- Text Size +
“Love Can Save”

-“…now that’s a name that should ring every church bell on Sundays, ‘cause you are an angel. Thank you for everything, I love you.” –A.J. in his thank you’s of the black and blue CD.

**~An Apparent Touch~**

He tugs on the long navy blue tie and grumbles, yanking at the small knot that he had clumsily created. He could hear a small snort coming from Brian as he glares to look at him.

“Well? Do you mind?” Nick asks annoyed, sucking his teeth in nuisance. Brian smirks and stands up from the couch, throwing his arms in the air stretching. He pretends to ignore Nick’s complaints and sighs finally responding after much consideration.

“Oh no. Not at all. Go right ahead. I’ll be over here if you need help.”

Nick blows out a puff of air and rolls his eyes, muttering something under his breath.

“What was that Nicky?” Brian asks from across the hotel suite.

“Nothing. I don’t need you’re help, you just distracted me.” Nick states confidentially, untying the messy knot on his tie and rubbing his sweaty palms upon his dark pants.

“Oh that’s what I thought.” Brian teases, his sapphire orbs gleaming mischievously. The calm feeling in the room was interrupted by the soft rasping coming from the door.

“Guys, come on. A.J. and Yasmine are on their way downstairs. We don’t wanna make them late.” Kevin states from the other side of the door.

“Alright, Kev. We’ll be down there in a sec. In fact, we’re on our down now.” Brian states, yanking on Nick’s tie and tying it for him. “Come on, let’s go.”

Nick glances down at the tie and smiles, “I could have done that.”

“Sure you could’ve, but we’re running on time. You might have needed more than a minute to figure that out.” Brian jokes, his smile making Nick laugh softly.

“Screw up Brian.”

“Uh, uh, Not today Nicky. We’re going church to see Yasmine sing. Maybe after.” Brian teases as he opens the door and both step out the room and catch up to Kevin.
~*~

“You have nothing to be nervous about, ok?” A.J. cups Yasmine’s face within his palms.

Yasmine takes a deep breath and sighs, “Yeah, you’re right. It’s just that I never sang in front of you guys.”

A.J. laughs and shakes his head, “If you think we’re there to critique you then you’re wrong. We’re there for support. I mean you never told me you were part of the gospel choir. You never sang to me.” A.J. pouts, batting his eyes at her.

“I’ll sing to ya later and yo, what is you doing?” Yasmine laughs.

“Hey that’s improper English. And I’m doing what Nick told me to do.” A.J. states jokily.

Yasmine rolls her eyes, “And you listen to him? Whatever boy. And I talk the way I wanna.”

A.J. shakes his head and still joking, sighs, a smile teasing the corners of his mouth. “What am I gonna do to you? You’re a lost case.”

Yasmine laughs, today her natural beauty reflected in her face. Her golden tan cheeks glitter in light pink blush that she decided to apply along with a light pink lip gloss that shined on her lips, making her a tease to men. To A.J. she seemed as innocent as ever: an angel that had fallen from Heaven only to land in the wretched clutches of Satan himself. But she never stopped her faith in God. With torment and anguish she prayed earnestly for understanding to all of this. Her dark raven curls lied peacefully on her shoulders as she tugs on her thin white tank top and black pants. “Well what can I say? I’m a mess.” She whispers out as she unconsciously passes her hands over her still undeveloped abdomen. For moment, she realized how much of a mess her life really is. But she can’t give up, A.J. hasn’t and neither had the rest of guys. It’s been a little over two weeks already and she just wanted to see her unborn child grow within her. It was an indescribable feeling for her: the fact that within her body she was sheltering a life that God is slowly creating seemed almost overwhelming to her in so many unspeakable ways.

A.J. noted the sudden coldness in the room after Yasmine’s statement and he grabs her small hand within his, “No you’re not. You’re my mess anyway.”

Yasmine offers a small smile and nods her head, “Quite a mess huh?”

“Na, a beautiful one. Besides I heard from someone that God doesn’t make mistakes.” A.J. brushes his arm against Yasmine as they both heard towards the exit of Yasmine’s apartment.

“Hmmm… wonder where you heard that from?” Yasmine smirks as A.J. winks at her.

“This hot lady. She told me while trying to make out with me.” A.J. jokes around as Yasmine drops her mouth in disgust.

“Eww. Now I know you joking cause you don’t draw ladies to ya.” Yasmine giggles as A.J. pushes her,

“Hey take that back, I think I pull in a few good women.”

“Really, like who?” Yasmine giggles.

“I’m lookin’ at her.” A.J. whispers as Yasmine feels her cheeks burn a bright pink.

“Thanks. Now look. I’m all pink and flushed now.” Yasmine laughs, her light emerald eyes glittering in the end.

“All my women tend to have that affect when they’re around me.” A.J. teases as Yasmine breaks into her sweet laughter, her giggles sounded like little cherubim’s mirth.

