- Text Size +
Author's Chapter Notes:
Well, lookie what I found in the search of something else. Lol. Enjoy!

Disclaimer: Only own Ashlynn. Shelley owns Krissy, Sam, & all the Littrell children. BSB own themselves! Thank-you!

Warning: Corporal Punishment & a bit of language.
NEXT MORNING. . . . . . .

Kevin woke up early and showered before AJ was even up. Once he was up and dressed except for a tie, he shook AJ gently. "Babe, time to get up."

A.J. grumbles. "Do I hafta go to Church?"

Ashlynn's awake, and in the kitchen, standing on the counter to get her and Krissy some pop-tarts.

Kevin laughs. "Yes," he replies. "Now come on. I'll get the girls some breakfast while you get dressed."

"Alright," A.J. mutters, getting up and heading for the shower.

Krissy watches Ashlynn in awe. "You gonna get in trouble?" she asks.

Ashlynn shrugs. "I dunno," she replies.

She tosses Krissy some pop-tarts.

Kevin heads downstairs to wake up the girls and is surprised to see them already up.

Krissy catches the box.

Kevin quickly grabs Ashlynn off the counter. "Ashlynn, honey, be careful!" he exclaims with worry. "That's so dangerous!"

Ashlynn looks surprised, as she hadn't seen nor heard him come into the kitchen. "Kay..." She says softly, squirming, wanting down to get her package from Krissy.

A.J. finishes showering, and gets dressed in his Sunday best. He winces when the clothing makes contact with his sore bottom.

Kevin kisses her and sets her down.

Krissy gives her the pop-tarts. "C'n I have one?" she asks.

Ashlynn grabs Sammy up, and gets out two packages of pop-tarts. She hands a pack to Krissy.

Kevin goes to the fridge and opens it, getting out milk for both of them.

Krissy smiles and then gives the pack to Kevin. "Warm, please."

Ashlynn opens hers and pops one into her mouth.

Kevin smiles and puts the pastries in the toaster. "Do you want yours warmed up?" he asks Ashlynn.

Ashlynn shakes her head no, and goes off into the living room to eat and watch cartoons.

A.J. comes downstairs and turns the T.V. off. "No cartoons before Church."

Kevin butters Krissy's pop-tart and sits her at the table with her milk. "Yeah, princess. Not enough time today."

Ashlynn scowls and turns her cartoon back on.

"I said no, Ashlynn," A.J. says, turning it off again. "Now, get into the kitchen and sit at the table."

Krissy watches Daddy AJ and Ashlynn a little nervously.

Ashlynn gives him an icy look, not moving off the couch.

"You've got 'till the count of three, Ashlynn," A.J. tells her.

Kevin watches and purses his lips. "Ashlynn, your father told you to do something," he says sternly.

Ashlynn scowls, and takes another bite out of her pop-tart.

"One..." A.J. says.

Krissy pats the table next to her. "Come sit by me, Ashlynn, please?" she asks not wanting her daddies to be mad in the morning again.

Ashlynn still sits there and eats her pop-tart defiantly.

"Two..." A.J. says, trying to remain calm.

He waits a moment. "Thr - "

Ashlynn quickly jumps up and runs for the kitchen table. She smirks slightly as she sits down next to Krissy, Sammy at her side.

Krissy finishes her pop tart with relief.

A.J. sighs heavily and enters the kitchen, not looking all that amused.

Kevin just shakes his head. "Ashlynn, next time, if you don't behave, Daddy AJ or I will give you a spanking. Understand me?"

Ashlynn scowls and slouches down in her seat.

A.J. gets himself some toast.

Ashlynn munches on her second pop-tart now.

Kevin just makes some coffee. "As soon as you girls are done with your breakfast, hurry upstairs so you can get dressed," he says.

Ashlynn finishes her breakfast, then goes upstairs, climbs up onto her bed and starts to jump after having had dressed Sammy in his suit. She was stark naked from head-to-toe, and bouncing about on the bed like crazy.

A.J. stands to eat his toast, his backside still sore from the night before.

Kevin cleans up Ashlynn's cup and hurries Krissy along, before heading up to check on Ashlynn. "Ashlynn, you dressed?" he asks as she walks into the room. "Ashlynn!" he exclaims in surprise. "Honey, we're in a hurry," he reminds her. "Didn't you want to see Baylee?"

"Y-Yes!" Ashlynn exclaims, still jumping about on her bed. "He come here!"

A.J. follows Krissy up to her room, so that she can be dressed even quicker.

Kevin shakes his head. "No, he's going to be at church," he says. "Now do you want to go with a sore bottom or a regular one?"

Ashlynn stops jumping and covers her bottom with her hands. "NO!" She shrieks.

A.J. dresses Krissy, and takes her downstairs to get her shoes on.

Kevin just crosses his arms. "Then get down and put your undies on."

Krissy's been pretty out of it and her face is a little flushed. "Are we goin' to a new church?" she asks AJ quietly.

"Yes, Baby," A.J. tells her. "We're going to Uncle Brian's Church."

Ashlynn stands there staring at him a moment, hands still over her bottom.

Kevin sighs. "One..."

Krissy just nods. "You'll stay with me, though, right?" she asks anxiously.

Ashlynn scowls. "No! No spanking!"

"Sure, Baby," A.J. smiles kissing her head. "Jamie will be there too."

Kevin points to the floor. "Then get down and get dressed."

Ashlynn hops down on the opposite side and stands there now.

Krissy smiles a little. "Kay," she agrees even though she takes a small bit of his pant leg in her small fist and holds onto it so he can't get away.

Kevin shakes his head. "I said dressed, Ashlynn. That's two."

A.J. chuckles and pats her head affectionately. "Don't worry."

Ashlynn retrieves a pair of panties, but instead of putting them on her rump, she sticks them on her head to be silly. She grins impishly at him.

Kevin does not look amused. "Baylee won't be happy if you're late," he warns her.

Ashlynn frowns. She sticks her panties on properly, then goes and disappears into her closet, purposely getting lost in there.

A.J. picks Krissy up and hugs her close.

Ashlynn pretends to be looking for a dress, but is actually hiding.

Kevin goes in after Ashlynn and plants a hard swat on her bottom.

