- Text Size +
“Troubling Gifts”



**~Chapter Seven- Introduction To Experiment 1b~**



The wide glass doors open allowing entrance to the ten masked men carrying five sleeping bodies of the men from experiment 1b. The five bodies are dropped roughly on the white polished tiles of CAPPA. The gold lettering across the walls stood out, shining, with the letters CAPPA scrawled across it. The harsh white lights, filters the lobby of the building as the sleeping bodies lie on the floor. Clicking of heels are heard as Jamelet and Summer appear from the corner of the hallway stopping in front of the masked men.



“Well done, my father will be pleased. Drop each man into that special room. The testing will begin immediately upon their awakening.” Jamelet states smiling, her brown eyes pleased with the results.



“Very well Ms. Jamelet.” One of the masked men dressed in all white says.



Two men each grab a body and leave the lobby to deposit the bodies into their appropriate rooms. Summer stares at the sleeping bodies being carried away in shock. Her green eyes flicker as if in remembrance.



“They look familiar to you Miss Summer?” Jamelet says quietly eyeing the young intern.



“Do you have any idea who you just kidnapped?” Summer yells upset, throwing her arms in the air.



Jamelet nods, “I do. I realize we just kidnapped one of the most popular groups around in music. And I also know that we can get in a lot of trouble with them. Everyone will be out to look for them. So we must take extra precautions with them here. I believe I can trust you in keeping your mouth shut until this experiment is over.” She states, gazing at the young intern intensely.



Summer gulps, “Well, what if I call to let people knew we have them.”



Jamelet narrows her brown eyes to her, “You will do no such thing! You speak and you place everyone in this institution in danger of imprisonment and death. So hold your tongue.” She whispers to Summer angrily.



Shaking her blond locks, Summer stumbles back to the wall eying Jamelet. “What are you gonna do to them?” She asks.



“Nothing, just to train them to use their powers wisely. See they don’t know what’s happening with their bodies and we’re here to help them understand what happened.” Jamelet replies.



Summer stares at Jamelet nervously, “You do realize how angry they’ll be with you about all this right?”



Jamelet shrugs her shoulders, “It’s my father’s order. I do it to help him out.”



Summer sighs, “You always do what daddy says? I thought you are trying to help.” She questions Jamelet’s actions.



“I am trying to help!” Shouts Jamelet.



“Then end this! You can stop this! Why do you allow people to get tested like rats or something. You have control of this company like your father.” Summer states trying to speak calmly without losing her temper.



Jamelet shakes her head, “No, I don’t. The eldest son has control and since I don’t have a brother and I’m the only girl, no power will be given to me. The law mandated that the daughter will not have any control of this.” Jamelet whispers sadly.



“Then why work here? You could do other things than to see people in such an environment.” Summer whispers quietly.



Sighing Jamelet shakes her head, “I can’t leave here.”



“Why not?” Summer asks concerned.



“I’ll tell you later, come let’s go.” Jamelet states eying Summer.



“What do I have to do with all this?” Summer states, choking down the lump forming in her throat as sadness stings her heart.



“You” Jamelet whispers pointing to her, “Will help me in training them. There are five men and five women. I take five to train and you take the other five. We’ll switch and see what the results are.”



Summer shakes her head, “No! I don’t wanna work with the girl that freezes, you even said it yourself how dangerous she is that you had to sedate her!” Yells Summer.



Laughing, Jamelet shakes her head, some medium dark brown strands cascade down her cheeks. “You would eventually have to work with them all, so get used to it now.” She states smiling at Summer, patting her shoulder. “Come, let’s see how the guys are doing.” She tugs on Summer’s left arm and pulls her gently down the bright white hallway.

~*~



The young teenager opens her brown eyes and sits up in a black leather lounge chair she had fallen asleep on. She was tired of all the testing Dr. Thompson: the balding, white, middle age man that consistently kept pushing her to use her powers. She feels drained of her powers and energy and takes a deep breath. She gazes at her yellow thin strapped shirt and rubs her hands down her dark blue denim jeans. Her medium dark brown hair topples out of her hand made bun and lies straight down her shoulders. She sighs as she hears footsteps approaching. Assuming it was Dr. Thompson who found something else to test her with, she stands up staring at the closed door of the examination room. Her eyes gaze at the shiny mahogany floor and at the pale blue curtains that hung on the window facing the backyard of the institution. The white walls shine brilliantly in the yellow florescent light, causing her white skin to glow innocently. She leans back against the wall as the door opens.



