- Text Size +
A.N.: Well, here's the last chapter for today. Lol. Disclaimer: Only own Ashlynn. Shelley owns Krissy. Kevin & AJ own themselves. Warning: Possibly Language.
Kevin turns back to Ashlynn. "Ashlynn... honey... have you seen grown-ups do what you were making the Barbies do?" he asks in his most gentle and concerned voice ever.

Ashlynn nods slightly, hanging her head.

She had supposed to be asleep when that had happened - though she had not understood it at all.

Kevin immediately wraps her in a great big hug.

"Its kind of weird isn't it?" he asks her rocking her.

Ashlynn nods softly, hugging him tightly.

AJ returns with her jammies then. "Need me to run a bath or anything?"

"Did it scare you?" he asks her.

Ashlynn nods still, her eyes welling up with more tears.

Kevin looks up and gives the hang on a second sign. It was the same sign they'd used on tour when they weren't quite ready to go out on stage.

AJ nods and disappears back into the bedroom.

Ashlynn buries her face into him.

Kevin holds her. "Daddy won't let that scare you again," he says. "I promise."

Ashlynn sniffles as she nods slightly.

Kevin smiles and tickles her a little. "You ticklish?" he asks.

Ashlynn squirms slightly, trying hard not to smile.

AJ wonders what they're doing in there.

Kevin grins. "Oh she is!" He exclaims. "Hey AJ! Our baby girl here is ticklish!"

AJ laughs and comes to stand in the doorway again. "Is she?"

Ashlynn keeps squirming, but soon ends up giving a small giggle.

Kevin nods. "Oh yeah," he says and demonstrates.

"Ha! See?"

AJ smiles. "That's always good to know."

Ashlynn giggles again.

Kevin smiles and stops and then looks Ashlynn in the face. "Okay, cutie. Tell Daddy why you don't want a bath," he says. "You won't get in trouble. I promise."

Ashlynn shakes her head - she was scared and didn't want to admit that for the world - among a few other things.

AJ just watches and listens curious as to what her answer will be.

Kevin tries to look sad. "Please, sweetie?" he asks. "I promise I won't get mad. But your feet are going to get infected if we don't keep you clean," he says. "And then they might have to use a needle."

Ashlynn's eyes well up with tears as she shudders.

Kevin knows he's not sure which fear is stronger, but he hopes it’s the one of needles.

Kevin holds her tight. "Sweetie, come on. Talk to Daddy. I can make it better. I promise. That's why they made me a daddy."

"Isn't that right, AJ?" he asks hoping for some back up.

Ashlynn hides her face into his chest.

AJ agrees. "Right. They made us Daddies, because we know how to make things better."

"Don't like water," Ashlynn chokes out quietly, head still hidden in his shirt.

Kevin looks at AJ with an expression of triumph. It had been a long day, but they were definitely making progress.

"You don't like water?" he repeats. "Why not, baby?" he asks. "Who hurt you with water?"

AJ smiles back at Kevin, glad they'd finally gotten somewhere.

Ashlynn starts to cry again. People had tried to drown her numerous times in the tub, whether it be bath water or shower water. They'd do it as a punishment, thus making her terrified of all water.

"Can't breathe in it..." She whimpers.

AJ looks at Kevin shocked, not knowing how someone could do that to a mere child.

Kevin hugs her tight again giving AJ the look in response. There would definitely be some stress released tonight. They both would need it.

Kevin gets down at eye level with Ashlynn. "You're right, Ashlynn, it's hard to breath underwater," he says. "So what if I promise you I won't make you go underwater?" he asks.

AJ moves in to rub her back. "We both promise."

Ashlynn still looks scared.

"Do you trust your Daddies?" he asks. "We haven't broken any promises so far, have we?"

Ashlynn shakes her head, indicating they hadn't broken any promises. She hugs Kevin tighter. "Can Sammy watch?"

"Sure!" AJ says. "I can hold him for you, if you'd like. So he doesn't get wet and all."

Kevin nods. "Of course," he agrees, echoing AJ. "Daddy over there is very good at watching stuffies."

"Mm...kay," Ashlynn says softly, never letting go of Kevin.

AJ leaves for a moment, and returns holding Sammy. "See? He's all ready to watch."

Kevin smiles and keeps holding onto her. "AJ, could you start the bath?" he asks. "I'll get our baby Ashlynn undressed."