Ashlynn yelps and starts to cry. "Ow! Daddy! Ow!"

"If we're late for church, you and I will spend the afternoon here warming your bottom while Daddy takes Krissy to a movie."

Ashlynn starts to cry harder. "No!" She wails. "No spanking!"

She lets her hands cover her bottom.

Kevin shakes his head. "Then you need to behave, don't you?

Krissy lays her head on AJ's shoulder and sticks her thumb in her mouth.

Ashlynn whimpers. She yanks at a pair of jeans. She didn't want to wear a dress anymore.

A.J. rubs her back and sings softly.

Ashlynn gets her jeans down and starts to put them on, then grabs for a ratty looking t-shirt.

Kevin shakes his head. "Dress, Ashlynn. It's for church."

Ashlynn scowls, and strips down to her panties again. She starts to yank dresses off their hooks angrily. A few minutes later, she finds one and puts it on backwards purposely.

She turned and gave him a look, which said, "There! Happy NOW?"

Kevin sighs. "Alright, Ashlynn. You can see Baylee next week."

With that he leaves and goes downstairs. He frowns when he sees Krissy in AJ's arms. "Is she okay?" he asks worriedly.

"NO!" Ashlynn shrieks, quickly putting her dress on properly. She grabs Sammy up and quickly runs after Kevin. "DADDY!"

A.J. nods. "Yeah. Just worried about going to a new Church."

Kevin nods and rubs Krissy's back. "It's okay, sweetie. Auntie Sam will be there too," he points out and then turns around to see Ashlynn. "No, Ashlynn. You had your chance. Go back upstairs. You're grounded for the rest of the morning."

Krissy looks up. "Ashlynn not going to church?" she asks.

Ashlynn bursts into tears. "I sorry Daddy! Sorry!" She wanted to go to Church – she actually kind of liked Church.

A.J. sighs, and watches Kevin and Ashlynn.

Krissy, being too little to handle all the wild emotions that fly through the house of late, curls up in a ball and buries herself against AJ's chest.

Kevin shakes his head. "You didn't seem to want to before. You have to obey to get what you want, Ashlynn."

"Ill be outside," A.J. tells him, taking Krissy out.

"PLEASE Daddy!?!?!" Ashlynn says, running over to stand right in front of him and stares straight up into his face. "PLEASE!?!?!"

Kevin raises an eyebrow. "Am I going to have any problems with your behavior today?" he asks sternly. "Because I won't hesitate to turn you over my lap right in front of Baylee."

Ashlynn's eyes go huge, and she shakes her head no. "Nuh-uh! No Daddy! I good!"

Kevin nods. "Then go up to the bathroom and get a hairbrush so I can get your hair combed out on the way."

Ashlynn very quickly does as told, and returns moments later with a brush and a few hair elastics. "Here Daddy!"

Krissy whimpers against AJ's chest. "I wanna go to sleep," she tells him, confused about how to express her scared feelings that she has all the time these days.

Kevin nods. "Alright, go get in the van. We'll take that so I can sit in back with you."

A.J. kisses her head. "Shh. You'll be fine, Baby."

Kevin follows Ashlynn out. "AJ? Will you drive the van?"

"Sure," A.J. says, placing Krissy into her car seat.

Kevin opens the backdoor for Ashlynn. "Buckle in and then turn to the side," he says climbing in.

Ashlynn gets in and buckles herself and Sammy up.

Krissy whimpers when AJ leaves her in the car seat. She wanted to sit with him, but knows she can't if he's driving. Doesn't mean she likes it.

Once everybody is in and buckled up, A.J. drives off towards the Church.

Kevin quickly brushes out Ashlynn's hair and parts it down the side. "Krissy, honey, everything's okay," he says looking over at her and blowing her a kiss.

Ashlynn sits still, having had decided she wanted a normal bottom for Church.

A.J. is almost at the Church.

Kevin puts the brush in a travel caddy as they arrive and then helps Krissy out of her car seat.

Krissy struggles in Kevin's arms. It feels weird with him now and she only wants AJ so she hurries over to him and attaches herself to his leg.

A.J. sighs and leans down to scoop her up. "It's okay, Honey."

Kevin tries very hard not to be offended that his daughter didn't want to be held by him and helps Ashlynn out of the van.

Ashlynn clings to Kevin's hand and Sammy once out of the van.

Krissy just holds onto AJ for dear life.

A.J. kisses her head and takes her inside, finding a seat in the same pew, Brian and his crew, are sitting in.

Kevin checks his watch. "We actually made it with fifteen minutes to spare. How fast were you going, AJ?" he asks his husband with a smile.

Baylee looks over and waves to Ashlynn.

"Fast enough to save someone from a spanking," A.J. answers, eyeing Ashlynn.

Ashlynn's face lights up when she spots Baylee.

Jamie and Ben wave to Krissy but she just lays against AJ quietly.

A.J. takes a seat.

Sam smiles at Kevin and AJ. "Hi, guys," she says quietly. "What's wrong with Krissy?" she mouths to AJ.

"Nervous," A.J. mouths back.

"Daddy! Baylee!" Ashlynn says softly, tugging on his hand.

Sam looks skeptical.

Kevin nods. "Yes, Ashlynn, but you can seem him after the service. I don't want you talking through church."

A.J. shrugs, and nods his head towards Ashlynn and rolls his eyes.

Sam nods getting a better idea of the situation.

"Daddy!" Ashlynn whines slightly, looking ready to cry. "Please?"

Kevin looks at her sternly and shakes his head. "No, young lady. You're really pushing it this morning. Now you sit still and if you can't listen to the pastor I want you to think hard about obeying me from now on."

Ashlynn scowls angrily, and plops down in a huff. "Wanna sit Baylee," she grumbles, hugging Sammy to her chest.

Baylee looks at Brian who shakes his head.

Baylee gives Ashlynn a sympathetic look.

The service starts and Krissy's already fallen asleep.

Ashlynn scowls and slinks down in her spot. She'd wanted to come and sit next to Baylee.

A.J. chuckles softly, and holds her a bit closer.

Ashlynn kicks the back of the pew in front of her, as she swings her legs.

Kevin puts his hand out to hold her legs down. "Stop it," he says quietly, but firmly.

