- Text Size +
“Troubling Gifts”



*The mind is a terrible thing to waste* -Unknown



**~Chapter Nine- Strange Inhabitants~**



The large company covered a vast amount of land and stands erected near the Pentagon in Washington D.C. The institution stands tall with over twenty-five floors of medical rooms and such. The glass circler windows gleamed brightly in the evening sun portraying the beauty of the building. The white bricked and stainless steel covered the buildings foundation and the large gold letters of CAPPA, is hung above the grand main entrance of the secluded building. Two grand cement pillars stand tall supporting the entrance and the CAPPA sign. The entire building is constructed of white bricks and steel and on the top of it, a balcony was laid out for researching and studying the outdoors in privacy. The area is surrounded by a forest and near the entrance there is a large expensive parking lot. A pathway of gravel stones are laid out to the entrance of the building and the glass doors in the front with the gold lettering of CAPPA painted on it are seen clearly. Surrounding the building are about a total of sixty seven armed security men in black clothes. More than thirty five armed guards stand guard inside the building in case of any disturbance. And all are trained to kill on cue.



A keycard is swiped through and a code was typed in, opening the first experiment room at the end of thirteenth floor, Summer walks into the room as the sliding white cement door opens up. Summer stands near the cot and sees Howie sitting up in the cot with his head in his hands. He seems to be shaking a bit and lifts his head to see who entered the all white room. The harsh lights glare down on both of them and Summer stands next to Howie.



She smiles and whispers, “Good evening Mr. Dorough. I’m Summer, I work here in CAPPA. I know you’re freaked by this whole thing, but I’ll do my best to explain everything to you. See I just finished talking to A.J…”



She’s interrupted as Howie took interest at his friend’s name and shouts out, “A.J.! Oh God, is A.J. alright? Did you hurt him in any way?” He asks nervously shaking in fear.



Summer gulps and feels terrible for this man. She couldn’t even begin to feel what they all must be feeling. To be kidnapped and then thrown in a place separated from your friends only to your surprise to be used as an experiment for the government. Howie was already informed of this news by Jamelet who visited him a few minutes ago explaining in clear detail his reason for being here. He tries to take all this information that he was told before from Jamelet.



“He’s fine. In fact he seems to be taking this all pretty well.” Summer states, forcing a grin on her pale face.



“He didn’t believe you at all, did he?” Howie asks smirking, wiping off a strand of hair off his white t-shirt. He rubs his hands on his black jeans and stares at her confused and in pain.



“Mr. Dorough, Is everything ok?” Summer states, her green eyes sparkling in the light.



He runs his fingers through his short brown wavy hair and nods his head, “Yes, I don’t understand why I’m here though. Why am I here?”



Summer smiles, her pink glossed lips spread apart, “Mr. Dorough, you know why you’re here. I’m sure Jamelet explained this to you already. Listen, can you do something for me real quick?” She asks quietly, gently touching his tan face lightly.



His brown eyes stare at her in confusion, “What do you want from me?” He asks sadly.



“I want you to demonstrate to me, what you can do.” Summer states softy.



Howie shakes his head no. “No, it’s hurts when I do it!” Howie trembles, knowing if he used the new powers he gained, it would involve searing pain.



“I know it hurts, but the more you use the powers, the less painful it gets. Your body is responding to your powers and that’s why you feel the pain you feel.” Summer states, trying to calm him down.



Howie stares at her in pain, “Please don’t do this to me. I feel like I was dying the first time Jamelet told me to use the powers.”



Summer gulps and pats his shoulder, “I see. Look, I’m asking you this, so I can help you get better. You do want to get better, don’t you?”



Howie nods his head, “Yes. Please help my friends and me. I can’t be here getting tested on. It hurts when the doctors injected a needle with some black liquid in it. My arms hurt now and I feel too dizzy to stand. This is wrong! Stop this! Please stop this!” Howie cries out in pain.



Summer gulps and holds back tears, “Howie, there are cameras in this room. The doctors are watching you. Please cooperate with me if you don’t, the company will send another doctor with a stronger medication to inject you with. Please I want to make this easier on you. I can help you escape but I need you to help me out, ok?”



Howie nods and struggles to stand up with Summer’s help. He takes a deep breath as Summer stands away from him near the front of the room. Spreading his arms out on his side, he looks at her, when suddenly what seemed like a lightening came shooting out of his arms. He feels the rush of the current striking at his hands as it shoots out of his palms. The lightening hits the walls, almost burning it, leaving behind a small smoky hole in it. More shots of electricity continue to shoot out before he feels too dizzy to stand. He falls on the white tile floor unconsciously and passes out. Summer stands there terrified, shaking in pure terror. “Oh dear God, what did they do to you? I have to get you and your friends out here, but I’ll need help.” She whispers to herself, leaving the room looking for Dr. Natalie. She knew if she can convince the doctor to help, then there might be a chance to get everyone out to safety.

