- Text Size +
A.N.: Yes, I'm back again-lol. Also, this fic takes place after Hey, Do You Know Me. Enjoy! Disclaimer: Only own Tesia & story idea - & her puppies. A.J. & Marcus own themselves, as does Bob. Thank-you. Note: The song is Never Gone by the Backstreet Boys. Also, in the beginning of each chapter Tesia is ten, but after the second set of lyrics, she is whatever age stated in the first following paragraph.

I really miss you There's something that I gotta say

Ten-year-old, Tesia Lenore McLean, sat in the living room of her brother's house. She was sitting upon the couch, reading a Goosebumps book she'd gotten the day before. She was bored, and for once, not looking for anyone to play with.

"Hey, you okay?" Marcus, A.J.' trusted friend and security guard asked, entering the room. "You've been awful quiet all morning."

Tesia nodded slightly. "I'm kay," she answered softly. "Just readin'..."

"You sure?" Marcus double-checked.

Tesia nodded again. "Mm hmm."

"Alright," Marcus said. "If you need me, I'll be down in the game room."

Tesia waved him off carelessly, as she went back to her book. Moments later, she looked back up and started thinking about her father again. It'd been two months since he'd past and four months until her eleventh birthday - a birthday she wasn't so sure she wanted to come. Mostly because it would be the first without her Daddy - mean as he used to be back then.

"I wants Daddy," she thought, blinking back her tears. "It's Valentine's Day. It's our special day - the one that Mommy never knew 'bout."

Her brother and her had exchanged silly Ninja Turtles Valentine's earlier that morning, and he'd given her some gifts as well, and some chocolate to go with it all. And now, they were each doing their own separate thing - but if he'd known what today really meant to his little sister, he would've spent it by her side instead. But he didn't know, as she'd never told him - and she never would.

Tesia bit her lip, as she had a flashback, while sitting there staring overtop her book out the window across the room.

The things we did The things we said Keep coming back to me and make me smile again You showed me how, to face the truth Everything that's good in me I owe to you

Little five-year-old Tesia's lower lip trembled when her Daddy came into the room to get her. Her Mommy had gone out for the day, stating her father was going to deal with her naughtiness. This had the little girl frightened, and she whimpered as her father took her hand and led her out of her bedroom and down the stairs. The worst punishments were always downstairs. She began to wail, when she realized they were headed for the basement.

Robert McLean, mostly known as Bob, led his small child down the basement steps silently, and into a back room that had locks on it - it was where she usually got her worse punishments - though he tried to make those not too often.

Tesia tried to squirm away, now in a panic as they neared the room. She'd been relatively good today, so why was he dragging her down here? Why?

Bob said nothing, as he opened the door and dragged her in, closing and locking the door behind him. He turned the lights on, and heard a small gasp come from behind him.

Tesia gasped once the lights were turned on, as instead of a belt hanging on the wall like always - there was a small table and two chairs set up, with pretend candles and lots of goodies. She looked up at her Daddy, utterly confused as to why all this was there.

Bob just smiled at his daughter. He'd done this, as he used to take her out on this day, but since last year - after her stay with her brother - he couldn't take her anywhere, if he wanted to protect her from her mother.

"Well, what do you think?" He asked gruffly.

Tesia looked up at her Daddy and smiled. "Are they fer me?"

Bob nodded. "Yep," he answered, scooping her up and nuzzling her a bit. "Happy Valentine's Day, Honey."

Tesia squealed and threw her arms about her Daddy's neck in a great big hug. "Loves Daddy!"

Bob smiled more. "I love you too, Tesia. But you can't tell Mommy that."

"I won't," Tesia assured him. "I'ma be good an' quiet - likes a mouse!"

Bob laughed. "Alright, little mouse. Let's go eat some goodies while we can."

Tesia nodded her head eagerly, and squirmed out of his arms, and ran for the table he'd set up. "Chocolate!"

Bob sat down at the little table with her, and opened up the heart-shaped cupcakes he'd found and boughten. "Here. This can be our cake," he told her. "And these can be our candles."

Tesia giggled as her Daddy stuck Teddy Grahms atop the cupcakes, so that they were standing straight up. "Daddy silly."

Bob chuckled as he poured them each a cup of apple juice. "Here we go. This can be our fancy drink." He knew his little girl loved to play pretend - hence why she used to always play dress-up - before it had been forbidden.

Tesia grinned her lopsided grin - the grin that was identical to her brother's - and quickly dug into her cupcake and drank up her juice. "More pease, Daddy?"

"Sure, Baby," Bob smiled, pouring her some more juice. "Would you like another cupcake too? Or do you want to start in on the chocolate?"

"Chocolate!" Tesia exclaimed excitedly, as she bounced in her seat and clapped her hands. "Pease Daddy! Pease!"

Bob nodded, and opened up the box of chocolates he'd gotten for them. They had caramel centers, as he knew his baby girl loved those best.

Tesia eagerly accepted one and popped it into her mouth, savouring its deluctable taste. "Mm..."

"Well?" Bob asked.

"Yummy, Daddy! Yummy!" Tesia answered, her mouth still full.

"Now, would you like your gift? Or should we skip that?"

Tesia looked up at him. "Gift pease."

Bob smiled again as he handed her a wrapped parcel. "There you go, Honey. Open it up and see what you got."

Tesia quickly opened it up, her eyes going wide. "It a dolly, Daddy!" She crowed. "It a dolly!"

"It's Baby Tender Treasures," Bob stated, reading the box. "Want Daddy to get her out for you?"

"Uh-huh!" Tesia nodded excitedly. "Pease Daddy! Pease!"

Bob chuckled, as he took the doll back, and opened the box. Once the doll was free, he handed the baby over to his baby. "Well, is she what you wanted?"

"Uh-huh," Tesia nodded. "Tank-you Daddy."

"Don't I get a hug?" Bob queried, raising his eyebrows playfully.

Tesia jumped up and ran around the small table and into his arms with her new doll. "Tank-you! Tank-you! Tank-you!"

Bob kissed her head. "You're welcome, Baby. Now, there's some more gifts for you and your baby over in the corner."

Tesia's face light up as she hurried over to the corner and shrieked with delight, upon spotting numerous doll accessories. She immediately set her baby doll in her new stroller, and began trying to find an outfit for her baby to wear. Only problem was, there was so many to choose from, she didn't know which to pick.

Bob smiled to himself happily as he watched his pride and joy play excitedly with her new toys. He knew he'd have to keep them hidden down here, and maybe once in a while, if she wasn't too naughty, he'd bring her down to play with them.

Tesia ran back over to her Daddy, pushing her new doll in its stroller. "Daddy! You gotta helps me puts my dolly in her Valen-teen Dwess!"

Bob laughed. "Alright. Let's see this Valentine's Day dress, Honey. Does it match this one?" He pulled one out from behind him.

Tesia squealed, as she realized it was for her. "Daddy! I wanna looks pwetty too!"

Bob shook his head, trying not to laugh more, as he helped his little girl into her new Valentine's Day dress. He then helped her dress her doll, so that the two of them matched. It was an adorable sight - one he'd never forget. He also had a video camera hidden, so he could remember these moments and just why he loved his little girl so much. He was afraid he'd forget otherwise, and he didn't want to forget the fact he loved her.