Ashlynn frowns, but stops swinging her legs. She glances down the row at Baylee; she leans so far, she falls off her seat.

A.J. does his best to ignore Ashlynn.

Kevin sighs and picks his daughter up, placing her firmly on his lap.

Baylee stifles a laugh just before Brian can give him a look.

Ashlynn squirms slightly, dropping Sammy by accident. She leans down trying to get him, and conks her head on the pew in front of them. "Ow!" She exclaims softly, rubbing her head.

Kevin picks her back up and holds Sammy for her, but where she can still snuggle him.

Ashlynn glances down at Baylee, growing restless, as she wanted to sit with him and hug him.

She squirms some more.

Kevin looks down at her. "Ashlynn, are you thinking about being obedient?" he asks.

Ashlynn sighs and grumbles to Sammy softly. "Wan' Baylee..." She whispers. "Please?"

Kevin waits for a hymn and everyone to stand up before taking Ashlynn by the hand and leading her out of the sanctuary quickly.

Ashlynn starts to cry. She couldn't help she was restless.

"Ashlynn, you were so good last week," he says once they're in a hallway. "If you can't behave, we'll find another church."

"No!" Ashlynn cries. "Wanna stay Baylee!"

Kevin nods. "I know, Ashlynn, but you can only see him if you're going to be a good girl," he tells her for the millionth time.

"Please Daddy!" Ashlynn begs. "I good! Wanna sit Baylee! Please!"

Kevin shakes his head. "You're going to talk to him and that's not allowed during church."

"Won't talk!" Ashlynn says. "PLEASE Daddy!"

Kevin sighs. "I'll ask Brian if you can sit together next week, but for the rest of the hour, you need to sit by me. Okay?"

Ashlynn sighs heavily, and rubs at her teary eyes. "Kay," she says a tad grouchy.

She quickly turns and goes back into where everyone else was. She reaches their pew and climbs over A.J. to get back to her spot.

She glances down the pew at Baylee sadly.

Baylee smiles at her just before the sermon starts again.

Ashlynn gives him a tiny smile, and rubs her eyes again. She felt sad. She'd only wanted to come, so she could sit with Baylee and look at all the pretty things with him.

A.J. shifts Krissy slightly.

Kevin offers to take Krissy from AJ.

A.J. gratefully hands her over, as his arms were getting sore, and his bottom was driving him crazy.

Ashlynn squirms a bit. "Daddy? Hafta pee. I gonna go, kay?"

Kevin nods. "Okay. But come right back," he whispers.

Ashlynn nods and climbs out of the pew. Once out, she glances at Baylee and nods her head slightly. She did have to pee, but she wanted to give him a hug and kiss more than anything else right then.

Baylee whispers up to Brian who looks down a little annoyed, but nods and Baylee also gets up and heads out.

Ashlynn waits impatiently for Baylee at the washrooms. She was also waiting for someone to get out of the ladies room as well.

A.J. pays attention to the sermon.

Baylee runs up to Ashlynn with a smile on his face. "Hi," he says.

"Hi!" Ashlynn smiles back, quickly kissing his cheek and giving him a hug.

She drags him into the ladies washroom, once the woman inside has come out and disappeared.

Baylee blushes and returns the hug. "I gotta be fast though. I'm not supposed to go to the bathroom during church."

"Oh," Ashlynn says. "Kay." She makes him turn away from her, and goes to the bathroom quickly. She then flushes the toilet and washes her hands. She smiles at him again, kissing his cheek once more. "Fun bein' sneaky."

Baylee nods nervously. "Yeah. We should go back now," he decides.

"Kay," Ashlynn agrees, giving him one last kiss. "We can plays later." She smiles at him. "C'n we walk back together? Or that mean trouble?"

A.J. nudges Kevin. "Kev," he whispers. "You notice two are missing from our row?"

Baylee shakes his head. "We can go back together."

Kevin nods. "I noticed."

"Kay," Ashlynn smiles, taking hold of his hand. She walks back inside with him.

A.J. shakes his head. "Bet she didn't even hafta pee."

Baylee walks Ashlynn back to their pew and then crawls over Kevin and AJ to sit next to Sam.

Ashlynn crawls over A.J. and frowns when she sees Krissy in Kevin's lap. She smiles at Baylee, but sits down between her Daddies instead like a good girl.

Brian looks down and frowns at Baylee.

Ashlynn reaches over Kevin momentarily to get Sammy. Once she has her bear, she sits there quietly, looking around at all the pretty things.

A.J. shakes his head, and pays attention to the sermon now.

Soon the sermon, and the service are over.

Brian turns to Baylee and has a very serious, very quiet discussion with him.

Kevin stands up, stretching.

Ashlynn looks up at Kevin expectantly. She wanted to see Baylee now.

Sam looks over and smiles. "Krissy's still asleep!" she says surprised.

A.J. stands up and stretches too, taking Krissy back from Kevin.

Kevin nods. "Guess she had a rough night," he figures as AJ takes the little one. "Ashlynn, wait 'till Uncle Brian and Baylee are done talking, honey."

"Hmph!" Ashlynn scowls, hugging Sammy tighter. She was growing impatient.

A.J. looks at Kevin, wondering if they're going to say anything about her bathroom meeting.

He nods to Sam. "She's not used to all the fighting."

Ashlynn moves towards Baylee and Brian slightly.

Kevin shakes his head. "I said wait, Ashlynn. Besides, I'd like to know if you actually used the bathroom while you were out," he says softly.

Sam nods. "I see. Would you like to have her stay with us for awhile?" she offers. "Just till things calm down?"

"YEA!" Jamie exclaims in excitement.

"I'll hafta talk to Kev," A.J. says softly.

"Yes," Ashlynn answers simply.

Brian turns around mid-sentence and gives Jamie a look. "Outside if you're going to yell."

Kevin nods. "Did you tell Baylee to leave at exactly the same time you did?" he asks.

A.J. nods towards the door. "Let's you and I head out. Think some need to discuss things quietly." He leads Jamie outside with him.

Ashlynn looks away sheepishly.

Jamie nods and follows AJ.

Kevin makes Ashlynn look at him. "I need an answer."