“Dr. Thompson, please not right now, I feel too tired to get tested more. Can’t we…” the young fourteen year states, stopping mid sentence to see Jamelet and Summer enter the room.



“Why Alison? What are you doing here?” Jamelet states fixing the collar of her white lab coat.



“Oh, it’s you. I thought you were Dr. Thompson coming back again to harass me.” Alison states smiling at Summer.



Jamelet turns to Summer, “I forgot to mention to you Summer, but this is the fifth girl. The one you didn’t see in the cell.”



Summer nods her head and stares at Alison for a moment before speaking. “So, her powers are not as dangerous as the others then right? I mean she’s walking around here like nothing.”



Jamelet nods, “Exactly, but that doesn’t mean she isn’t dangerous. She can freeze and stop time.”



Summer stares at Jamelet, “What? How can that be? I mean time is a reality that can’t be messed with! It’s something that we can’t control.” Summer gazes at Alison with wonderment.



“You’re true to an extent. But we’re talking about people with usual gifts. Abnormal gifts.” Jamelet states reaching for some research papers that lied scattered on the desktop.



Alison giggles and stares at Summer smiling.



Summer feels uncomfortable and gazes at the young girl. “How, how old are you Alison?”



The girl smiles, her pink glossed lips spread apart, “Fourteen, why?”



“I thought you said Paige was the youngest one.” Summer asks Jamelet who’s sitting on the desktop gathering papers.



Jamelet shrugs her shoulders, “Eh, I don’t remember the ages by heart. It’s not a big deal. She’s the youngest one.”



Alison nods her head and giggles twirling in the chair. “Wanna know what else I can do?” Alison whispers to Summer.



Summer sighs and collapses into a smooth leather chair next to Alison, “What else can you do? Show me.”



Alison grins at her and she stares at Summer intensely. Summer, feeling extremely uncomfortable with the girl looking at her like that, crosses her arms over her chest.



“You like him. You like him!!” Alison shouts suddenly, pointing her finger at Summer.



Summer shrugs her shoulders, “What is she talking about Jamelet?”



Jamelet grins and begins laughing, “She can read people’s mind and hearts. It’s really quite amusing. I mean I always use her to find out if the doctors are lying to me. The docs know better than to lie to me now.”



Summer fakes a grin and leans back in the chair. “I’m not liking the joke here. I mean my thoughts are my thoughts! It’s personal! She shouldn’t have that power to read people’s mind. Heck, that’s the only thing I have that I can go to where I can’t be disturbed.” Summer states manically at the girl.



At this Alison burst out laughing, “I’m sorry! But really that is funny. I wonder if he feels the same way about you. I’ll go find out.” She giggles and walks to the door to leave.



“Alison, I suggest you head back to your room before you cause any more problems.” Jamelet states warily.



Alison shrugs her shoulders, “Why? I didn’t do anything yet?”



“Note the word yet. Now go and be a good girl.” Jamelet states, pointing to the door.



“Can’t I see the guys? I wanna see want they look like. I mean really look like. I heard they’re hotties. Who are they?” Alison asks curiously.



Waving her finger no, Jamelet points to the door, “Go, you’ll see them later. I promise.”



Alison nods her head and smiles, “Ok, great. I’ll be waiting. Oh, should I put on something cute for those guys when I see them.”



Smiling, Jamelet laughs, “Trust me, you’re a bit too young for them.”



Alison rolls her eyes, “I’m too young for anybody, according to you.”



Summer smiles and gazes at Jamelet quickly to see her muttering something under her breath.



Suddenly ringing is heard, as Jamelet rushes to answer her cell. Smiling, Jamelet points to the door when she hangs up. “Well, Summer get ready, one of the guys are awake already. And I feel you should go and see him. I have to make sure Alison gets back to her cell or she’ll get it from the security guards.” With that Jamelet rushes off to take Alison back to her room.



Summer sighs and grumbles flicking at her white lap coat, leaving the room to head down to the experiment room two doors down.

~*~



He opens his soft chocolate eyes to be blinded by the bright white lights that filter in the room. “Damn lights.” A.J. grumbles as he struggles to sit up from lying on an uncomfortable cot. H looks to find himself in a white wifebeater and blue jeans. Confused, he thought he was wearing the costume for the concert. But then again he also remembered getting knocked out by some gas. So who knows where he’s at, for all he knew he could have gotten kidnapped by someone and is now in danger. He traces his eyes around the room as he hopes to spot any of the guys but to his disappointment, it was just him in the room. He gazes his eyes around the room to find a wooden chair with a manila folder on it. The rest of the room was empty and no other furniture was in place.



