- Text Size +
“Troubling Gifts”



**~Chapter Eight- Inside CAPPA~**



She taps her fingers lightly over the computer keyboard waiting for the results to show. She’s been working with CAPPA since the beginning. Her father introduced her to the owner of CAPPA, who also has a daughter her age studying for a medical degree. People were amazed at how fast she succeeded in receiving a medical degree at only twenty one, but she also figured she was blessed with craving to learn more. Yawning, she lets her dark brown eyes scan her medical degree hung on the wall of her office. The beige walls and black marble floor shines in the soft hazy florescent light coming from above her. Nervously, she cracks her knuckles as the computer continues to search for an answer. “Please, find it! Just find it! I know there’s an antibiotic for the disease.” She whispers softly nibbling on her glossed cinnamon lips. She takes a deep breath and sits back on the brown leather chair waiting. She bites her lower lip nervously as the computer screen shows it found twenty five percent of the info. Her office was located farthest from any of the rooms on the fourth floor of the company. Because of her medical degree, she was pushed to one of the best offices the company had to offer.



Her dark brown long straight hair lies loosely on her shoulders as she tugs on her white lab coat. Her light tan complexion graced the light giving her a beautiful appearance. She fixes her green halter top and tugs on her black skirt. The computer makes a small buzzing sound and the screen changes to a black showing in white letter a file. Scanning her eyes, she found what she had been looking for in over months.



File Experiment 1A:

Five females diagnosed with healthy bodies, were given

An elude substance: Girl 1- given rujura, stops disease.

Negative results lie in mental readings.

Girl 2- given karax, stops disease.

Negative results lie in earth control.

Girl 3- given kamonegi, stops disease.

Negative results lie in wind control

Girl 4- given zenigame, stops disease.

Negative results lie in ability of water.

Girl 5- given rapurasu, stops disease.

Negative results lie in ice control.



Results in total, a failure. No cure was found and test subjects are found to be a danger to Buffalo New York. “subjects held in Washington D.C. till further notice.



Her mouth drops opens as she continues reading the next part of the file the computer extracted.



File Experiment 1B:

Five males diagnosed with healthy bodies, were given

A substantially different formula called Crystalline with defects altered.

Boy 1: Given rizado, health improves

Negative results: Hot substances and burning can occur from the body.

Boy 2: Given erebu, health improves.

Negative results: Electrical currents found in the body.

Boy 3: Given fodin, health improves.

Negative results lie in mind control, telekinesis ability.

Boy 4: Given 2xmr, health improves greatly.

Negative results lie in mental ability increases and red burning forming lasers begin.

Boy 5: Given 1QZY, health greatly increases.

Negative results: MOST DANGEROUS. NEEDS TO GET CAPTURED. EXPERIMENT CAN ENDANGER LIVES AROUND HIM. CAN KILL WITH ONE TOUCH.



Results in total, a complete success. A cure is possible now and test subjects need to get located. Test subjects found to be a possible danger if not found by 2004. Powers will lose control after that lapse of time and they will be a danger to society. **Note the five patients can not be found as of yet. Last found as a group together in Orlando, Florida.**



Answers to Curing negative results are now found below.

Boy 1 can…



Suddenly the computer shuts down and Natalie stares at the black screen in horror.



“What! God no please! I just found the results, what the heck just happened?” Natalie shouts, shaking the computer screen angrily.



Laughing broke the rage in the room as a young fourteen year girl enters through the door. “Dr, Natalie, I’m so sorry I tripped over the wires. I guess the computer just got disconnected. My back.” Alison giggles, shaking her head as her medium dark brown straight hair topples over her shoulders.



Natalie takes a shaky breath as she nods her head, “Do you realize what just happened? Alison, I found the results of the test gone wrong! And you, you just erased a month of memory from that computer. Do you realize how long it will take me to get to get that program back on file?”



Alison raises her eyes to the soft light tan face of the doctor’s. “I said I’m sorry.” She whispers quietly, feeling guilty for her actions.



Dr. Natalie smiles and giggles, “It’s ok. I didn’t mean for that little outburst. I guess I need a vacation. I need to get away from here.” She states, sighing.



Alison smiles and twirls a strand of her dark brown hair. “So I’m guessing you’re not mad at me, are you?”



Natalie smiles and shakes her head, “You tell me, after all, your gift of reading minds and hearts can come in useful now.”



Alison stares at her, her brown eyes glow and a smile appears on her soft white complexion. “You mean it. Thanks.” And she runs to Natalie who has her arms open for a hug.



Giggling, Natalie pats Alison head and whispers, “No problem small stuff.”

~**~



He opens his blue eyes and is blinded by the harsh bright white lights in the isolated room. “God where am I?” He whispers softly, eyeing the vacant room. He sits up in the cot and tries to remember what exactly happened that got him here. But all he can remember is Kevin trying to help him get away from a masked man dressed in all white. Now he’s in a room dressed in only a blue wife beater and dark denim jeans. His eyes were hurting, “Ah, hell!” Nick shouts as he tries rubbing his eyes. The dull pain behind his eyes seems to increase as he touches his eyes. His eyes scroll around the white tiled walls and white marbled floor causing the pain in his eyes to be more bothered. He struggles, standing up and wakes over to the large front locked door. He was about to touch the metal handle when suddenly the door swings opens and in steps a young woman, with wavy brown hair down her back. Her medium brown eyes stare at him before entering the room and locking the door behind her.