Ashlynn bites her lip. She nods slightly.

A.J. sits upon a bench, still holding Krissy, though he helps Jamie up. He's made sure to bring Ben with him too.

Kevin looks visibly disappointed.

Ashlynn looks down, feeling naughty, thus making herself even grouchier than before.

"Ashlynn, church is not a place for you to talk and play," Kevin says. "Now, I'm gonna let it go today since you're still new to this, but next week, you go potty before service and no leaving in the middle. Deal?"

Ashlynn grumbles softly, but nods.

She huffs, and sits down on the bench again, to impatiently wait for Baylee.

Kevin raises an eyebrow. "If you're going to pout, we'll just go home now," he says with warning.

Ashlynn sighs slightly, and casts a glance down Baylee's way. She wanted to go and play.

Kevin waits. "If you really want to stay, I need to hear an apology and you need to tell me if you're going to follow the rules next week," he says.

Krissy rubs her eyes, starting to wake up.

Ashlynn frowns momentarily. What was so wrong with going to the bathroom and bringing Baylee along? She shrugged to herself slightly, then looked up at him and nodded. She stood up on the bench to give him a kiss - she didn't know they weren't for standing.

A.J. rubs Krissy's back. "You awake, Baby? Jamie and Ben are waitin'."

Krissy looks around and smiles at her friends. "Are we at church now?" she asks AJ groggily, under the impression that it hadn't started yet.

A.J. chuckles. "It's all over, Baby."

Kevin gently lifts Ashlynn off the pew. "Don't stand on that sweet pea," he says giving her a kiss.

Krissy looks confused. "I missed it?"

Ashlynn blushes slightly, and rests her head upon his shoulder, hugging Sammy closer.

Brian nods and stands aside from Baylee. "Okay, Kev. He's released," he says rubbing his temples.

"Yep," A.J. says, kissing her head.

Ashlynn squirms, wanting down now.

Krissy frowns. "C'n I play?" she asks

"Yep," A.J. grins. "But go play on the Church equipment. Stay outta the parking lot." He sets her down.

Kevin puts Ashlynn on her feet. "Remember, Ashlynn, you let Baylee tell you what the rules are."

Ashlynn nods, and quickly moves to stand next to Baylee. She smiles widely at him.

Krissy runs off with Jamie and Ben, as Sam walks up carrying little Grace. "So there's a lot of fighting?" she asks AJ with concern.

A.J. sighs. "Ashlynn listens when she wants to listen."

"Krissy's kind of stuck in the middle, and not used to all the arguing and yelling."

"You trouble?" Ashlynn asks softly.

Baylee smiles. "Wanna go play on the swings?" he asks.

"Yeah!" Ashlynn exclaims, then clamps her hand over her mouth sheepishly. She nods furiously.

Baylee shakes his head. "Not anymore."

Ashlynn smiles. "Good."

Baylee leads Ashlynn out to the playground, passing Sam and AJ on the way.

Sam frowns. "Poor kid. Can't be good for your marriage at the moment, either."

Ashlynn grabs hold of his hand, and starts to run the rest of the way with him.

"Heh..." A.J. says, looking sheepish himself now.

Kevin looks up at Brian apologetically. 'I'm sorry, B," he says.

Brian shakes his head. "Not your fault. You don't have the luxury of training her since she was a baby and couldn't disobey. So now you have to teach her what seems natural to kids raised like this. Just means I have to keep a closer eye on Bay."

"She listens more to Kev, than me," A.J. adds. "She's driving me up a wall, and scaring Krissy. But, Krissy doesn't like for us to leave her - well, me anyway. She thinks Kev is Ashlynn's Daddy now and not hers anymore."

Sam looks at AJ with sympathy. "Has Kevin explained that's not true?"

"He's tried...But Krissy isn't in a listening mood."

Ashlynn reaches the swings and sits upon one. She immediately starts to swing, after having had set Sammy down on the ground next to her.

Baylee sits down next to her. "Can't go to the bathroom during church anymore," he tells her.

Ashlynn nods. "Daddy said no too."

Sam just shakes her head.

A.J. sighs heavily.

Brian and Kevin catch up to Sam and AJ.

Sam smiles at them and kisses Brian's cheek.

Brian smiles at Grace and takes her out of Sam's arms.

Kevin smiles. "So she woke up, huh?" he asks happy to see Krissy playing with Jamie and Ben.

"Yeah," A.J. nods. "She thought we'd just gotten here."

Ashlynn swings higher and higher on her swing. She felt happier now that she was able to play with Baylee.

Kevin chuckles.

A.J. gives a small smile, though he looks worried. "Kev, Ashlynn's scaring her with all the arguing."

Sam smiles. "Kev, would you like for Krissy to stay with us for awhile till Ashlynn gets settled in?" she asks.

"She's five and stressing."

Kevin hesitates.

Ashlynn soon jumps off her swing, giggling as she lands. "C'mon!" She says, grabbing Sammy up and running for the gate. "Ice cream man!" She'd seen him coming down the street.

Baylee stops quickly and runs after her. "No, Ashlynn. We gotta stay in the church yard," he calls after her.

Ashlynn looks back at him and frowns. "Gonna ask Daddy, Silly."

Kevin sighs. "AJ, we can't just take Ashlynn back. What else would you suggest we do?"

"Blister her backside for a week," A.J. mutters, looking away from Kevin.

"C'mon!" Ashlynn urges.

Kevin doesn't look amused.

Baylee follows Ashlynn over to their parents.

"Daddy!" Ashlynn says, tugging on his sleeve. "Daddy!"

Kevin looks down. "What's up, princess?" he asks.

A.J. gives her an annoyed glance, which she ignores.

"Ice cream!" Ashlynn says, pointing to the Ice Cream Man coming down the street.

"Please?" She adds quickly.

Kevin looks confused. "Please what?" he asks. She was going to have to start talking. No way around it.

Ashlynn sighs exasperated. "Ice cream, Daddy! Ice Cream Man!"

Kevin nods. "Yes, Ashlynn, I can see that there is an ice cream man. What about him?" he asks.

"C'n I have one?" Ashlynn asks, trying hard not to become frustrated. "Please?"

