- Text Size +
Author's Chapter Notes:
Enjoy!

Disclaimer: Only own Ashlynn. Shelley owns everybody else, except BSB, who own themselves. Thank-you!

Warning: Spanking involved in this chapter.

Once everyone but Denise is gone and Krissy's watching a DVD, he heads upstairs to hear AJ yelling at Ashlynn.

"AJ, she didn't know," he says calmly.

"I'm sure Baylee had to have told her!" AJ snaps, noticing Ashlynn's sheepish look to the floor.

Kevin looks at Ashlynn. "Did Baylee tell you, you weren't allowed to cross the street?" he asks.

Ashlynn starts to shake her head no, but then stops and goes to nods yes. She stops mid nod and just looks confused. He had, but he hadn't...

"Which is it?" AJ snaps angrily.

Ashlynn shrugs, not knowing.

Kevin sighs. "Ashlynn, stand in the corner and think really hard to remember exactly what Baylee told you while you were playing," he says. He's not angry, but he's not being overly sympathetic, either.

"Daddy and I are going to go have a chat," he says motioning for AJ to follow him.

Ashlynn nods, and turns to face the corner. She was glad Daddy had come to her rescue.

"What?" AJ asks, once in the hallway.

Kevin drags him into their bedroom. "Do you really think exploding at her will help?" he asks angrily.

"Nothing else seems to be working!" AJ snaps back.

"You have *got* to learn control. I know you're mad, but you've got to stop, think, and use some control."

Kevin shakes his head. "We got her in the bath without yelling didn't we?"

"She went to church without us yelling."

"How the f*ck can you be so damned calm when she almost got herself killed out there?" AJ yells softly.

"I asked her if she knew that it was against the rules for her to cross the street or even how to cross a street and she said no."

"But did you bother to ask her that? No! Because you assume everyone was raised with a great mother like you were."

"She says no to everything!" AJ retorts.

"Because she's been treated like an animal!"

AJ rolls his eyes.

"No one's cared before. So what if she got herself killed? One less kid to think about and provide for."

"Damned..." AJ trails off. "F*ck this! You deal with her!" He then turns to leave the room.

"Remember that, taking her home was your idea too!" He says just before AJ disappears around the corner.

AJ storms downstairs, then heads outside, slamming the door behind him. Moments later, screeching tires can be heard as he tears out of the driveway.

Meanwhile, Ashlynn's still in her corner, feeling scared again.

Krissy'd seen her daddy leave. He looked mad and she was scared. She quietly retreated to the playhouse in her playroom and crawled inside crying in her sleeping bag that is always there.

Ashlynn hugs herself as she stands in the corner, her head resting against the cool wall. She wanted her Daddy - she needed a hug.

Kevin returns to Ashlynn's room. "Okay, little one, let's have a chat."

He goes over to her bed and opens his arms. "C'mere."

Ashlynn runs to him, throwing her arms about him.

She hides her face into him, as new tears begin to fall.

Kevin holds her and rubs her back. "Daddy AJ is worried about you," he tells her. "And when he gets worried, sometimes he yells."

Ashlynn sniffles. "Baylee said...he couldn't go..." She tells him quietly. "Didn' know...it for me...too..."

Kevin nods. "That's what I thought," he tells her. "I'll tell you what. From now on, any rule that applies to Baylee, applies to you, unless I tell you different. Okay?"

Ashlynn nods, and hugs him tightly.

She was scared to let him go, and afraid she was still in trouble.

Kevin kisses her forehead. "When Daddy AJ gets back, I think you should apologize for scaring him."

Ashlynn sniffles as she nods. Though, what about him? He'd scared her too.

"And I think that you two will get along better if you can start talking more. It looks like you're trying to be naughty all the time when you don't talk and tell us what's going on."

Ashlynn sighs. She really didn't like to talk all that much. Talking always got you in trouble - always.

Kevin looks at her sympathetically. "I understand that you may have not had good experiences with talking before, but things are only going to get worse around here if you don't start talking."

Ashlynn hides her face into his chest. "Why can't Baylee stay? We go Church too..." She whispers.

Kevin nods. "You're right. We do. But sleepovers usually mean you stay up late. But you can't stay up late the night before church. So you can have sleepovers on Fridays."

Ashlynn sighs heavily. "We see Baylee at Church?" She wants to know.

Kevin smiles. "We can go to that church tomorrow if you want," he says. "But lets talk about what happened downstairs first."

Ashlynn just looks at him confused.