AJ nods. "Alright." He moves over to the tub, and starts running the water, putting some bubbles in, but not too many."

Kevin only moves away from Ashlynn long enough to pull her t-shirt up over her head.

Ashlynn squirms slightly, her pants starting to bother her bottom.

"Water's ready," AJ says a few moments later.

Kevin very gently and deliberately starts to take Ashlynn's jeans down for the second time that day. "Thanks, Daddy," he says seeing that Ashlynn seems to respond well to being babied.

"Welcome, Daddy," AJ grins. He sits upon the toilet, once he's closed the lid, and sits Sammy on his lap. "We're ready too."

Ashlynn gives him a small smile and clings to Kevin again.

Once Kevin's got her jeans and panties off, he gently lifts her up and sets her in the tub. "There you go," he says kneeling next to it on the outside.

Ashlynn sits there quietly, now rigid. She was frightened, but was afraid of being in trouble for wanting out right after getting in.

AJ places a few boats and ducks into the bath. "There, now you're all set," he smiles.

Ashlynn quietly reaches for a boat and makes it crash into another one.

Kevin smiles. "There," he says. "See? You can play in the tub."

Ashlynn gives him a tiny smile, as she continues to play quietly.

He takes a brief moment and kisses AJ tenderly -- very rated G -- and then turns attention back to Ashlynn.

AJ smiles happy to have gotten a kiss, then watches her again and wonders how they're going to be able to wash her hair.

Ashlynn hums one of their songs softly.

Kevin smiles. "Hey, Ashlynn," he says. "Do you know who sings that?" he asks.

Ashlynn shakes her head - she didn't have a clue.

He generally didn't like to highlight his entertainment history, but he thought it might be exciting for her, so what the heck?

Kevin points to himself and AJ. "That's us," he says. "We're Backstreet Boys."

"Have you ever heard of them?" he asks knowing she might be too young.

Ashlynn looks up at him curiously. She didn't know if to believe him or not. She nods - she had heard of them - she'd heard them once and thought they were cute.

Kevin jabs AJ. "Go get the photo album," he says.

AJ gets up and gets in, returning shortly. "Here we go. Backstreet Boys."

Ashlynn watches them curiously.

Kevin turns to a page of them from their last tour.

Ashlynn's eyes are wide. Her Daddies were the guys she'd thought cute? She spots Brian and blushes, remembering her crush on him.

Kevin notices her blush. "What?" he asks with a grin.

Ashlynn shyly points to Brian, turning a shade redder.

AJ chuckles. "Think someone's got a crush."

Kevin chuckles too. "That's okay, lots of people like him," he says tousling her hair a little. "Would you like to meet all of 'em?" he asks.

Ashlynn's eyes light up as she looks from him to AJ and back to him again.

"I'll take that as a yes," AJ chuckles.

Kevin smiles. "Okay. If you work really hard at being good, talking to us about when you're upset and not cussing, we'll have everyone over for a BBQ next weekend," he says.

Ashlynn's eyes light up even more, and she reaches up to hug him.

AJ smiles as he watches her - he was glad they were starting to make some more progress.

He checks his watch. "It's gettin' late, Kev."

Kevin hugs her and then nods to AJ. "Okay," he agrees.

Ashlynn goes back to her boats.

He lathers up a loofa and hands it to her. "Do you want to do it or do you want me to?" he asks her.

Ashlynn smiles softly at him, then goes back to playing still.

AJ disappears for a moment with Sammy, getting something for the bear.

Kevin nods and starts to wash her head to toe.

Ashlynn goes back to happily humming her song softly. She's happier now than she was before.

Kevin smiles. "Okay, cutie. We need to wash your hair. So I’m going to put the shampoo in and then rinse it out very carefully. I will try very hard not to get it in your eyes. Okay?

Ashlynn nods slightly, tensing a lil' bit.

Daddy nods and starts putting the shampoo in her hair. "Lean your head back a little," he says.

Ashlynn does as told, though still a bit scared.

She braves through it though.

AJ's still rummaging around out in the bedroom.

Daddy smiles. "Good girl, Ashlynn," he says. "You're doing awesome," he tells her.

Ashlynn gives a teeny smile.

He gets down the showerhead and turns it on.

"Okay, sweetie, I'm going to put one hand up here to make sure it doesn't get in your eyes," he says and starts rinsing the soap out going backwards.

Ashlynn's eyes start to tear up some, as she tries to still be brave.