Kevin nods. "There you go," he says digging in his pocket. "You have to use words so I know what you want," he reminds her and hands her 75 cents.

Baylee looks at Brian. "Can I please have some ice cream too?" he asks.

Brian looks a shade annoyed with Kevin but hands Baylee 75 cents as well.

Ashlynn beams when he hands her money. She gives him a quick hug as thanks. She grabs Baylee's hand and runs off for the Ice Cream Man with him.

"Do not go in to the street and walk in the parking lot," Kevin says sternly.

Ashlynn reaches the end of the parking lot, as she had run most the way before he'd called out. She stands on the sidewalk hopping from one foot to the next.

A.J. shakes his head. "And she's rewarded for drivin' us nuts...."

Kevin looks at AJ and Brian helplessly. "I have to reinforce good behavior. She actually put a complete sentence together. What was I supposed to do?" he asks.

"Remind her she's been naughty all morning," A.J. says flatly.

Brian just shakes his head. "You're being soft, Kev."

Ashlynn's excited, as she'd never bought ice cream from the Ice Cream Man before.

Kevin sighs. "Where's the incentive to be good if when she *does* do what I've told her, I say no?"

Baylee waits till the truck stops by the sidewalk and then leads Ashlynn to the truck.

A.J. shakes his head again. "Kev, yes, she finally spoke a sentence, but she's been acting up all morning. Heck, she even disappeared in Church telling us she had to pee."

Ashlynn stares at the pictures for a bit, then points to the chocolate Klondike cone.

"And she probably didn't even hafta pee," A.J. adds. "More than likely just said that, so she could see Baylee when she wanted to."

The ice cream man gives her the ice cream in exchange for her money.

Then Baylee buys 6 ten-cent pieces of taffy.

Kevin sighs. "She said she went to the bathroom," he replies feeling tired.

Ashlynn smiles at him, then giggles as she opens her ice cream.

"That I don't believe," A.J. says flatly. "You ask Baylee if she actually went? He's the truthful one."

Brian nods. "Yes, she went," he answers.

Baylee walked through the parking lot back to his parents.

Ashlynn follows him, licking her ice cream happily.

A.J. raises his eyebrows. "Oh, really?"

Brian nods.

Ashlynn tugs on Kevin's shirt again, wanting to give him back the leftover five cents.

A.J. spots Ashlynn and sighs heavily again, giving her yet another dirty look.

Baylee gives Brian 15 cents back and then runs over to Jamie, Ben, and Krissy, giving them each two pieces of taffy.

Ashlynn frowns at A.J., sticks her tongue out quickly, then runs off after Baylee.

A.J. does not look the least bit amused.

Kevin shakes his head and takes a few strides to catch up with Ashlynn and picks her up. "That's it, Ashlynn, no more ice cream," he says and takes the Klondike bar from her.

"No!" Ashlynn shrieks, not understanding why it was getting taken away. She hadn't even reached the chocolately goo inside yet.

Brian looks at Baylee confused. "I thought you were getting ice cream."

A.J. watches Kevin and Ashlynn, trying to keep his temper in tact.

Kevin shakes his head. "You know better than to stick your tongue out at people," he says sternly. "You've been pushing it all day and I thought it would be nice to give you a treat since you were talking, but no more treats if you're going back to being rude."

Baylee shakes his head. "You said no desserts today ‘cause I went to the bathroom with Ashlynn," he reminds Brian.

Ashlynn's eyes well up with tears. She'd only stuck her tongue out because A.J. wouldn't stop giving her nasty looks.

Brian smiles. "Good boy," he says wrapping an arm around his eldest.

A.J. was still glowering.

Kevin throws the ice cream in the nearest waste basket and picks Ashlynn. up. "Alright, time to go home," he decides.

Ashlynn starts to cry. "No...I good! I good!" She whimpers after glancing over at A.J. - he was scaring her again. "He mean..." She whispers..."Scary...."

Kevin rubs her back. "He's upset with you because you've been very ornery this morning," he explains.

Ashlynn whimpers, eyeing her ice cream, which was now in the trash. "I sorry..."

Kevin nods. "I know. But you need to tell Daddy AJ that."

"He mean," Ashlynn states softly, catching A.J.'s glare again.

Kevin shakes his head as they arrive at the van. "No, Ashlynn, Daddy's make angry faces when they're upset with their little girls."

"Oh..." Ashlynn says, understanding a bit now. She notices they're at the van and starts to cry. "No! Daddy! No!"

Krissy runs over to AJ. "Daddy, look!" she exclaims with a grin. "Baylee give me taffy!"

A.J. smiles warmly at her. "That was very nice of him, Baby. You say thank-you?"

Kevin shakes his head. "There is going to be no more playing with Baylee until you learn to be polite and apologize to Daddy AJ."

Krissy nods.

Ashlynn starts to cry. She'd waited forever to play with Baylee, and already she had to go home. "Baylee!" She cries. "Wan' Baylee! Daddy!"

A.J. smiles and gives her head a kiss, still not sure what they were gonna do with Krissy.

Brian smiles and then looks over at the van where Ashlynn's cries are coming from.

A.J. tries hard to ignore Ashlynn.

Kevin puts Ashlynn in the van. "I'm not even going to talk about it with you crying like that, Ashlynn," he says. "You calm down and we'll see about when you can play with Baylee."

Ashlynn buries her face into Sammy, wanting desperately to play now. She sniffles. "I sorry," she whispers.

Sam sighs. "AJ, maybe it would be better for us to take Krissy home with us," she suggests softly. "Kevin might not even notice," she says a slight irritated with her cousin-in-law.

"Krissy will," A.J. sighs. "She's gotten clingy."

Sam nods. "Well how do *you* feel about having her stay with us for a few days?"

"I, personally, wouldn't mind," A.J. says. "I hate seeing her so upset, because of Ashlynn."

Ashlynn whimpers. "Please Daddy?"

Kevin shakes his head. "You have to calm down and tell me why you deserve it?"

Sam squats down to Krissy's level. "Krissy? How would you like to come have a whole bunch of sleepovers with Jamie?" she asks with a broad smile.

"I good!" Ashlynn insists. "Say sorry! Please?"

A.J. watches quietly.

Krissy wraps her arm around AJ's middle and bites her lip, thinking about it.

