- Text Size +
A.N.: Figured I'd update this, seeing as I'm waiting for Shelley to get back-lol. Disclaimer: Only own Ashlynn. Shelley owns Krissy. Kevin & A.J. own themselves.

As they pull into the parking lot, Kevin decides it's time to set some rules.

AJ smiles back, knowing what Kevin's thinking.

"Okay, ladies, here's the rules No stealing, no yelling, and you both need to stay with one of us all the time. Okay?"

Ashlynn nods, and unbuckles Sammy, holding him tightly.

Krissy nods. "Kay," she agrees. She knows the rules so it's nothing new.

"Yes. And you'd best follow the rules," AJ says, eyeing Ashlynn warily.

Kevin gets out and helps Ashlynn out. "So toy store?" he asks.

"Maybe you could point out some things that you'd like for your birthday."

Ashlynn nods, clutching Sammy to her chest.

AJ gets Krissy out and holds her close. "Let me guess, more Care Bears, right?"

Krissy giggles. "Yeah!"

AJ laughs. "Alright. Let's go find some then."

Kevin shakes his head. "You have enough toys munchkin," he says.

AJ rolls his eyes at Kevin's comment.

Ashlynn squirms slightly, wanting them to hurry up and get inside. She wanted to look around.

Kevin picks Ashlynn up and starts towards the mall doors.

AJ follows along behind him with Krissy.

Kevin heads towards the toy store and then stops inside the door. "Okay, Ashlynn, point me in the right direction," he says nuzzling her affectionately. She definitely seems to do the best when he's being very loving.

Ashlynn smiles slightly, and points him in the direction of Barbies.

AJ quickly disappears with Krissy to the Care Bear section.

Kevin nods and goes over to the Barbie aisle. "Lots of pink here, huh?"

Ashlynn scowls slightly, but spots one in blue and another in green. She points to those ones.

Kevin goes over and holds them up for Ashlynn to see. "Do you like these?"

Krissy looks around and sees a sleeping bag with Share Bear on it. "I like that," she says pointing.

Ashlynn nods. She liked them a lot! She'd never owned any Barbies before in her life.

"Well, let's check it out," AJ smiles, taking Krissy over to it.

Kevin smiles. "How about both? Then you don't have to use Krissy's. You'll each have some."

Ashlynn's eyes light up as she nods. She then points to a frilly pink one. "Krissy," she says softly, remembering her promise.

Kevin smiles. "Here's a hint, though. Krissy likes purple best. Do you see a purple one?"

Ashlynn looks about, then nods as she spots one. She points it out to him.

"You like this?" AJ asks Krissy, setting her down to look at it.

Krissy investigates the sleeping bag carefully. "Yeah."

"C'n I sleep in Ashlynn's room?" she asks.

Kevin grabs the purple one. "Oh yes. She'll love it. Great choice pumpkin!"

"You'll have to ask Ashlynn," AJ says. "It's up to her."

Ashlynn beams happily. She liked all the nicknames she was getting.

Krissy nods. "Kay," she says and walks around the corner looking for Ashlynn.

Daddy smiles and puts all three Barbies in a shopping basket.

"Wait up Munchkin," AJ says, quickly following her.

Ashlynn smiles as she looks down at them. She then spots a Barbie house and points to it.

Krissy waits long enough to keep Daddy in her sights, but quickly finds Ashlynn and Daddy Kevin too.

Kevin squats down to let Ashlynn see the house better.

AJ's glad she's making sure he can see her.

Krissy walks right up to Ashlynn and taps her shoulder. "C'n I sleep in yer room?" she asks.

Kevin looks up surprised and quickly hides the purple Barbie since Ashlynn wanted it to be a surprise.

Ashlynn, who was eyeing the Barbie house, glances at up at Krissy. She'd sat down to look as her feet still hurt. She nods slightly, just hoping Krissy wouldn't get all mad at her again later.

AJ smiles. He was glad they were starting to get along.

Krissy smiles. "I'm gonna get a seeping bag for it," she tells Ashlynn. "I show you," she says and hurries back to the sleeping bag aisle.

