- Text Size +
A.N.: Hope y'all are liking this fic! If y'all think the rating should be higher than PG, please let me know. Thanks! Disclaimer: Only own Ashlynn. Shelley owns Krissy. Kevin & AJ own themselves. Warning: Possibly Language.

Ashlynn starts to wail, clinging to Sammy. She runs to her door and tries to open it, but finding it locked shut, she starts to bang on it.

Krissy nods. She understands but she's so overwhelmed and she can't stop from crying.

AJ rubs her back. "Shh. Don't cry, Baby Doll. Shh." He hugs her closer to him.

Ashlynn soon throws a fit, grabbing things and throwing them about the room - lamps and all. She's hysterical, not wanting to be locked up and spanked every three hours. And most importantly, she wanted to see her sister.

Kevin looks at AJ helplessly. "I think we should call your Mom and have her come get Krissy," he says.

AJ nods. "Think it's going to be a while, before she can play with her new sister."

Krissy looks up and shakes her head violently. "Noooo!" she wails. "I don't wanna leave!" She holds onto AJ tighter as she sobs into his shirt.

AJ sighs and hugs her closer. "Shh. Honey, we love you too. But, Ashlynn's just going to upset you if you stay."

"You like her more," Krissy says thinking that's why *she* has to go to Gramma's and not Ashlynn.

Ashlynn starts banging on the door again, once everything possible has been thrown and smashed. She cries out in pain, when she cuts her feet on pieces of the broken lamps.

"No, Baby. We love you just as much," AJ says softly. "We just don't want Ashlynn to hurt you. We want you to be safe."

"DADDY!" Ashlynn wails, as her feet start to bleed.

AJ raises his eyebrows up at Kevin.

Kevin sighs, but goes back to Ashlynn's room and opens the door.

"What's wrong?" he asks her taking every ounce of energy left in him to not seem irritated.

Ashlynn lifts her one foot up slightly, so that he can see the blood underneath it.

He sees the blood and immediately runs over to her, dodging the mess on the floor.

He picks her up and sets her on the bed, looking at her feet. "AJ! I need the first aid kit!" he calls.

AJ sets Krissy down. "Stay here. Daddy'll be right back. Promise." He kisses her head, then fetches Kevin the First Aid Kit.

Ashlynn cries, as both her feet hurt and have glass in them.

Krissy crawls into bed and pulls the covers over her

Kevin shakes his head. "I don't know..." He says quietly to himself. If they took her to the ER, they'd probably get arrested for child endangerment. On the other hand, he's not sure that he can patch this up without a professional's help.

Ashlynn just keeps on crying.

"What do you think?" he asks his husband as he uses gauze to soak up the blood and blow the loose bits of glass off Ashlynn's feet.

AJ bites his lip. "I think we might have to," he says softly. "And I'm sure she can explain she broke the lamps herself."

Kevin nods. "Alright. Can we call your mom or is Krissy going to freak out if we do that?" he asks grabbing the teddy next to Ashlynn and handing him to her.

Kevin felt bad. He hadn't said more than two sentences to Krissy all day.

"She'll freak," AJ answers. "I'll just get her and bring her with us." He leaves the room to go and get Krissy. He enters her room and scoops her up out of bed, making sure to grab a Care Bear for her. "C'mon Baby. We have to take sissy somewhere."

Krissy just holds on. She isn't sobbing anymore but she's scared and confused and tired.

AJ holds Krissy tightly, and heads downstairs to get the car ready to go.

Kevin looks up at Ashlynn. "Ashlynn, we have go to the emergency room to get a doctor that can take care of your feet," he says seriously. "I promise not to leave you for a second, but I really need you to not fight me right now. Okay?"

Ashlynn instinctively reaches for him, wanting comfort as she cries.

Kevin takes that as a yes and picks her up, holding her tight. "It's okay, baby. Daddy's right here," he says and hurries downstairs. He puts her in the car, seated in the middle so her feet can stick out towards the door and not touch anything. "Don't put them on anything, okay? It'll make the glass go in deeper and it will hurt."

Ashlynn nods through tears and clings to Sammy tightly. Her bottom hurts more now that she's sitting, but nowhere near as much as her feet.

Krissy looks at Ashlynn, still very afraid, but she doesn't like to see people hurt. "You got an owie?" she asks.

Ashlynn nods slightly.

Kevin gets in the driver's seat and peels out going as fast as he dares.

AJ's glad they're all buckled in, as he knows Kevin's going to drive like crazy.