~*~



Paige stands up to stare into the window that looks into Ana’s cell. Suddenly Ana’s face appears as she whispers “Boo!”

Paige startled, moves back away from the small window as Ana’s laughter breaks the silence.



Rose and Kimberly leans their heads out the bars of the cell to see what’s happening. Rose begins giggling, her layered blond hair swinging across her shoulder. Kimberly stares intensely at Ana as a grin crosses her face.



Ana whispers, each word followed by a cold smoke, “You guys, we can get out of here if we really wanted, don’t you think?”



Paige shakes her head, “No, you know we can’t. They have this place boogie trapped against our powers. Our powers are useless down here in the basement.” She whispers, her blue gray eyes shines as the evening sunlight penetrating through the window.



Rose growls, “Ana’s right we should just bust out of here. I mean we never really tried to get out of here and we can’t take what the doctors told us seriously. They’re probably just saying that cause they know we can do it.”



Kimberly giggles, “I say it never hurts to try right?”



Ana smiles, peeking her head through the small window into Paige’s cell. “I like the way you’re thinking, girl. Give it a try!”



Rose smirks, “Why don’t you do it?”



“I would, but you know I have that stupid medication this chick gave me and my powers aren’t working yet.” Ana grumbles slightly.



Kimberly yawns, twirling one of her dark brown strands with red highlights, “Same here. I can’t do anything either. I got that wack stuff in my system too.”



Rose glares at Paige, Paige shrugs her shoulders, “Sorry same here. I’m useless too.”



Rose growls, “Oh, oh wait, wait. Please don’t help, really, it’s ok. I can do this all by myself.” She sneers sarcastically, glaring at the girls.



Ana laughs, “I’m sure you can knock a wall down, you have the wind power. And they didn’t give you your medication yet.”



Rose sneers and tugs on her short blond hair. “Fine, whatever, you all suck, you realize that, don’t you.” The other girls laugh and watch as Rose stands spreading her arms out. Looking up at the ceiling, she lets her eyes glaze over in a white mist. Suddenly a cold breeze picks up in her cell fluttering the red curtains behind her. The hallway fills with the strong wind that’s picking up in pace. Suddenly the ceiling in her cell begins cracking, tearing the cement ceiling apart a few feet. The wind was so strong that the ceiling begins to crack under the pressure. Before she knew it, a man falls from the ceiling in the room above her. His body slams down on her bed and he seems unconscious. She stops suddenly and lays her arms to her side to stop her power. She gazes at the man on her bed, his blond locks lied messily across his head and his soft eyes are closed. His breathing is normal and he’s dressed in a blue wife beater and dark denims. He seems to be wet from the water sprinkles going off in his room.



A low whistle was heard from Kimberly, “Wow, girl, check that out, you blew and a cutie landed on your bed. Dang, I wanna know what I’ll get if I use my powers.” Kimberly whispers happily, jumping up and down excited. Her dark brown eyes lit up eagerly.



Ana touches the man’s white face and his soft blue eyes flutters open. She smiles and he looks in shock at her.



“Hello.” She whispers seductively at him, her eyes examining the man’s body.



He sits up and rubs his eyes in pain. “You must be the other experiment I heard about.” He grumbles under his breath. “Where am I?”



Laughing ,Ana states, “Looks like blondie needs to get informed. And by the looks of it, I’m sure you wouldn’t mind explaining that to him, right Rose?” Ana whispers, a naughty grin on her face.



Paige giggles, “You know you’re not suppose to have men in you room. Jamelet will be pissed when she sees him there.”



Rose sneered, placing her hands on her hips, “So let her. I’m not afraid of her.”



Rose smiles, running her fingers through her hair. Nick stands up wet with water while some white smoke rises from his hands.



“Somebody better explain to me where the hell am I! Or you’ll be sharing a cell with a very pissed off fire starter.” Nick growls angrily.



The girls gasp, “A Fire starter!” They squeal out amazed. Tests where done before hand to find how to produce this power and sure enough, here this man has that ability.



Rose smiles, batting her eyes at him, “I’ll explain anything you want, just relax. I think you might be here for a while and personally I don’t mind the company.” She smiles running her hands over her flowered shirt and jean skirt.



Ana giggles, “Why this will be an interesting evening now won’t it?” She asks staring at Rose’s cell smiling.

~**~



**~TO BE CONTINUED…~**