Kevin can't help but laugh. "Do you like the house?" he asks while Krissy's gone.

AJ runs after Krissy again, to help her with the sleeping bag.

Ashlynn nods her head yes.

Kevin smiles. "How about a game?" he suggests. "Or art projects?"

Krissy hoists the sleeping bag up to AJ. "Will you carry it, pease?" she asks.

AJ nods. "Sure Princess," he smiles. He takes it from her.

Ashlynn looks about confused, as they're in the Barbie aisle.

Kevin lifts Ashlynn up as he puts the Barbies and the house into the cart. He manages to juggle her on one hip as he pushes the cart around to the game aisle. "See? Lots of games. Would you like one? It would be just yours and people would have to ask to play with it," he tells her knowing ownership is very important to orphans.

Ashlynn's eyes light up again as she eyes all the games. She'd never seen so many before. She looks thoughtful as she looks them all over carefully. Soon though, she points to the Ninja Turtles game she'd spotted.

Kevin smiles. "That looks like fun!" he says. "Maybe Bailey would like to play it with you on Saturday," he suggests as he gets it down for Ashlynn to look at.

Ashlynn smiles as she pretends to read the back of it. Truth was, she couldn't read a single word, but her own name.

Krissy leads Daddy back to Daddy and Ashlynn in the game aisle. "I have princess games," she tells Ashlynn proudly. "You can play wif 'em too."

Kevin smiles at Krissy, whose sour mood had apparently dissipated.

Ashlynn smiles at her.

AJ holds up the sleeping bag. "Voila! One Care Bear sleeping bag, for one of two Princesses."

Kevin kisses Ashlynn's cheek. "It's very cute," he tells Krissy as he adds the game to the cart. "Now, Ashlynn...do you like art things?" he asks.

Ashlynn nods. She liked to draw, but never really go to do so.

AJ tosses the sleeping bag into the cart.

Kevin nods. "Krissy do you know where the craft aisle is?" he asks.

Krissy smiles and nods proudly turning to lead them all.

AJ smiles, glad Kevin's including Krissy too.

Kevin grins and then turns to AJ. "Make sure Krissy doesn't see the purple Barbie. It's a gift from Ashlynn."

AJ nods. "Can do.”

Krissy brings them to the craft aisle and smiles with pride.

Kevin shows Ashlynn around. There's stained glass kits, sand art, spin art, and all sorts of activities for girls.

AJ kisses Krissy's head. "Thank-you, Princess."

"Anything look interesting?" he asks Ashlynn.

Krissy smiles. "You welcome."

Ashlynn's eyes are wide. She points to the sand art and hot loops, and crayons and construction paper, and drawing paper.

Kevin smiles. "How about we pass on the construction paper since we've already got a ton of that," he suggests. "But the sand art and the hot loops look cool."

Krissy giggles. "And Ashlynn crayons!" she pipes up. "Fer her room!"

Kevin nods. "Yes, and crayons just for Ashlynn."

Ashlynn smiles at Krissy, and squirms, wanting down enough to hug the small girl.

AJ chuckles.

Kevin leans down to let Ashlynn on Krissy's level.

Ashlynn reaches over and hugs Krissy. She'd wanted to do that all morning.

AJ smiles. "Now, that's a Kodak moment."

Krissy gives Ashlynn a big bear hug.

Ashlynn smiles.

Kevin nods. "And we don't have a camera. Dang it."

AJ laughs. "Yeah, I know."

Kevin sighs standing up. "I'll get plenty at the party. Speaking of which, do you want to go to the party store now?" he asks Ashlynn.

Krissy looks confused. "Party?"

Ashlynn nods. She wanted to look at everything!

"Ashlynn's birthday is Saturday," AJ tells Krissy. "So we're going to have a party."

Kevin nods and points the cart towards the checkout lane.

Krissy grins. "YEA!" she exclaims jumping up and down. She loves parties.

Kevin laughs. "Ashlynn? Do you want to go get a cookie with Daddy AJ and Krissy while I pay for the new toys?" he asks.