A.J. rubs her back softly.

Kevin shakes his head. "No, Ashlynn, you weren't. You were very naughty at home, you wouldn't sit still during church, and then you stuck your tongue out at Daddy AJ, that doesn't sound like being good to me."

Krissy nods slowly. "C'n Daddy come too?" she asks only referring to AJ.

Ashlynn gives an exasperated sigh. "I gonna good now! Please? Gonna say sorry!"

A.J. looks at Sam, as if to say, "See?"

Kevin looks at her skeptically. "You go apologize to Daddy right now. And you do not go off to play with Baylee until both of us say it's okay. Do you understand?"

Sam smiles at Krissy. "How about just you?" she counters. "I don't think your daddy will fit in Jamie's room."

Krissy smiles. "Kay," she agrees.

A.J. hides his sigh of relief.

Ashlynn nods quietly. "Kay." She gets out of the van and goes over to A.J., tugging on his sleeve slightly.

A.J. looks down annoyed. "What?"

"Sorry..." Ashlynn whispers, looking up at him.

"Fine. But you're still not playing with Baylee anymore today," A.J. says flatly. "Get back in the van."

Sam smiles. "Good! It will be fun. How about you and Jamie and Ben go play for a little longer then we'll go to McDonald's for lunch."

Ashlynn's eyes go a bit wide, and she suddenly looks completely lost and miserable all at once. She blinks back her tears, sick of being in trouble for crying.

Kevin catches up and looks at AJ. "Did she apologize?" he asks.

A.J. nods. "Yep." He eyes her again warily. "You heard what I said, Ashlynn."

Ashlynn looks from one Daddy to the next, then dejectedly heads back towards the van.

Kevin looks a tad confused. "Did you accept her apology?"

"Yes," A.J. says. "But I told her she's not to play with Baylee anymore today, and to get back in the van."

Ashlynn crawls back into the van and hides in the backseat to cry into Sammy.

Kevin nods. "Okay." He turns and spots Krissy playing with the twins. "Kristine, c'mon, kiddo!" he calls.

"Ah, Kev," A.J. began. "She's gonna go with Sam and Brian for a bit."

Kevin blinks. "What about school?" he asks.

Sam shakes her head. "I'll make sure she gets there. Don't worry," she says.

"Relax Kev," A.J. says. "It's not forever."

Krissy runs up and hugs AJ. "Bye Daddy," she says. "I'll make you a picture at school, kay?"

Ashlynn peeks out the window to watch Baylee. She apologized, and doesn't understand why it didn't make everything right again.

A.J. hugs her back. "Alright Princess. You be good."

Brian motions for Ben and Jamie to come over. "Time for lunch, guys!"

Krissy nods. "I will," she promises and then turns to hold Jamie's hand, ignoring Kevin.

"Kristine," A.J. says softly, but a bit stern. "Don't be rude."

Krissy looks up at him and then over to Kevin. "Bye, Daddy," she says with a wave. She didn't feel particularly loved by him and didn't feel like giving him a hug right now.

A.J. just sighs and shakes his head, knowing that's the best he was going to get.

Kevin looks at AJ, almost panicked.

Ashlynn's still watching Baylee, wishing she could say goodbye to him.

"Kev, she's mad at you. Chill," A.J. says. "Give her time to adjust."

Baylee turns and eyes the van and waves with a smile.

Kevin looks confused as the Littrells and his daughter head for their van. "Mad at me? Why?"

Ashlynn gives him a weak smile and a small wave.

"Ashlynn's not the only one adjusting, Kevin," A.J. replies. "She thinks you've forgotten her. Thinks our family is split in half now."

Kevin sighs and rubs his temples. "We should have wait till she was older," he says shaking his head. "And now we've got a serious problem because we can't take Ashlynn back, but I can't keep being 100% on her because then I can't spend time with Krissy," he says in frustration as they arrive at the van.

Ashlynn's crawled into the trunk part and is hiding back there, Sammy clutched to her chest.

"Well, she's going to be with Sam and them for a bit," A.J. points out.

Kevin gets into the driver's seat and looks in the back for Ashlynn. "Ashlynn, get up in a seat and put your seat belt on," he says in a tired tone.

Ashlynn scowls, angry once more, but climbs back over the seat, and plops down to buckle up.

A.J. gets in and stares out the window.

Kevin drives them home quietly. "What would you like for lunch, Ashlynn?" he asks when they're about a block from home.

Ashlynn just shakes her head no. She wasn't hungry anymore.

Kevin shakes his head in return. "You have to eat something, honey. Do you want a bolognese sandwich?" he offers.

Ashlynn scowls, gives a small huff, and slouches down in her seat.

A.J. shakes his head, but chooses to ignore her, or else he'll end up snapping.

Kevin looks in the rear-view mirror. "I thought we talked about being rude, Ashlynn," he warns. "Pouting is not polite.”

Ashlynn scowls even more, then unbuckles her seatbelt and slides down onto the floor with Sammy. She was in a foul mood, and wished they'd just let her be.

A.J. grits his teeth together, but keeps silent.

Kevin immediately pulls over. "Ashlynn Richardson, get back up on the seat and put your seatbelt on. Now."

Ashlynn crosses her arms and stays put on the floor. She was not amused. She hugged Sammy tighter.

Kevin looks at AJ. "So for something so dangerous, what would you recommend for Ashlynn's bottom when we get home?" he asks.

A.J. shoots him a dark look. "Leather paddle, belt, hand...all three..." He mutters.

Kevin looks pleadingly at AJ. Why couldn't the man be truly helpful?

A.J. gives Kevin an apologetic look. He was taking his frustration out on his husband.

"Paddle," A.J. answers finally.

Ashlynn's still pouting in the backseat on the floor.

Kevin nods. "Alright. Then while I'm giving Ashlynn a paddling, will you make some lunch?" he asks.

"Sure," A.J. nods. "I'll fix something up."

Kevin gets out and slides open the back door. "Ashlynn, you have till the count of three to get up before I spank you all the way home and Daddy AJ will drive."

Ashlynn looks at him in disbelief. Why couldn't they just let her be? Her frown deepens.