“Ok, ok, no more. You win for now. I can’t take no more, you’re gonna make me pee on myself.” Yasmine laughs, waving her hands at A.J.

“Uh, no, that will be a first for me. Women don’t piss when they’re around me.”

“Well they should, it’ll stop you’re lame game on hitting on those poor women.” Yasmine pokes A.J. on his ribcage as they cross the street to meet up with the others.
~*~

Howie stands up from the wooden bench when he sees Yasmine and A.J. approaching him. “Hey guys. Wow, look at you Yas! You look so beautiful.”

Yasmine and A.J. greet Howie as Howie throws his arms and squeezes Yasmine in his embrace. “I can’t wait to hear your voice. I know you’ll rock it on stage!”

“It’s cool, I wanna see how you sound!” Nick bounces into the conversation, his dark azure eyes lighting up his face as he exits the hotel door to meet up with them.

“Hopefully good and you’re quite the cutie all dressed up.” Yasmine whispers to him as he smiles cockily.

“Thanks, it’s just for you babe. Just for you.” Nick winks at her causing her to giggle softly.

“Alright guys! We’re all ready I see.” Kevin states as Brian appears besides him. “So off to the church we go.”

“You guys, I just wanna thank you all for doing this for me. I thought you guys were gonna get all weird about going to church and stuff.” Yasmine beams, her face glowing with joy.

Brian laughs, “Are you kidding me? Me and Kev were part of our gospel choir back in high school. I’m down with church.” Brian smiles, the gentle breeze caressing his reddish blonde hair.

Yasmine gazes at Howie and Nick and both smile.

“I’m catholic, my mom is a devoted church goer.” Howie states: shrugging his shoulders, getting a smirk on his face.

“And Nick?” Yasmine asks as Nick clears his throat.

“Well uh yeah, I, you know, uh I walked by a church before.” Nick whispers jokily, noting instead of laughter he got groans.

Yasmine narrows her eyes and smirks, “Funny Nick, stick to singing.”

Nick rolls his eyes as the guys chuckle and all walk and begin boarding the black Lincoln navigator in the parking lot.

“Ok, let’s roll.” Howie states as he hops into the passenger seat while Kevin takes the driver seat.

The others board the backseat, “Wait, there’s no room for me.” Nick states, pouting, peering his head into the vehicle. Everyone chuckles and peers around to see if more room can be accommodated.

A.J. sighs and looks at Yasmine, “Its alright, I’ll take Nick’s green SUV, come on Yas. We’ll see ya there k?”

Brian chuckles, “Alrighty then. Check ya at the Lord’s place.” And A.J. and Yasmine step out the vehicle as Nick hugs her on the way out.

“See ya there angel.” Nick whispers gently into her ear as he hops in the backseat and closes the door behind him.

“Come on girl. We gotta get you there, don’t wanna make you late to your own performance.” A.J. whispers, clasping his hand within hers. Suddenly Yasmine squeezes A.J. hard as she begins gasping for air. A sudden dizziness overpowered her as she stares at A.J. She gasps and immediately releases her hold on him, she starts backing away as A.J. alarmed slowly walks towards her. She looked at A.J. but realizes he changed into the black wool masked attacker that deprived her innocence.

“Yas, honey. Tell me what you’re seeing. What are you feeling?” A.J. asks nervously, he didn’t know what to do, she couldn’t be having an attack now, how could this be occurring when they were on their way to head to a performance. “It’s ok. Its me A.J. I’m not gonna hurt you honey ok? Tell me what’s going on?”

Yasmine gulps as her complexion pales. Her hands shake as she closes her eyes tightly and reopens them, taking a deep breath. She focuses back on A.J. and smiles, the small attack have left and now A.J.’s concerned soft chocolate eyes peered at her. She tries to hide the incident and smiles, hoping A.J. wouldn’t plague her with any questions ‘cause she couldn’t understand it herself. “I’m ok. I’m fine. Just a small attack. Nothing to be worried about.”

A.J. gulps and nods his head, “Are you sure? Cause that didn’t look like a small attack.”

“A.J. forget it. I’m fine ok.” She growls as A.J. nods his head and smiles,

“Ok. But you’ll be fine now right. I didn’t do anything that could have caused it?”

“No. Don’t worry. It happens sometimes. It’s still early in the process. I’ll be fine ok. Let’s go. I’m sure the guys are already there.” Yasmine whispers, faking a smile and rushes over to the passenger side door of the green SUV.

A.J. glances over to the black navigator which was still parked with Howie, Brian and Kevin looking at him worried. Yssmine didn’t seem to notice that she had an audience for her attack and glides over to the open door A.J. held for her.

Once he closes the door and makes his way around the hood of the vehicle to the driver’s side, he peers back at the guys with a distressed expression scrolled on his face. He was worried Yasmine might have anxiety attacks more frequently and it troubled him greatly to see what that wretched rapist did to his gentle angel. A.J. waves to the guys in the other vehicle to go up ahead as he slides into the seat and closes the door behind him. “Alrighty girl. Ready?”