"Remember Krissy, it's Ashlynn's party though," AJ reminds her gently, knowing how she could get.

Ashlynn bites her lip, looking a bit worried. She wanted a cookie, but had never been alone with her other Daddy before.

Krissy nods. "But we share cake," she says remembering all the parties she'd ever been to.

"Yes, you'll get some cake," AJ laughs.

Kevin smiles and kisses Ashlynn's cheek. "I promise it will be okay. And if he's a meanie head, I'll beat him up myself."

Ashlynn gives him a small smile, and nods slightly. She wanted a cookie.

AJ looks over at them. "Well, are we getting cookies?"

Krissy jumps up and down excitedly. "Yeah!"

Kevin gently hands Ashlynn over to AJ. "I'll catch up in just a few minutes."

"Alright," AJ nods, taking Ashlynn from him and holding her close. He kisses her head. "Off to the cookies we go!" He takes hold of Krissy's hand. "C'mon Munchkin."

Ashlynn rests her head upon AJ's shoulder.

Krissy hangs onto AJ's hand and makes silly faces at Ashlynn to make her laugh.

Kevin quickly goes back through the store and gets several things as birthday presents before actually paying.

Ashlynn giggles watching Krissy. She was glad she'd gotten a sister.

AJ takes the girls to the sweets shop and tells them they can each get three cookies.

Krissy's eyes go wide. "Wow!" she exclaims since Gramma usually says only one. "Chocolate chip, please," she says looking in the case with wide eyes.

AJ smiles and gets Krissy three chocolate chip cookies. He then gets Ashlynn three rainbow chip, as those were what she'd pointed to.

AJ pays for the cookies and hands both girls their bags, then escorts them out into the mall area to sit on a bench to eat.

Ashlynn quietly munches on her cookies.

Kevin takes the bags to the car and then jogs back into the mall. He catches up to them when they're eating on the benches. "Ooh! Looks good!" he says.

Krissy grins, her mouth covered in chocolate. "Daddy let us have three!" She says holding up three chocolaty fingers.

Ashlynn smiles, but giggles at Krissy.

Kevin's eyes widen. "Wow!"

AJ laughs. "Yeah, well, they've been good."

Kevin just laughs and shakes his head. "It's a treat. No problem."

"So, party store now?" AJ asks. "And what about books?"

Ashlynn offers a piece of her cookie to Kevin.

Kevin smiles and takes the bite from Ashlynn, but only after giving her a kiss on the cheek.

Ashlynn smiles, then finishes off the rest of her cookie.

Kevin nods to AJ. "Party store and we'll see about the bookstore. I don't want to wear them out."

AJ nods. "Alright. You wanna carry someone?"

Ashlynn lays her head on AJ's shoulder again.

Kevin laughs. "I'll get Ashlynn," he says lifting her up.

Krissy can't help but frown. She was hoping it was her turn, but the frown doesn't last. She doesn't want to get in trouble again so she just focuses on licking the chocolate off her fingers.

Ashlynn frowns slightly, as she'd been comfortable, and had noticed Krissy's look. She squirms and reaches back for AJ.

AJ raises his eyebrows in surprise.

Kevin's also surprised. "Oh! Okay," he says and sets her back down in AJ's lap.

He turns to Krissy. "Are you gonna walk like a big girl or do you want Daddy to carry you?" he asks grabbing a napkin and wiping her mouth and hands.

Krissy looks at Ashlynn. She's bigger than Krissy but she gets carried everywhere. Krissy's not so sure walking is a sign of being a big girl anymore. "Carry pease," she answers.

Kevin smiles and nods. "Okay," he says and lifts her up off the ground.

Ashlynn clings tightly to AJ, and smiles slightly at Krissy. She knew Krissy had wanted their other Daddy.

AJ gets up. "Alrighty. Now that we've played Musical Daddies, let's head to the party store."

Krissy giggles.

Kevin nods and heads off in the direction of the party store, holding AJ's hand with his free hand on the way.


Holiday Girls!