Krissy looks at her sister again. "Wan' me to kiss it?" she asks quietly.

Ashlynn shakes her head no slightly, but gives Krissy a small hug the best she can.

Krissy smiles back a little. "Gramma make you cookies if you got a big owie," she tells Ashlynn.

"I like cookies," Ashlynn sniffles.

Kevin makes all of his stops rolling and gets there much faster than if he'd been legal.

"AJ, park the car," he says simply stopping at the curb.

He hops out, opens Ashlynn's door and lifts her out.

AJ nods. "Can do," he says and gets in the driver's seat.

Ashlynn clings tightly to Kevin and Sammy. Tears still stream down her small scared face.

Krissy waves at Daddy and Ashlynn as they go inside. "Are they gonna give Ashlynn a shot?" she asks.

"I don't know, Honey," AJ says as he finds a parking spot. "But if they do, Daddy will keep her safe."

Krissy nods, agreeing with Daddy.

Kevin takes Ashlynn into the triage nurse who takes them back immediately.

AJ parks the car, and gets out, making sure he got Krissy out too. He then goes inside and sits in a nearby waiting room, and picks up a kiddie book to read to her.

Ashlynn clings even tighter to Kevin, hating Hospitals.

The nurse smiles. "What's happened here?" she asks as she starts to clean the wounds on Ashlynn's feet.

Ashlynn whimpers, trying to draw her feet back.

Another nurse approaches AJ. "You're with Kevin Richardson and the little girl he brought in?" she asks making the assumption since it *is* AJ McLean. That would be a HUGE coincidence.

AJ nods. "Yes. Why?"

Kevin holds Ashlynn. "Honey, let her wash them," he says. "It'll make them feel better."

The nurse hands him a clipboard. "Paperwork," she answers and smiles at Krissy.

Ashlynn cries, hiding her face into Sammy.

"Oh. Right," AJ says, giving a small laugh. He takes the clipboard. "Here. Help me out Krissy."

Krissy nods and looks all serious as Daddy does the paperwork.

AJ kisses her head, and fills out the forms the best he can.

Kevin holds Ashlynn, feeling horrible. "She broke a lamp and stepped on the remnants of the light bulb and glass part," he explains.

Ashlynn starts to squirm again - whatever the nurse was doing hurt.

The nurse did as much as she could. "Would you like something for the pain?" she asks Ashlynn.

Ashlynn looks scared - she wanted something, but not if it was in the form of a needle. She looks up at Kevin trough tears.

Kevin kisses her forehead. "It's okay, honey. I'm right here. Is there a way to help the pain without a needle?" he asks the nurse anticipating Ashlynn's fear.

The nurse smiled and nodded. "Sure," she says and quickly produces two tylenol.

"Here's some water," she says giving it to Ashlynn.

Ashlynn gives a small sigh of relief, and takes the water to swallow the tylenol.

AJ bounces Krissy on his knee again, once he's done filling out all the paperwork. "Want that story now, Baby?"

Krissy nods. "Yes pease," she replies.

AJ kisses her head, and picks the book back up. "Alright." He holds her close and starts to read it to her.

Krissy leans back and listens attentively.

AJ kisses her head, and keeps reading.

Kevin stays with Ashlynn after the nurse leaves. "Are you ready to talk?" he asks.

Ashlynn shakes her head, hoping she won't need stitches.

Kevin sighs. "I wish you would," he answers. "I really want to get to know you. I know Krissy wants to get to know you."

Ashlynn sniffles, her feet still sore. She lifts one foot up to look at it, and winces upon seeing it.

She tries to move to get up, ignoring the pain in her feet and bottom, wanting to go home now.

Kevin picks her up and sits her back down.

Ashlynn squirms more now.

"Stop that," he says sternly. "You're going to have those feet looked at and that's the end of it."

Ashlynn starts to cry again - she wished she had've just left the glass things where they were and not thrown them at all.

AJ finishes the book, and picks up another one. "This one look good?"

Krissy nods and yawns wide.

A woman in the waiting room smiles at them. "Excuse me, but are you AJ McLean?" she asks.

AJ cuddles her closer, and rests his head next to hers as he reads.

"Yes," AJ answers. "May I help you?"

Kevin wipes Ashlynn's tears with a kleenex. "Why do you hate me so much anyway?" he asks her.

Ashlynn hides her face into him. She didn't hate him, she was just scared and confused.

Kevin sighs and holds her, rubbing her back. "When we get home, would you like to play with Krissy?" he asks.