“Hello Mr. Carter. I see you’re completely confused about where you at. So I came to fill you in on it.” The woman states, holding a folder in her soft peach hands.



Nick walks back to the hard uncomfortable cot and stares at the white tiles on the floor. “Where am I?” He whispers quietly.



The woman smiles, “Excuse me? Can you repeat that?



“I said, where am I? And where are my friends?” Nick states quietly, staring at her.



She smiles, her cinnamon lips parted, “Mr. Carter, you and your friends are all here in what is called CAPPA, a secret organization that trains special people like you and your friends.”



Nick shakes his head, “Special? What? Who are you?” he states slowly getting angry, he starts nibbling on his lower lip waiting for the woman to respond.



“Before I answer all those questions, let me introduce myself. My name is Jamelet and I work with this company for many years. You and your friends have been part of an experiment a while ago and now you all contain powers. I know you figured out what you can do, didn’t you?” She whispers quietly, smiling.



Nick stares at her before shouting a profanity. “You’re insane! What the hell are you gonna do with my friends?”



“What you’re about to do Nickolas, is what you’re friends are already doing. I’m here to help you find that power that you’ve seen coming out of you.”



Nick shakes his head, “I can’t believe this. Let me out! I ain’t no test rat for you to pulling this on me!”



“Shhh, Nick, don’t get angry, you’re only increasing your power and can lose control of it if not careful.” Jamelet states quickly. “Look, just cooperate with me quickly and this can all be over with in a few minutes. I’ll promise to fully explain everything if you just work with me here.”



Nick gulps, “No!”



“No what?” Jamelet asks pulling out a sheet of paper to write something down.



“I don’t wanna work with you. Why should I help you? You could be hurting my friends. Besides, I’ll just open this door and leave this place, you can’t keep me here!” Nick angrily whispers, he runs his fingers through his blond locks lying lazily on his head.



“On the contrary, Mr. Carter, you belong to this company. So note you’ll be going no where. There are more than fifty guards watching this entire building. If they find you out the building, they’ve been trained to shoot any one on the spot and I don’t think they’ll hesitate with you.” Jamelet states quickly. “Please I see you how upset you are, but I need you to give me a minute of your time and just listen to me.”



Nick shakes his head aggravated, placing his hands over his ears. “What part of no don’t you get? I can sue you for what you’re doing to me!” he glares at her.



This remarks brings a smile to her face. “Sir, we are part of the government. We’re a secret organization that even you can’t find any evidence against us. The court system will simply laugh in your face. Now can we move on?”



Nick smirks, “What? That can’t be! You’re not serious are you? Where the hell am I?”



“Sir, I already told you where you are. You’re losing precious time here sir and your friends could be in danger if you keep it up.” Jamelet states tapping her pen impatiently on the black folder, with the gold lettering of CAPPA scrawled across it.



Nick grumbles loudly and glares at her.



Jamelet smiles, “If you don’t work with me, know that I won’t be leaving this room quickly cause you’re stalling. It won’t hurt for you. Just stand over there away from the cot.”



Nick growls and steps unsteadily over to the other side of the room away from her.



“Nick, promise me that you won’t freak out when you see what is about to happen to you.” Jamelet states quietly.



Nick rolls his eyes, and grumbles a profanity under his breath.



“Is that a yes Mr. Carter?” She states smiling. “Very well. Now all you have to do is place your palms in front of you facing my direction.”



“Is that it? Grumbles Nick.



“That’s it. And then I’ll leave you alone. I think that sounds like a nice deal.” Jamelet states, staring at the young man before her.



Nick takes a deep breath and stretches his hands out before him. He could here Jamelet whispering to concentrate on letting the power come.



Nick confused, thinks what power, what the hell is this woman talking about? The answer to his question came to him as he feels his eyes beginning to burn, his blue eyes glow a fiery blue. A stinging sensation starts on his lower back and creeps to his arms. Then a flame drops to the floor from his hand. He can feel a small flame tickling him painfully on his palm, until a trail of fire shoots out of his hands and lands on the marble floor lighting up the room with orange and red. The small trail of fire spreads out and crawls over to the walls, slowly burning it. Nick stands there in shock and fright as he sees the fire shooting out of his hands. The pain was intense and he feels dizzy suddenly. Trails of fires was starting all over the room. Over the crackling of the fire, he hears the faint voice of Jamelet stating to close his hands now. He did as told, and lets his arms fall listlessly down his side. He stands there as a sudden strong dizzy spell overtook and he passes out.



Jamelet smiles and leaves the smoldering room behind as she exits the room. He won’t get burned, it’s his fire, it won’t touch him. As for the room, the water sprinklers will take care off that. She smiles and jots down the data. ~Carter: power- fire starter.

Now she has to find what the other men can do. She giggles and walks down the hallway smiling all the way.

~**~



**~TO BE CONTINUED…~**