A.J. moves over to the driver's seat, having a feeling that's where he'll end up anyway.

"One..."

Ashlynn glares up at him, hugging Sammy tightly.

"Two…"

"Kev, she's just gonna wait until you start to say three, then move," A.J. pipes up. "Trust me on that one."

Ashlynn hugs Sammy tighter to her chest. She was waiting for the start of three.

Kevin shakes his head. "No, she's not. Because she's not psychic and she doesn't know that I'm going to say three right now," he says and looks at Ashlynn. "You can't play that game with me young lady," he tells her climbing in the back seat. He quickly takes her over his lap, flips her dress up and starts to spank firmly the bottom in front of him. "Let's head home, AJ," he says calmly as he spanks her.

A.J. pulls out and heads for home.

Ashlynn squeals disapproving the position she's now in. She hugs Sammy tighter, and kicks as she's spanked.

Kevin spanks her a bit harder the nearer they get to home. "Your attitude is going to change Ashlynn. You don't get what you want just because you cry and say you're sorry. You've lived with us long enough to know some of the rules. Now you could have avoided a spanking if you would have behaved yourself in the car, but you had to pout and be dangerous, didn't you? Well that means a good paddling with the leather paddle when we get home."

"NO!" Ashlynn shrieks, now trying to squirm away, but can't as there's not enough room to do so. "NO! DADDY! NO!"

A.J. pulls into their driveway, and into the garage. He parks the car and gets out to unlock the door and go in and make them some lunch.

Kevin stops the spanking long enough to carry Ashlynn into the house. "Hey, baby, can you grab Sammy for me?" he asks. Ashlynn is not allowed to keep the toy during punishments.

A.J. nods, and with some work, manages to pry Sammy out of Ashlynn's death grip.

Ashlynn screams as Sammy's taken from her, and starts to try and kick Kevin. "SAMMY!"

Kevin smiles at him and even leans in to kiss him.

A.J. gives him a quick kiss, yanking Sammy out of Ashlynn's reach.

"You'll get him back after your punishment," he tells her firmly before going back to their den/office.

Ashlynn kicks and struggles as best she can, wanting down. "NO! DADDY! NO!"

Once there, he goes over to an armoire and gets out a small leather paddle. It ends up feeling like a slipper, but Kevin thought this would be more sanitary.

Kevin shakes his head. "You were very rude today, Ashlynn," he reminds her and sits down in a straight-backed chair, the little girl lying over his lap.

He starts applying the paddle firmly on the roundest, underside of Ashlynn's bottom.

Ashlynn sobs, glad her panties were still up - though they weren't very much protection. She shrieks and kicks.

A.J. goes about making them some lunch, having had set Sammy atop the fridge.

Kevin has given Ashlynn about 30 sound slaps of the paddle when he hooks his fingers in her panties and pulls them down to her knees. "Are we going to have to talk about being rude again?" he asks paddling her some more, turning the bottom a bright red.

Ashlynn shrieks even louder, and wails loudly. "NOO! OW!" She tries to squirm, but can't - so, as always - she leans down to bite his leg - hard.

Kevin sighs. "Do you want to go for the belt, Ashlynn?" he asks. "If you come off my lap, you get the belt."

"NO!" Ashlynn screams louder. She hits his legs with her fists. "NO!"

A.J. finishes up lunch, and puts it away, so it won't ruin while he waits.

Kevin takes both of Ashlynn’s hands and pins them to her back while he paddles her bottom. "And what about the seatbelt?" he asks. "Is that ever coming off again?"

Ashlynn just bites him again, now very angry.

A.J. sits down to read the paper.

Kevin stands up and carries Ashlynn into the living room. "AJ? Baby, I need some help," he says.

A.J. gets up and goes to the living room. "With what Kev? What's goin' on?"

Ashlynn's still struggling and crying hard.

"She's decided to bite me again," he explains. "And I told her that meant the belt, but I need you to hold her while I take it off."

"Alright," A.J. nods, going to Kevin to take hold of Ashlynn. He takes Ashlynn from Kevin and holds onto her tightly, despite her struggling and ear-piercing screams.

Kevin quickly removes his belt and then takes Ashlynn back, laying her over the couch. He holds her there and then starts to bring the belt down on the red bottom. It's not too hard. Doesn't have to be on a well paddled bottom, but it's extra sting.

Ashlynn shrieks and kicks. She reaches back and covers her bottom.

A.J.'s eyes go wide. "Dumb move!"

He goes to grab them, only to have her swing at him with one - the other still over her bottom.

Kevin takes the other hand and hands it to AJ. "Thank you, baby," he says affectionately and then starts giving Ashlynn licks again.

A.J. holds her hands, giving Kevin a small smile.

Ashlynn screams and kicks for a bit more, but then finally lays limp over the side of the couch, whimpering as tears still stream down her small face.

Kevin delivers 5 more solid licks once Ashlynn's gone limp and then stops.

Ashlynn’s whimpering, and afraid to move - she's also very sore.

"Lunch is ready, when you are, Kev," A.J. tells him, still holding her hands.

Kevin nods. "Thanks. Go ahead and eat," he says picking up Ashlynn and rubbing her back. "Okay, baby. It's all over," he tells her softly.

A.J. nods and leaves the room.

Ashlynn tries to squirm away, not wanting to be touched by anyone anymore.

Kevin shakes his head. "Ashlynn, it's okay, sweetie," he says. "You're all forgiven now," he tells her. "Daddy and I aren't mad anymore. After you get a spanking it's all over so you can go play or snuggle or whatever and you are ALWAYS, ALWAYS, ALWAYS loved."

Ashlynn hides her face into his chest, and starts to cry even more. She didn't like spankings - not one bit. And to top it all off, her bottom throbbed like crazy.

Daddy rubs her bottom gently. "After lunch, I'll put some lotion on your rump to help it feel better," he says.

Ashlynn whimpers her response, hiding her face into him even more.

Kevin gently rubs her back and walks over to the rocking recliner. He sits in it like always and rocks her gently, rubbing her back and her bottom. "If you want Sammy, you can go in the kitchen and ask Daddy AJ nicely for it."

Ashlynn sniffles. She wanted Sammy, but she did not want to talk to her other Daddy at all.