Ashlynn nods slightly. She liked Krissy - even if she didn't want to talk to anyone.

"May I help you?" AJ repeats.

The woman smiles. "I just wasn't sure. I didn't know you had children," she puts in.

"Yes. I do," AJ answers. "And may I ask who you may be?"

Kevin smiles. "Okay so here's the deal. If you go back to the store with me tomorrow and return the toys, I'll let you play with Krissy tonight," he says. "I understand you wanted to give her toys and that was SO nice of you, but you didn't have to steal them. I would have let you buy them and give them to her yourself."

Ashlynn sniffles slightly, as she gives him a small nod.

The woman shakes her head. "Just a... a fan," she says, though not very convincingly. "Ever since you all went into more production than performance, people have lost track of you somewhat."

Kevin smiles and hugs her tight. "I know you're scared. Is there anything I can do to help?" he asks. "I want to help."

AJ raises his eyebrows at her, giving her a skeptical look. "Mm hmm. Guess our CIA fans have lost their touch," he says. "And besides, if my fans came after my girls, I'd be the least bit happy."

Ashlynn tries to rise again, signifying that's what she wants - to go home.

The woman laughs. "Oh I'm sure no one would ever hurt your children," she says.

Kevin shakes his head. "The doctor's coming. I promise."

"That's very good to know," AJ says, hugging Krissy tighter.

Ashlynn keeps squirming.

The doctor walks in and smiles at them. "Hi, Ashlynn," he says looking at the chart. "I'm Dr. Mann. I see you stepped on some glass," he says.

The woman just smiles and gets up, moving away.

Krissy looks at Daddy with confusion. "She was weird," she says.

"Yes, she was," AJ agrees with Krissy.

Ashlynn pushes herself back up against Kevin, fearing Doctors.

Kevin holds her and rubs her back. "Ashlynn's been in and out of foster homes," he explains to Dr. Mann. "We adopted her just this morning so it's still sort of rocky."

Ashlynn keeps trying to push back into Kevin, wanting to escape.

Dr. Mann nods. "Ashlynn, I don't have a needle on me so I promise I won't stick you right now. Can I just look at your feet?" he asks.

Ashlynn calms some then, and nods slightly, hiding her face into Sammy again.

Dr. Mann smiles. "Thank you," he says and very carefully examines Ashlynn's feet.

Ashlynn whimpers slightly.

The doctor nods. "Mmm-hmmm."

Ashlynn squirms then.

"Will you drink some medicine for me, Ashlynn?" he asks. "It'll make you sleepy so I can take the glass out and that way it won't hurt."

Ashlynn looks up at Kevin, still skeptical of all this.

Kevin smiles at her. "It'll be okay, baby. And they can make syrups taste like anything these days," he tells her. "What's your favorite fruit?"

Ashlynn leans up to whisper in his ear. "Banana."

Krissy picks the book up again and starts telling Daddy her version of the story, based on the pictures.

Kevin nods and smiles at her. "OH yeah. You *must* be my kid. I like those too."

He turns to Dr. Mann. "Can we get it banana flavored?" he asks.

Dr. Mann nods.

"Not a problem," he says.

AJ smiles and listens carefully.

Kevin smiles and rubs Ashlynn's back. "Her other dad and sister are in the waiting room. Can they come back now?" he asks.

Ashlynn looks at the doctor hopefully.

Dr. Mann smiles and nods. "I'll go out and get them," he says.

Dr. Mann disappears and enters the waiting room.

AJ looks up, spotting the doctor.

He looks around and spots AJ and Krissy. He approaches them. "You've been asked for," he says with a smile.

"Alright. Thank-you," AJ nods, getting up and setting the book Krissy has down. "C'mon Baby Girl. Sissy wants us."

Then he gets a little more serious. "I want to let you know, I'm going to take out the glass and then stitch her up. But I’m going to put her to sleep first so she shouldn't feel the needle."

AJ nods. "All right. Thanks."

Ashlynn looks at Kevin, her eyes showing her fear clearly.

Krissy smiles. "Let's go, Daddy!" she says pointing towards the door all the nurses keep going through.

Kevin looks at Ashlynn sympathetically. "It'll be okay, sweetie," he promises. "And Krissy's coming right now."

AJ chuckles and kisses her cheek, as he follows the Doctor.

Ashlynn hides her face into him again, starting to cry once more.

The doctor leads them to the exam room and then leaves them to go order the medicine.

Kevin just holds her and starts to sing.