"It's okay to be upset that we said no. You can frown all you like. And I am *so* proud of you for not saying naughty words!" He exclaims with a broad smile and a tight squeeze.

Ashlynn gives him a small smile.

"But clinging to Baylee like that, like he's Sammy, won't make us change our minds and that's like disobeying. Do you understand?"

Ashlynn sighs and shakes her head no. She'd only clung to him because she was scared he was going to be spanked once home for the pool episode.

Kevin looks at her with patience. "What don't you understand?" he asks.

"Not 'cause I wan' him stay," Ashlynn says quietly. "Don' wan' him spanked."

Kevin nods suddenly understanding. "Well there's a good example of how not talking to us, got you in trouble. If you'd told us that was your worry, we could have talked about it. But clinging to him isn't going to make Uncle Brian change his mind if he is or isn't going to punish Baylee."

Ashlynn sighs heavily, looking and sounding like AJ does when frustrated.

Kevin smirks. "You sounded like Daddy AJ just then," he tells her with a tickle.

Ashlynn squirms slightly and giggles.

AJ's headed back home, now that he's cooled off some.

"Trouble?" Ashlynn asks softly.

Kevin smiles. "No, sweetie. You didn't knowingly break any rules so you're not in trouble."

Ashlynn gives a huge sigh of relief, like AJ had done upon seeing she was okay.

AJ parks his car and comes back inside. "Momma!" He calls out.

Denise pops her head around the corner, a dishtowel slung over her shoulder. "Yes?" she asks.

"I need a hug," AJ pouts.

Kevin smiles. "But seriously, if you don't start talking, Daddy AJ and Krissy may have to go live with Gramma until you're ready to talk and give school an honest chance. It's too hard on Krissy to go through this every day."

Denise smiles at him sympathetically and wraps her arms around him. "No one said being a parent was easy."

Ashlynn looks down sadly. She didn't want them to leave because of her.

AJ hugs his mother tightly, hiding his face in her neck. "I'm such an ass to her Momma. I can't help it. She worries me."

Kevin hugs her. "So will you please, please, please try to talk more? Baylee goes to school. I think he'd really like it if you went too."

"For Baylee," Ashlynn answers softly.

Denise nods. "I know, Alex, I know. But you don't have the luxury of being a child. You really need to be the adult in this situation. Have you seen Kevin this week? He's so stressed out."

Kevin nods. "At least until you find something you like about it. Okay?"

"I'm half the reason," AJ murmurs sadly.

Ashlynn nods. "Kay."

"Krissy?" Ashlynn says a moment later, wondering where her sister is.

Kevin nods. "She's downstairs watching a DVD," he tells her. "Want to go see her?"

Ashlynn nods. "Please?"

Kevin stands her on her feet, takes her hand, and leads her downstairs.

Denise kisses AJ's cheek. "I suggest you tell him how much you appreciate him tonight," he says as Kevin and Ashlynn come downstairs.

Ashlynn's quiet, as she walks with Daddy.

AJ's nods. "I will Momma." He gives her a kiss.

Kevin smiles at AJ. "Alright, she knows about the street now and she knows that any rules that apply to Baylee apply to her too," he reports.

"And she's going to try to talk more," he adds.

AJ nods. "Fine," he says.

Ashlynn let's go of Kevin, and goes over to tug on AJ's shirt. Once he looks down at her, she stares up at him, speaking softly. "Sorry Daddy," she whispers.

Kevin watches a little nervously.

AJ looks as though he's just been bowled over and is in complete and utter shock. She'd never called him Daddy before. He doesn't know what to do.

Ashlynn still stares up at him quietly.

AJ finally crouches down before her, and pulls her into a hug. "I'm sorry too, Honey," he says, giving her head a kiss.

Ashlynn returns his hug.

Kevin smiles broadly. Thank goodness.

"Why don't you go find Krissy, and play with your new toys, okay?" AJ suggests. "Daddy and I need to talk."

Ashlynn nods, gives him a kiss, then runs off to find Krissy.

Denise smiles. "Well I think I'll head out," she says putting the dishtowel down.

"You boys have a good evening," she tells them as she gets her purse and sees herself out.

AJ gives her a kiss goodbye. "Love you Momma. And thanks."

He looks at Kevin, as he fiddles with his rings.

Kevin smiles at her and then turns to AJ. "What's up?" he asks.

"I'm sorry," AJ says honestly. "I just - I'm so damned worried about her. I mean, how can a child of eight not know some of these things. How can people be so damned cruel?"