Yasmine gulps, staring straight ahead out the window as she nods her head.

A.J. bites his lower lip and leans over to her, “Listen you don’t have to go perform if you’re feeling sick. I can always see you sing another day…”

“No.” She cuts him off, “I wanna go. I want to be near God now ok. So just go. Drive. I don’t want to be late.” Yasmine whispers, locking her hands in a clasp on her lap.

“Ok.” A.J. whispers, pulling on his seatbelt and looking at her. “Buckle up girl. I don’t want to get a ticket.”

Yasmine smiles and turns to him, “I’m sorry.”

A.J. raises his eyebrows as he pulls away from the parking lot, “Sorry for what?”

“For freaking you out.” Yasmine settles back on the leather seat.

“That’s not your fault and you know it.” A.J. states, feeling guilty suddenly.

“I know, its just God A.J.” She cries out frustrated, “I saw the guy’s face. I mean I looked at you and for a moment all I saw was that masked man coming at me.”

A.J. sighs and reaches his right hand over to grab her hand, “He won’t ever touch you again. I promise you that. He’ll get what he deserves and I’ll make sure of it.”

“Ok. Thanks. I love you.” Yasmine smirks as A.J. laughs and glances at her,

“Love ya too shorty.” A.J. smirks.

“Hey take that back!” She giggles as A.J. sighs, glad to see that Yasmine is alright.
~*~

“This is it guys. You guys can grab the front pews if you want. I gotta head backstage to where the choir is meeting k. See ya in a few. Wish me luck!” She states excitedly, her beautiful eyes lit up in joy.

“Please. Like you’ll need it. You’re gonna sing you’re butt off.” Nick states to her as she laughs and disappears backstage. The guys all grab a seat in the front of dark mahogany pews and stare at A.J.

“Well?” Howie asks, raising his eyebrows.

A.J. clears his throat and uncomfortably shift in his seat, “She had a small attack. Nothing minor.”

“Nothing minor? Who you kidding J?! She freaked out and we all saw it.” Brian states, noting A.J.’s shaking hand.

“She said when she saw me for moment I reminded her of that guy that attacked her.” A.J. chokes down a deep breath.

“Ouch wow. I hope she’s fine.” Kevin whispers as a crowd of people enter the church and begin to take a seat.

“We’ll take about this later.” Brian states.

“No we won’t.” A.J. states, keeping his gaze on the empty stage before him.

Howie leans besides A.J. and whispers into his ear, “Ok, if that’s what you want.” And the audience begins to accumulate into the pews.
~*~

“Amazing grace, how sweet the sound that saved a wrench like me. Ohhhh, I once was lost but now I’m found. Was blind but now I see.” Yasmine closes off the song beautifully, her last note hanging in the air. She takes a bow and goes off stage as the audience erupts into roar, the clapping and yelling rang out throughout as the choir leaves the stage happily.

Yasmine runs to the front and into the arms of the five men that awaited her. They all squeal like proud parents, embracing Yasmine and complimenting at how amazing she sounded.

“Wow, you can sing!? Why didn’t you tell us? WE could always have you replace Nick.” A.J. teases as the others laugh except Nick who frowns,

“Hey, hey man. Not funny. She can’t replace me, people will miss these baby blues.” Nick states batting his sapphire orbs. The others chuckle as they leave and exit. Brian hands Yasmine a tinted white rose, the tips of the flower red mixed with the white.

“Ahh thanks boy!” She giggles, her face full of happiness.

“No prob, you deserve it.” Brian states, hugging her.
~*~

After a day full of excitement from the performance and such, Yasmine decided to head home and A.J. accompanied her. Nick stated that he will stop by later that night but needed to go something before that. She steps onto the cold tiles and wipes the kitchen counter before heading back to her room. Yasmine yawns and comes back from the kitchen, looking for A.J. She sighs and looks in her bedroom- it was empty. She checked the living room, kitchen and passed by the bathroom- all empty. Finally she walks over the small guest room and smiles. Poking her head in the room, she can see A.J. talking. But he wasn’t talking to her, he seemed to be on his knees as he gazes out the window, whispering more to himself than anything else. Curiosity getting the best of her, she leans into the threshold and hears A.J. whispering.

She felt at peace when she realized that A.J. was praying. Smiling, she watches as A.J. looking like a lost child, with his black and red tipped hair lying messily over his head, bowed down as his hands clasp in front of him Afraid to disturbed his talk with God, she moves away and crosses over to her room, to wait when he was done.

A.J. sits up and smiles, Brian was right about the whole praying thing. He was never much for it, but he realized that he needed to get some answers and he hoped God heard his pleas. Standing up, he felt at peace for moment, he actually prayed, like really prayed and talked with the creator, Brian would never believe him, he’d probably be in too much of a shock for it. He chuckles and stares out the dark window into the lighted city below him, “Amen.” And he walks away to track down Yasmine.
~**~

**~To Be Continued…~**