Kevin gets a tissue and wipes her face. "Are you hungry?" he asks.

Ashlynn shakes her head, as she wipes at her eyes miserably. "No," she says flatly, though quietly.

Kevin nods. "Then why don't I take you upstairs for a nap," he suggests.

"No," Ashlynn says again in the same tone, scowling slightly.

A.J.'s puttering around in the kitchen.

Kevin nods. "Okay," he agrees and stands up. He turns and sets her gently in the recliner. "Well you can watch TV or play but I'm gonna starve if I don't eat," he says with a smile.

Ashlynn winces as her bottom hits the cloth-covered chair. She whimpers, her eyes quickly filling up with tears once more. She instinctively reaches up for him.

Kevin looks at her. "Pick you up again? But you're not hungry," he reminds her.

Ashlynn starts to cry again. She wanted to be cuddled some more.

Kevin picks her up and holds her. "Honey, it's okay," he tells her, rubbing her back and sitting back down.

Ashlynn clings tightly to him. She was scared, tired, and still cranky from before. She sets her thumb in her mouth, and buries her face into his chest.

A.J. enters the living room, and eyes the scene before him. "Everything all right?" He asks concerned.

Kevin nods. "Spanking just takes a lot of her."

A.J. nods to show his understanding. "All right," he says. "If anybody gets hungry, lunch is in the fridge. It's only turkey sandwiches." He pauses, as he watches Ashlynn momentarily. "I'll be down in the studio. Got some things to work on." He pauses again. "Sammy's atop the fridge, if you want him later."

Ashlynn refuses to look at him - she blamed him for the fact she'd had to come home early. She was also mad he hadn't let her go back to playing with Baylee.

Kevin smacks Ashlynn moderately hard. "Ashlynn, when someone speaks to you, it's polite to respond," he tells her firmly.

Ashlynn yelps, and starts to cry once more. She rubs at her naked bottom, trying to make the pain go away.

A.J. shakes his head, giving a small sigh. He wasn't sure she'd ever learn how to be good.

Kevin looks at Ashlynn expectantly. "I'm waiting, Ashlynn.

Ashlynn whimpers, and casts A.J. a slight glare, hoping Kevin doesn't see. She nods her head slightly as response, not really knowing what to say.

A.J. frowns, not appreciating her glare.

Kevin looks confused. "I'm missing something," he says.

"Yes, Kev, that you are," A.J. says dryly, giving Ashlynn a stern look. "Seems someone still hasn't learned a thing."

Ashlynn ignores his look and still gives him a cold glare.

Kevin sighs. "Well my arm and hand are sore," he says standing up.

"And I can't give her anymore licks without causing bruises," he continues as he sets Ashlynn down on the recliner again. "So unless you want to take her over your knee, I guess keeping Sammy locked up until she learns to behave is the only option we have."

"NO!" Ashlynn shrieks suddenly. She did not want to lose Sammy!

A.J. shakes his head. "Sammy's gonna hafta be it. It wouldn't be safe for me to spank her right now."

Kevin shakes his head. "You refuse to behave, Ashlynn," he reminds her. "We've already had to send Krissy away for awhile and I really can't be spending the whole day with you over my lap so you won't be able to have Sammy until you can behave. And you're going to have to show us how you can behave. No promises anymore. You always break your promise so you can't be trusted."

Ashlynn starts to cry more - not only was she losing Sammy, but she'd lost her sister as well - who was she going to play with now? "NO!" She screams, jumping up out of the chair. She'd get Sammy back - at least - she would!

"Lower your voice!" A.J. snaps slightly.

Kevin picks her up and holds her in an immobilization hold so she can't get away or hurt him as he holds her.

"Go on downstairs, AJ," he says quietly. "I'll eat when she finally exhausts herself."

A.J. nods. "Alright." He disappears and heads downstairs.

Just then the phone rings RING, RING

Ashlynn tries to struggle, and screams endlessly.

A.J. grabs the phone up. "Hello?"

"Hi, AJ. It's Sam," comes Samantha Littrell's voice.

"Hey Sam," A.J. says. "Everything all right?"

Ashlynn keeps trying to kick and squirm. "SAMMY!!!!"

Kevin shakes his head. "Not going to happen, Ashlynn," he tells her.

Sam hesitates. "Krissy's sort of disappeared," she says. "Brian's gone out looking for her and he called your Mom in case she might try to go to Gramma's, but I thought you should know."

Ashlynn stops screaming and struggling, as she's breathing hard now. She hiccups, as tears stream down her face. She suddenly tries to squirm one last time, as she screams out words every parent hates to hear. "HATE YOU!"

"WHAT!?!?!" A.J. exclaims. "Where did you see her last?"

Sam's obviously trying not to cry. "The four of them were playing hide and go seek and they looked and looked for her, before they realized she was gone and came to get B and I."

"Shit," A.J. cusses softly. "It's not your fault Sam."

Kevin takes a deep breath. That hurts. He loves her so much. But he knows it's her immediate emotion, not the long term feeling. "I'm sorry to hear that, but you're my baby and I'm not going to let you be a naughty girl forever."

Sam sniffles. "It's just upsetting because she seemed to be feeling better after lunch."

Ashlynn starts to sob then..."Daddy..." She whimpers. She was tired, but didn't want to sleep...And her bottom did still hurt.

"You sure she isn't asleep out in the yard or something?" A.J. asks, worry etched in his voice.

"No, AJ. The kids and Brian already combed it. Brian called Nick too so they can split up. I'm sure she couldn't have gone that far, but she'll be needing one of you, I'm sure. Especially since Brian doesn't know if he should be upset with her or not."

"I'll be there soon as I can," A.J. says. "And tell him to be upset if he thinks he'd be upset if it were Jamie."

"Daddy..." Ashlynn whimpers again. She's gone limp, now not struggling with him anymore.

Kevin waits for her to go limp and then rearranges her.

He holds her and rubs her back. "I'm right here, baby," he says softly. "Just take it easy."

"Okay, AJ," Sam replies. "We'll see you soon."

Ashlynn buries her face into his neck, tears still streaming down her small face. She was exhausted from having had been spanked, but still grouchy and trying to fight it.

"Yes, soon," A.J. agrees.