- Text Size +
A Not so Ordinary World

I’ve never written a story before but thought I’d give it a go after reading fanfics for a few years.


Chapter 1

Nicks point of view

“ ‘So Nick, what’s your favourite colour’, I swear Jay, they could have thought of some more original questions in the three years we’ve been away!” “They have Nicky-boy, ‘why have you decided to come back when the music scene obviously doesn’t need music like yours’ pah!”. AJ uses a squeaky voice to mock what must be the most annoying music journalist in the business. Actually I don’t think she knows a thing about music, she just knows how to get up peoples noses.

“Come on guys, the interviews weren’t that bad today, it’ll just take some time to get back in the swing of things”. That’s Kevin, trying to be the voice of reason but he needn’t think I didn’t see his face turning red earlier, he was practically shaking when the interviewer from hell asked why at 33 he’s still in a boyband. And to think I thought she was cute when she first walked in.

I look around the room and see Brian and Howie on their mobiles, I guess some other things don’t change either. They wrap up their conversations as our manager Jonny enters the room.
“Guys, that was a very productive day. We’ve got interviews booked all day tomorrow, mainly international press, so be ready at 10”. I groan at what sounds to me like another early morning. “Nick, most of this city will be at work by the time you’re eating your breakfast, I’d hate to see you work a proper nine to five” Jonny scoffs.

“So we’re finished for the day then?” Brian looks hopeful as he says that. No doubt he wants to get back up stairs to see Leighanne and Baylee. We’re staying in a hotel in New York for a week long press stint. Most of the interviews are being held in a room within the hotel which is kinda useful but I still don’t get why we couldn’t do them in LA seeing as most of us live there. Jonny explained that it was something to do with time zones, I zoned out at that point myself. We’re also doing some chat shows in New York itself.

I must’ve missed the rest of the conversation as everyone is making their way out of the door. I notice Howie has stayed back and is giving me an odd look, “you ok Nicky?” “Yeah D I’m fine thanks, just a bit tired ya know”. Howie nods his head in agreement, “I know what you mean, man that was a long day. I was going to hit a club tonight but right now hitting the sack sounds more inviting”. I smile at Howie as he says goodbye and heads into his room.

I open the door to my room and see that it’s still in the same mess it was when I left it. Well it’ll just have to stay like that for another day. I throw my body down on the large bed and shake my head. I wasn’t telling Howie the whole truth earlier when I said that I was ok. I’ve had a strange feeling all day, I’m hoping it doesn’t mean anything.


Ok, so it’s now 4am, there is a whole day of interviews ahead and I can not get to sleep. For any normal human being this might usually be attributed to an active mind or too much coffee but you see, I’m not a normal human being. For one I am a member of the Backstreet Boys, normal and BSB do not always go hand in hand and for another reason, well I am not actually a human being, seeing as I am from outer space. The other boys in the band have been saying I’m from another planet for years but little do they know how near the mark they are.

To say I’m from outer space may be a slight exaggeration, I like to think of myself more as ‘half human’ given that although my parents aren’t human either, I was born on Earth and have lived here ever since. Now this obviously means that not a drop of my blood is human, but the way I see it is that if a person born and raised in Pheonix with a half Irish Grandmother can call themselves Irish and celebrate St Patrick’s Day every year, then I must have some claim to this title.

I put a hand to my stomach, it feels like it’s in knots. There have been a few times when I’ve had this feeling and something bad has always happened the next day. I’m just going to have to keep an extra look out tomorrow.