- Text Size +
A.N.: Hey! Hope y'all are enjoying this fic! Here's the next chapter. Enjoy! Disclaimer: Only own Tesia & story idea. A.J. & Marcus own themselves, as does Bob. Thank-you. Note: The song is Never Gone by the Backstreet Boys. Also, in the beginning of each chapter Tesia is ten, but after the second set of lyrics, she is whatever age stated in the first following paragraph.

Though the distance that's between us now may seem to be too far It will never separate us deep inside I know you are

Tesia smiled to herself as she thought of all the other Valentine's Days the two of them had secretly shared. Her Daddy could be nice when he wanted to be - it just hadn't been all that often he was very nice. She sighed wistfully, as she silently wished her Daddy were still here, so they could share those silly cupcakes again.

"Daddy's cupcakes," she murmured to herself softly.

She'd never told anyone - not even her brother - about those Valetine's Days her and her father had spent together down in that back room in the basement. They'd had to hide in there, so her mother wouldn't find out and blow a gasket. Though, it pained her to not be able to play with her toys all the time, like she wanted.

She set her book down upon the couch and got up then, going up to her room, and rooting about in her toy chest. She smiled when she found what she'd been looking for, and picked it up, hugging it close.

"Hi dolly," she whispered to the tiny Treasure Tender's doll in her arms. "I missed you."

She sat there on her knees, rocking her baby doll for what seemed to be forever, but was actually only a few minutes.

"I'ma put you in your cradle," she told the doll, going over to the doll's cradle her brother had gotten her. "You can sleep here while I find you some socks."

She carefully and gently lay her doll in the cradle, then rooted about for some socks for her baby. In the midst of her search, she found a blanket and covered her doll up, smiling softly.

"You needs a lullabye, don'tcha?" She smiled tenderly. "I'ma sings you Daddy's song..."

"Daddy's girl, I'm the center of Daddy's world. I know I'm Daddy's number one, for he loves me like I was his son. Daddy's girl..."

Never Gone, never far in my heart is where you are Always close, everyday, every step along the way Even though for now we've got to say goodbye I know you will be forever in my life (Yeah) Never gone (no no no no no)

Six-year-old Tesia came flying through the front doors of the house, knowing she could because her mother was on vacation.

"Daddy! Daddy! Daddy!" She shrieked. "Guess whats! Guess whats!"

"What?" Bob asked, entering the hallway. "What are you screaming about?"

Tesia froze, upon hearing his tone. "I gots an' 'A' on my spellin' test..."

Bob smiled warmly at her. "That's great, Honey. You wanna go celebrate?"

"Really?" Tesia asked hopefully. "No spankin' for this mornin'?"

Bob thought a moment. "No. Not right now. If you act up again, yes. But right now, no."

"YEAH!" Tesia cheered. "Wanna gets ice cream, Daddy! Ice cream!"

"Ice cream, huh?" Bob said, scooping the excited child up into his arms. "What kind?"

"Tornado!" Tesia exclaimed, clapping her hands delightedly.

Bob laughed and carried her out to the car and strapped her in. He then drove out of town, just to get them some ice cream. He'd taken them somewhere he knew they'd never be spotted.

"Where are we, Daddy?" Tesia queried from the backseat. "Where's ice cream?"

Bob parked the car and got her out. "The ice cream's inside," he replied.

He got her out of the car and carried her inside the worn-down building, though it looked quite nice inside.

"Wow!" Tesia gasped, upon seeing all the ice cream flavours they had. "They gots Tornado, Daddy?"

"Yes, Honey," Bob nodded. "I checked the last time I was here."

"You comes withouts me, Daddy?"

"To make sure it was good enough, for my baby."

Tesia smiled. "Bigs ice cream?"

Bob nodded. "Sure. You can have a big ice cream - but you'd better eat it."

"I wills!" Tesia assured him.

Bob got them their ice cream cones, and the two sat down to eat. Once done, he cleaned her up as best he could at the moment, and took her back out to the car.

"Where we go now Daddy?" Tesia asked, before sticking her tongue out to show him her now blue tongue.

"You'll see Tesia. Just be patient."

Tesia was as patient as could be while her Daddy drove them along roads she'd never seen before in her young life.

"We there yets, Daddy?" She asked finally. "We drives forever!"

Bob parked the car once more, and got her out again. "Yes, we're here."

Tesia's eyes went wide. "It a park!" She squealed. "Daddy! It a park!"

Bob chuckled. "Yes, Tesia. It's a park. Go play."

"You plays too, Daddy?" Tesia questioned, giving him a hopeful look.

"Yes," Bob responded. "I'll play too."

Tesia gave a whoop of joy, then dragged her Daddy off to the big red slide.