Kevin shrugs. "I don't know," he says just as patiently as he had with Ashlynn. "But that just means we have to work extra hard at showing her love and fixing all that's been taught wrong."

AJ runs his hand over his face. "My short temper don't help much, does it?" He says sheepishly.

Ashlynn's still looking for Krissy, and soon finds her in the playroom.

Krissy's been laying on her sleeping bag miserable at how mad her daddy has been lately and how distant the other one has been.

Ashlynn crawls in next to Krissy. "You kay?" She asks softly.

Kevin nods. "Yes it does," he agrees. "Should we do something about that later after the girls are in bed?" He asks.

Krissy nods. "Daddy's mad," she tells Ashlynn sadly.

AJ looks at him. "Whatcha mean exactly?"

"Not no more," Ashlynn tells her. "I saids sorry."

Kevin takes a deep breath. He'd heard of some couples had a more dom/sub relationship, but was it right for them. "Would it help you if I gave you a...a...'reminder' about controlling your temper?" he asks.

Krissy just shrugs. "Kay," she says. "I'm tired. Wanna camp out?" she asks indicating her sleeping bag.

AJ blushes sheepishly. "I dunno Kev...did it work last time we tried - for whatever it was?"

"Sure!" Ashlynn grins. "I gotta sleepin' bag now too!"

Kevin chuckles. "Must have. You haven't smoked in years."

AJ squirms uncomfortably, like Ashlynn usually did when fearing a spanking. "True..."

Kevin nods. "Alright. I'll tuck them in bed after you kiss them goodnight and when I'm done with Ashlynn, I want to find you in the corner in our bedroom."

AJ nods sheepishly.

Kevin nodded and went into the living room to find Ashlynn. "Did you like your party, pumpkin?" he asked.

Ashlynn looked up and smiled. "Uh-huh," she nodded. "Thank-you."

A.J. found Krissy and gave her a kiss. "Goodnight, Baby."

Kevin smiled. "You're very welcome, princess. Now how about you run upstairs and put your jammies on?" he said.

Krissy smiled and kissed AJ's nose. "Night, night, Daddy," she said.

A.J. gave her another kiss. "You and Sissy camping down here in your play house?"

Ashlynn nods, then runs upstairs to get into her jammies like a good girl.

Krissy shrugged. "Can we?" she asked hopefully.

"Sure!" A.J. smiled.

Kevin watched Ashlynn with a smile. She was getting into the routine and learning so quickly. He couldn't be prouder.

Krissy squealed with delight. "Thanks!" she exclaimed and wrapped her arms around AJ's neck.

Kevin turned and chuckled at them. "Go upstairs and get your jammies, Krissy. Tell sissy to bring her sleeping bag down."

A.J. looks to Kev. "I'm gonna go say g'night to Ashlynn."

Kevin nodded. "Okay," he agreed as Krissy ran upstairs.

Ashlynn was fighting to get her jammies on, but having problems.

"ASHLYNN!" she yelled as she ran upstairs.

"WHAT?" Ashlynn called back, surprising A.J. as he came upstairs.

Kevin ran after Krissy, and scooped her up. "Jammies first, goober."

Krissy giggled as Kevin carried her into her room to get her changed.

A.J. entered Ashlynn's room, and laughed when he saw her struggling to get into one-piece pajamas. "Need some help?"

Ashlynn nods, and lets him help her out.

Kevin puts Krissy in her Care Bears jammies with the little footies. "Now no playing all night, Krissy," he told her.

Krissy nodded. "Kay," she agreed.

Once she's set, A.J. kisses her head, helps her get her sleeping bag, then heads off to his room down the hall. Soon as he's there, he goes to his designated corner.

Kevin meets Ashlynn in the hallway. "Okay, girls, time to go get in bed," he says escorting them back to the playroom where the playhouse is.

Krissy scampers into the playroom and opens the door of the playhouse for Ashlynn.

Ashlynn hurries into the playroom and sets up her sleeping bag. Her eyes go big then. "Sammy!"

Kevin gives her a hug to help calm her down. "It's okay, baby. He's in the dryer. I'll get him out right now."

Ashlynn nods, and sits down to wait impatiently.

Kevin disappears for a few minutes and then is back with Sammy.

Ashlynn jumps up and grabs Sammy from him, hugging her friend tightly.

Kevin smiles. "Okay, baby, climb into your sleeping bag."

Krissy gets into her sleeping bag and snuggles down with her blankie and favorite Care Bear.

Ashlynn crawls into hers and curls up with Sammy.

