- Text Size +
“Troubling Gifts”



**~Chapter Five- Welcome To CAPPA-**



Yawning, the young woman gets up from her seat in her office and paces back and forth, her black high heeled strapped shoes click on the waxed mahogany planks of her office. She brushes some medium brown strands behind her ears and fixes her hair style, which today was pinned up with a clip. Smiling, her peach complexion shines brightly in the yellow florescent light. Staring at a full length mirror near her small dark mahogany desk, she fixes her green peasant top and rubs her fingers down her black cotton skirt. It’s a simple outfit, casual for the job she obtained in the company of CAPPA. She throws on the white lab coat all employees are asked to wear. She applies some cinnamon lipstick on her pink lips to give her some color on her face. She leans on the edge of her desk and bites her lowers lip in nervousness. Her door opens and in enters the new intern of CAPPA.



Her short blond hair tumbles in her shoulders loosely and her green eyes shine brightly revealing the gold specks in the center of her eyes. Her few freckles appear through the light blush on her cheeks and she smiles taking a seat in front of the desk. Her pale skin shines in the light brightly. She tugs on her white lab coat and crosses her legs staring at the woman leaning on the desk. She taps her black strapped shoes on the floor.



“Morning Miss Summer.” The young woman says staring at the intern in the seat.



Summer smiles and tugs on her green lace tank top and fiddles with her black cotton knee length skirt. “Morning to you too, Miss Jamelet. You seem preoccupied about something. Can I help?”



Jamelet smiles and shakes her head, “Nothing for you to worry about Miss Summer.”



Summer sighs, “You know you can call me just Summer, the whole Miss in front of it sounds so professional right now. Besides, I’m on break. Summer will do just fine.”



Jamelet smiles, “Ok, well I guess you can just call me Jamelet then. The company is so strict on being professional at all times I forget what it feels like to say a person’s name without the mister or miss in it.”



Summer giggles, “I think you’ve been working here too long. I heard I should soon call you doctor Jamelet. Looks like you’re getting your medical degree shortly.”



Jamelet waves her hand gently in the air laughing, “I think it’ll be years before I can pull through with that degree.”



“So Jamelet, are you gonna tell me what’s up? You look like something’s bugging you.” Summer states, beaming happily, settling in the soft leather chair.



Jamelet giggles and pulls her leather chair out from behind the desk to sit down next to Summer. “It’s well, I heard a rumor that the experiment that was done more than a decade ago with some people have been seen with positive results. A Doctor Robertson called earlier today to say he discovered the five men with the crystalline liquid in their blood system that provides special powers.”



“Special powers?” Summer asks, her eyes opening wide in curiosity.



“Remember the secret information that was withheld from you last week about some experiment?” Jamelet asks, watching Summer nod her head in remembrance.



“While I know I’m not suppose to be saying this, but I feel I can trust you. I mean you’ve been working here for almost two months. I feel you should know exactly what you’re really working in.” Jamelet states quietly staring at the closed office door.



Summer gulps, “Somehow I feel this news you’re gonna tell me won’t be good.”



Jamelet nods her head, sighing sadly she stares at Summer. “I guess I should start from the beginning. Before there was a CAPPA. A little history lesson before I tell ya.”



Summer leans back on the black leather seat and waits for Jamelet to begin the story.



“About thirteen years ago, my father, who’s now the boss of CAPPA- this secret organization, began working in politics. Frustrated that he wasn’t making a difference in the government to help find a cure for a disease that my sister had gotten, he decided to create an underground experimentation by testing animals with what he believed could hold the answer to being a cure for her disease. Unfortunately, my step sister didn’t survive the disease that had overtaken her. Her blood was somehow diseased with what seemed like poison. She died about thirteen years ago, sending my father to almost lose his mind. Still working with the government, he decided to open up a testing center with well educated doctors to help him find a cure for that disease that poisoned my step sister. Somehow he found a way to help stop that disease but he needed test subjects to analysis how it will function on a human body. It was a success, the problem is the medication left the subjects with unusual powers or as my father used to say ‘gifts.” Thus we had Experiment 1A. The five women tested on this, unfortunately had negative results. They somehow manage to gain abilities to do things with their minds. But they become so anti social, government feared they are a threat to society. Now these woman are held here.”



“As prisoners!” Shouted a shocked Summer.



“Something like that. My dad figured if he can find out what went wrong with them, he can release the mediation out to the public to help those who need it. Of course again he needed test subjects and he just couldn’t announce that to the community. He knew people cared for their own safety and the last thing they wanted to be was part of an experiment that can go wrong. So with the government’s permission, he got some doctors in a few clinics spread out in the country to experiment with the new medication. The doctors agreed and instead of testing women this time, my father decided to try it on men. Chosen at random, the doctors gave the medication instead of using the medicine for vaccination to five boys of different ages, throughout the country. One boy was given the medication in New York. Another boy was given that same medication in Miami, two others were given that same medication in Lexington Kentucky and the last one in Palm Spring, Florida. Now word has it that those five boys are grown and are doing well socially and are completely healthy. The experiment was a success and now my dad wants to get them and see what they can do. See this medication has the same negative effects of giving the subjects powers or gifts. Mentally, these men are powerful and they don’t know it yet.” Jamelet finishes, taking a deep breath in worry.



Summer sits there with her mouth open as she takes in what was just told to her. “How can this be? What if that medication could have killed those innocent lives? Everyone responds to medicine differently you know.”