AJ enters and sits down in the chair next to Kevin. He reaches over and rubs Ashlynn's leg lightly.

Ashlynn sniffles.

Krissy looks up at Ashlynn and smiles. "Did they give you a shot?" she asks

Kevin reaches down and squeezes AJ's hand. They'd avoided major medical problems after Krissy's first year. That had been traumatic, but since then, she'd barely had a cold. So this made him a little tense.

AJ squeezes Kevin's hand back, and gives him a warm smile. "She'll be fine," he whispers.

Ashlynn shakes her head no.

Krissy smiles. "Yay!" she exclaims.

A nurse comes in with a cup of syrup. "Here you go, Ashlynn," she says pleasantly. "You're going to feel sleepy so go ahead and fall asleep if you want."

Ashlynn quietly drinks it, wishing she could go home already. She hands the cup back to the Nurse and once more snuggles into Kevin quietly. She's asleep a few moments later.

AJ bounces Krissy on his knees again.

Krissy turns to Daddy Kevin. "Guess what?!"

Kevin chuckles. "What?" he asks.

Krissy grins. "We saw a weird lady outside," she reports.

AJ laughs. "Yes, that we did."

Kevin looks at AJ with some confusion. "A weird lady?" he asks.

"She asked if I was who I am, then said she didn't know I had kids," AJ shrugs. "I made it perfectly clear that no one better hurt my lil' girls."

Ashlynn shifts slightly in her unconscious state, still hugging Sammy tight.

Kevin looks disturbed about this but doesn't have time to comment as Dr. Mann walks in. This time he has a needle.

AJ covers Krissy's eyes, so she won't have to watch.

Dr. Mann smiles. "Okay, so I'm going to take out the glass and then stitch her feet up. She'll have bandages and I recommend staying off her feet for a day or so, but the stitches will dissolve and she'll be fine in no time."

AJ nods, to show that he's listening. "She can still bathe, but no swimming, right?"

Dr. Mann nods. "Right," he agrees. "Just for about a week."

"Alright. Just making sure," AJ says.

Krissy watches the needle nervously. "Don't hurt her, kay?" she says.

Dr. Mann smiles at the younger child. "She's in dreamland. She can't feel a thing. I promise."

AJ hugs Krissy closer. "See? She's fine, Baby Doll."

Ashlynn remains asleep.

Dr. Mann is finished very quickly. "All done," he says. "She should be awake in about 15 minutes. I love these new sedatives they have," he says shaking his head. "So much better than even 5 years ago. Well, as soon as she's awake, you all are free to go home."

"Alright. Thanks," AJ says, smiling at the doctor. "Keep them clean, right?"

Dr. Mann nods. "Oh yeah. We don't want an infection," he says. "Do you have a pediatrician?" he asks.

Kevin nods.

Dr. Mann nods. "Okay, check with them if it gets worse."

"Will do," AJ nods, as Ashlynn starts to wake up some.

"Mm..." Ashlynn whines softly.

Kevin hugs her and smoothes her hair back. "Hey, Angel," he says. "Good nap?" he asks.

Ashlynn scowls slightly - she didn't want to be here any longer.

Krissy frowns. "What wrong?" she asks. "You're all better!"

Kevin helps Ashlynn sit up. "Ready to go home?" he asks.

Ashlynn reaches up and wraps her arms about his neck, still managing to hold onto her Teddy.

"Think she just wants to leave, honey," AJ whispers to Krissy.

Krissy hops off Daddy's lap. "Okay," she agrees and heads for the door.

Kevin laughs and picks up Ashlynn. "Wait for us, goober.

"Kristine," AJ says. "Get back here."

Ashlynn snuggles into Kevin.

Kristine goes back to Daddy, her hands over her bottom just in case.

AJ takes hold of her hand. "Your bottom's safe still - for now."

Ashlynn sniffles.

Krissy lets out a sigh of relief as Kevin leads them out.

He takes the receipt from the nurse at the desk and then they walk through the doors into the evening. "Where'd you park?" he asks AJ

AJ makes sure to hold Krissy's hand as they leave the Hospital. "Over here," he says, leading Kevin to the car.

He unlocks the car and puts Krissy in her car seat. He then climbs into the driver's seat. "I'll drive, Kev."

Kevin smiles appreciatively and puts Ashlynn in the backseat.

Ashlynn stays quiet, never once letting go of Sammy.

He buckles her up and then gets in next to AJ. "Wanna run through Carl's Jr." He asks.

"Sure," AJ nods.