Kevin squatted down. "Okay, girls," he said kissing both of them. "Now you can talk for awhile, but don't get out any toys, okay?"

"Kay," Ashlynn says softly. "We gots Church - with Baylee!"

Kevin chuckles. "That's right. Church tomorrow so you need sleep. Sweet dreams my angels," he says and kisses them again before heading out.

He leaves on a nightlight and then turns off the overhead light before going back upstairs to the master bedroom.

He walks in, a stern expression on his face. "Alexander," he says firmly, "I hope you've been thinking of ways to control your temper."

A.J. nods sheepishly, still facing the wall.

Ashlynn talks to Krissy for a bit, then falls asleep.

Krissy was asleep almost instantly.

Kevin goes over to the closet and gets out a thick leather belt.

Kevin walks over to the bed and calls AJ over. "Alex, come over here, please."

A.J. bites his lip and obediently goes over.

Kevin looks at him sternly. "Alex, you wanted to adopt just as much as I did. And what's more, you knew Ashlynn would be a tough case the moment we met her.”

A.J. sighs and looks down at his feet. "I know..."

“It is incredibly unfair for you to expect her to be as well behaved as Krissy after only a few days."

A.J. looks sheepish.

"Now, I know you get frustrated with her. I do too. But you have to remember that you're the adult and that you have to control your temper. She knows what it's liked to be hated, but she has no concept of love, which means we have to work very hard at showing her love, even when she's being disciplined. Got it?"

"Yes," A.J. whispers softly. His hands are over his bottom, trying to protect it.

Kevin nods. "Now, I know the belt is kind of harsh, but frankly, I don't think you're going to get the point any other way so remove your jeans and underwear."

"But Kev..." A.J. whines like a mere child. "I gotta sit in Church tomorrow..."

Kevin just looks at him with more sternness. "That's right, but you've earned this lickin', Alex. Your mom would agree with me."

"Nuh-uh," A.J. says, shaking his head, hands still covering his bottom. "Momma would just send me to bed without dinner."

Kevin scoffs. "Yeah...right," he replies. "I know that's not true. Now, jeans and underwear off. Last chance."

A.J. just shakes his head defiantly. "Nuh-uh. Don't know why I agreed to this anyway."

He chews his lip nervously, his hands still covering his bottom.

Kevin sighs and grabs AJ by the upper arm, spins him around and applies his hand to AJ's backside as hard as he can three times. "This is not up for discussion Alexander Richardson."

A.J. yelps slightly. "Shit..."

AJ, being an adult, is allowed to cuss, but Kevin looks at him steadily. "Jeans, Alex. Now."

A.J. grumbles rudely, and decides to do as told. He tosses his clothing onto their bed.

Kevin nods to the bed. "Bend over," he says firmly.

A.J. looks nervous, and pauses a moment before doing so.

Kevin gently guides AJ down onto the bed. "Grab some of the pillows," he advises.

A.J. does as told quietly.

With AJ in position, Kevin brings his hand down on AJ's backside firmly a half dozen times in various spots.

A.J. yelps each time, considering it's been a while since he's been spanked.

Kevin quickens the pace gradually getting harder until he's given AJ 30 solid hand spanks.

A.J.'s squirming slightly, not liking this too much anymore.

When AJ's rear end is a nice shade of pink, Kevin picks up the belt. "I'm going to give you 12 licks, Alex, and you're going to count each one of them."

"O-Okay," A.J. says nervously.

Kevin brings the belt back and the gives AJ the first lick right across the center of both cheeks.

A.J. yelps loudly. "ONE!"

Kevin gives him the second, a little higher up.

"TWO!" A.J. yelps again.

Kevin delivers the third lick to the lower part of AJ's backside, just above the thighs.

A.J. yelps, and hops from one foot to the other. "Three!"

Kevin gets through the rest of the licks and places number twelve, criss-cross all the others.

"TWELVE!" A.J. shrieks, jumping up and hopping about. "Yeow!"

He has tears streaming down his face, and he's rubbing his bottom frantically.

Kevin tosses the belt into the corner and immediately hugs AJ tightly. "I really hate doing that man, but you've gotta be the other parent, not my third kid, okay?"

A.J. nods, sniffling some. "I know," he whimpers, clinging to Kevin tightly.

Kevin hugs him tight. "Wanna cuddle?" he offers.

A.J. nods, and lies down on their bed carefully.

Kevin turned out the lights and got undressed before climbing into bed with AJ. "I love you, AJ."

"Love you, Kev," A.J. murmurs, closing his eyes, snuggling close, and going to sleep.