Jamelet nods her head, “That wouldn’t be possible, my father is a chemist and knows how a human body can respond to such a medicine.”



“What about these men? Will they get caught to get experimented on?” Summer speaks nervously, getting goose bumps from listening to the horror of this job she got herself in.



“Maybe not, if they cooperate then nothing will happen to them.” Jamelet whispers softly feeling Summer’s green eyes piercing her.



“And, and, if they don’t wanna do what is told, will they get hurt?” Summer whispers frighten.



“I hope not.” Jamelet states sighing.

~*~





The Black and Blue Concert was about to begin in a few minutes and the excitement was running through backstage.



A.J. taps his foot nervously and takes a deep breath. Nick stands next to him and gives him a big smile.



“Yo, you ready?” Nick asks excitedly, the lights glowing on his blond spikes.



A.J. nods his head, “As ready as I’ll ever be!” He whispers animated, jumping up and down ready for the concert to begin. His brown eyes twinkle and he runs his fingers through his black and red dyed hair.



Howie laughs, his brown eyes glittering happily and stands next to Kevin. Brian hurries to take his place next to Nick, his blue eyes twinkling with glee as Nick smiles, reflecting gleaming blue eyes back at him.



Brian has a big grin on his face as the platform they’re on begins rising them to the main stage. The crowd was roaring in excitement as the five vocalists appear on stage, the music playing loudly, driving the crowd to a scream fest. The concert was a great success. Everything was going as planned until towards the end of the concert.



That’s when things took an unexpected turn. During the middle of the “The Call” performance, A.J. who’s standing in the center of the stage raises his hands in the air causing some of the objects on stage to fly off stage injuring the first few rows of people. Brian singing next to A.J. stares at him frighten as another object soars towards the Brian knocking him down on the stage floor. Nick on the other end of the stage stands clapping his hands when suddenly a small flame of fire appears and begins circle him, lapping at his feet. He stands there scared and in shock as the trail of fire spreads over to the other guys, the dancers scream and run off the stage to get a fire extinguisher for the rapidly growing bright orange fire that erupted. Kevin stands there in shock as races over to stomp out some flames that were circling Nick. Howie stands there and tries to get away from the flames coming at him, when he looks at the colored stage lights. The stage lights explode, sending sparks of electricity spraying into the audience. Darkness surrounds the stage as people scream in fear trying to leave the arena in safety. Kevin looks around to see the trap stage doors closed. He stares down and he feels his eyes burning when suddenly bright red lasers shoots out of his eyes and burns the stage floor, creating a hole for the group to escape the terror on stage. Kevin stands there in shock while Brian runs over to the open stage door. Brian shouts to the others to get to safety and runs towards the hole that suddenly appears on the stage due to Kevin’s gift. The guys all run and jump into the hole as fire and electricity shoot out and begin eating away at the onstage materials.



Brian screams out from beneath the stage, “What the hell just happened?!”



A.J. shouts out, “The lights blew up! Rok! The lights just blew up. A fire started and something was flying in the air!”



Nick screams out, shaking violently, “It’s us! It’s us! We did that!”



Kevin runs over to Nick, whispering calmly, “Nick, stop it! We didn’t do that. The lights and stuff went wrong. You had nothing to do with that. There must have been some electrical problem that caused a fire and all that to start.” He says softly patting Nick’s shoulder for comfort.



“Bro, I don’t know about that! Did ya see the stuff floating? We don’t have magic in our concert! What the hell caused some stuff to float and hit the audience?” Brian states, trembling in fear.



Kevin gulps, “I, I don’t know.” He whispers softly.



Howie runs over to Kevin, his eyes adjusted to the sudden darkness beneath the stage, “Come on, let’s get out of here! The concerts over, the fire is spreading and everyone has to evacuate so the fire can be put out!”



Brian points to the exit of the backstage and the group runs out the exit only to crash into ten men dressed in white plastic over rolls and a white helmet concealing their faces. The men wore a large black gas mask. The white bright long sleeve shirts covered the men’s arms as they approach the group. They all wore white mechanical gloves. One of the men, throws a small red glass sphere right next to Nick’s feet.



Kevin stands in front of the group safely getting them out the arena. A cold chill ran in the air as the ten men surround the group. Brian and Howie reach for their cell phone but realize that they are still in their costumes from the concert. Nick tries to make a run for it in panic and crashes into one of the white clothes men. Kevin looks around to see where their management and security are at. But no one was seen around the arena inside and out, except them.



A white clothes man grabs Nick roughly by his wrists as Nick cries out in pain. Kevin rushes over to help Nick but three men grabs him and throws another tiny red glass sphere next to Brian. In a matter of seconds, the red sphere releases a sleeping gas, knocking all five members of the group to the ground in a deep sleep. One of the white clothes men points to the bodies as two men pick up Kevin and throws the body in the back of an all black shiny truck. Two more men picks up Nick and does the same. Two other men reaches for Howie and one grabs his shoulders, the other by his legs, carry Howie to the back of the truck. Two other white clothes men grab Brian the same way and throws the body where the others are. The last two men grabs A.J. and carry him to the back of the truck, depositing him with the other sleeping members.



One man gives the nine other men, a thumbs up and heads to the driver’s seat to take the bodies back to CAPPA, where the experimentation will begin.

~**~



**~TO BE CONTINUED…~**