment for them.

~*~



Dr. Rodriguez shuffles through piles of papers and scribbles something down. His dark brown eyes scan the paper in front of him as he passes his caramel fingers through his short raven colored hair. He’s a young clean cut doctor. Smiling, he stares at the five men, two sitting, while three are standing. “Ok, gentlemen. This is the deal, as of right now, I can’t give any of you a cat scan until I receive a recommendation from Dr. Robertson.”



He just sent us to you, he said to do whatever it takes to find the cause of the problem.” The blue eyed sandy haired Kentuckian whispers, sitting in a brown folding chair besides the doctor’s desk.



“Gentlemen, I just can’t give you a cat scan. I’ll need to know your health issues before this can be done. Also, you guys are performers right?” Doctor Rodriguez states, smiling.



Nick smiles a little and nods, “Oh, yeah. We’re a singing group. We actually have a concert tonight.”



The doctor laughs, “While I know this sounds weird but my daughter is a big fan and I was hoping I can get you guys autograph for my little girl.”



Brian smiles, “We would love to!” He states passing the paper around so the other guys can sign.



“What’s your daughter’s name?” Howie states smiling.



“Her name is Paul, uh, Paula.” The doctor replies blushing.



A.J. laughs, “It’s ok, we have fans of different ages.”



Brian hands back the sign paper to the doctor smiling. “Well, Doctor, I guess we should leave now. We have to get ready for the concert tonight.”



Dr. Rodriguez smiles and shakes hands with the men. “Come back to me with your health records from the Dr. Robertson after you’re done with tonight’s concert. I’ll help ya get the info you guys need.”



“Great, thanks!” A.J. smiles waving bye to the doctor. As the group heads out the door, Nick; the last one to leave the office, turns back to the doctor and smiles. “Thanks for helping us Paul er, uh, Dr. Rodriguez.”



Laughing, the doctor tells him to keep quiet about that. “Shhh. Hope ya not mad ‘bout the whole postponing the cat scan thing.”



“Na, we can survive. So we’ll see ya tomorrow then with the records and stuff, bye!” Nick states leaving the room to catch up to the other guys.



The doctor closes his folder and closes his office door. He picks up the phone to call Dr. Robertson.



“Ello” the response came from the other phone.



“Hey look it’s me, Paul. How is everything going Dasel?” Dr. Rodriguez asks.



“Well, how is everything with you? Did you sent up an appointment with them?” Dr. Robertson asks.



“Not yet, listen Dasel. I think these are the missing people from Experiment 1b. Can you call Cappa about this? I think they’ll wanna know that their experiment is turning out to be a success.” Dr. Rodriguez whispers quietly as he locks the office door.



Laughter was heard on the other line, “Paul, I’ll do it, but how do you know it’s them?”



“It has to be Dasel, think about it. The experiment was done on five infants of random ages. The so called vaccination was given to five young boys. The ages match exactly when they were first injected with the special liquid. Tell me, what did you see in their blood?”



“You know what I saw, I saw the tiny white crystals in their blood stream. The crystals that gives them that power they were so called complaining about.” Dr. Robertson states.



“Oh man, you know what this means, since we found them, it looks like we’ll be living like kings. I’m thinking of buying a yacht near my soon to be mansion by the beach.” Dr. Rodriguez states laughing.



Dr. Robertson joins in the laughter, “I’ll get right to it, I’m sure Cappa will want to get their hands on these guys, since it’s been such a great successful experiment.”



“They’ll be happy. Man I guess we got front row seats on this plan now don’t we?” Dr. Rodriguez states.



“You bet! Well Paul, I’ll talk to ya later, I have a patient arriving in a few.” Dr. Robertson states, saying goodbye and hanging up the phone.



Smiling, Dr. Rodriguez, reclines on his leather seat and picks up the phone to make a quick call to the government assembly to inform them that their precious cargo will be at an arena performing a concert tonight.

~**~



**~TO BE CONTINUED…~**