Daddy does it as fast as possible. "You're doing great. Almost done."

Ashlynn keeps her eyes squished shut.

AJ finds what he's looking for and takes care of Sammy.

Soon, Daddy's all done and turns off the showerhead. "Okay, all done," he tells Ashlynn. "You were so brave!"

"AJ? What're you doing? She was so great!" he shouts out to the bedroom.

Ashlynn blinks back her unshed tears, and reaches up for him.

"That's great!" AJ calls from the next room. "Just gimme a second. Gotta surprise."

Kevin smiles and lifts her out of the tub. He ends up getting soaked, but oh well. "Did you hear that?" he asks. "Daddy's got a surprise!" he says grabbing a towel and wrapping it around her.

Ashlynn gives him a soft smile - she wondered what it could be.

"Dressed yet? Gotta be dressed!" AJ calls out.

Daddy quickly dries her off and gets her in pjs. "Okay, Daddy, we're ready!" he says.

AJ walks in then, and produces Sammy from behind his back - the Bear is now wearing his own pair of pajamas that match Ashlynn's perfectly.

Ashlynn's whole face lights up as she reaches for Sammy.

Kevin's mouth drops. "How cool!" He exclaims. "How do you like that, Ashlynn?"

Ashlynn hugs Sammy tight, then reaches up to give AJ a hug.

AJ hugs her back, and kisses her head. "There. Now you're just about set for bed."

Kevin nods. "Yep! Let's go get you tucked in," he says carrying her to her own room.

AJ follows along, whistling a lil' tune.

Ashlynn clings to Kevin and Sammy.

Kevin puts her gently on her bed and tickles her some more.

Ashlynn giggles as she squirms slightly.

AJ smiles and pretends to tickle Sammy.

Kevin smiles and kisses her all over too.

AJ makes sure to take his turn as well.

"Okay, cutie," he says calming down. "Do you need anything else?"

Ashlynn reaches up for him. She wanted him to stay - she didn't like the dark, nor new rooms very much.

Kevin smiles. "Want me to lay with you awhile?" he asks sitting down next to her.

Ashlynn nods, hugging him tightly. She glances at AJ, feeling for bad for leaving him out, but really only wanting Kevin.

Kevin lies down on Ashlynn's bed and lets her back up into him. He wraps his arms around her and starts to sing very softly.

Ashlynn sniffles, but closes her eyes and soon falls asleep with Sammy in her arms.

AJ smiles, as he'd stayed to watch. Once she's asleep, he decides to ask his other half something. "Hey, Kev? We still going to Church in the morning?"

Kevin takes a deep breath. "I don't know if we should take Ashlynn just yet. It's not about being embarrassed; I'm just worried about her bothering others."

Kevin continues to look thoughtful. "Not to mention Krissy was up pretty late. She'd never sit through the service."

"I know what you mean, but she will have to go eventually," AJ points out. "And she might still react the same anyway. And Krissy, we could always let her sit in my lap and doze, or just drop her off at my mom's."

Kevin nods. "Okay. We'll go. I'll take Ashlynn out if I have to."

AJ nods. "Alright." He thinks a moment. "Do we let Sammy come with us?"

Ashlynn's thumb finds its way to her mouth and stays in once there. She snuggles closer to Kevin.

Kevin holds her and caresses the back of her head. "Sure," he agrees. "You saw what Ashlynn picked out at the mall. Does she have anything appropriate for church?" he asks.

AJ chuckles. "I made sure to get something that would be appropriate. I even got something for Sammy - actually, I think Sammy got as much clothes as she did. She just doesn't know it yet."

Kevin shakes his head. "You spoil children rotten, Alexander James, " he says carefully getting up from his position.

AJ smiles. "But that's part of why you love me." He makes sure Ashlynn and Sammy are both tucked in good, so that they won't get cold.

Kevin just shakes his head. He takes a minute to check on Krissy. He hadn't seen her all day so he kisses her and pulls the blankets back up. She always kicked them off.

AJ just heads to their room and gets ready for bed.

Kevin comes in and immediately starts to feel how tired he is. "Man, this was a long day," he says stretching while he gets undressed. "And we still have to return those toys tomorrow."

"After Church," AJ says, flopping down on the bed. "Man, I'm exhausted."

Kevin joins him and rolls over, moving in for a kiss.

AJ gives him a kiss goodnight, then falls asleep cuddled in his arms.