- Text Size +
Chapter Seven.




All five Backstreet Boys sat in silence as they waited for the mini bus to arrive and take them to see someone that JIVE had gotten in touch with, some dude from this company called Zomba. Kevin sat facing the doors twiddling his thumbs, AJ was looking around at the women walking by like a horny 16 yr old boy does, Howie kept looking from Nick to Brian and then at the clerk who seemed to keep looking at Nick. Brian kept his gaze on the floor again and Nick wasn’t aware of anything or anyone except Tristen because he could see him out of the corner of his eye. Nick decided that it would only be polite to go and say ‘hi’ so he stood abruptly and walked over to the reception desk.

“Yo Nick? Where ya goin’?” Kevin called after him Nick turned slightly to look back at him.

“To see a friend of mine, call me when the bus gets here and don’t go forgetting me this time!” he said harshly and began his walk to Tristen once more. The rest of the boys, including Brian who was no longer looking at the floor, stared after Nick in shock. He was pissed off?

“Hello there young Nick, and how are you today?” he asked as Nick approached the desk and leant against it.

“I’m very well Tristen, how are you?” he asked as Tristen straightened some cards and placed them by the phone. He looked at Nick and grinned,

“I am very god thank you. I’m happy as well!” he said with a huge smile plastering itself across his face, his blonde spikes shaking slightly and blue eyes sparkling as he giggled. Nick grinned,

“Would you like to tell me why? Or is it too personal?” Nick asked and Tristen shook his head and lent forward on the desk, motioning for Nick to do so as well.

“No, it’s ok. I’ve been busting to tell someone anyway, so, I am engaged!” he almost squealed with excitement and Nick started to giggle like a little girl.

“Wow! You lucky devil! When? Who?” he asked and Tristen looked proud, although he knew Nick might react differently to anyone else who knew Tristen but he was still going to tell him.

“My partner of course.” Nick sighed and rolled his eyes. He looked intently at the man in front of him and noticed for the first time that Tristen was very…child-like. He looked feminine and very soft. Nick wouldn’t be at all shocked if he said that it was a guy he was engaged to, in fact he thought is was kinda sweet. The fact that they would marry into a world that thought it was wrong and not give a shit about what others thought.

“Well duh!” Nick smiled and raised his eyebrow as if to say ‘go on, I won’t be shocked’. Tristen smiled again and took in a deep breath not knowing how this 14 yr old was going to react but hey, he had to tell him!

“Well, it’s a guy. And his name is…Kayle. He’s is the most adorable guy ever Nick, he is sweet, loving and he doesn’t care what anyone else thinks about us, like I don’t either.” Nick smiled and placed his hand on Tristen's and smiled.

“I’m glad you found your love. Have you set a date yet?” Nick felt as if he was a somebody now, he was having a conversation for real this time, no interruptions or anything and the guy was gay as well and he didn’t feel awkward or sick at the thought.

“No, not yet but when we do, I’m gonna come looking for you and drag you along! Ok?” Nick almost passed out! He had a real friend now! He wanted him at his wedding for god sakes! Nick nodded and Tristen smiled at him.

“NICK! THE BUS IS HERE!” Kevin’s voice bellowed over the early morning rush in the hotel and Nick turned to look at him and nodded, he turned back to his friend behind the desk and smiled.

“I have to go now dude, see you later? If that’s ok?” Tristen thought for a second, almost jumped over the desk and hugged Nick quickly and went back to how he was stood before. Nick grinned and brushed the mop of blonde hair out of his eyes,

“That’s fine by me Nick. Kayle may be here later as well, I’ll be sure to get you two to meet and talk. Go on now before you end up being left here again. Have fun!” Tristen said as Nick began to run to the door and waved at him. Both smiling at each other before Brian grabbed Nick and dragged him out into the street playfully. Nick loaded himself into the back of the bus with Brian, AJ sat ahead of him and Howie on the opposite side of AJ with Kevin in the front with the driver talking about god-knows-what. Nick smiled and looked out of the window as the bus pulled away towards their destination.

Nick was happy for once in his life, he had new friend and was gonna be meeting someone else soon. His life was being pulled together as someone else’s was being torn apart…seeing the guy he had feelings for laugh with someone he didn’t know and touch his hands and talk like he had known him forever, Brian was dieing. He was being forgotten…now he knew how Nick felt, the only one you love ignoring you and pushing you aside. ‘Even more worse than death’, Brian thought.