“Where the hell am I? A.J. whispers tiredly, fighting off a yawn that was coming. A.J. stands up and curiously walks over to the chair with the folder on it. When he reaches the manila folder, he opens it to see another folder this time, pale white with gold lettering across of it. “CAPPA? Man, I gotta stop drinking that stuff Nick gave me. It’s making me lose it.” He whispers softly to himself.



His eyes scroll down the white folder to see what the letters of CAPPA stand for:



C- orporation of



A- bsurd



P- ersonality



P- roblem



A- ssociation



His eyes grew big as he mouths out the words. He knew about this company, it’s a corrupt government organization that takes risks with people by doing strange experiments on them. He knew now he was in some problems now.



“What the hell does the government want with me and the guys?” He whispers softly not noting a young intern entered his room.



“I see you read the folder.” The young woman states startling A.J.



A.J. nods his head and looks around waiting for her explanation. “Well?” He says annoyed.



She smiles, “Mr. Mclean, I’m glad to see you awake.” Her green eyes sparkle wildly and the harsh florescent lights shows the gold specks in her eyes. “I’m sure you’re waiting to find out where are you right?”



A.J. nods, sighing, “This better be good. And what did you do to my clothes?” He asks irritable.



She smiles and her blond locks lie beautifully on her shoulders. A.J. smiles at the thought that she looks as beautiful as an angel herself.



“So Mr. Mclean, you, like your friends have been taken here for a reason. But before I do, let me introduce myself. I’m Miss Summer. I’m an intern here for CAPPA. And as you just finish reading you’ve been taken here because you’ve been found to have an abnormal personality problem.” Summer states slowly, enjoying the horrid look that crossed A.J.’s face.



“Look man, woman, whatever. I know I have issues! But this is ridiculous, to lock me in a room. I mean I know I’m no angel, hell by looking around here, it looks like no one is here either.” A.J. states his anger rising in his voice.



Summer sighs and sits down on the cot eying A.J. “Can you stay quiet?” She nervously says eyeing the room, making sure all the hidden cameras were at of her view. “Listen.” She whispers.



“You’re here because you have a power known as telekinesis.” Summer whispers very quietly.



A.J. sighs, “Ok, ok, I see you’re in on the joke too, huh? Man the guys set this joke up nice. You almost had me believing ya.” A.J. states unconvinced.



Summer’s green eyes shot open, “I’m not kidding! You’re in danger! You’re not supposed to be here! You got caught because you like your friends were caught in a drug test gone wrong.” She whispers loudly.



He eyes her, “Sure I am and let me guess, Nick can blow fire out his mouth.”



Summer states with fear in her voice, “Please, listen to me! This is serious. This is a life and death situation. I heard what they’re planning on doing to you and your friends. They wanna mess with your powers and train you to work for them!”



A.J. smiles and laughs, “Nice one. Nicky didn’t tell me he was dating a cute thing like yourself.”



Summer frustrated, shouts at him, “Stop talking and listen to what I’m telling you. Nick and the others are in the same position as you are! You have to get out of here before the doctors come and test you!”



A.J. smiles, “Well test away baby. Man, I knew the guys were gonna throw me a bachelor’s party, I just didn’t think it would be this good. Ok, Summer, I’ll play along for now.” Sarcastically A.J. responds, ‘Why, wherever can we go? I mean there must be a least a few thirty something guards just on this floor alone. I just couldn’t possibly leave without you.”



“Come over here baby and spank me, I’ve been a naughty Backstreet boy! Come show me how to behave.” A.J. teases her jokily, turning up his behind to put in Summer’s face. He shakes his butt in her face all the while laughing.



Summer aggravated yet enjoying all this, secretly pushes away from A.J. “That’s enough! I came here to tell you what’s happening to you and you think this is all some kind of joke. Fine, I’ll like to see you think that way after you get tested later on. Then you can tell me if I was joking!” Summer states upset, walking towards the door to leave the experiment room.



A.J. sighs, “Women. Can’t live with them, can’t live without them.” He states smiling. He glances around the room and sits roughly on the cot waiting to see what will take place next.

~**~





**~TO BE CONTINUED…~**